X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Welcome everyone!
    Sorry I couldn't think of anything else, too early, not enough coffee :H :H

The heatwave continues here on the east coast, day 4 to be exact.
    I will keep myself out of it as much as possible

I do want to run down to the yard/bake sale today, hope there's a good turnout for our Curves club
    What's everyone else up to today??

Have a great AF Saturday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Cmon kids....it's June now
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

I see you lav! Thanks for starting June off. I love the name!
      Pers-time to share!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Where is everyone today?

Papmom, how's your back today? Better I hope
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Good Evening Friends,

I've had a lovely day. My friend's daughter's bridal shower was splendid. I saw a lot of women I'd lost contact with and I was warmly received. I haven't felt so loved since my niece's wedding in September, 2011. Tomorrow I travel to MN for work.

Star:l-I am so sorry about your dad's prognosis. I have no words of comfort other than to echo what Lav said about finding a doctor and hospital that specialized in treatment of melanoma. AF you can be fully present to support him and I know he is proud of your AF status.

Perse-do tell us what's on your mind. You said had something to share. We're all good listeners. To answer your question, even though this forum is the Monthly Abs, we always start a new thread each week. Not sure why, but it works for me.

Pap-sounds like you've had both a busy/productive and fun weekend. I hope your back is better.

Lav-I hope the bake sale was successful.

Dill-gosh, don't you have just 1 day left of work?!

I am doing an online training session right now and must finish it in the next 50 minutes to get Continuing Ed. courses.

See you in the morning.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Lav, oopppss....thanks so much for the fantastic quote. It is so true....worrying ruins our peace today. Thanks also for starting us off on a new month.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Hello! Still silly busy in my world. One more work day and then I am hoping things settle for me.

Star, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. You and he will be in my prayers.

Pmom, I have been in that place with my pets. It is so hard. I'll be thinking of you.

Rusty, don't you love those online courses? It's so great to get those hours without having to travel. And so convenient in terms of setting the time to suit you. Its awesome.

Lav, thanks for starting us off, and for the quote. I must keep it in mind.

Pers, I saw your post on the end of May's thread. Am waiting to hear more from you.

Went to a family birthday party for a nephew who turned 50. Boy, that made me feel old! The party was at a place called Scene 75 which is an arcade style place with party rooms. The party was nice and the food and cake were good. My nephew seemed to appreciate the attention. After the party fininshe we all were given $10 "fun cards" to explore the arcade with. My grandsond was in heaven!

I was exhausted!:H

Have a great AF day, one and all!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

I'm joining this thread, too! I also want to hear more from Perse as she is being silly and thinking she has to keep things light over in the House of G thread. Need to keep tabs on my Greek buddy.
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Good morning to all...

Lav, thanks for starting Jazzy June, I like it. Sorry to hear it is so hot out east. High here today is in the 50s, which is fine by me. Thanks for your thoughts about my Dad.

Pap, glad you are able to stay home and just take care of whatever you want. I too have an old cat and do not want to have to make a decision to put her down.

Dill, how fun to take your grandson to a fun zone, school is almost over!!!

Some yard work today as it is cool out. Love my Sundays.
                  Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Good morning June friends

Starting off warm & sunny but I hear T storms are on the way later.
                    Guess I'll do what I can outside before the weather turns.

Greetings rusty & Dill!
                    I use the online courses for my CEUs as well. Just renewed my license in April but I seriously doubt I will bother again in two years. I have no desire to return to nursing, it's over :H

Dill, are you excited or what?? I wish you the very best in your retirement
                    My oldest niece & nephew (twins) are 43 now.......they're getting really old :H
                    Rusty, you are a working machine!!!

Siren, nice to see you! How's everything going for you?

Greetings to everyone - I guess cyn is still away?
                    Have a great AF Sunday everyone.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Oops - cross post Star
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Lavande;1514208 wrote: Siren, nice to see you! How's everything going for you?
                        I was doing great until you said your niece and nephew are old at 43. I'm 43!!! :H:H:H
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Hi Jazzy ones -

Just a quick hello for the moment...our journey yesterday was from 6 am to 10 pm (tho 2.5 of the hours were on a ferry boat, so Star we were right with you with the 12 hour drive) so I'm a bit of a wreck physically today. We made the decision to get home and have the day here at the house today, rather than more driving. Not sure it was a wise decision, but here we are. I am icing my neck and working on dodging a migraine...

Being by the water was wonderful (I had my first paddle-boarding experience!), I took good care of my peeps and fur family and did not feel resentful, we worked out some family dynamic issues during the week like adults, so all in all it was a successful time. Vacation? Hmmm, not really my kind - I would get a cabin without electricity and knit and read for a week if it were up to me, but hey, this was a great investment in family.

More soon - (sorry to be away so long, thought about everyone every day - )
                          to the light

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Day 4 week half over
                            I'm in for June af

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 1

Hi Witt-welcome to our little thread. How about an introduction to go along with your accomplishment of 4 days AF?

Hi Cyn-welcome home! Glad you had a nice time even tho it was a lot of work!!

Hi rusty!! so glad you had a nice time at the shower and were able to reconnect with some old friends!! Did you finish your CE training session on time?

Hi Siren-Welcome!! I don't think Lav said 43 was old-I think she said she felt old because her neice and nephew are 43!! I'd love to see an intro from you too!

Dill!!! Tomorrow is the day!! I can't believe its really here-can you? :jumpwow::wave:

Star-glad you can relate to what I'm going through with King Freddy. Today he's nibbling on some food. I have no idea how he is still alive!!

Another hot one today. Did nothing but few loads of laundry and some dishes. No energy and certainly not productive at all. Looks like some major storms are heading my way. Hope we get missed but I won't mind the cold front behind them! I''m sick of the AC already.
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X