AF daily wednesday 15 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning - up early for work - sat here with my huge coffee.

I'm definitely going to buy supplements - never done it before for alcohol/smoking - we can't buy GABA in UK but can get in prescription. I think I am going to go with patrick holford - omega oils, 5HTP, tyrosine, l glut, b vits and multi vitamins.

I'm also cutting down on caffeinated coffee - down to 2 a day atm. Otherwise had a good night's sleep and managed to take make up off and clean teeth before bed.Knee still injured so no gym for me.

Anyway - good day all and will catch up later with you all.Thanks for feedback yesterday - very helpful. working on feeling grateful that i am free from alcohol and smoking and that it is my choice, not something I am having enforced on me.I will then set bigger goals re weight loss and getting fit.
    one day at a time

OOPs - I did not see Bear's thread so let's use this as our thread today. I have cut and pasted the thread I started. Here goes:

MAE absters!

Its dark now, have had dinner and relaxing with a decafe cappuccino before I tackle some work. I can offer you guys some decafe or green tea, cat food, fruit and ginger crunch. Thats about all thats lurking for post dins nibbles.

Good to see every one checking in on the Tuesday thread.

Kuya - thanks for the supplements reminders. Last year the dr put me on thiamine supps. Not sure why but that seems to have been a common supp for allies. Do you think its necessary to keep on thiamine.

SF - hope the inner journey is taking you to a good space. Sounds like it.

SL - don't envy the evening meetings and the drive. I hate evening meetings and am so thankful I don't face a long commute to work

LTLW - glad the calm is descending. Sounds like its coming together and I say, yeah to you posting a reason not to drink each day

PPQP - good luck with the court thing. Whats POA stand for (here it means Price on Application)

Lav - your descriptions of your grandkids exhausts me too! So I can only imagine what its like for you. Hope you are getting lots of me time (everyone tells me to take this so now I am passing the buck)

Cinders - well I guess you have had your cuddle. Bo more questions

Bear - keep up the plan - the reading, the supps and the refusal to let the beast anywhere near you. Non-negotiable!!

Mick - wakey wakey!!! get the tea and real coffee on. Or is it a fasting day? How's the garden?

Det - great to see you mate and welcome back.

OK - I may have not named everyone but you know I am sending a big hug to all and tonight extra positive vibes.
    Daughter's school report card came today and she is doing really well - there are a few wee schoolwork things to address but hey thats to be expected. I blame the internet (she says as she types furiously!!!). Am so proud and full of love for her and tonight, yep also for her Dad. Especially as his brains means we don't have to hire a maths tutor. I have no idea what high school maths is about these days.

Be good and have a great day

Comment

Morning all- I am feeling okay as well. A lot better than yesterday.
      Bear73, I have taken supplements but with no notable success. I think it is the quality of the products in the Caribbean. I am noticing the L-Glut calms me down and will go find the inositol today. If this works that would be great. I have been on Prozac before, also works to calm me down and cut the drink down to maybe once a month? But I prefer not messing with chemicals.
      Rainy here today, gonna make it an art day.
      March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
      May 29: back to day 1
      June: The battle continues......

Comment

mae all and how are we today?thanks for starting the thread off Bear...dont know much about the supplements, never used them,but I do know that you have got your head thinking straight ..yes it is about choices..and when you can accept that you are not drinking because you dont want a drink as opposed to you cant drink then you are laughing.. so get that mind focused!!Live not so far from Manchester...got relatives that live there too and I used to work there .

Tea n coffee anyone?

Evening TT and how are you ? had a good day? or still reading up on work?must be chill time now.

Morning ltlw...hows you today?best of luck with the house hunting..its a pain but you will get somewhere..hopefully sooner rather than later..
        You wrote"As for as the wine goes I am pretty okay for a few days."...that was obviously written down wrongly...what I am sure you meant to say was...."as for the wine I am sound...it aint getting a hold on me!!!" be positive...hit the fkr straight on and push it out of the road...no sir this af road is mine so get off it!!! No okay just the one ,it cant hurt etc...thats when he has got you and its back to square 1 ......

Evening Kuya..and hows you this fine evening? Got to agree entirely with your sentiments..we are all here because we drank and couldnt control it..The goal as you say is..come here for help and support because we recognise that the world is turned upside down for us ..drink was no longer the slave ,but the master..but to get back to reality we have got to be positive too...if all we wanted was chat n a gossip we could bugger off to trailersville and be on the Kyle or Springer show!!Friendships come after we have made that commitment..after all its a bit much me sitting in the sunshine outside sippin a whisky and soda,saying "now this is what to do "" to quit...hardly likely anyway ..theres no sun!!:H:H
        Mind you dont know why Im telling you this you already know..just saying in my long winded way yep I agree with you..we come here to get rid of the shackles of alcohol...anyway hope you have a pleasant evening mate

Morning Lav..you burst my bubble ...seriously I thought that prog was real..obviously with some poetic licence.Was it made on location round Lancaster and the other place?..oh well.On to cup 2 now ..want one? well finished off my frame yesterday to put the strawbs and spuds into..now shifted them out of the greenhouse so that I can get my tomatoes in and it has done nothing but rain all night!!!Have you moved the muckpile yet?At the doctors today for bloodtest results and then Friday off to hozzy.You grandchild watching today? have a good day

Hiya Cinders how are you today?nice post you did ...nice and simple not wishing for the world but just chatting happily sober!!! well done :applaud:

Morning ppqp hows you today?whats your weather like today? are you able to get out? unfortunately I cant at the moment ..but I will.Yes you are right ..if you keep posting, the more involved you get with the site ,the more it reinforces that message ..I dont drink.
        Have a good day

Hi SF..you doing ok? seems so well done on your journey finding your inner self

SL how are you today? wow a day of meetings? yeuch!!!so now you have recognised that sod it moment ..all you have to do now is to get past it and your well on the way..so go for it. :l

Det you are doing excellent my friend cant fault you so keep it up.

Right thats me off to the docs..see what they've discovered in my blood... wont be alcohol thats a defo ..have a great day all

A police officer stops a local for speeding, and asks very plainly, ?May I see your license and registration, sir.?
        The local replied with a huff, ?I wish you guys would get your act together. Just yesterday you took my license away from me, now you expect me to show it to you?!??

A guy is hanging upside down from the rafters at a factory when a blonde coworker walks by.

?What are you doing?? she asks.

?I need a few weeks off,? explains the man. ?I?m pretending to be nuts.?

Just then the boss walks by and sees the man dangling from the ceiling.

?What are you doing?? asks the boss.

?I?m a light bulb,? answers the guy.

?You?re going crazy. Take a vacation.?

The man jumps down to leave, and the blonde starts to follow him.

?Where do you think you?re going, young lady?? the boss asks.

?Home,? she replies. ?I can?t work in the dark.?

Q: How do you keep a kid from wetting the bed?A: Give him an electric blanket.

Two men are talking in the bar sharing their sob stories. One man says, "I had the worst Freudian slip the other day."

The other man responds, "What the fuck is a Freudian slip?"

"You know," says the first man. "It's when you mean to say one thing, but you say something else that reveals what you are really thinking about. Like the other day I was at the airport, and this really sexy lady was helping me. Instead of asking her for 'two tickets to Pittsburgh,' I asked her for 'two pickets to Tittsburgh."

The second replies, "Oh, now I know what you are talking about. It's like the other day when I was having breakfast with my wife. I wanted her to pass me the orange juice, but instead I said, 'You ruined my life, bitch!'"

Two 80-year-old women are driving when they come upon an intersection. The light is red, but they drive right through it. The woman in the passenger seat thinks to herself, I must be losing it. I could swear we just ran a red light. After a few more minutes, they come to another intersection, and again they run a red light.

The woman in the passenger seat decides to speak up: ?Mildred! You just ran two red lights in a row!?

?Oh,? says Mildred. ?Am I driving??

A mother and her son were flying on a plane. The son, who had been looking out the window, turned to his mother and asked, "If big dogs have baby dogs and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?

The mother, who couldn't think of an answer, told her son to ask the stewardess.

So the boy asked the stewardess, "If big dogs have baby dogs and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?"

The stewardess responded, "Did your mother tell you to ask me?"

The boy said, "Yes she did."

"Well, then, tell your mother that there are no baby planes because Southwest always pulls out on time."

Late one evening, an officer was parked outside a local pub. He noticed a man leaving the bar who was so intoxicated that he could barely walk.

The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes with the officer quietly observing. After the intoxicated man had tried his keys on five different vehicles, he managed to find his car and fall into the driver's seat.

He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off, flicked the indicators on, tooted the horn, and then finally switched on the lights. He remained stationery for a few more minutes as more cars left the parking lot. After what seemed like an eternity, he pulled out of the lot and started to drive slowly down the road.

The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over, and carried out a breathalyzer test.

To his amazement the breathalyzer indicated no evidence of the man having consumed alcohol at all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said ?I?ll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station; this equipment must be broken.?

?I doubt it,? said the man, ?tonight I?m the designated decoy.?

A woman goes into a dentist?s office, and after her examination, the dentist says, ?I?m sorry to tell you this, but I am going to have to drill that tooth.?

Horrified, the woman replies, ?Oh, no! I?d rather have a baby.?

To which the dentist replies, ?Make up your mind, I have to adjust the chair.?

A farmer got pulled over by state trooper Jon for speeding, and the trooper started to lecture the farmer about his speed, and in general began to throw his weight around to try to make the farmer uncomfortable. Finally, trooper Jon got around to writing out the ticket, and as he was doing that he kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around his head. The farmer said, ?Having some problems with circle flies there, are ya??

Trooper Jon stopped writing the ticket and said, ?Well yeah, if that?s what they are?I never heard of circle flies.?

So the farmer said, ?Well, circle flies are common on farms. See, they?re called circle flies because they?re almost always found, circling around the back end of a horse.?

The trooper said, ?Oh,? and went back to writing the ticket. Then after a minute he stopped and said, ?Hey, wait a minute, are you trying to call me a horse?s ass??

?Oh no, officer. I have too much respect for law enforcement and police officers to even think about calling you a horse?s ass.?

Trooper Jon said, ?Well, that?s a good thing,? and went back to writing the ticket.

After a long pause, the farmer said, ?Hard to fool them flies though.?

Two guys are driving to work when one asks the other if he talks to his wife after sex.?Yes,? replies the guy. ?If I can find a phone.?

Q: What do Eskimos get from sitting on the ice too long? A: Polaroids.

Two car salesmen were sitting at the bar. One complained to the other, ?Boy, business sucks. If I don?t sell more cars this month, I?m going to lose my f...ing ass.?
        Just then, he noticed a beautiful blonde sitting two stools away. Immediately, he apologized for his bad language.
        ?That?s OK,? she said, ?If I don?t sell more ass this month, I?m going to lose my f..king car.?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE Abbers.....quick check in as a long day

Good news on the supplements folks. Remember to take them regularly. Glutamine will diffuse most cravings....but only if you take it ! and don't forget the power of a full stomach on cravings.....hunger is a major trigger and women tend to starve themselves of food and mistake hunger for a desire to drink. EAT.......this is no time to be watching your weight.

I have said this over on newbies and it bears repeating; if someone battling cancer said they were dieting we would think them insane, yet people suffering life threatening alcoholism will allow themselves to go hungry, drink and then claim the ' urge' was overwhelming.

TT....I would go on with the thiamine due to your history. The liver is amazingly forgiving but why not help it as much as possible. I take a mega B vitamin, you pee out what you don't need though I notice this is less now I am sober which kinda confirms that while drinking we cannot absorb much.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Bear...good morning, thanks for kicking us off. Coffee is another addiction for me. Cutting down to 2 pots (not cups) in the morning would be an improvement for me. Good job on turning your thinking around, it will make a difference. Enjoy your day.

TT...evening, hope you're enjoying the peace. POA stands for Power of Attorney. My sister and brother are co-poa's to my Dad. We've been fighting to have them removed since last June. No court as it turns out the defendants lawyer kicked my brother out of her office and told him to go find his own lawyer. Looks like we'll still be able to remove the sister and will deal with the brother if and when we have to. Consent order being drawn up for court on the 22nd and we will not have to attend the rubber stamping. Fingers crossed.

Mick...thanks for the coffee can really use it this morning. Didn't sleep well last night, must have a lot on my mind. Weather forecast is for rain showers, nothing much but will get rid of all this dust around town. Hope the blood test results are ok with no surprises.

KY...evening to you. Had to look up thiamine again (so many supp's, so little knowledge) and it's also called the B1 vitamin. Was glad to see that as I'm using a multi B vitamin already so got that covered. Easy to get complacent with vitamins (like everything else) but do notice big time if I'm slacking off on my B12. Have a good night.

Onto cup #3 and a read through Mick's jokes. Have a great AF Humpday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

Good morning Abbers & happy humpday

I'm about to take off for Curves but not until my coffee fully kicks in - don't want to hurt myself :H

Greetings bear, TT, Mick, Kuya, PQ & everyone!
              The mulch pile still sits & waits. I have had extra business this week keeping me in my shop but that's a good thing. I did have the kids here for about 6 hrs yesterday & I won't let them near that mulch pile - what a mess that would be!!

I am good about taking my supplements, they really do help along with some super healthy food

Have a terrific AF Wednesday everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE Fabbies!

Sorry I haven't been posting. I've been pretty down about money. The bills are coming in faster than the money is, and that is a real trigger for depression for me. I am glad to say that I haven't had a drink or smoked a cigarette. Practicality has stopped me as much as anything. What do I need with spending $20/day on cigarettes and booze? No way I could justify that to myself! But it is hard sitting with the feelings of anxiety and fear. So I've been pretty self-absorbed. But I thought I'd better take myself in hand and reach out. I'm not doing myself any good by isolating.

I've been reading every day and following all of you, although I haven't had it together to say much.

Anyway, you all sound pretty good to me. Send a few wee good vibes out into the universe for me that I get a few new clients in the office soon. It will do a lot to turn things around. Things have been strangely slow for this time of the year.

Thinking of you all, but unfortunately, mostly thinking about me, me, me, and frankly, getting tired of it. Sigh.......

Hugs,
                :l
                YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Yah ..thats what we are here for...to support you ,so dont sit and feel pissed off and isolated..that wont do you no good at all ..we cant solve it for you but we can ease it so cmon smile :l
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning AFers,

I read early on but didn't have time to reply. Hubby got a medical bill from the hospital for $7000.00 that sent him into a tail spin. He has been on the phone at work dealing with it and it looks like it will go down to $1500.00 or so, which is much more reasonable. That said, this is only the first of two hospital stays and in-home care for antibiotic infusions and now he goes in tomorrow for colonoscopy and Friday for surgery to resect his colon. I grimace to think what all of this will come to in terms of money.

However, it is what it is and we will deal with it.

I must find employment as soon as I can.

Y@H, I am sending you a pm. :-)

While I do not believe that supplementation in and of itself will make us sober, I do believe that it is a very important piece of feeling better as we heal from alcohol. Anything that makes our body stronger helps our minds, too. Feeling as well as possible as we work to stay sober and work to fill all aspects of our lives with better activities than alcohol will make our journeys happier.

I have to mow this morning, since I will be pretty tied up the rest of this week and weekend with hubby, so must run. I am trying to make a noon AA meeting, too.

Wishing all of us a happy, sober, productive day.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

heya- productive day today and doing just fine.
                      tired now, must get some dinner... didn't find the Inositol today, but will hopefully find it tomorrow.
                      March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
                      May 29: back to day 1
                      June: The battle continues......

Comment

Thanks Mick and Cinders. It helps to have just put it out there and get some responses.

Thanks for the PM Cinders!

Glad your day has been a good one, Winter.

Okay, back to work (networking--not my favorite thing.....)

Waves,
                        YahYah
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hey all, sorry to those struggling - especially with money. YAH and Cinders, I do feel for you. I am slowly dragging myself out of a big mess that accumulated in my marriage. I had to short sell my house - my house and all the credit cards were in my name as my ex was self employed. I can't believe how stupid I was for so long not to see what was going on - I came so close to being homeless, got my girls and myslef out in the nick of time and trying to pay off all bills (inc huge tax bill), and get credit back. Not at all how I anticipated being at the age of 50. Every time I think I am seeing the light, something else comes up and OMG it is so disheartening. Yup, my days are long and my commute stinks - but I have a job and a regular paycheck, with health insurance and for that I am so very grateful. Big hugs to both of you :l:l

thanks as always for all the chat and commnication here - looks as if I should look into some B vitamins. I did try supplemnts but did not see much effect - a healthy diet did help though for sure.

Getting there and things are clicking I think - it doesn't seem such a battle just now, just a constant hum - would like to switch the hum off....
                          OK, lunch almost over, back to work..
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Some of you are so good at responding to everyone.....I don't know how you do it.

The inner journey thing is good and bad. Some old memories coming up that I had forgotten about for years....not good ones. The emotions kinda tidal waved today.....but, took my favorite yoga class and it all melted away.

I love taking the supplements, they do make me feel better....and I can tell when I have forgotten to take them. I don't take GABA anymore....and there is no difference.

YAH and Cinders I am sorry to hear about the $$ troubles. A few years back we were in a complete mess with $$.....and I was scared to death I was going to be living under a bridge. The real problem was that I could not see the future (who can)....got myself worked up silly....and all the bad shit happened anyways and we survived. I look back and see what a waste of engery all that worrying was I was doing....it did nothing but deplete me.

SL....I am not where I thought I would be financially at 41. We really had everything set in place....but, then the ecomony flipped on us....and it was out of my control. Its still hard for me to see people in their 30's paying of their house....car paid off....and literally no debt.

But I had a client tell a bit of her story. She grew up in a war torn country....her family continually lost everything. It taught her to only look forward and not too far forward.

Now I am grateful for the small things in life. I don't even own a house to pay off, but a roof over my head and food to eat. I am beating addiction. I have a job. A family who loves me.....at the end of the day....that is what is important.

OH....today...my mind did ping pong about a drink. Going back and forth like a caged animal. Then I heard this simple little laugh....."really you need to think about this?" Ended there.

Comment

Like you YAH, I am so vulnerable with regards to finance, and so are my moods. I so understand :l:l

SF you sound so well and positive and seeing the glass half full not empty. We must all learn to do that IMO.

SL.....do you use glutamine? Sorry if you have answered this already, but we cannot have it emphasised enough how much this protein works on cravings....and it is cheap and safe. It also works with nicotine cravings.

A Method to Quit Smoking Naturally | Suite101

I have told my doctor about this and kudzu, he had never heard of either and admitted he had decided I would NEVER quit smoking and was amazed that I had!

Comment

Working...
                              X