af monday june 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af monday june 17

morning troops ..and how are we this fine day?Monday ...all ready for action? right then here we go ding ding ...round 1!!

Tea and coffee available

morning Molls...lovely to see you ..was going to say and the same to you (happy fathers day ..but dont think thats quite right!!!:H..anyway you crack on ...Irelandz edjucashin depends on you!!!

hiya Cinders ..how are you today?used to shake curry powder and seasoning over them when I was in Germany..they then became currywurst, nom nom,mit pommes and rot kol (red cabbage).As for a change of career ..go for it, do whatever makes you enjoy life to the max..something that pays the bills and you actually feel like going to work..Glad you are over the needing a drink scenario..its a great feeling to actually not want al..on holiday twice it happened tp me, once I was given a vodka and coke, the second time the waiter brought me a beer.Now instead of trying to bite his arm off trying to get to the ale..it was like being most affronted.."no I didnt ask for beer thanks,can I have sparkling water!!" boy how times change!!hurt my back a wee bit yesterday ....doing too much in the garden,so you take it easy,...I "found"a load of sand and also sandstone cobbles, which had been thrown when they were repairing the dam up in the hills...what a waste ..sure I will use them somewhere!!so got to take it easy today..you do the same dont be smart like me and try and do it all yesterday!!

morning Lav ..and how are you today?well did the kids come over?No doubt you were cooking!guess what..was talking to a farmer that I have got friendly with ..we a lot of swopping plants that we grow etc....his wife has manged to get orchids growing outside in this temperate climate..so she has promised me some at season end.apologies ..Iam rambling and nae brew!! here you go ../will put some more pics up ..tell me when you are bored!loking at a short break hol next...Julie has always wanted to see Rome..me I have always wanted to go to Pompeii, so going to see if I can combine it somehow as a wee surprise.As you guess I love travelling..going swimming today ..need to take it a bit easy.Weighed myself this morning 11 st 6..so the food issue wasnt as bad as I thought on hols Pistaccio ice cream with raspberry sauce on it mmmmmm!! have a great day

ppqp...and hows you today? how was your relaxing day yesterday?mine failed miserably as you can read!!!Think I need "how to sit down and do sod all " lessons!! one brew madam here you go..any plans for the day?

hiya bear....your quote lovely time with friends,I drank wine....doesnt sit too well that phrase..perhaps you need to sit down and work out what you want..wish you well whatever you do ..you know where we are

Hiya June..welcome to you..and congrats on your day 15 now!!All you need is courage strong will and determination..we can provide the support.So you are from Cornwall...a janner eh? Englands most beautiful county...although in Cornwall (Kernow) they wouldnt accept that ..its a country on its own to them.

Hola TT .and how are you today?hope you have had a good holiday?/time and wish you safe journey home.I agree with you..in the mediterranean countries, drink is just a way of life...food is much more important to them ,although as you say there are exceptions..wonder how we got it all so wrong??

Hiya Det ..go on spoil yerself...be an oink!!! get the ice cream (says he!!) hope all is well with you

Noticed lot of ref to Kuya through this thread.I havent even read the thread yet that started it all..what i will say tho is she is good friend of mine ,who I will agree has her moments, but is a very astute and clever lady,and without a doubt has provided a lot of help and support on and off here to people including me.What I will say is this thread is about getting and staying sober,and helping others,yes there are discussions ,debates and arguments,but lets be clear..this site is about alkies reforming themselves with mutual aid.I know how she feels....I nearly threw the towel in over another issue, but then Byrdie made me realise..actually you leave ..who are you really hurting??So if you are there Ky,think about it..yes we all feel like shite and want to sack it now and again, but rise above it do what you are good at..helping others through their issues and bollox to to the rest of it mate.

right peeps offski I go ..to sit and rest ..yeh right!!!have a great day

put some more pics up ..there are 2 of them showing empty roads and buildings...what happened there was the Spanish government would not let the properties be completed because they wer within 2 kms of the seashore, so there is a complete road and drainage system that goes nowhere as well as houses awaiting nature claiming it back!!

Empty apartments at Son Parc

road to nowhere

headland at white sands bay

look at the clear sea!!

Two psychics bump into each other on the street..

The first one says, "You're fine, how am I?"

in Ireland of all places. Anyhow, its getting towards the end of the night and the bartender rings the bell calling, "Last drinks! Last drinks! And anyone who can come up with the best cheers gets their last drink for free!"
    After hearing this everyone in the pub runs up to the bar and starts shouting at the bartender their best cheers. The bartenders hears a few of them over the noise and dismisses them with a wave of the hand, "No, none of those will do!"
    When its gets quiet one man raises his beer, "I have one! I say cheers to spending the rest of my life between the legs of my wife!"
    Everyone raises their beer in approval and this man gets his free beer.
    Later that night this man walks home and gets into bed with his wife. His wife wakes and turns to her husband, "Your home late."
    "Yeah, well I won the cheers!"
    "Ah, what'd you say?"
    "What'd I say.." The man thinks for a moment, he doesn't want to get in trouble with his wife, "I said cheers to spending the rest of my life.. at church next to my wife!"
    "Aww, such a lovely thing to say" exclaims the wife and she goes back to sleep.
    The very next day the wife is waiting in line at the local bakery. A man who heard the cheers at the pub walks up to the wife and says, "You know your husband devoted the cheers to you last night."
    To which the wife replies, "Yeah I don't understand it, I mean he hasn't been down there in years and I have to pull his ear to come!"

My tree went missing.

so I took a picture of it and nailed it to a dog.

Son: Dad, I like this awesome girl and want to date her.
    Dad: Who is she?
    Son: Our next door neighbor's daughter, Sandra.
    Dad: Ohhh I wish you hadn't said that son. I have to tell you something but promise me that you will not tell your mom. Sandra is actually your sister.
    The boy is obviously bummed out. He finds another girl, but dad tells him that is his sister too. This happens a few more time and he gets frustrated. So he decides to tell his mom.
    Son: Mom, I am so mad at dad. I fell in love with 4 girls but can't date any of them because dad is their father.
    His mom hugs him affectionately and says,
    Mom: Son, you can date anybody you want. Don't listen to him. He is not your father.
    >For Sale...

Parachute: $300.
    Slightly stained.
    Used once; never opened.
    No strings attached.

There are three men in a brothel. One is going downstairs, one is going upstairs and another is in a room. What are their ethnicities?

The man going downstairs is Finnish, the man going upstairs is Russian, and the man in the room is Himalayan.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af monday june 17

MAE Abbers,

Mick, as usual, thank you for starting us off. The pictures are lovely. You sound like you are just like my hubby. He spends his entire weekend working on the house and property. Not always because anything needs to be done but because that is just what he does. I don't think I have ever seen him just lie around except when he was sick. That is how I knew he was really ill, actually.

Lav, I did rest up some yesterday. Really no choice as the dizziness kept me from doing much. I did watch two of the grandones yesterday for a couple of hours while their parents took the older five to a movie. It was easy though, fed them up, watched Spongebob Squarepants, played on trikes, fed them again, mom and dad came and got them. It felt good to be able to watch them on the spur of the moment. Granny wasn't drunk. In the past, we had to coordinate way ahead of time to ensure I was not drinking. The older ones got to enjoy the movie and mom and dad weren't having to run after a two and three year old in the theater.

PPQP, What are you up to today?

Bear, Until you are done with drinking, truly done, it is a difficult game to play with yourself trying to stay AF. A lot of inner turmoil. I understand it well. As Mick said, you know where we are!!

June, It is nice to have a new "face" on the thread. I hope you get the support you need as you work through these early days. I know I have.

TT, Long trip for you away from family. You are doing fabulously, btw. Very proud of you. Regarding attitudes about drinking, when we were young, we lived in Germany. Another American couple lived next door. They were Ladder Day Saints, which is a religion that does not allow any alcohol consumption. When we went out to dinner or parties together, they would be given glasses of wine and they would say, "We can't drink alcohol." They would invariably get a glass of beer. :H:H

Det, Thanks for the chatting the other night. I haven't been in there in a long time. It was nice to see you and Turnaround again. It felt like old times. :-)

Y@H, Kuya, Cat, SF, Blondie, MaryJo, and Wits End, I hope you all check in today. Waves from deep south USA.

I am feeling physically better this a.m. The two cups of coffee have helped in that arena. :-)

We are in early twilight here. Still in the V of ROYGBIV. I think I'll go outside with another cup and sit. The birds should start singing soon and the I is a beautiful stage of twilight to watch unfold.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af monday june 17

Having a sit down and think I have Internet access. Hi everyone
      Welcome June, when I get home to nz you will hear a lot more from me.
      I hope Kuya is lurking beause we want you back - at least on this thread you know there are like minded peeps ie although we might have different political and religious views and sometimes senses of humour (man was that bad English!) we are dedicated to the sober life.
      Hey Mick
      , several times I have had AL offered to me here - when I am in a group - and some other drinker gets my unused glass.
      Det - the gelati (ice cream) here is to die for. Since I am not getting much protein I figure the milk is good for me (haha). but I sure miss my lentils and beans...
      Gidday Lavande, PPQP, SF, cinders ( how is your son, goodness that sounded alarming ie his detox) and all the rest of the merry sober band
      Catch you later amigos!

Comment

af monday june 17

Good morning Abbers

Thanks for the coffee Mick & the nice pics too!
        I can't imagine anyone growing orchids outside, that sounds so nice. I have tiny orchid right now & I say say a prayer over it everyday :H I don't have a good history of keeping them alive for very long. That's why I like to go to Longwood Gardens & feast my eyes on their huge collection

Hi Cindi, glad you are feeling OK & had a good time with the young ones yesterday. My grandsons were filthy, head to toe yesterday when they left - they had a good time :H

TT, glad yo are hanging in there - strange food & all

Greetings PQ, YahYah, SF, Det & all who stop by today.
        I'm going to push myself out to Curves - get my week started on a good foot!

Have a great AF Monday everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af monday june 17

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the coffee and the kick off. Pic's are great, keep em coming. You take it easy on your back, you only got one. Yup, relaxing day yesterday and I'm ready to start my week on the right foot.

Cindi...back to work to clean up after the grand opening, didn't feel like doing it after the event so just chucked everything in my office. Hope the dizzyness passes soon or you may have to get it checked out.

TT...glad you're hanging in there. Isn't it interesting how our minds can justify anything. Safe travels home.

Lav...morning and I agree, the dirtier they are the more fun they had. You make me miss my nephews. Taking my cue from you and starting the week off right.

Quick second cup, read the jokes, then off to work. Have a great AF Monday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af monday june 17

Ppqp...you and lav sharing feet?right foot for you...best foot for her!!!!!!!
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af monday june 17

Morning all! I can't seem to keep track of who is who so I apologize for the less than personal touch. Mick it's sad those houses will sit empty what a shame. Thanks to everyone for your warm welcome and your valuable knowledge and experience. I am going to do this and I am not alone.
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

af monday june 17

June ..you provide the Im going to do this ...we will provide the support youre not alone!!

Comment

af monday june 17

So Mick.............
                  PQ & I are sharing feet now? Really??? :H:H

June, keep hanging in with us. Pretty soon you'll know all of our secrets
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X