X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Tuesday 4 June

MAE all
    Mick has done 11 months AF - terrific:goodtime:

and he is learning how to pack a suitcase!!

I have to dash but wanted to start the 4 June off with Mick's 11 months
    Catch you Abberoosters later

af day Tuesday 4 June

mae all howareyiz?...yep well today is 11 calendar months..yesterday was 11 months on JCs reckoner..cant stop on too long at the mo...got a chiropracter appointment at 8....back is giving me a wee bit of a twinge so get it sorted now before I go on me jollies this weekend..hope you are all doing well..will jump in later on to see how everyone is..in the meantime grab a brew ..its made..and heres some jokes I made earlier see you later team.

What's the cheapest type of meat to buy?
    Deer balls; because they're under a buck.

How do you remember your wedding anniversary?
    Forget it once.

Hot summer day and Mr. Penguin's car breaks down. Takes it to the body shop, and Joe Mechanic tells him to give him half an hour to look it over, and then come back.
    To kill some time, Mr. Penguin goes to the local ice cream parlor. After finishing his tasty, frosty treat, he goes back to the body shop.
    "Well," says the mechanic, "looks like you blew a seal."
    "No no," says the penguin -- "It's just ice cream."

First time I had sex I was so scared...
    I was all alone.

What's the wrong way to feed the cat?
    to the dog.

What do you call a nun in a wheelchair?
    Virgin Mobile.
    The LAPD, The FBI, and the CIA are all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals. The President decides to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and each of them has to catch it.
    The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigations they conclude that rabbits do not exist.
    The FBI goes in. After two weeks with no leads they burn the forest, killing everything in it, including the rabbit, and they make no apologies. The rabbit had it coming.
    The LAPD goes in. They come out two hours later with a badly beaten bear. The bear is yelling: "Okay! Okay! I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!'

Ibuprofenum and Aspirin are running in a race...
    Suddenly prednisolone passes them and wins first place.
    Ibuprofenum looks toward Aspirin and mutters:
    "fucking steroids"

A man is walking down the street, and sees a vending machine that says, "A machine that replaces a woman". He drops a coin into the slot, and sticks his penis into an opening. When he takes it out, he sees that the machine has sewn a button onto it.
    So a man walks into a pretty exclusive store that sells expensive furniture, lamps, and such things. He's dressed pretty casually, especially considering he's actually a millionaire. He sees a very nice crystal chandelier that he fancies. So he asks one of the snotty shop keepers how much it costs. The shop keeper sneers at the man and tells him "Well, I don't think you could afford it. Perhaps you'd like to see some of our less expensive wares?".
    The man is a little irritated and says to the shop keeper "Don't worry about money, I just want to know how much it costs, so can you please tell me?". The shop keeper looks at the man from head to toe, then back up, and says "Really, SIR, I don't think this is an affordable item for you. Like I said, you're more welcome to see our less expensive wares".
    The man then takes a hold of the chandelier and rips it to the ground, it smashes everywhere and makes a huge mess. The man then asks the shop keeper "Now then, can you tell me how much it costs?"

I'm a victim of child abuse
    Some kid in the park called me ugly

A guy starts working on an oil rig in Newfoundland

...he meets the boss of the company, is introduced to his duties and works hard for 3 months. His supervisor is impressed by his work and tells him:
    "You've been working your ass off and deserve break, here are the keys to the company car, go into town and have yourself a good time"
    The man goes into the small town off the coast and visits the only bar he sees. The bartender starts chatting with him and the man eventually asks:
    "How is it for women around here?"
    "Well, the ones here are taken and the ones passing through are pretty worn out, but there's always Billy over there.."
    The man assures the bartender he's not like that and continues drinking before returning to work the next day.
    A few more months pass by and he is once again given time off and the company car. The man visits the same bar and asks the same question, to which he gets the same reply:
    "Well, the ones here are taken and the ones passing through are pretty worn out, but there's always Billy over there.."
    "Oh no, i'm not like that" He replies again.
    The man continues work and visits the town once every few months, asking the same question and getting the same answer every time. He stops going back for a while but after a year he returns and asks the sane question, to which the bartender replies:
    The man thinks for a moment and replies:
    "So, hypothetically speaking, if i were to.. you know.. go for Billy. Who would know?"
    The bartender looks him in the eye and replies:
    "Well, you would know. Billy would obviously know. I would know, and the 4 men holding Billy down cause he ain't that way either."

What do you call a fake noodle? (
    An impasta!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Tuesday 4 June

I hope you have a lovely holiday Mick - where are you going?
      11 months is amazing, is your life transformed now,your garden certainly looks amazing!

Back to work for me today, bit of anxiety,but it will all be ok, I will push through it. Hormones are settling now - thankfully!

Otherwise not much to declare - slept really well last night and dreamt I was going out with Adam Ant.Happy Tuesday everyone - glad to be here with no hangover on day 8.
      one day at a time

Comment

af day Tuesday 4 June

MAE Abbers

Very busy day, which is good but knackered now.

Working hard to get into new routines so early to bed is part of it

Have a good day y'all

Comment

af day Tuesday 4 June

Good morning Abbers & happy Tuesday!

Yes, the rain has stopped, the sun is out & the excessive heat & humidity gone ~ nice

Greetings TT, Mick, bear & kuya!
          You all seem to be in a mad rush, glad I'm not :H

Nothing big happening here today so I will get outside & see what needs attention.
          Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Tuesday 4 June

MAE ALL...

TT...Hi/Bye are you off on your trip now?

Mick...good luck with the back doc. Maybe a little too enthusiastic with the garden? You take it easy and rest up for the up coming holis.

Bear...glad your sleep is improving...Atom Ant :shocked:...haven't thought of him for years! Wonder what a dream analogy would uncover! You're sounding really positive today so pushing through the anxiety shouldn't be too taxing. Congrats on unhung day 8!

KY...good night. New routines are hard to establish especially when trying to reset body clocks. Good luck with your new goals.

Lav...I remember Stella's party hat, good to see it again. Good to hear you're not joing the mad rush crowd today and remember Mr. Mulch is just fine.

Taking a long time for me to get my :happy: going so will have another cuppa and read some more. Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af day Tuesday 4 June

Mae, everyone.

Landed in London and have put a solid day of work in here. It's beautiful weather, and I had a great meal tonight. Now time for much needed sleep. Anyone with sleep problems, I find magnesium does wonders.

Night,
              Cat
              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Tuesday 4 June

Mae, everyone.

Landed in London and have put a solid day of work in here. It's beautiful weather, and I had a great meal tonight. Now time for much needed sleep. Anyone with sleep problems, I find magnesium does wonders.

Night,
                Cat

Oh, something I forgot. I love the English Breakfast tea, real milk in my minibar, and hot water kettle in my room. Brilliant! Having some now.
                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af day Tuesday 4 June

Mr Mulch is still an untouched happy camper PQ :H
                  I did get some plants potted up for my deck, ran the Furminator through Maxie again (that dog never stops shedding) & just enjoyed the nice day.

Catbuddy, glad you are liking London!
                  One of these days I'll get there - it's on my list

I hope everyone has a comfy night.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Tuesday 4 June

Mick...11 months! Congrats! I have seen ads with the after pics.....they really need to do a campaign on the "before" and "after". But Obama would probably ban that, after-all who is paying for ObamaCare anyways Sorry to offend anyone....I am not an Obama fan and I voted for the guy the first time. Loved your pics of him.

Kuya...it is a good to see it as you have outgrown it. I am interested in people who "never grew into it". Penn from Penn & Teller (magic show in Vegas has a great video on it). Not one sip ever!

Lav....I see the generations changing as well. My Dad who drank excessively throughout my childhood....drinks moderately. Younger people seem to be more health oriented....and get their high off of "adventure" vs. drinking their butts off. I am 41 and I see people giving up booze on a regular basis.

Bear...you will feel uncomfortable at times. But it was pointed out to me....that I had already survived that many a times even while drinking. I wanted a drink, but because it was inappropriate.....I found the strength to not drink. Its just putting those into place when you think you think you can have a few or a free for all. Then a plan of what you are going to do during your drinking hours. I think you are doing great, because I am suspecting you like your non-drinking nights better. That is what nailed it for me. Not mention waking up feeling awesome!

Det...my dream job is to wear yoga pants 24/7 I have decided to stay in school. I too work one of those jobs.....where you have to entertain and booze is all around. I honestly think my only saving grace has been to KNOW....there is no way I can drink wine or hard liquor. There are not many "bonding events over a light beer" But, women and their wine

Wine had me for a bit last year....and it was so scary that I simply am not tempted now. Hard liquor was never a friend of mine. But, a cold beer on Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday.....was mine.....I left out Sunday......because in order to prove to myself I did not have a problem was to not drink on Sunday....never-mind that I was almost comatose with the hangover from drinking all week:upset:

Comment

af day Tuesday 4 June

Congrats on you 11 months, Mick!

Hi Cat - Hope you enjoy your time in London! (Is everyone travelling, atm?!)

PPQ - how's the composting and green fingers?

Hey, Lav - I'm guessing there's a mulch pile needing attention outside? Or can't you see it any more?:H

Kuya - good to hear you're a busy bee; no time for cigs?! Still not booked trip yet and only a few weeks to go. I think I'm holding off as I don't really want to waste our only holiday on family stresses

TT - are you there yet? Hope you took your brolly (or boat!) Saw the floods last night on TV.

Hi Bear - doing well on the af days!

Lovely and sunny morning, but I must do some shopping at the mall. Can never understand the "3 hour time limit" parking signs. Who would want to spend all that time in a mall?!

happy abs day everyone.

Comment

af day Tuesday 4 June

ahoy! late night check-in for garlic breath here.

Yay Mick! double haggis and chips for you!

Treetops I completely agree with your post yesterday about male bonding with AL, and with Sun on the female wine bonding thing. they are just shallow formalities and I'm learning to separate myself from the 'missing out' feeling again. in 2009-2012 I was really solid but lost my footing for a while. I finally feel like I'm back on good foundation again.

the absurd thing about the event I was at was how insipid and meaningless the conversations were. here was a room full of rich dudes talking about their sports cars, rolex watches, expensive cigars and other crap that has nothing to do with life or family or learning or anything really interesting or important. the one guy that owns a yacht isn't even a real sailor...it's just a floating booze pad. what a waste of life. oh well. I'm not trying to put them down...just realizing what a thief AL is in so many ways.

well, packing up for a couple more days on the road... at least I'll be home for the weekend afterall. yay!

be well peeps
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X