Friday 21st June ...solstice day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya folks how are we all today?ready for the weekend? Solstice day today...for us in the north ...the Summer solstice, for the upside down people the winter solstice!!!after today the seasons start to change ..really??? Anyway ..all ready for the weekend?excellent..put up a butterfly net yesterday over the brassicas..turned out better than I thought it would..also back is easing off..swimming and pilates exercises seem to be helping it...going to start going to pilates classes ..its free at my gym so will use it...much better than painkillers

righty ho ..then here we go.

evening tt ..how are you today? back to normal ..or on the way?I have a friend in NZ...and his wife broke her pelvis and something else a couple of months ago and isnt allowed to travel back home (to uk) for at least 6 months...The funding ran out for his post over there so he was having to come home and leave his wife out there!!...fortunately they have found him another post in NZ.I digress.. hope all is well with you.

Must apologise very contritely witts end ...I missed you out yesterday...how are you doing?

Morning June ...dont need to ask how you are ..your post says it all!!! well done you.It is a great feeling waking up to the fact ..no sore head no doormat in the mouth,feeling lousy,wondering how we are going to get through the day ..bloodshot eyes, will anyone notice?,am I still over ,or will I blow positive on a breath test need a drink ...and wtf did I do ,it was a great night ,cos I cant remember it!!!Sound appealing?
    I am so chuffed for you...revelation has come to you pretty early in the quit..most of us struggled to get to the point you are at now.

Morning ppqp how are you today? still jotting about in your bikini swimming in the rain are we ?what are you doing this weekend? anything planned? think about it over this cawfee..have a great day.

Morning Lav...wow that was a quick jump in for you yesterday..take it you were busy?? just a clue in the words kids n dogs!!have a coffee an relax. you still busy with Thomas the tank engine?

Hiya Cinders.hows you today?yes I am at the docs in 2 weeks time, so I will bear the needle job in mind...as I say the exercise seems to be doing it well..weight is down to 11.5 now it was 11.8 on Mon ..so thats 3lbs this week which helps relieve the pressure on it.As for dizziness..Could the dizziness be sugar rushes or something like that?

Morning Det on day 58...well done you ..as I sit here wi me banjo a sookin straw watchin the craws a fightin!!!!glad you are doing so well ..any plans for the weekend?

Hiya blondie...how are you?hibiscus cuttings ? do you make tea with it? it good for you allegedly!!Only went in the sea a couple of times, but yes I do like swimming in the sea..any plans for the weekend ..which I guess has already started for you?

Hiya Ky ..if you are there hows you doing?no need to be a stranger.

right folks Im gorn now..just for a change thought I would put these illusion pics up..see if you get them..have a great weekend

high society donkey

duck n rabbit

duck n rabbit

horse n frog

swan squirrel

if you like ..let me know...they will get harder!! and finally folk..jokes

A passerby saw a man laid flat on the sidewalk in front of the local beauty shop and ran to offer assistance. As the man came blinking into consciousness, the passerby asked, ?What happened??
    The man rubbed the back of his head and said, ?I don?t know! Last thing I remember, my wife was coming out of the salon there and I said, ?Well, at least they tried.

An elderly woman sitting on her porch, petting her beloved cat. A genie walks up her sidewalk. "Ma'am, you have lived a happy and simple life, I wish to grant you three wishes."
    The woman smiles, "Oh, I have to think, well, I would like to be 18 again." The genie nods his head and she transforms into her 18 years old self. "I would like lots of money!" she wishes. He nods again and piles of gold and coins pile all beside her. The woman stops, "My cat here has been loyal and sweet, could you turn him into a young, handsome man?" The genie nods his head a third time and disappears. Turning around she sees a young man, fit, gorgeous and perfect.
    "Why hello" she says coyly. He looks at her, "Don't look at me, you had me neutered."

So one day in the chicken coop the farmer drops off a new, young, strong rooster from the market. The new cocky rooster tells the old rooster "This is my coop now, and these are my hens!" The old rooster tells him "Fine, if you can beat me in a race around the farm, it's all yours" The young rooster thinks "I'll give him his little race but after I am kicking him out no matter what." So the two roosters take off around the farm, at first the young rooster is in the lead but when they get to the farmer's house the old rooster bursts ahead. Then suddenly... "BLAM" the farmer shoots the young roosters head right off. "God Dammit! That's the third gay rooster i bought from that damn market this week!"

And the plane crashed into a jungle only leaving them alive. They were promptly captured by a tribe of cannibals. One of the cannibals had eaten a linguist a few years back and could converse with the three survivors pretty well and informed them that they were to be killed, eaten, and their skin was going to be used to make a canoe. But because this was a tribe of sophisticated cannibals, the survivors were allowed to choose their own form of death.
    The Englishman chose a pistol and said "God save the Queen!" and blew his own brains out.
    The Frenchman chose a knife and said "Vive la France!" before slitting his own throat.
    The American requested a fork. The cannibals, a bit perplexed, supplied the American with his eating utensil. He immediately began stabbing himself violently in the chest screaming "Make a canoe out of this, motherfucker!"

A Priest, a Muslim and a Rabbi are having a discussion. They are trying to determine the exact point when life starts. The Muslim argues that life starts at conception. The Priest disagrees and says that life starts at birth. The Rabbi turns to the two men and says, you are both wrong. When the dog dies and the kids move out, that is when life begins.

So, a married couple is driving when the woman decides to give her husband head. Its going great until the man is about to cum because the car loses control, hits into a wall and the husband dies.
    At the funeral, the wife stands up to say her speech. She starts: "My husband was a great man. He wasn't a smart man, but he was a good person and a great lover. Know that he died in a moment of ecstasy." His mother stood up and shouted "Maybe YOU shouldn't have been driving."

If a man and a woman get married in Tennessee then move to Texas and get divorced?

Are they still brother and sister?

Why don't they sell GPSs in Italy?

Because all the roads lead to Rome.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Abbers!

Not starting kid watch duty until 11 am today :yay:
    I slept like a damn rock last night after running after those kids yesterday :H

Mick, glad your back is improving!
    Love your pics, glad I've had my second cup of coffee though or I would have missed the subtlety, very cool

Cindi, are you on a bunch of medications? Dizziness is such a common side effect. Best to see the doc & make sure you get squared away.

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a wonderful AF first day of summer!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Morning Mick and thanks for including me in your daily shout out! I am glad your back is improving, do you stretch regularly? There are some yoga poses that help my sore back tremendously. See if you can do the child's pose or the cat/cow stretches ( also known as cat/dog I think)

You mentioned hibiscus tea in your post to blondie, my new favorite drink is hibiscus rosehip tea, I chill it and add some fizzy water and lemon. It looks as dark as red wine very fragrant and refreshing! I buy it at the bulk store.

My resolve to stay AF has really come from reading On my Way Posts daily. I have tried moderation, I can't control my drinking unless I just stop. I know it I just didn't want to admit it. I also felt I was losing a friend. First thing I learned here is Al isn't my friend. You are and everyone else here is!
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Waves to all. Quick check in on the run. Today is the noon AA meeting I chair and I have to prepare, as well as actually shave, do my hair, etc. It will be nice to get out of the house.

I woke up at 2:00 a.m. this morning so I imagine I will poop out early.

I will go see my mom today after the meeting, no ifs, ands, or butts. sigh.

Lav, I have been twice to doctors. No idea what is going on. BP okay, pulse okay, etc. Follow up in two weeks. My doctor quit working and she was awesome. The ones left behind at the clinic are not quite so good. Oh well.

Will check back in later and properly address all my abber friends.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

had appt at GP re anxiety I KNOW alcohol makes it worse but hearing her say it and advise me to quit has really brought it home to me. If I say it I can fool myself I am making mountain out of a molehill, and other BS.

I need to quit - day 6 and refocused. I've been reading everyday. I always said being advised to quit by a professional would be a turning point for me, I know it's not easy but I now feel different.
          one day at a time

Comment

MAE to all. It's actually Saturday but I am awake And doing some work. Sleep is still getting sorted and at least ts the weekend so that's OK, Am finding doing both my paid job and running the household again tiring.
            Family just slips into old routines of Mum doing most of the housework but I am not up to arguing about this at the moment. If I raise this it will ruin the whole weekend. I have tried for decades now to get my partner to change with this and he won't respond unless I make lists for him to do.
            My partner says he is too busy with work to deal with big household matters but he has a far less demanding professional job than I do. Funny how he is younger than me but he has old fashioned ideas about gender roles. Except its not that clear cut as that as the car is also my responsibility as are all the finances, etc. It's like having another child in the house to be honest.
            Moan and screams over!

sorry I can't respond to everyone specifically on my Ipad as I only have one screen open. But hi there Cinders - hope the dizziness is sorted. No I don't take melatonin or anything for time/jet lag but just adjust myself to the time zones and sleep when I can. I avoid any medication these days - even the so called safe ones. of course I would take drugs for major conditions
            Hope your health is also not too grievous Mick. bad backs sound awful. I see this in others and can only imagine.

Welcome to the new guys on this thread - June!

Hi there PPQP - oops sorry about the date slip-up. My room was sound proofed while I was away but when I went in yesterday the room was still a mess and I couldn't work there. I personally don't think sound proofing makes that much diff (ESP when costs are factored in)

Gidday Lavande! Is it a kiddie weekend for you? It's winter solstice here and my daughter and pals are off to the midwinter carnival tonight. This is always beautiful but its too bloody cold for me - esp as we are having really bad winter storms at the moment.
            Now that the other Kiwi is missing I don't have anyone to back me up about the weather! Blondie will know what I mean - hiya Blondie!

Hi also to Det, Mr G, YahYah (I read that you were attending a reunion) And all others. What other news should I be catching up with? wonder how LTLW and SL are doing on their overseas travels? Bear's short sign-off was abrupt but that is her decision.
            I get a bit sad when folk drop out but that is the nature of on-line support groups and support groups in general. What do others think?

I hope to pop in again over the weekend and read of your doings.

One funny but sad thing - I watched 10 minutes of Coro street last night and I think booze featured at least every 20 seconds. And not in a healthy normal way yet it was all 'normalised'. still I know we have some Coro nutters out there

Be good and sober! Or be bad and sober!

Comment

Welcome back Bear!
              Here I was bemoaning your absence and you were posting. Yes a professionals advice can be a turning point and it really helped my resolve.
              We are here for you so keep posting and this time DONT TRY TO DO TOO MUCH IN YOUR QUIT. Swallow and repeat when required.Also pace yourself with the social events - of course you need your friends but don't push yourself with big social reunions etc. But also don't get lonely

I hope you don't mind my bossy boots here!

Comment

I LOVE your bossy boots - they're what I need to march me in the right direction(see what I did there?). One day at a time - getting doc to say what I and we all know somehow legitimised that I wasn't overplaying it.
                Re-reading Jason Vale/Allan Carr and just being nice to myself - yummy Indian takeaway ordered. CBT session booked for Monday.
                one day at a time

Comment

MAE ALL....

Quick check in for me as I'm off to my Dad's. - They're evacuating the care centre.

Unbelievable...downtown evacuated, most roads closed, and it's pouring outside.

The boss shut down the building and sent everyone home.

They're planning on releasing a damn further north of me and the concern is the bow river will overflow more of it's banks than what's already been breached.

Will check back in when things settle down and do a proper post then.

Comment

take care PPQP - and I hope your Dad and all people are able to be kept safe and dry
                    Thinking of you
                    :h

Comment

Thinking of you PQ, hope you are all safe.
                      I just read some articles about the massive flooding.
                      Hope we hear from you very soon :l
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hot here. My days have consisted of work, pool, sleep....repeat.

Mick I prefer yoga. I went to pilates and all I ever got was sore abs as it works your core. Cobra is best for the back and I am sure you can YouTube on how to do it properly.

I would call the studio ahead of time and see which class they reccommend. I recently went to a "power class".....and this poor woman at the end....goes...."I take it that was not the Deep Stretch class". They are polar opposites.

I am getting pressure at work to attend an event at a vineyard. Bring your family...it is kid friendly. I don't know why it is bothering me. I think it is the feeling of being expected to go...and feeling trapped if I want to leave.

Comment

Working...
                        X