Tuesday 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday 16th

MAE everyone...well how are we today?all set for a happy pre hump day?ok then lets get rollin..tea n coffee on the go

morning Lav?hows you today? ot humid weather, combined with extreme kiddie watching...wow here quick have this coffee..reckon you will need it oh and a few more gallons!!!

Hiya SF..hows you? after pullin the old left the wallet stunt...I can understand it doing it on someone else...but doing it to yourself..now that is something!!

Mornin ppqp ..hows you today?easy day for you today is it?oh well might as well start with this coffee. So you are trundling your flock off to Banff?any spare places long long time since I was there!!You never heard of underwater football?:H oh by the way ...you still on coke??me too..boss taking you out for Jan 5th lunch..whats up did he forget his wallet too?

Hiya Cat...and hows Paradise today then?Just another day.....hmm Phil Collins..that song as got special memories for me..went on an exchange trip years ago with the Estonian Prison Service..and one of the nicks I visited had previously been a Russian Gulag complete with all the mod cons..NOT..They played that song over and over allday on loudspeakers..the reason? to stop the different cell blocks from communicating with each other..there you go ..another useless piece of info for you!!

Hiya blondie, how are you today..or in your case this evening?I await the mandarins with delight..on saying that..you watch bet I end up with Chinese gentlemen with long robes and beards on the doorstep!!
    Christmas stocking...apple ,orange,and some nuts...eeeee those were the days !!!!

Morning Det ..and how are you this fine day?all well?

Hiya June and how are you? well done on the iced tea versus wine..great job...you really have taken to the af life well.

Morning YAH..how are you today?gardens going mad is it? lets do some plant swapping.Forgot to put new potatoes on the list of veggies I have had out of the garden.weather over here is really good for growing at the present.

righto people must go ..places to go people to meet n all that!! have a great day

Fred and Mary get married but couldn?t afford a honeymoon, so they go back to Fred?s Mom and Dad?s house for their first night together.
    In the morning, Johnny, Fred?s little brother, gets up and has his breakfast.
    As he is going out of the door to go to school, he asks his mom if Fred and Mary are up yet.
    She replies, ?No?.
    Johnny asks, ?Do you know what I think??
    His mom replies, ?I don?t want to hear what you think! Just go to school.?
    Johnny comes home for lunch and asks his mom, ?Are Fred and Mary up yet??
    She replies, ?No.?
    Johnny says, ?Do you know what I think??
    His mom replies, ?Never mind what you think! Eat your lunch and go back to school.?
    After school, Johnny comes home and asks again, ?Are Fred and Mary up yet??
    His mom says, ?No.?
    He asks, ?Do you know what I think??
    His mom replies, ?Ok, now tell me what you think.?
    He says: ?Last night Fred came to my room for the Vaseline and I think?
    I gave him my airplane glue.?

Morris returns from the doctor and tells his wife that the doctor has told him he has only 24 hours to live. Given the prognosis, Morris asks his wife for s*x. Naturally, she agrees, so they make love.
    About 6 hours later, the husband goes to his wife and says, ?Honey, you know I now have only 18 hours to live. Could we please do it one more time??
    Of course, the wife agrees, and they do it again. Later, as the man gets into bed, he looks at his watch and realizes that he now has only 8 hours left. He touches his wife?s shoulder and asks, ?Honey, please?just one more time before I die.? She says, ?Of course, Dear,? and they make love for the third time.
    After this session, the wife rolls over and falls to sleep. Morris, however, worried about his impending death, tosses and turns, until he?s down to 4 more hours. He taps his wife, who rouses. ?Honey, I have only 4 more hours. Do you think we could??
    At this point the wife sits up and says, ?Listen Morris, I have to get up in the morning? you don?t.?

why women are so bright

We got off the Titanic first.
    * We can scare male bosses with mysterious gynaecological disorder excuses.
    * Taxis stop for us.
    * We don?t look like a frog in a blender when dancing.
    * No fashion faux pas we make could ever rival The Speedo.
    * We don?t have to pass gas to amuse ourselves.
    * If we forget to shave, no one has to know.
    * We can congratulate our teammate without ever touching her rear.
    * We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.
    * We have the ability to dress ourselves.
    * We can talk to people of the opposite s*x without having to picture them naked.
    * If we marry someone 20 years younger, we?re aware that we look like an idiot.
    * There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
    * We?ll never regret piercing our ears.
    * We can fully assess a person just by looking at their shoes.
    * We can make comments about how silly men are in their presence, because they aren?t listening anyway.

Have you ever wondered why A, B, C, D, DD, E and F are the letters used to define bra sizes?
    If you have wondered why, but couldn?t figure out what the letters stood for? It is about time you became informed:
    A ? Almost Boobs
    B ? Barely there.
    C ? Can?t Complain!
    D ? Damn!
    DD? Double damn!
    E ? Enormous!
    F ? Fake

How are husbands like lawn mowers?
    They?re hard to get started, they emit noxious odors, and half the time they don?t work.
    How do men define a ?50/50″ relationship?
    We cook-they eat; we clean-they dirty; we iron-they wrinkle.
    How do men exercise on the beach?
    By sucking in their stomachs every time they see a bikini.
    How do you get a man to stop biting his nails?
    Make him wear shoes.
    How do you keep your husband from reading your e-mail?
    Rename the mail folder ?Instruction Manuals.?
    How does a man show he?s planning for the future?
    He buys two cases of beer instead of one.
    How is Colonel Sanders like the typical male?
    All he?s concerned with is legs, breasts and thighs.
    How many men does it take to open a beer?
    None. It should be opened by the time she brings it to the couch.
    How many men does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    One-He just holds it up there and waits for the world to revolve around him.
    How many men does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    Three. One to screw in the bulb, and two to listen to him brag about the screwing part.
    How many men does it take to tile a bathroom?
    Two. If you slice them very thinly.
    What did God say after creating man?
    I can do so much better.
    What do most men consider a gourmet restaurant?
    Any place without a drive-up window.
    What do you call a handcuffed man?
    Trustworthy.
    What does it mean when a man is in your bed gasping for breath and calling your name?
    You didn?t hold the pillow down long enough.
    What do you call a man with half a brain?
    Gifted./>What do you do with a bachelor who thinks he?s God?s gift to women?
    Exchange him.
    What makes a man think about a candlelight dinner?
    A power failure.
    What should you give a man who has everything?
    A woman to show him how to work it.
    How can you tell when a man is well hung?
    When you can just barely slip your finger in between his neck and the noose.
    Why do men need instant replay on TV sports?
    Because after 30 seconds they forget what happened.
    Why do men whistle when they?re sitting on the toilet?
    Because it helps them remember which end they need to wipe.
    Why do only 10% of men make it to heaven?
    Because if they all went, it would be Hell.
    Why does it take 100 million sperms to fertilize one egg?
    Because not one will stop and ask for directions.

A boy and his father were playing ball in the front yard when the boy saw a honeybee. He ran over and stomped it.
    ?Don?t do that, that was a honeybee,? his father said, ?he wasn?t doing anything to you. For killing him you will do without honey for a week.?
    Later the boy saw a butterfly, so he ran over and stomped on it.
    ?That was a butterfly,? his father said, ?he wasn?t doing anything to you, and for killing him you will do without butter for a week.?
    The next morning the family sat down for breakfast. The boy eating his toast plain with no honey or butter.
    Suddenly a cockroach ran out from under the stove. His mother stomped on it.
    The boy looked at his father and said, ?Are you going to tell her, Dad, or should I??
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Tuesday 16th

Just saying hi - I had a great day with my daughter. We did a mini road trip but not staying away overnight.
    Once of the things I am very grateful for in my AF life is that I am much more relaxed driving long distances - its just far less stressful for me these days. Anyone else had that positive add-on?

Thanks for the coffee Mick but I better stick to decaf if I want to get my beautification sleep!

Comment

Tuesday 16th

Mick that train sign made me lol:H Isn't it your pre-op today? Or am I away with the fairies.

TT where did you drive to (if it's not too nosey:H) I did a dive trip to Fiordland, driving over from ChCh. Was a beautiful trip.

Well had a great day at auction and bought a few water features for my garden. I think I'm hooked now :H

:hiya:

Comment

Tuesday 16th

Good morning Abbers!

Waiting for my overnight guests to arise & all hell to break loose :H

Still fiercely hot & humid. I have to go buy bags of ice to add to the water feeders for my chickens each day to help them cool down a bit, poor things

Greetings Mick, TT, blondie & everyone!
        I see bear has decided to sign off again, I wish her well.
        Have a great AF Tuesday boys & girls!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Tuesday 16th

Comment

Tuesday 16th

haha funny stuff this morning,those bra sizes i gotta remember that,and the corn pic is hilarious,jeez im dealing with the worst allergies! every summer it feels like my ears and head are full,ive tried allegra,claritin,some prescribed flonase and i swear everytime i take it for a bit i get anxiety,i dont know why but i know its one of them cuz it happens everytime,i bought some homeopathic allergy stuff yesterday,ill try it or just suffer through,the air in vegas is just so dry,heavy,dusty and always windy! miserable,enough of my whining,i hope everybody has a great tuesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Tuesday 16th

MAE all,

I have yesterday's thread opened in another window to see what all were up to.

Now I am feeling schizophrenic.

CB, I hope you feel better sooner rather than later.

Det, Lovely picture. When I lived in Loveland, CO, there used to be a program that brought at risk children from Detroit to Estes Park for a week's retreat. On the news one little one was interviewed and asked what he thought was fun about Colorado. He said, "At night you have so many stars!!!" Out of the mouth of babes.

Y@H, I hope business picks up soon and no part time job required. I imagine your business is like many others, summer is a bad time because of so many vacations, children home, etc. I'll bet mid-August will see an uptick.

Bear, Everyone said it already. We will be here. No one thinks badly of you, btw. We have all been there done that and worn the t-shirt. :l

June, I was thinking the other day while floating around the pool that it would be nice to have one of those chairs to float around in, one that has a drink holder. Hmm. I realized quickly that this brain will get me into trouble if I don't stay vigilant.

Mick, Keep us up-to-date on the surgery. Fingers and toes crossed that it is successful.

Blondie, Yep, CA does have the nice weather. That's why it is so crowded.

TT and SF, Parenting is hard. Period. My attitude is that you can only do what you can do. Love is the one ingredient that cannot be omitted and abundant love today will come back to you from them when they are grown.

PPQP, How's the neck? If it doesn't get better soon, have it checked out. (Unless you already have and then ignore. :-))

Pauly, It is good to see you posting here.

Kuya, If you are lurking, waves!!

Lav, Take it easy in the heat and with the little one running around. Make sure you feed her lots of sugar and caffeine before sending her home. :H:H

Not much to report from Alabama. My son and I drove around to different apartments yesterday to present our new cleaning and painting business information. We got two leads to follow up on. Today we will focus on property management companies and see if we can generate any interest there. We just need a one or two gigs to start with so we can get our foot in the door. I know it is difficult to do that but am optimistic that as long as we keep trying, we will.

One thing is for certain, friends, if I was still drinking, yesterday would have been impossible and so would today.

I am eternally grateful for my sobriety day by day.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Tuesday 16th

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off and the coffee. Today's lunch will kill 3 birds with 1 stone. My Bday, co-orker Jan Bday and Boss Bday on the 18th. The Jan co-worker is the accountant who has been complaining that she doesn't have enough work to do and ends up in everyone else's business. Last email from the boss yesterday was the accountant would only be working 3 days a week effective immediately. :H Guess that backfired. Had to go and re-read my post when you asked me about underwater football. Couldn't figure out what you were on about...and there it was hit me in the face again.

TT...I remember driving to my sisters in Saskatchewan when I left my husband. What an ordeal. My anxiety was maxed and I didn't feel I was capable of even filling up with gas. Total 360 with my drive back to Alberta to stay with my kids. I had been AF for 3 months when I made that trip I couldn't believe how different I felt. I am grateful to have these growing experiences in my life.

Blondie...the train sign made an impression with me too. Didn't have to read back to remember that one. :H I would love to put a few water features in the community garden just haven't figured out the logistics yet.

Lav...saw the pic on FB this morning and it made me think of you. All hell has probably broken loose by now and you're well into your hectic day. Take the time to smell the roses, if you can find them through the weeds.

Off to get my second cuppa before thinking of getting ready for work. Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come....PPQP

Pauly...saw your post just before submitting mine. I awoke with a stuffed up head this morning, my son's comment...so you're going to infect us all again! Have you tried reactine? Not sure if you can get it in the states but it seems to work on anything. Hope you find relief soon.

Comment

Tuesday 16th

Cinders;1532989 wrote: Now I am feeling schizophrenic.
                  :H:H

It was actually my back that I twisted and it seems that 3 days of taking it easy has done the trick. Positive outcome for your first business presentations, well done. Hope the management companies have something immediately for you. Fingers crossed....PPQP

Comment

Tuesday 16th

hiya all yep was supposed to be pre-op day today...but guess what I cancelled it!!I have been doing some exercises that I saw on a website for cubinol tunnel syndrome and it is easing it off brilliantly..I have got an appointment with my gp tomorrow to see if I can get referred for physio..I believe surgery should be the last option and also,,its not guaranteed..could end up worse than it is...dont mind admitting either..pretty scared to go under the anasthetic..in case I dont come found...sounds stupid I know, but I was talking to my mate who had the heart transplant and he agrees....when youve knocked the door once,life becomes kind of precious!!!so we shall see what happens now,but Ireckon I have got at least 65% back through exercise..and believe me Im pretty stubborn with things like that!!!thank you for your thoughts tho :l
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Tuesday 16th

WOW...good job Mick. Bet you wished you had found that website earlier. Hope the GP agrees to a referral. Just heading out the door. Got the boss a birthday card and 7 jokes (7 of us going to lunch). Bye for now....PPQP

Comment

Tuesday 16th

Thats a good decision Mick about trying the other option instead of surgery and I admire your tenacity of trying to heal/rectify the matter through exercise. Hope the GP gives some good advice too.
                        PPQP - I had a really sore back yesterday - from my driving but I think I was in solidarity with you. Pain has gone for me now.

Comment

Tuesday 16th

I am at the pool all by myself....it is glorious and peaceful!

TT....so glad you are spending time with your daughter. I love that I am spend quality time with my kids....being really present.

Lav....I nearly died from the heat today! How did I ever manage drinking? Oh yeah.....must have been all that water in those beers:H

PPQ....I always love that comic! Now I am hungry...

Cinders....it is quite amazing how much time I spent sick watching lifetime movies. So grateful to be sober.

Mick...that is awesome that you may avoid surgery. I agree it should be the last option. I hate going under as well. I was always checking to make sure the guy did not look hungover. Plus, when I wake up from it I shake violently....and throw up shooting it at least 20 feet across the room. I just thought I'd give you some encouragement if you do decide on surgery:H

I went to the dentist today, first time in 3 years. Never wanted to go because of the vomiting I would do 3-4 times a week while drinking. They had to work on one area that the novicain was not getting. I relented and allowed them to give me the gas. I was sick to my stomach, room was spinning....and I was clearly under the influence. I felt like the only drunk person in the room.....I cringe to think how many times that was for real with people I actually know. :upset::upset:

Comment

Tuesday 16th

Ahoy ABerooonies!

thanks for the kickoff Mick. doing very well being sober in the wine Mecca of the US, Napa CA. had a super loverly salmon on mini vegetables with olive tapenade. needed more garlic, but everything does!

TTops, I can relate so well to the long distance driving being AF. I drive a LOT for work and can't believe I used to do this hung over and sooooo tired. frightening really. now I'm calm, collected and very happy aboot that.

Cindi, great post. I share you in that gratitude. AF is the life

SunFlower, drunk or hungover at the dentist brings back some queasy memories for me! egad.

for some reason this hotel internet connection won't let me into chat.... still working on it...

be well peeps!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Tuesday 16th

Mae, all.

Mick, I'm so glad for you that you found a solution more agreeable than surgery. We have so many options for healing.

Ironically, I had minor surgery today; the doctor had to reset my nose. It went very well. I was nervous about pain post-procedure, but there was very little! She was a wonderful doctor, and called me personally tonight to see how I am doing and tell me what she found. Wow. Other good news - the Workman's Comp insurance agent also called today to say everything would be covered. Given surgery, emergency room and office visits, I think my co-pay would have been at least $1,000-$2,000. Such a relief that I don't have to find that money.

Mmm, PPQP. Parenting. We are all such better parents now that we are AF. But still, I feel inadequate a lot of the time. I need alone-time, and my job and commute drain me, so when I get home, I don't want to interact with my son as much as he needs. Good news - being AF makes me look at this on a regular basis, and make an effort. A big motivation for me is entirely selfish. I love my son so much, and want to enjoy him while he is still young.

I was hungry all day today, and struggled to just stay with healthy items. Anyone think this could be a side effect of anesthesia? I'm trying to find my balance again - for many months, I felt strong and at ease with eating. Now I'm back to sugar cravings and wanting to eat throughout the day.

Last post on Tuesday, 4 minutes till Wed......
                              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X