Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Thursday June 13

Good morning Abbers!

Awaiting the arrival of big storms - yay.
    Nothing exciting on my day plan today. Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
    I'll be back later, assuming the power is on

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

MAE Abbers...... Mood a little better tonight, virus lifting

Had a really shite week all in all, very frustrated what with being ill and work problems BUT never a thought of alcohol ........ It is just off my radar.

Will be back to full service in a few days no doubt

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...thanks for the kickstart. Went to get a coffee before starting the thread and when I got back you were here. Enjoy your nothing day

KY...figured something was going on, it's not like you to be so quiet. :angel:"PPP":angel: I have been going through similar feelings, just seem to be angry all the time, but I don't dare not post as anger is a big trigger for me. Stay safe and I hope you're over this funk soon. :l

Into work early today, organizing the Community Garden Grand Opening for Saturday. Why is it so hard for politicians to commit? (Did I just say that!) Hope everyone is feeling a little better today and hope you all have a great AF Thursday....PPQP

Comment

Xpost: KY...glad to hear the mood is improving. Hope you have a peace filled evening. :h

Comment

Yeah PPQ, sometimes I think these wild mood swings are just part of the recovery process but when they hit you just wanna scream.

Comment

MAE Abbers,

Mood pretty bad here, too. Not to do with drinking, just re-evaluating relationships and situations. Facing some issues I have avoided for years and years with a glass of wine or so. I know where that got me so drinking is not an option and not appealing tbh.

Putting on bgps and taking a hard look at my life.

On a much, much lighter note, I let my grandson drive me around the block. My son, who is going through horrible horrible alcohol withdrawals right now, went with us. My road is not easy, no shoulders and deep ditches on each side. I had to grab the wheel several times in order to keep from going into the ditch. Whiplash is a real possibility from each stop he attempted. It was right out of a movie making fun of kids who are learning to drive. It was fun watching my son panic. :H

Son did not have such an issue learning to drive because his best friend had a 700 acre ranch in Oklahoma. By the time my son was 15, he had driven old trucks and tractors around that property many times.

I think grandson needs to go to a parking lot and practice a bit.

He was devastated with how badly he did. He thought he was going to be able to jump into the car and drive.

Anyhow, appraiser comes tomorrow. What happens happens. Fingers crossed we get a good appraisal so refi goes smoothly. If not, it will be all my fault because the house is not done.

As I said at the beginning, last night something was driven home very clearly and I realized that these things have nothing to do with me. I have to decide if I can learn to deal with them and if not, what to do to ensure I never have to.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Quick check in. Feeling much better and no desire to drink. Sorry some folk are having a tough time. Thinking of you all and sending hugs

Comment

Sorry to everyone having a hard time - just a quick check in.
                Slept badly last night, up at six and done a ten hour day - shattered.com - but no booze either.
                Anxiety is still in effect - today I had too much coffee to keep myself awake.Back to just one cup tomorrow and decaff/water for the rest of the day. Not eaten very much today - and didn't buy the nasty mcdonalds that I was craving but I had gnocchi v tomato and basil sauce, beans,cheese and pesto.
                one day at a time

Comment

Cinders...thought you said you were putting on "Bag Pipes" :H I know it's tough to get into those BigGirlPants sometimes, I used AL to not deal with my life too. We're hear if you need to vent or bounce some thoughts off us. Good to hear that AL is unappealing. So the grandson test drive couldn't even wait till the weekend. I could just picture you guys by your description. Good luck with the appraisal tomorrow, and excuse the french but, BULLSHIT, everything is your fault. Remember the serenity prayer. :h

TT...glad you're feeling better. How's the conference going? Thinking of you too, hugs back.

Bear...you'll get that anxiety sorted. Remember, time takes time. Good job on skipping the nasty McD's. I found learning to eat after AL was a real challange but so, so worth it. Hope you have a better sleep tonight.

Heading out to pick up supplies for Saturday but had to check on my MWO family first. Be safe all...PPQP

Comment

Hi all,well l had a good day today and yesterday but a few days before l was grumpy,felt out of sorts,now today l feel good,l have 2 weeks holidays starting on monday,lt will be my first holiday without the wine,l hope it goes great,l am goin back home for a visit and alot of them like to drink,at least l got my triplet sister who quit with me,we are staying at her place.so far in 74 days l didn't crave wine ,just wanted a better mood sometimes,oh well par for the couse on this alcohol free journey.l just have to remind myself how crappy l felt morning after the party,which was often,anyhow have a fab day!!

Comment

Thank you, PPQP, I appreciate your words.

Kuya, Bear, Lav, TT, Y@H, Det, SF, Wits, Maryjo, Morrison apologies for the "me me" posting. I hope you are completely well today, Kuya. My girl told me it took her almost a year to even start to hit an even keel.

Thank you all for being here.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

You know what Cindi? It took me a good year to really begin to feel like a 'stable' person too. I spent about 10 years abusing myself with wine (that's a lotta wine) so overnight healing wasn't going to happen & I knew that. Just keep doing what you are doing & you'll get there too

Hi there kuya, TT, bear, PQ BCP & everyone!

Hunkering down for the next round of these crappy storms
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wiped out! Sorry to hear about the mood swings....I know I have been grumpier than normal...I hate humidity!

Just home from the most awesome yoga class. This was a special event, bringing in a "star" from the yoga world. Physically a hard class....made sweet with so much yoga wisdom.

My biggest take away was.....We will all have tigers facing us repeatedly throughout our lives. Everyone's tiger comes in a different form. It is how you face and deal with the tiger...that you have control over....not the tiger itself BTW....the tiger lives in your brain....and it will tear you to shreds if you let it.

Comment

Morning all just getting packed up for the offski...won't be home till 10 tonite...hope alltgose that were feeling crap are doing better....thats another booze free hol gone vig hi to you all....think yous need some jokes! Soon b back team
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick - welcome home in a bit
                              Star - I love the phrase about tigers that's a keeper for me
                              one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X