Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Friday 2 August

MAE abberoosters

Nothing much to comment on today except to welcome you all back. Any plans for the weekend?
    I had a quick squizz at some of today's posts on MWO (I guess these will be the day before by the time you read this) and gosh, there are really some daft things people post - I seriously doubt if AL has anything to do with their daft-a-bility. Fixated might be a better way to describe how some beings go through life. Help - am trying to be polite and tolerant here!

If Kuya was around she might tell you all about some dreadful atrocities happening to some poor wee animals in Auckland - by some animal-sadist. A vet's nightmare.

Anyway Lav, Cinders, PPQP, Det, Mick, SF, Blondies (x2 there), June, No Sugar - and all others - have a great Friday and say something to perk us up!
    :happy:
    Cheerio

af Friday 2 August

mae..all you wunnerful people how are yiz?all ready for a super sunny special sober Saturday n Sunday?Got quite a bit done yesterday....was out ,but also managed to paint the front room ceiling...twice pain in the ass ..how is it you always mange to miss one little bit???then laid a load of hardcore at the back of the greenhouse,now waiting to put concrete on it,patch plastered and sanded the front room walls,and took the fire surround off.Did all of that,and yet this stupid phone I have got baffled me..skydrive? clouds wtf??Julie reckons its me, but obviously its not!!!Busy busy again today,but need to take it a bit easy,arms a wee bit sore.
    right orf we go then
    Tea n cawfee on the go

Mornin TT...whats a squizz when its at home??my guess a look.My rabbits are at the vets tomorrow..thatll be a horror story...for the vet!!!:H you have a good weekend..oh potted history of NZ..12th cen Polynesians,then Abel Tasman,then James Cook,now anyone :H

Morning Det how are you today mate ..weekend off?have a good one..practice your jokes !!! A Spanish-American day laborer or unskilled farm worker...a peon..well you started it!!

Morning YAH..sorry about the renters..Im sure there swill be more for you.Window air conditioners? we used to have them back home when I was a kid...they were called broken windows!! have a great day

Morning Lav and hows you? hows the cleaning schedule going?Kid free for a couple days now..Watching the new series on the Amish when they go to Florida..they are on the way to Sarasota at the min.Even one of the mothers has left the community in Punx to see her son, despite the fact the "bishops" might excommunicate her..all riveting stuff!!Another brew coming up ..one for you too maam? just got a trailing fuschia flowering in the conservatory its lovely ..called Ant and Dec..nice big full skirt with white petals grew it from a little cutting about an inch tall Any plans for the weekend?

PPQP....hows the hols going? well I hope

Right folksies ..busy day ahead so luv ya and leave ya..big shout to those Ive missed..you aint forgotten

A graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
    A graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"

A graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much it cost?"

A graduate with a liberal arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

Two Irishmen walk into a pet shop. Right away they go to the bird section and Sean says to Paddy; "Dat''s Dem". The shopkeeper comes over and asks if he can help.
    "Yeah, we''ll take four of dem dere budgies in dat cage op dere", says Mick, "Put dem in a pepper bag"
    The shopkeeper does as asked and the two pay for the birds and leave. They get into Mick''s van and drive until they reach a cliff with a 500ft drop.
    "Dis looks loike a grand place", says Mick.
    He then takes the two birds out of the bag, places them on his shoulders and jumps off the cliff.
    Paddy watches as his friend drops off the edge and goes straight down for a few seconds followed by a loud "Splat!"
    As Paddy looks over the edge of the cliff he shakes his head.
    "Focket Dat," Paddy says, "dis budgie jumpin'' is too dangerous for me..."
    A few minutes later, Seamus approaches. He too has been to the pet shop and is carrying the familiar 'pepper bag.'
    Seamus pulls a parrot out of the bag and Paddy notices that in the other hand Seamus is carrying a gun.
    "Watch this Paddy" he says, as he launches himself over the edge of the cliff.
    Paddy watches as half way down Seamus takes the gun and blows the parrot''s head off. Seamus continues to plummet until he joins Sean''s mashed remains at the bottom of the cliff.
    Paddy shakes his head and says, "An oim never troyin'' that parrotshooting oider..."
    After a few minutes, Danny strolls up. He too has been to the pet shop and walks up with his 'pepper bag.'
    Danny pulls a chicken out of the bag. He puts the chicken above his head, holds its legs and launches himself off the cliff with the same result.
    Once more Paddy shakes his head.
    "For me life Danny, first der was Sean wit his budgie jumpin, den Seamus parrotshooting and now you fockin'' hengliding..."

A woman went down to the Welfare Office to get aid. The office worker asked her, "How many children do you have?"
    "Ten," she replied.
    "What are their names?" he asked.
    "David, David, David, David, David, David, David, David, David and David," she answered.
    "They're all named David?" he asked "What if you want them to come in from playing outside?"
    "Oh, that's easy," she said. "I just call 'David,' and they all come running in."
    "And, if you want them to come to the table for dinner?"
    "I just say, 'David, come eat your dinner'," she answered.
    "But what if you just want ONE of them to do something?" he asked.
    "Oh, that's easy," she said. "I just use their last name!"

In the backwoods of Arkansas, Mr. Stewart's wife went into labor in the middle of the night. The doctor was called in to assist in the delivery.

To keep the nervous father-to-be busy, the doctor handed him a lantern and said, "Here, you hold this high so I can see what I'm doing." Soon, a baby boy was brought into the world.

"Don't be in a rush to put the lantern down. I think there's yet another wee one to come." Sure enough, within minutes he had delivered another baby.

"Now don't be in a great hurry to be putting down that lantern, young man. It seems there's yet another!" cried the doctor.

The new father scratched his head in bewilderment and asked the doctor. "Do ya think it's the light that's attractin' them?"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Friday 2 August

Good morning Abbers!

Greetings TT, Mick & everyone
      My granny butt is dragging this morning so I guess I'm going to need a little extra coffee to get myself in gear :H :H

TT, so you have found out that we're not all geniuses? :H
      I guess we really are all different!

Mick, you are a busy guy!
      Keep looking at that Amish Facebook page & you will soon realize that Lancaster County, PA is the land of non-geniuses :H

I have a full day planned for myself so no time to get into trouble here.
      My nephew will be visiting tomorrow, haven't seen him since my son's wedding 7 years ago. I think he's feeling the need to reconnect with family now since my brother passed away, Unfortunately his mother & sister are not interested what a shame. I've always had a good relationship with my nephew so he's welcome here

Have a great AF Friday everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X