thu 6 june af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thu 6 june af daily

morning everyone, finished work at 8 too late for rollerderby training.
    I actually WANT to hit the gym tonight - been feeling sluggish and bloated from being stuck on the sofa and eating junk. I feel jittery from too much sugar.I'm trying to come at this from a health and feeling better angle rather than 'must do' angle.

Every night I watch TV and sit on facebook for hours - it doesn't feel like a treat as I beat myself up - facebook is a funny old world. Think I may time limit it - reading/pottering in the garden would be nice.

Today I have a meeting in my home town so I'll be dropping the car at home then cycling to the meeting.Then off to buy yummy Marks & Spencer fruit and veg- that's my treat - rest of the shop comes from Aldi and is very nice. My hypno CDs turned up yesterday so will get them on the i pod tonight.OH sorted out huge pile of papers which is really god news.

Anyway have a good day everyone and enjoy the sun.
    one day at a time

thu 6 june af daily

MAE everyone..and how is one and all today?I will probably do a short post in the morning...and then tomorrow Im offski for a week...will jump in every now and again but it will be on the phone ...so you know how that is!!weather over here is lovely again today...even managed to burn my head in the garden the other day.Well thats me finished in the garden now...there isnt a lot more to do ..ha till another idea springs to mind!!!Just finished widening the path and the back border, so now got to let the plants mature and then place them in properly.Also fitted soaker hoses into the beds ...they are hoses with tiny holes in them,so now all I have to do is connect the main hose to them and off they go watering themselves.Done my veg succession planting too ...now eating our own lettuce ,radish and courgettes...tomatoes and strawbs will be next.At the risk of boring people ,Ill put the pics up at the end...some of you have seen this garden more than me now !!:H

Tea and coffee on the go now

Morning bear how are you today?well got ot be honest ..you are certainly approaching this from the right angle..want as opposed to need to ..you still getting the cravings? if so what did you do? ..just a thought ..why dont you write how you dealt with them down and as time goes on you can see what you did ,for how long and get a rough idea on what works for you..well done on the fitness too.If you combine the two as you are brill ...that then means that you are not focusing on too many individual targets with the old brain strain

Hiya TT hows you then?should be in old Londinium by now...ordered this weather specially for you !!

Morning ppqp...hows you today?glad the garden is still there..as for doing work to show the boss..easy peasy that is..get some kids with coloured pencils to draw and colour in some pie charts and graphs....then put a few old dates on some, and then an up to date one with current date showing an upward mountain range in green..bosses love that guff..its a trick used by politicians, market researchers and the like the world over!!
    Apart from that ..have a brew

Evening Ky..hows you?your remark nearly started me on another track ..but to keep the thread at least street level and out o the gutter..schtumm! so hows you this evening?hope all is well.Not sure if you would know him,lad I know,was a PO at Preston,but worked at the farms too some time ago..found out his mrs has been knocking around for the past few years,told Julie yesterday, and then said that he wasnt feeling too great..Julie got an ambulance ..he is now in Intensive care ..had quite a heavy duty heart attack..Will pm you his name if you want you may or may not know him.hows the no smoking going?you winning girl?
    have a great evening

Morning Cinders...

An Indian man has appeared in court accused of punching his girlfriend in the face.
    Chinda Gudanproppa denies the charge. (Chinned her good and proper)

how are you today?Yep Im at the backman today again so need to take it easy
    what a great idea..AA giving away chips..mmm yes please Ill have a bag.Like you I used to drink vodka..not that I liked it ,but get it down my neck as fast as I could and then start "normal" drinking..or another stunt I used to do was get a few can s of beer and ..some extra strength beer and put it into the "normal" cans...duh why??

Morning Lady Longwood...and how was your visit yesterday?do you not get the urge when you leave to go home and redo the garden?I would.Any plans for today? here you are cuppa and sit and mull todays plans over..you have a good one

Morning Det......how is you today? also hows DX and the bite..I had great fun playing with your posts in my head..here goes :H

jeepers, my poor Dx just limped in with a dog bite from her bike ride. owie! so I've disinfected it and time for ice. it's already bruising.
    glad it's cooled down so I'll sleep well after my goat curry

what was the dog doing on the bike to start with ...is it a tandem?
    why did you disinfect the bike?
    If you ate the goat curry...then what did the goat get instead

you have a great day...keep it up well done

Good morning Mary jo..welcome to you....thats the first thing..be honest.. not maybe especially with yourself...jump in as much as you can and want ..dont be in the background...you are tomorrows success story as for the rest..lets work on that 30 day er..have you a plan?
    was going to say best o luck...but you dont need that all you need is courage and guts..we will provide the support!YOU CAN DO IT!!

right my friends time to go..take care n have a good one

Front border ...complete ..just waiting for plants to grow!!

Back border now extended ,path widened and stoned up

Veg plots..note soaker hoses..here you go ..the contents !from lower left corner upward ..bed 1 under cloche onions beetroot leeks..then spring onions,red and green lettuce.young cabbage, full grown cabbage, next young spinach,brussel sprouts onions then brussel sprouts,broad beans and garlic.

bed 2..starting from bottom leeks and spring onions next red and green lettuce(small) then radish,then young radish then spring onions ,then different type radish, then carrots then red onions white onions shallots and lettuce mixed into it

In greenhouse...tomatoes beef,cherry and normal, peppers chilli, Thai and sweet, cucumbers....at back of greenhouse potatoes baby and big uns,
    In cold frame ish thing...strawberries courgettes.
    Herb bed ..rocket mint parsley sage thyme rosemary

Conservatory...peppers tomatoes courgettes cucumber...now are you suitably bored ??:H
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

thu 6 june af daily

notice the tunnel and platform for the rabbits to play on!!!

ok folks ..jokes

"G'day mate, Aussie Helpline...What's the problem cobber?"
      "I'm in Darwin with my sheila and she's been stung on the minge by a wasp, and now her pussy has completely closed up."
      "Bummer mate!"
      "Thanks mate, I hadn't thought of that, Bye."

Last week, a group of Illinois bikers were riding west on I-74 when they saw a girl about to jump off the Murray Baker Bridge. So they stopped.
      George, their leader, a big burly man of 53, gets off his Harley, walks through a group of gawkers, past the State Trooper, and says, "What are you doing?"
      The would-be jumper responded, "I'm going to commit suicide."
      While George didn't want to appear "sensitive," he didn't want to miss a legend-in-the-making opportunity either so he asked ... "Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a kiss?"
      So, with no hesitation at all, she leaned back over the railing and did just that ... and it was a long, deep, lingering kiss followed immediately by another one.
      After they finished, George gets approval from his biker-buddies, the onlookers, and even the State Trooper, and says, "Wow! That was the best kiss I have ever had! That's a real talent you're wasting Sugar Shorts. You could be famous if you rode with me. Why are you committing suicide?"
      "My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl."
      It's still unclear whether she jumped or was pushed.

What has four legs, is green and fuzzy, and if it falls out of a tree can kill you?

A pool table.

What do you call a cheap circumcision?
      A rip off.

A lost dog strays into a jungle. A lion sees this from a distance and says with caution "this guy looks edible, never seen his kind before".
      So the lion starts rushing towards the dog with menace. The dog notices and starts to panic but as he's about to run he sees some bones next to him and gets an idea and says loudly "mmm...that was some good lion meat!".
      The lion abruptly stops and says " woah! This guy seems tougher then he looks, I better leave while I can". Over by the tree top, a monkey witnessed everything. Evidently, the monkey realizes the he can benefit from this situation by telling the lion and getting something in return.
      So the monkey proceeds to tell the lion what really happened and the lion says angrily "get on my back, we'll get him together". So they start rushing back to the dog.
      The dog sees them and realized what happened and starts to panic even more. He then gets another idea and shouts "where the hell is that monkey! I told him to bring me another lion an hour ago..."

A Jewish businessman in America decided to send his son to Israel...

...to absorb some of the culture of the homeland. When the son returned, the father asked him to tell him about his trip.
      The son said, "Pop, I had a great time in Israel. By the way, I converted to Christianity." "Oy vey," said the father. "What have I done?"
      He decided to go ask his friend Jacob what to do. Jacob said, "Funny you should ask. I too sent my son to Israel, and he also came back a Christian. Perhaps we should go see the rabbi and ask him what we should do."
      So they went to see the Rabbi. The Rabbi said, "Funny you should ask.I too sent my son to Israel. He also came back a Christian. What is happening to our young people? Perhaps we should go talk to God and ask him what to do."
      The three of them prayed and explained what had happened to their sons and asked God what to do. Suddenly a voice came loud and clear from Heaven. The Voice said, "funny you should ask, I too sent my son to Israel..."

When I found out my toaster wasn't waterproof...

I was shocked!

Four farmers were seated at the bar in a tavern. At the table next to them sat a young girl. The first man said, "I think it's WOOMB."
      The second replied, "No, it must be WOOOOMBH."
      The third said, "You both have it wrong -- it's WOOM."
      The fourth stated, "No, it has to be WOOMMMMBBB."
      At this, the young lady could stand it no longer. She got up, walked over to the farmers and said, "Look. It's WOMB. That's it, that's all there is to it." Then she left.
      Eventually, one of the farmers broke the silence by saying, "Well. I don't know. A young girl like that. I don't see how she could know. I'll bet she's never even heard an elephant pass wind!"

An epic story of love

Man riding bicycle with gf Man gives gf helmet Man says I love you Man does 720 inverted wheelie Man dies Man in news Woman cries..end

An older woman wants to join a biker gang.

So she strolls into a biker bar. A grizzly man comes up to her and asks what she is doing there. She says, "I want to join your gang."
      "hahahaha" says the biker. "You even got a bike?"
      "That's my Harley out there" she replies.
      "OK fine, but do you smoke?"
      "Three packs a day and a couple cigars if I shoot pool."
      "OK alright" says the biker. "You ever been picked up by the fuzz?"
      The woman replies "No, but I've been swung around by the jugs a few times. Good enough?"

Miss Johnson was leading her 1st grade class in a alphabet game. She asked the class. Can anyone thing of a word that starts with A. Little Tommy hand shot up. Miss Johnson looked at Tommy, she knew Tommy had a foul mouth, she thought, he is going to say ass. So she called on Sally, Sally said apple. Good said Miss Johnson. Does anyone have a word that starts with B. again Tommy's hand shot up. Miss Johnson thought, I know he will say Bitch, so she called on Bruce. Boy, said Bruce. Good job Bruce. The next letter was C, Tommy's hand shot up, but Miss Johnson called on John. Car said John. This went on throught whole alphabet until they got to the R and Tommy did not raise his hand. miss Johnson thought for a minute and could not think of a foul word that started with R. Tommy, she asked, do you know a word that starts with R. Tommy thought for a minute and then mumbled, Rats. Rats?, asked Miss Johnson. Yes said Tommy, Big fuckin rats with dicks this long.

What do you call a person who is missing his left eye, left ear, left arm and left leg?

Alright
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

thu 6 june af daily

MAE ALL...

Bear...thanks for the kickoff. You've sure got the right attitude going on these days. Your good news on sorting out the paper pile has inspired me to deal with mine. Thanks for that. Hope the hypno CD's do the trick for you.

Mick...thanks for the coffee. Don't need longwood to get me rethinking the garden, all I have to do is look at your pics, which are great BTW. Didn't manage to get much work done yesterday but did manage to play cards in the afternoon. I figure I came out on top. Moved one of the four compost bins into the garden yesterday. I can feel the headaches coming on as the residents start abusing the bins. As KY would say...hey ho.

Up early this morning, starting on second cuppa for joke reading. Will check back later after a few more peeps have a chance to post. Have a great AF Thursday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

thu 6 june af daily

Good morning Abbers!

Bear, your plan sounds good. Stay focused & you'll be OK

Mick, you have me wanting to eat a giant salad at 7:15 in the morning :H:H
          Your garden looks absolutely fabulous! Be sure to keep that shiney head covered up now, OK?

Greetings PQ & everyone, hope you all have a great AF Thursday!
          Nothing special on my day plan today, we shall see what turns up.
          Rain on the way tonight & tomorrow thanks to this season's first tropical storm - yay.

Have a great AF Thursday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thu 6 june af daily

Lav...youre too late..shiny head now looks like a beacon

Comment

thu 6 june af daily

Loved the garden photos. I have a postage stamp sized front yard and am trying to find creative ways to come up with veg space. I have a couple of good tomato plants, herbs and some jalapeno and Anaheim pepper plants. My zucchini (courgette) plant has taken over the yard. He's the Playboy Gangsta of the veggie world. You'd best get out of his way when you see him coming.

Got eggplant (aubergine) on the way and green beans. I also get the roadkill from my neighbors lemon tree. They fall onto my driveway so I always have fresh lemons in the house.

We got the first peaches and nectarines here in So Cal. in the last week or two. Also cherries are about ready.

I am using the Nutribullet for smoothies so I've been longing for the stone fruit to come into season.

What else? My dog is sick. My ex (still very friendly) called drunk from a bar yesterday afternoon. He is going through some tough changes so that's unsettling for me too.

Tonight I have meditation and a Dharma talk at my Zen Center. An oasis of sanity.

Sending good energy to all today.

Comment

thu 6 june af daily

Hello Abbers,

TT, Hope your travels are going well.

Mick, Garden looks lovely. What's the deal with the bunny run?

Bear, You sound good. I think relaxing a bit with yourself is going to help you so much.

Kuya, I have sensed something going on. Not sure. I hope all is well with you. You probably won't read this as you will probably be in bed. Nonethless, just one of those "feelings."

Lav, We have 80% rain probability today then backing off. Looks like Andrea will go south of us.

PPQP, How did you get the nickname PPQP? Just curious.

Cat, SF, Blondie, where are you guys?

Det, You sound good, friend. Keep it up.

MaryJo, Glad you joined us.

Wits End, Check in, please.

Not much to report here. Had some tubby trouble yesterday but seem to be recovering okay. Had a meeting with my AA sponsor today. It went okay, although in some ways she rubs me the wrong way. I think it is supposed to be that way, though. :-)

Have to go talk to son and grandson. Hope all have a good AF day/night.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

thu 6 june af daily

Hi Cinders...

It started off as just PQ for Porqoui, apparently it's french for WHY, typed it in when I couldn't get a username that wasn't taken. Then Mick added a P for Positive and I can't remember (apologies) who added the last P for PAS meaning not. So I became a Positive Why Not. :H

Hi Maryjo...

Welcome aboard. Apologies for not saying so earlier. You can always go vertically for your veg garden.

Lav...yup Mick got to me too. Stopped and got some fresh veggies for the BBQ tonight. Hope you're having a relaxing day, well after curves of course.

Early into work, early out to the sunshine. Be safe everyone.

Comment

thu 6 june af daily

Tired! I had a dinner meeting with a client....I always let the client order first...and it was nice that she ordered a club soda....I got water.....and then we ordered these amazing veggie plates of food. We were there talking for over 3 hours and nothing about business. What a great time!

Earlier in the day....I made some friends at a yoga class....as we are all going to the same event...and made plans for dinner afterwards.

I find myself being more open to making new friends. I used to be pretty closed down on letting people in. As when I did....I was always let down. But, I most likely was making connections with people who were as sick as I was at the time. Now that I am getting healthy physically, emotionally and spiritually MYSELF...and am drawing those types of people towards me.

I have to stop allowing bad connections with people I made in the past affect me. I love opening the doors to meet all these wonderful, interesting people F2F.

I also...see I am not as guarded here as well.

Comment

thu 6 june af daily

TheSunFlower;1516598 wrote: I also...see I am not as guarded here as well.
                      And this is the perfect place to be "unguarded" :l Great post SF!

Comment

thu 6 june af daily

mae abbers

Cinders;1516445 wrote: Had some tubby trouble yesterday but seem to be recovering okay.
                        I have "tubby" trouble all the time; tubby bum, tubby belly... unfortunately mine clings on for dear life :H
                        (Sorry, Cindi - hope you're feeling better!) Well done on your (upcoming) 90 day chip. I admire those who take antabuse as it seemed a difficult one to take when still battling mental cravings.

PPQ - hope you don't find anything untoward in your compost bins :eeew:

Sf - great on your new connections; letting your guard down is a hard habit to break!

:welcome: Maryjo - your garden sounds wonderful - fresh cherries - yum! Wish I had your luck with the courgette - mine just keeps flowering each year and nothing else

Hi Lav - enjoy your quiet (ish) time.
                        Mick - lovely photos. Assuming the sun burnt your head and you didn't stick it in a bonfire? Hope you have a great trip. Your next Asian one sounds fantastic.

Bear - how do you get that "want to go to the gym" attitude? I need some of it. Been so lethargic - I'll put it down to the cooler mornings...

Hi Det, Yah, TT and all the other sober travellers.

Been spending hours uploading photos on this 3rd world connection; I swear it'd be quicker to develop a film and put them in an album!

Am losing my gardening battle with aphids - all my brassicas are infected despite assailing them with a range of natural insecticides. Still, I have an abundance of citrus and chillis to keep me going!

Comment

thu 6 june af daily

Ahoy ABeroooos! from yet another hotel.

Mick, hahahaa! yes I speak/type in a rather fragmented fashion and don't quite realize it til i read back. got a goat-bite on my curry bike I think....

Sun you are indeed sounding grand. you have grown and it shows.

well, wandered over to a nice restaurant this eve...bellied up to the bar and did something very norty.....

ate a huge piece of coconut cream pie! egad. bloated and oinky now. must exercise in the morn...lets you and I both do that eh Bear? we'll feel tons mo betta.

I just can't believe I used to drive so many miles hungover over the years. how horrid. well, here's to a mighty fine unhung tomorrow!

be well everyone
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X