• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Sunday June 9

Good morning Abbers!

Where is everyone today?
    Started my day out at 5:45.....my little dog is such an early riser
    Oh well, I have made tons of coffee for everyone!

Mick, your beach pic looks very nice
    I agree with you about the smell of AL - not pleasant these days. Stay well!

I need to go do some grocery shopping then hopefully spend some time outside
    I hope everyone has a great AF Sunday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily ~ Sunday June 9

Hey all - up early and off to sort out garden,do washing, missed rollerderby practice.
    I'm injured and wanted to spend time pottering about - losing enthusiasm for it - need and want to do some physical activity though.

Too anxious atm, also I can't sync i - pod to pick up hypno CDs! Irony of getting stressed about relaxation CDs not lost on me!! Contacted counsellor for CBT sessions and waiting to hear back - time to sort this out. I have no logical reason to feel anxious(apart from cat poss being ill).

I take B vits and omega oils, 5htp at night, tyrosine and l glut and multi vit - just taken some valerian. I am going to reduce caffeine and sugar as these can't be helping me. Had loads of both this weekend.

Anyway - see you later - off to sort out front garden and pull up the weeds/sweep the path.
    one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday June 9

Hi Fabbies,

It's been a weird, funky week for me, although a sober one.

Friday the 7th was the 20th anniversary of my father's death and what became the downward spiral of my marriage and sinking into alcoholism. 20 years is a big one....... I'd been quite reflective and rather depressed for several days before without even realizing why until Thursday. Unfortunately, I'm not good at posting at times like that--everything I want to write sounds dumb or trite. I'm doing a bit better now that the anniversary has passed.

bear, good for you for just hanging in there. I think you are getting the hang of it. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Thanks for the coffee, Lav. It's definitely needed here this morning! Are you going to have a meeting with Mr. Mulch Pile today? I hope you enjoy your time outside.

I changed my avatar after the terrible tornadoes in Oklahoma that killed 3 highly regarded professional storm chasers. My avatar was sort of tongue-in-cheek, but there was nothing funny about those storms. My college roomie lives in OKC, and another roomie spent the night in the tunnel at OKC airport last Friday night, as she went there to help out with the Moore, OK, tornado from the week before.

Anyway, time to move on, so have a great day all, and enjoy your AF Sunday!

Hugs to all and all to come....

:l
      YahYah
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday June 9

Hello, Afers,

Y@H, I, too, had an anniversary yesterday. My 38th to my hubby and my folk's 68th. Sadly, my father passed last Aug. I was so torn yesterday. I have been very, very reluctant to go visit my mother lately. It is painful on so many levels.

I need to keep meditating and praying what the next right thing to do regarding visiting my mother and yet keeping myself on an even keel.

I am grateful I was so busy yesterday working on the house and property that I did not have time to dwell. Barely able to get out of bed this morning. :-)

Off to do more cleanup. Hubby and I agreed that we have really let things go around the house in the last few years, a lot of it driven by my "absence" while drinking and the ensuing health issues, etc.

Personally, I think we are only going to be here a little while longer. Both of us are getting too old to maintain this much property. I want a yard the size of Mick's. Not a forest, although I so enjoy the birds and animals.

I hope all have a wonderful AF Sunday. I'll check in later.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday June 9

happy Sunday ABerooos!

thanks for the coffee Lav

Bear, you really need to have your blood levels of B vitamins checked. pill-form supplements of most B vits are not well integrated into the body.

extra hugs to YAH and Cinders xxxxxxx

off to see movie with Dx at least we'll be in air conditioned environment. 102F here. ugh!

be well everyone!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday June 9

Hi everyone,

In bed unwell today :upset:

Bear do as Det says with vit B and try inositol or GABA, they really helped me with anxiety in the early days.

Enjoy the film Det

Hi to you YAH.....long time no see

Waves to Cinders and Lav and all to come

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday June 9

I hope you stay cool, Det! You have central AC at home, right?

Cinders, I understand your mixed feelings. I do know how incredibly loyal you are and how much you love your parents. I hope you can be gentle with yourself and realize that you are still a good daughter, even if you don't visit your mom as much as you think you should. I don't know whether it helps her, and it sure is hard on you. Good on you for all your hard work yesterday. I hope you are getting a good rest today.

Also, FYI, I don't have many really wild animals at my place, but even with just a townhouse, I get lots of birds, and I see racoons, possum, rabbits, and even an occasional deer in my backyard. Oh yes, and one black bear two years ago. Fortunately, just one! Even with just a half acre, you could have a little slice of paradise.

Okay, sure is quiet around here today. Thinking of all of our traveling friends and hoping everyone is having a good time.

I'm going to have a pleasant evening and just read and have a nice dinner.

YahYah

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday June 9

Oh, hiya, Kuya! I hope you feel better soon!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday June 9

bear, I hope you found some anxiety relief today. A little exercise & lots of deep breaths help me as well as some guided meditations with nice music

YahYah, my spouse (the infamous YB) showed up today looking for lunch & dinner. I said sure & there's the mulch pile :H
                  He did some & I told him to stop when I noticed his crippled movement - bad back, etc.
                  I hear wildlife around here all night long which makes me kinda hate sleeping with the windows open. Have you ever heard the sound of a deer giving birth a few hundred feet from your window? Creepy, to say the least! Hope you had a good day!

Expecting more rain here tomorrow Det. Want some??
                  Stay cool!

Cindi, I had a great relationship with my Mom. Unfortunately she passed away at the age of 65. It's been a very long & lonely 27 years without her. All we can do with our family is love them the best we can while they are still here - it's not always easy, I know.

Kuya, hope you feel better very soon!

Have a good night everyone
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday June 9

LMAO about the deer giving birth, Lav. No, I don't think I'd like that much, either. I might do more sleeping with the windows open when I get an attic fan installed. In a townhouse, it is usually too hot or too cold, so I'm usually running the heat or AC.

I'm glad YB did a little work on the mulch pile until you decided not to let him injure himself.

I've got too many greens from my garden--bok choy, kale, lettuce, chard. Any thoughts on how to cook/preserve it so I don't have to eat salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday June 9

mae abbers

Yah - great to see you back and sorry you were a bit low. One word for your greens - smoothies!! You'll never have enough greens once you start blending them. You had a bear in your back yard?!! Was it a zoo or circus escapee? I always thought you were in an urban area!

Lav - glad the mulch is moving. Can't imagine the sound of a birthing deer

Hi Bear - yip the sugar and caffeine won't help your anxiety.

Kuya - hope you're feeling better today.

Cindi your acreage sounds wonderful but I know the feeling about needing to downsize (or to get help). Pains me to think I'm at that stage and we don't even have a big block of land!

Had major stressors with the renovations and thought for a nano-second about drink (not craving it, just wondered idly if there was any other way I could reach that complete state of couldn't-care-less-ness!) As always, it passed (that sounds as though it was easy, but I did spend a few sleepless hours worried and upset). So all sunshine and daisies here today. Getting a truck load of wood delivered for the fire so I can clog up the pristine Perth air with smog:H

Hi to Det, PPQ, our man in Havana (or ? - I can't recall where you said you were going Mick!) Anyway, hope everyone had a great day. About to start making Monday night's dinner - soup and lamb shanks (never tried them before)

Toodle pip!

Comment

Working...
                      X