thu 27 june af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thu 27 june af daily

Hey everyone - up early ready for another day.
    Day 12 here and 2 days left at work until I am off for ten days and then start back on an all day training course.

Woken at 2am last night not by snoring but by cat needing the loo!We have adopted a new cat and old cats not too keen.New cat keeps eating her food - so we put it upstairs and she was eating it but because he was downstairs we had to move her litter tray up as well!

Anxiety is lessening - bit worried that I am on holiday next week as have usually drank then BUT I have done an AF Christmas and festivals so I can do it.It's just managing the unhelpful thoughts/awfulising and self fulfilling prophecies.

Otherwise all good here, feeling tired due to 2am wake up but it's going to be a good day. Work now much better - one team member apologised and the remaining eye rolling, sighing person seems to have softened her attitude a little.Apart from anything else the difference that a supportive manager and team mates makes is huge.
    Have a great day everyone.
    one day at a time

thu 27 june af daily

MAE all. Its evening here and I have cooked dinner and am now relaxing - sort of. The car got stuck in mud today and I had to call out AA (not the alike one but the auto one :H:H) and then later the washing machine flooded. I am expecting another 'incident' as aren't these things supposed to come in 3's?

Mick - too bad about the op you have to endure mate. Lav is being bossy boots and organising us in your post-op recovery - not sure what my role is to be? Standing on my head to make you laugh? Not.
    Seriously - you have had your basket full of medical adventures and kudos to you for staying AF throughout this. It sounds like Julie is a trooper too and she will be the one holding the fort in the days ahead.

Bear - keep clocking up those AF days. Don't agonise over the hols and the absence of poison. I used to be like that but now I know that I can pack even more in when i am AF (even when drinking the demon I was busy as ever) or I can just chill guilt-free. You sounds a bit like me in that you like to be busy - even on holiday - so try to think of fun things to do. Things that you enjoy and don't notice the time. Even just reading a novel can do this. There will be shaky moments in the weeks ahead but you can do it - as you said.

And speaking of cats - I saw 3 women taking a cat for a walk today - in an area that was not near any houses. Weird ay?

Turn - great to have you pop in from tropical Alaska.

Det - hope your week is going well. I know what you mean about picking Asian restaurants. In fact I always thought most Asian food did not go well with AL. The problem is that in the past I would forgo the food so I could have the other

YaHYah - be a good girl this weekend and keep us posted.

Hiya also to Lav, PPQP, SF, Blondie and all others. I am loosing steam - getting tired - so think I will leave the keyboard
    Nite nite altho ist the morning for many of you!

Comment

thu 27 june af daily

mae everyone...wow good job I checked ...was just about to start the thread when bear popped up..just been mending the fence where the rabbit decided to eat through it..its only a plastic mesh thing ..which tends to keep them off..when they are in view..strange this has been bitten through out of sight..now got metal in it-bite through that mister!!!

How are we all today then?ok Ok I hope....

Morning bear hows you and the catfight?glad the anxieties are getting less at work.So you are on holiday next week?Ideal to get all those wee jobs that you need to get done, plus exercise plus do some things that you want to do...alternative?get bladdered end up with sore head doing nothing talking crap, less money..hmm let me think about that one!!have a great day

Mornig ppqp...how are you? and how did the card school..oops bridge club go last night?Am I talking to a champion?Heres a coffee ma'am .How are things doing over there? starting to get a sense of normality back yet?good for you ,helping out.

Morning Lav ..and how are you today?easy day for you or kid/dog/chicken/mulch pile watching?Weather calmed down for you yet?looked up to see what you can do to stop deer eating your veg plot...and frankly my dear ..(different spelling!!) there is nowt except a high fence.Are deer protected over there like they are here?
      Oh well nothing for it but to sit down have a coffee and watch your own person re-run of bambi!!

Hiya June how are you today?Nah dont think your crabby moods were hormonal, or maybe minimal....more probably down to the grappa....I used to be Victor Meldrew...and now I am the worlds most pleasant, smiley conversationalist that God put on the planet...yeh right!!!!!(oops just read back ...am I allowed to make religious references?).No seriously ,the alcohol gives you yet another false impression of something..kind of like the duck syndrome...when you are drinking gives the illusion all is calm...but in actual fact its a bit pear shaped..just woffling now so I ll shurrup!!you have a great day

Morning Yah....may I come into the new office? well done on getting that on the road...see,just a couple of weeks ago ,you were really iffy about the whole thing...now not only do you love the idea, but look at the hassle and money you have saved...looking for premises and rent etc.Dont know what the healing time is...dreading the whole thing tbh..get the op,stitches out after 2-3 weeks, start gettingf the use back proper 6-8 weeks..seems a bit long that to me...and of course it will defo curtail my other activities...unless I can come up with an alternative!!Anyway glad things are doing ok for you...as for the re-union...you will be fine...just remember .on one shoulder little voice going go on just the one nobody will know...on the other shoulder this crowd going oh yes we will!! :H you dont need the booze to njoy yourself

Hiya Det ..how are you?well done on dealing with those emotions mate...you of all people know you cant just bury them ...you gotta deal with them ..and you did..as far as the cast with signatures goes...ha so it will be blank then?Have a great day mate.

Morning SF..Hows you today?your parallel just about sums it up!!!THe voice never goes away in our heads ..its just as time moves on it gets so much easier to deal with...just like his pal Nick o Teen...even now every once in a while I smell cig smoke and think hmm..then a second later its gone..same with booze for me now to ....thinks could really do with a drink now...why ? goodbye..end of conversation ..its that easy .

Waheeey Turn ...hows you ? long time sounds like you have been really busy ..so nice to "see " you .Wow some heat for Alaska..just been watching the last of the crab fishing series in Alaska..think they sail from Dutch harbour?Anyway dont be a stranger..

Hiya TT...hows you after all your meetings?anymore trips planned or is it rest now?

righty folks thats it...exit stage left..will only put a couple of puzzles up today...need some feedback on what you think...cya h.a.n.d.

see what you can find

see if this makes sense to you

A recent entrance exam for Medical School included several questions that would determine eligibility.
      One of the questions was "Rearrange the letters P N E S I to spell out an important part of the human body that is more useful when erect."
      Those who spelled 'spine' became Doctors.
      The rest ended up in Congress.

The Chinese government is trying to help working women by providing breast milk couriers...

The couriers take the breast milk from the factory where the mother works to the factory where the baby works.

A woman takes a lover during the day, while her husband is at work.
      One day, her 9-year-old son hides in the closet during one of her romps. Her husband comes home unexpectedly, so she hides the lover in the closet.
      The little boy says, "It's dark in here."
      The man whispers, "Yes, it is."
      Boy - "I have a baseball."
      Man - "That's nice."
      Boy - "Want to buy it?"
      Man - "No, thanks."
      Boy - "My dad's outside."
      Man - "OK, how much?"
      Boy - "$250."
      In the next few weeks, it happens again that the boy and the mom's lover end up in the closet together.
      Boy - "It's dark in here."
      Man - "Yes, it is."
      Boy - "I have a baseball glove."
      Man - Remembering last time, asks, "How much?"
      Boy - "$750."
      Man - "Fine."
      A few days later, the father says to the boy, "Grab your ball and glove. Let's go outside and toss the baseball."
      The boy says, "I can't. I sold them."
      The father asks, "How much did you sell them for?"
      The son says "$1,000."
      The father says, "It's terrible to overcharge your friends like that. That's way more than those two things cost. I'm going to take you to church and make you confess."
      They go to the church and the father makes the little boy sit in the confession booth and he closes the door.
      The boy says, "It's dark in here." The priest says, "Don't start that shit again!"

Why do kangaroos hate rainy days?

Because the kids have to play inside.

What am I supposed to do with this speeding ticket, Officer?"

"Keep it, when you collect four of them, you get a bicycle."

I complained to my psychiatrist that everyone hates me.

He said "Don't be ridiculous! Everyone hasn't met you yet"

Went to Thailand.

... for my holidays and picked up two stunning girls in the local bar.
      They agreed I could have sex with both of them so we went back to their flat.
      When we all took our clothes off it was like winning the lottery... 6 matching balls!!!!!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

thu 27 june af daily

Good morning Abbers!

Greetings bear! Glad to hear you are feeling more settled
        Use your vacation time to strengthen your AF muscles, get into more meditation/mind relaxing stuff. Be kind to yourself!

Greetings TT & yes I am good at putting everyone to work :H
        My kids learned at a very young age to not complain about being bored. They ended up with a vacuum cleaner & dust rag in their hands :H

Mick, I know the deer are going to eat whatever the hell they want around here :H
        They have been know to eat the entire tops off of my semi-dwarf apple trees! When I want good fruits or veggies I can get them from the Amish farmers. I don't know how they manage to keep the deer out if their crops. If you could see my 30 lb dog Matilda chasing the deer out of here - it's hysterical!

OK, I need to go get my Curves fix then straight back here for a day of actual work!!!
        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thu 27 june af daily

MAE ALL...I'll just get this out of the way first....Urban Dictionary 1) H.A.N.D. - A dismissive signoff in online forum postings. Acronym for Have A Nice Day.

Bear...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Glad things are getting sorted with the co-workers, that has to add to the anxiety so sounds like you're on the right track. Good job on getting to AF day 12. Just think when you start your holidays you'll be 14 days AF. Ten days off will bring you to 24 days AF, all day training session brings day 25 then only 5 days to go to your 1 Month Celebration. Keep us close over the holis, we'll help you through.

TT...hope you're having a peaceful, restful sleep. Sounds like you can use it right about now. Hope #3 didn't happen or at the least was minimal.

Mick...haven't visited the Urban Dictionary for awhile. For the life of me couldn't work out h.a.n.d. but had fun guessing :H Late night for me, excellent dinner, soso cards didn't win the championship, and out way past my bedtime...didn't get home till 10 pm. lol It's very strange in the city as in my neighbourhood nothing has changed, next neighbourhood is a war zone. The Unsung Hero of yesterday was a woman who walked through one of the disaster sites with a pouch of hot wet wash cloths. All the pics were of workers washing the muck off their faces. Who would even think of something like that. Just wanted to let you know there's a new App that uses OCR (Oral Character Recognition) that works quite well. Don't know about posting pics that way though.

Lav...morning to you. Couldn't control the deer out at the ranch either no matter what I tried. At least I don't have to deal with that at the Community Garden, only little Mick friends to contend with. Noticed some of the lettuce seeds migrated to the dirt around the raised beds and grew into a buffet for the little four footed furry fiends. Works for me as they stay out of the garden plots. Enjoy your "actual" work day.

Time for my second cuppa then have to start my day. Have a great AF Thursday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

thu 27 june af daily

MAE all! Woke up feeling down but reading posts here helps. Day 24 is the honeymoon over? Not going to go all pity party here. I think it's my eating habits that are affecting me. Too much sugar and carbs. I'm going to drag myself out of bed ( yes I talk to you from my bed!) and juice some beets carrots and apples and kale. That should get the day going eh? Best wishes to all.
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

thu 27 june af daily

Hi June...you will be fine ..yep sometimes it does get you down...sometimes you get a dose of cba ..itsall part of the battle...keep going its worth it.....as a matter of interest..how much have you saved since you quit?time to treat yourself perhaps?

ppqp...hand

Have a nice day!!!
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

thu 27 june af daily

hi abbers

Mick - didn't realise you were going under the knife again! Sorry to hear that. (Is your NHS somehow linked to your frequent flyer card?:H) Oh, and your puzzler about the moon thing the other day (I forget where it was) - the only things I could think of were Bad Moon Rising and Moon River (but I think you asked for a group) Do I get a consolation prize?

TT - I think the fact there were 3 women walking the cat would be weird!

Yah - have fun at your reunion. Glad your new office is working out already.

3J - I'm still struggling withthe carbs and sugar. As Mick said, there'll always be the good and bad - it's just interesting dealing with them head on. No hiding. No crutch!

Sunflower - your comments about being grateful really hit home. Particularly looking at what other people are dealing with.

PPQ - 10pm! That's late! (for me, anyway). Are they wild rabbits at your vege patches?

Det - just read Rob Wolff's blog on smoothies and how they're not so good for us. :upset: Loved his comparison of calories - some smoothies were equivalent to 9 rashers of bacon!

Still tearing my hair out with tradesmen and the like. So nothing exciting, just lots of swearing!

Hi to Lav, Cindi, Bear and all.

Comment

thu 27 june af daily

Mellow greetings from the hotel creature to all ABerooooos!

tucked into my room and finally done with the day. mighty hot here in NorCal.

Bear, sober holidays are the absolute best! enjoy the heck out of that time in the healthiest ways you can, and keep those memories.

Cindi, my you are busy! hope you are taking time to get good rest. it's really so very important.

small turnout today....everyone must be busy I reckon.

got a new pistol today so I'm excited to get to the range this weekend. one of my fav sober pastimes is target shooting.

Turn, I'll be looking for you on chat

3June, you're right about sugar and carbs making you feel crap. try starting your day off with protein and quality fats. the combo will set you right. the best time of day to introduce the majority of carbs is in the evening and after your workout. this gives you the insulin spike at the time you need it (post workout) for muscle recovery, then sound sleep. all my carbs come from veggies and fruit and I really feel tons better for it.

Blondie, glad your learning up on nutrition. now I don't feel like the lone geek

Mick, Treetops, PPQ, Lav (the deer whisperer) ....anyone else?

be well
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X