Wednesday 17 April/AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday 17 April/AF

Thought I would start the thread today- welcome to a new day folks!
    Weather is warming up here in the north of Europe (I didn't think it would happen to be honest).
    I think life is going to settle down a bit for us & soon we will be off traveling for a while.
    Feeling a little sleepy... more coffee...... love the red sheep by the way! I do not see them from my iPhone for some reason.... I would love to see them while driving down the road!
    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
    May 29: back to day 1
    June: The battle continues......

Wednesday 17 April/AF

Glad that its getting warmer in Europe LTLW.

I have been pretty tired today - and feeling down - coming home Blues. I know I shouldn't have them and I know 90% is tiredness. Feeling like its so easy to slip into our old ways in how we react to family and work dynamics. Guess I would like a bit more attention/affection from the family - instead of being the one who organises things and cooks meals. Guess I would like a bit more positive acknowledgement from work but as I am in a senior level role - I have to live with this and not expect any applause (I am pretty certain I do my job very well but I am not a superstar). Not feeling very confident - and as I mentioned in a post weeks back - very sensitive to my own mortality. It would be too easy to forget these intense thoughts with immersion in wine and fool myself about my own self-importance, or rage (alone) about the injustice of it all. Thats not going to happen as wine is poison to me and I don't want to drink. But also as I said months ago - its the coming back to routine that can be so hard - and for decades I coped with that routine with my addiction.
    Well you weren't expecting this gloom from me but it happens to us all. And I needed to get it out and share. And I can't go to sleep yet or else I will wake up in the middle of the night!!!!:upset:

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

Good morning Abbers & Happy Hump day

Glad you are getting some warmer weather LTLW, it's bound to happen sooner or later! Take advantage & stay outside as much as possible

TT, learning not to expect any applause was a big deal for me as well!
      I used to do a lot of moaning about the same thing, honestly. What do you do when you are feeling under-appreciated at work, at home, everywhere? I tried to numb that sad & lonely feeling with a whole lot of wine. Yeah, that didn't work. Over the past few years i have developed a lot of gratitude for what I do have & I no longer look to others for acceptance & approval. We really do have all we need right with ourselves. Pat your own back, so to speak & forget about what you are not gettting from others. We need to be our own best friends

No kids on my schedule today so I can get some things done, yay!
      Wishing everyone a terrific AF Wednesday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

I know where your coming from treetops. Sometimes life can feel so humdrum and wine helps to get through these days, at least it has for me for many years. I just keep telling myself that there HAS to be more to life than this dreaded feeling of wanting to drink everyday!

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

MAE ALL...

LTLW...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Here's another coffee for you. Hope the weather keeps improving for you.

TT...sorry you're feeling down. It can be a bit rough coming back to the "same old". I'll take the boring and underappreciated over chaotic and miserable any day.

Lav
          ...I lived for the approval of others. That was a hard one for me to change. Getting to like myself again took time but the more AF days I got the easier that was. Enjoy your kid free day.

Roz
          ...it was so rewarding getting past that "dreadful" feeling of wanting to drink everyday. It's true, Time takes Time.

Off to get my second cuppa and have a look around. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

MAE all!

LTLW, well, soon you'll be manic with the extremely long days in the northern latitudes--something you don't get in the tropics! I'm glad it is finally starting to warm up.

Welcome, Roz!

Yes, it is important to learn to pat ourselves on the back. Many times other people are too preoccupied with their own stuff to see that we need a little positive encouragement. That is one good thing about MWO Abs, though. This place is positively BRIMMING with positive encouragement.

TT, I hope that your re-entry to regular life goes more smoothly from here on out. That jet lag will take a while to work itself out! I'm glad you know better than to think a drink or ten would really help.

Well, I have to cancel my workday tomorrow to go up to PA. The ONLY day they can install the new back door is tomorrow. I've waited 8 fecking weeks for this door to be made, and it's taken 3 weeks to finally get an appointment to get it installed. Naw, I'm not angry or anything. Wait, I smell something burning! It's my pants! Damn! Maybe I can mow the lawn while I'm there. The whole thing makes me want to go back to bed and whimper.

Anyway......at least I'm sober.

Have a great AF day, all!

:l
            YahYah
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

MAE Abbers.....short and sweet as is getting late.

TT ...... :l:l I know exactly how you feel...it is exhausting sometimes. Don't forget though that you are probably just tired.

Thanks for the start winter and welcome to you Roz.

Lav I will come round and personally name each chook for you.....no charge.

Hi PPQ......you are sounding so well and happy I log in just to read you

YAH.....I know exactly how you feel......by the time I finished my renovation I was sick looking at it.....just wanted it sold. Over soon though and well done you.

Laters
              KY

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

Boy, I can relate, TT. Everybody wants something from you, and nobody says thanks or even F off. But you better be sure to be there when they need you! Took me a while to get over it, and I did soem things to reduce it. for example: I learned to say no. And not feel guilty. I also learned to take care of me, to express that I would not do things that were not beneficial to me.
                It has gotten better since then.
                BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

hey ABenators!

rumors of my death have been largely exaggerated I'm happy to say

just been taking a break from all kinds of electronic social media and getting my 'paleo on' more seriously. also attending some F2F meetings at a group in town I'm really enjoying.

sorry to hear some are feeling blue, all I know is if I'm at least more than 50% positive about things, then life is certainly doable. and when it dips below 50% I can be assured it's temporary.

one of my recent daily affirmations is to 'enjoy the journey'. sounds simple but it's an interesting challenge and exercise in mindfulness.

I really miss my chat friends...will poke in later on

be well
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

TT: just reading your post from your last night. Sorry you are in a funk, hopefully you will feel a bit better after some rest? Well, at least you have valid reasons behind how you are feeling and that you are able to articulate exactly why you feel as you do. I think that is something pretty positive, to be honest. Some people just feel lousy and cannot really say why. Doesn't help any, I am just trying to come up with a reason you are on the right track. Which I think you are. Let me check your post for the 18th... hope ur feeling a bit better already...
                    March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                    May 29: back to day 1
                    June: The battle continues......

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

YahYah...Re-entry to regular life...:H:H....I'm going to have to use that. Can think of all kinds of situations it would have been perfect for!

Did you get your "pants" put out? I won't even ask

Is this the end in sight? Mow the lawn, get the door hung and get er sold?

And as far as "at least" I'm sober....should be I've got the dead beats out, renovated the house, mowed the lawn, hung the door and I DID IT ALL SOBER! HooRah!

Don't forget to take a pic for us....PPQP

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

KY :h

What a nice thing to read after a very busy, unrewarding day.

You made my night....PPQP

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

BHOG...learning to say NO (without the guilt) was one of my hardest changes. It just goes against the grain, but can be done.

Det
                          ...Glad to hear the rumors were largely exaggerated 'cause I have a favor to ask. I've been going through all your Paleo Diet posts, I have the thread bookmarked, as myself and some friends are thinking that may be the way to go. Can you recommend a book/website for the begining Paleo? Gotta go slow and take it one day at a time. :H Good to see you posting again.

Time to think of something!! to make for DinDin so will see you all in the morning....PPQP

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

Porquoi, here's something fun and paleo I made for lunch yesterday:

it's something I just invented out of the blue. Salmon crusted with cumin seeds and topped with a quick pickle (mostly beets). it was suuuuuper yummo.

here are some mega resources for getting your paleo on:

Home

Art De Vany on Line - Results

Mark's Daily Apple
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wednesday 17 April/AF

Det...I'm drooling!!!

Thank you so very very much...:h

Hope you don't mind some questions now and again....PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X