af Saturday 20 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Saturday 20 July

Hi there guys - how's it going? Another weekend started here. Nothing too flash planned. But whatever it won't involve AL or worrying about AL or hangovers. At least not for me.

Mick - 38 degrees? Thats ridiculous for the UK. Good training for your trip to Cambodia next year. I bet Julie is already packing the first aid/medical suitcase But the ancient history is amazing there, and very friendly and interesting cultures. Although I did many years ago get smashed at a Cambodian wedding in New Zealand - the AL on the tables was whisky instead of wine.

Lav- hope you enjoyed the kid free zone. After yesterdays diatribe from me about gloating parents I have to say that my lovely daughter has always had a gorgeous smile and has great teeth. But the braces are to prevent future discomfort due to the way the adult teeth have grown against her jaw structure. We don't use orthodontics in NZ much for appearance - usually needs to be a clinical reason.

Det - had to serve some pasta for the family to fill them up (I don't eat pasta). Sole fillets were small and the salad veges are rather pathetic at this time of the year. I can survive on meagre quantities but if I don't fill them up a bit then they will only go in search of snacks. And they expect some carbs with their main meal. I can't enforce a very low carb or strictly low GI diet on the others. I do this in increments but I have to work with what's feasible and will get eaten.

OK - enough defensiveness from me!

How's SF, PPQP, Cinders, June, YahYah, Blondie, Cat and all others who post or lurk here?
    here's a question - what other threads do you fellow daily Abberoos read on MWO? I know some (esp Cinders and June) do a lot of encouragement of the newbies and the need helps ASAP. Mick is an army guy! Lav posts on the other Abs threads. I usually just look at the recent posts and sometimes respond. I do find it interesting reading some of the meds threads because I am interested in how others are dealing with their AL madness. The baclofen histories are sometimes encouraging, but very very personal. These ones also get very proactive and engage in heated exchanges about the drug regimes. What I have learned is to try not to judge others 'way out' or to make comparisons. I also like to be mindful that what may have worked - so far - for me, does not always work or apply to others.

Just curious!
    Off to seize the sunlight, birds chirping, fire blazing (inside - not out), carbohydrates awaiting (wholegrain toast), addictive drink close by (coffee),
    Hope Friday is going well for those in that time zone - as I write this

af Saturday 20 July

hello everyone
    another day af 51 days

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

That's fantastic wittsend:goodjob:

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

WE-:goodjob:

TT.....teens do get a bad rap. My son is going through the normal teen stuff. Just payback for what I did to my parents. But, it is still tough to keep your cool. He is very stubborn and I have no idea who he inherited that from....he is a mini me:upset:

I read the Newbies Nest. Others from time to time. I am sure if I added it all up I have read War and Peace 10x. One I read because it is a good reminder of how long you can post about wanting to get sober and never doing it. I've been on and off MWO literally since its inception....150 members. Not proud of how long it took me to get sober....in the early days the place was a real mess. AF was taboo. The original board is now gone so you really can't go back and read.

Mick-the braces....hubby let my son go back and pick his own colors. Told him to pick clear. He picked gold, black and silver. The doctor did a nice job and they look great. I am just glad he did not pick red, purple and orange! I cringe at my old posts. But yes, a positive change. I think in the past I spent so much time rejecting religion....I never bothered to learn about what I was rejecting. Anyways its none of that preachy....you are condemned stuff. I find the people there very accepting and loving....and I enjoy their company.

I LOVE the fence....awesome job!

You and everyone here has helped me more than a "wee" bit....so everyone please pat yourself on the back....because if I ever meet you in person...you'll probably get a hug so tight that your brains will squeeze out your ears

Lav-the cost of braces:upset: But let's face it....I spent more than that on booze in a year...yikes! Money is being better spent these days.

PQ-dropping the massage training was the best thing. I found myself way more focused at work....and it felt like a big weight off my shoulders. I can't be superwoman. I enjoyed it and the first two classes where like intense therapy. I can always go back after the kids are grown. They are my number one priority and I've already wasted too much time missing out.

Det-with heat I have been hydrating like its an Olympic sport. Glad I am not trying to hydrate after dehydrating myself with al.

I am glad I no longer suffer from the witching hour. However today leaving work my brain felt like it needed a reward. A reward for being a responsible adult and doing a job that I get paid to do....WTH. It wasn't loud....but enough for me to notice it. Coming home and taking the kids to the community pool party (an AF one)....was a reward. A friend called to pick something up....and I said yes.

My past life would have went like this. Drink a few before party and be the only one stinking of booze. Come home and begin to drink myself silly....and when friend called....no way in hell was anyone welcome at that late hour of 7pm....they may find out my secret. Cringe to think I lived like that. That my family had to live like that.

Grateful to be sober. I recognize those thoughts as an annoyance.....that I created. They will pop in from time to time.....it's normal for someone like me....and I know better than to entertain them. Nobody deserves a drink....it's not a reward for being good. Rather I think we should make terrorists drink it daily.....let them suffer the hangover.....and then make them drink more.....keep the cycle going until they are praying for death.

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

HI TT and Witts
          Great job on 51 days!!
          TT - I'm usually on the Undies too (quelle surprise!) I just can't keep up with posting on other threads. So major kudos to those who do spend time helping others on here.

Have been busy the last few days trying to organise transport for my garden/water feature purchases and pleased to say they are all safely with us now. I am really happy with them. Had I not been so tied up trying to move them, I'd have gone to another auction - lots of iPads and iPhones and other sundry stuff I apparently need:H

Going to do a proper read back and catch up, rather than cheat and read TT's post to get the latest

SF - I didn't know you had been here that long?! Funny, I was thinking yesterday about how the tone in your posts had changed to relaxed and happy.

Just saw an ad on a bus yesterday for vodka and honey and coconut and thought it sounded lovely. Then started thinking about how to taste it without al?! I guess gets some meths and add honey/coconut?! :-D

OK off to read back...

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

Me chipping in again as I am having a lazy night - just cooked a yummy vegetable/cheese layered casserole (and Det - I put as many sweet potatoes and garlic rather than potatoes in that I could find!) - perfect for a wintery night. Baked cookies as well - not at all healthy but at least they don't have zillions of additives in them.

SF - you have done really well and I think you have made the shift in thinking AF for good. You also, if I may say so, seem to be lightening up a bit on yourself.

My teenage daughter is like me is some ways but she does not seem to have the rebelliousness and craziness I had at her age. I think its partly because she has a comfortable home and is not living in a domestic war zone (as I did). I really pushed my Mum to the limits (including drinking AL aged 15) and this still upsets me as my Mum was a really lovely woman. All I can say is that Mum taught me to forgive and in fact we did have that kind of talk before she died. Being able to forgive and to forgive ourselves (when its genuine) is so important for our recovery.

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

MAE everybody ...and how are today?lovely breeze blowing here ...still sunny but the breeze is certainly cooled things down ..especially my burnt head !!how or when it happened ..havent got a clue, but wow is it sore..Went swimming to the pool yesterday..silly comment really where else do you go swimming ..the shops??:H,but the water was really hot ,it was like getting into a hot bath,so only did 36 lengths and got out...Was onto the company about my phone keeps breaking and I keep sending it back..so told them to stick it I want a new one.So new phone arrives Monday..Nokia lumia 720...any one got one? any comments?

right orf we go tea coffee and water on the go

Evening TT,how are you?how is the weekend going?I know you said nothing flash but any change to those plans? i am out tomorrow ...doing my thingy.....today is just a quiet day for me
              As for different forums,yes I read the Army one a lot,also the Newbies,in fact flit around most of them..in fact the only one I dont read is the medical one,no particular reason,but doesnt float my boat,but each to their own and as you say one says doesnt fit all..its what works to gt rid of the alcohol issue

Evening blondie how are you?Glad the water features finally landed...dont forget the pics...worth a thousand words them fings are!As far as the vodka honey n coconut drink goes..as you say add meths antifreeze whatever to the honey and coconut..the al is just there to give it a kick...and you a shitty headache the next day!!!

Morning SF..look time traveller ..evening on the last 2 posts and now I am in morning!! wow whorra guy!!how are you today?I lwell done on the voice issue..the pool was a much better idea!!!:goodjob:

Witts end ....morning to you on your 52nd day ....and a big well done to you.

Morning Lav..yes the sea weed!!!glad you liked that..how are you today?A big well done on the triple F..fag free front!!! 50 months excellent.Are you a kid free zone this weekend or is that debatable?have this coffee and ponder it over ..have a great day

Morning ppqp...crap snickering..what a great title ..fun for all the family ,the office, in fact anywhere..Instructions are seemples

Find one arsey person with an attitude
              throw in a few well chosen remarks either directly or through a third party
              light touchpaper
              Stand well back

Glad you found the rabbits..well lets be honest they are not exactly cammed up..though believe it or not they go through the ha he cant see me routine when they hide under a bush..ones brown and ones white..do they not know this? anyway coffee time.any plans for the weekend?

Det ..hows you? ok will ask that question in 26 hours after your own personal Desert Storm!!If you are going into the weapons market ..go into long range artillery ..then you can sit in the house in the cool about 20 miles away and press the button!!!

Hiya Cat...wow where you are sounds lovely...thats the only thing missing for me...always wanted to live by the sea....still cant complain this is a pretty good second!!any weekend plans?

right..here we go ..crap jokes.com!!!!

What do you call an old Chinese man?

Yung No More

What flavour ice-cream do electricians like to eat?
              Shock-a-lot!

What do you call a Japanese man who has eaten too much rice?

Nowa Nidashi (Now I need a sh*t)

My Wife has this really annoying habit. She keeps breathing.

What do cats love to eat for breakfast?
              Mice Crispies

What do you call a female postal worker in china?

Mai Ling

My wife used to think that I was a control freak but that changed once I started to make deductions from her allowance.

Went to a fancy dress party last night dressed as a loaf of bread, the birds were all over me.

What do you call a Greek man with a tampon on his head??

Abzorba the Greek

I tried cooking with wine for the 1st time last night. After 5 glasses I can?t remember what happened and I woke up on the kitchen floor with an empty bottle.

My clever friend said that onions are the only food that can make you cry. So I threw a coconut in his face.

What do you call a Mexican with a rubber toe???

Roberto

The Prime Minister has recently announced a new initiative to boost our economy. Apparently the Ethiopians are going to be organizing a rock concert for us.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

Morning to you Mick!

Reading your jokes made me remember one (quite an achievement!!)

What do you call a constipated Tongan? Fatoolonga Nopu:H

Aren't y'all glad I'm not the daily joke purveyor...

Will get some piccies tomorrow

Night all...

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

right blondie ..here you go!!!!

Q. What?s got 4 legs and bleeds?

A. Half a spider!

A hypnotist was brutally attacked on stage yesterday after he instructed a member of the audience to pretend to be a lion.

I slept like a log last night?. Woke up in a forest covered with ants.

I went to a psychic the other day and asked her if I was gonna go to jail in the future?.. She said no so I robbed her.

My friend got me a book for my birthday called ?Recipes for Cooking Road-kill?. I found some road-kill the other day, cooked it and it was delicious.. Not sure what to do with the bicycle though.

What do you call a prostitute with a fake tan?

An Orange pay as you go!

It?s a disgrace that the UK has recently lost its AAA credit rating. Just because our main export is Walkers Crisps and half the population is on unemployment benefits doesn?t mean we have a weak economy.

I?m proud to say I donated over $10 million to disabled gymnasts in Eastern Europe last year. Apparently they contacted my bank to let me know that ?the invalid Czechs were bouncing? which is great news.

What do you call an Arab who has a positive attitude and always sees the bright side of life??

A Sunni Muslim

My daughter was born yesterday. I named her after my mother-in-law, she?s called ?passive-aggressive psycho?.

Q:Why did the cow cross the road?

A:To go to the moo-vies

I lost my grandad last year. He?s not dead he?s just wondering round ikea.

My neighbor recently received an unexplained head injury while in his garden and had to go to hospital. Luckily his house is only a stones throw away from mine and I was able to find him and call for help.

This year has seen the coldest winter since records began for countries in the northern hemisphere. It?s been so cold that numerous politicians have actually been seen with their hands in their own pockets.

My wife and I have decided we don?t want children. If anybody does please send me your email address and we can drop them off tomorrow.

Yo mama is so stupid she thought seaweed was something spongebob smokes.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

Good morning Abbers!

Same old weather pattern here again today, yucky
                    Yesterday's heat index was 109 degrees (what it feels like with the actual heat & humidity combined).

Greetings TT! Not easy trying to get kids to eat healthy things but we've gotta keep trying

Witts, awesome on 51 AF days!!!

SF, I don't know how comfortable I would be with colored braces but it is their teeth, right? I hope your son settles in OK with them. I am also grateful that I no longer have to plan activities around drinking time - what a waste that was, huh??

Mick, thanks for the coffee, always appreciated!
                    My plan for the day is to get a bunch of work done that I couldn't do all week while my granddaughter was here. I can't have her around my embroidery machines & computers - no way!
                    I haven't seen my grandsons much this week so I'm sure they will end up here at some point this weekend.

Greeting blondie, I hope you have a nopu day too :H

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

The colored part of the braces is just the tiny brackets and the dr. did a nice job with it. He did Carrie Underwood's teeth....so I have high expectations

We live outside the city...and the area we moved to is rather large and quaint at the same time. It is repeatedly ranked in the top ten of best small towns in America to live in and is broken out into 3 parts....so we are off to explore all the places we have not seen yet. And we have yet to hit up the library....but from what I have seen....it looks to be "quite the library". We love books....someone may need to send a search party for us

We live in the county where top county stars old and new live.....and I thank them for paying their tax dollars....so I can enjoy the benefits

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

Hi, Abbers,

Just a quick check in.

Not feeling well here. Stomach area hurts all over. Weak and unable to do much of anything.

If this keeps up will go to ER tomorrow. Not running fever, so I doubt it is serious but considering last year, I guess I should be careful.

I love to read all the great AF feelings around here.

Even when that silly little bastard tries to chat in my head, I just shake my head and throw him/her off. I can't imagine wanting to go back to that horrible existence.

Take care,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

Hi Cinders :h
                          You take care - especially with your history. You never know what this could be and the sooner your stomach gets looked at by the ER - probably the better.

AS you say there is no way you would want to add AL onto that. Also as you know, many doctors take things more seriously once they know you are really sober for the long haul.:h

On a much lighter note - Lav - colored braces are what the kids do these days. My daughter won't wear black ones (she is not a Goth) but she goes for the colors. Usually blue and green variations - which is actually quite fetching!
                          She once got some pinkish braces but ate some curry (here we go, turmeric stories) and the braces turned a disgusting brown color. However they went back to the original color and it has not stopped her curry-some adventures.

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

Cindi - sure hope you feel better very soon. Don't wait too long to get help, OK?

TT, my kids had no choice on colors for braces back then - they got what they got

OK, here's my afternoon project - good way to beat the heat. This is Vegan carrot cake ice cream churning & it's awesome

AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Saturday 20 July

MAE ALL...

Had a lovely lazy morning then down for a wonderful visit with my Dad. Just popping on and off as I'm heading to my brother's to discuss lawyer matters.

Will have a proper read back/post later but Cindi do be careful. Not sure what happened last year but remember better safe than sorry. :l

Comment

Working...
                              X