Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day tuesday 16 April

MAE Absters
    At another airport - but at least it is in NZ. Yes PPQP, I am glad to be on home ground. As I said I love travelling but miss my partner and daughter. Plus I will end up mega-fat at this rate - not eating the usual austere regime. Last night I had a comfy seat on the plane but the guy near me was hitting back the wine and brandy - the smell made me feel sick. Oh well, it was me with a cheerful disposition when breakfast was served!
    Kuya - yes, autumn is here and I see its raining in Auckland - but believe me it is warm warm rain compared to the UK.
    How's MIck surviving? - you deserve a medal for getting through that winter.
    Blondie - good to see you back on the boards - seems like you have been busy. How are the other busy people - Cat, SF, SL, Lavande - and all others.
    Oh hell - another obs from the airport lounge I am in - an attractive young professional woman - sneakily gulping down the wine - its not even 11am. I am not being judgmental - just feel sad that AL has such a grip on people.
    My work week ahed looks grim - so expect a few moans.
    OK - have a great sober Tuesday you wonderful people!
    PS - watched a great drama series on the plane - 'The Hour' about the early days of the BBC.

af day tuesday 16 April

Good morning Abbers,

TT, I imagine you are home by now & I'll bet you are grateful
    It is sad to watch others chugging wine at 11 am, yuck.

I am enjoying some coffee & quiet time before my grandsons wake up. They spent the night here, their parents both had to be out extra early this morning.
    My grandson's mysterious illness has suddenly vanished. He is just about 100% back to himself, walking on his own, playing, happy & everything. I am one grateful granny

My thoughts & prayers are with the people in Boston affected by the horrible bombings yesterday.
    Why is there so much evil in the world??

PQ, glad to hear rain will clear out the snow for you on Friday.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

MAE ALL...

TT...it was nice to see todays post yesterday. You'll soon be back to your routines including eating properly. It's funny how much we notice others drinking now. Like I really got away with hiding it :no:

Lav
      ...what great news about your grandson. I'm so glad you don't have that to worry about anymore. Our Calgary contingency in Boston is safe and accounted for. We have a big marathon run here next month and you can bet that will be on everyone's mind.

Coffee's on for second cups, or firsts for those who stop in. It's a nice feeling knowing where I'm going to park my butt this morning when I get to work. Will post a pic after the furniture is in. Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

Hi All
        Just having my AM coffee and reading the tread. Such a positive start for the day.
        My way of staying connected with those who have realized the negative that al has in our lives.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF. 5-16-08
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

Morning all, slow start to the day in my world.
          Trying to put some sembalance of order into my world.
          Mrs. BHOG and I started our classes at University last night. (gulp) it's been a long time since I cracked a book for anybody else.
          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

Haha - can't stay asleep - from flying etc. I could have started Wed's thread but that would be very confusing. Really sad to hear about the Boston Marathon Bombings. I hope the London Marathon s trouble-free.
            Great news about your grandson Lav.
            Hope you enjoy the new office PPQP. I am having mine sound-proofed some time soon.
            Hi there Caysea and BHOG.
            Not many seem to be posting these days. Hope Mick's computer is getting better from its illness.
            Might try and grab an hour's sleep as I have a 9am meeting and lots to do today (WEd).

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

oooooh Sound-Proofed...why didn't I think of that!

Might take a couple of sleeps to get your time zone reset TT. :H

Hope you get your nap in....PPQP

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

Hola everyone... I missed the morning check-in, but all is going to plan for today.

Headed to bed soon, gosh really craving the sugar lately. I even ate dessert tonight, I never do that. But hey, it is far better than a bottle of wine. I did a good job with the exercise today so, I am just going to leave it at that. I think it is more important that I do not drink.
                You know treetops, I also now notice how other people indulge, or overindulge, lately. Before I just imagined the entire world was mostly sober (well, at least 1/2 the people on my little island and most people in Europe) and it was just me who drank too often. I keep wondering 'where is the point when you say 'hey, I am out of control.' I guess it is different for everyone. At least I do not feel like I am missing much. Vino was mostly an escape for me anyhow. The goal was to miss as much as possible really.
                Haha. Not that funny actually, but very true. Off to bed. I am even back to reading in the evening!
                March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                May 29: back to day 1
                June: The battle continues......

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

LTLW...I never ate dessert till I quit drinking. In the begining I had some cravings for sweets and indulged, but that soon settled down.

I agree, everyones "I'm out of control" moment is different. I'm just grateful I didn't have to experience the "Hitting Bottom" before I had mine.

I just had to :H when you said you were even back to reading in the evenings. That's me to a "T". It was like having an old friend come home....PPQP

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

Just a quick check in. I look forward to having the time/energy to really read here and respond. I have been reading....

Mick my day off was spent with moving a few things around....and watching TV. I mean somebody has to make sure all the cable stations work correctly

Just really happy here.

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

Good evening all,

TT, I can only imagine the jet lag.....
                      hope you catch up soon

Greetings again PQ, LTLW & SF!

I think I've finally figured out what Mick is doing when he goes missing :H :H
                      Supposedly the farmer does this to entertain travelers on the road nearby....

AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

TheSunFlower;1493201 wrote: I mean somebody has to make sure all the cable stations work correctly:H :H looking forward to your input ...and you sound really happy too!

Lavande;1493207 wrote:
                        By Jove...I Think You've Got It Lav...:H

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

LMAO, Lav! You may be on to something.

Well, I have to go to PA Thursday. That is the ONLY day they can install the back exterior door before Sunday. My realtor has a closing that morning, or she would be there for me. Ugh! I'm sure you are all praying that I sell this house soon so I stop whining. :H

Anyway, off to bed. I love reading, too. I still read when I was drinking, but didn't often remember what I read.

:l
                          YahYah
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

I just realised I have lost a day somewhere.

MAE Abbers......glad everyone is well.

In case anyone has already bought the cake.....I have had my tantrum and decided my addiction to 'getting on my high horse' is too strong to leave ! :H:H

So sad about the bombing....has the source been established? Sick and scary...which is their point.

Going for a nana nap.....late night catching up with me.

Mick .....did you make a start ? I will nag you until you do

Safe return TT....autumn leaves to greet you, or do you only have native trees?

Comment

af day tuesday 16 April

Mae, abbers.

Sorry to go AWOL. I was in a valley of working through taxes and many financial issues in the last week. I had good news on taxes owed back to me, which is wonderful. I also realized how much financial stress has impacted me lately. I know there are more ways I can save, and I've got some momentum now. I'm also starting to network with old colleagues. It's giving me a lot of positive energy toward my career and pointing myself in the right direction.

I've been getting very little sleep due to workload, so I'm signing off.

Kuya, I'm taking my supplements.
                              Lav, I will get the book you recommended. I like her as an author and advisor.

:l Cat
                              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X