af day Monday 5th Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Monday 5th Aug

MAE everyone..how are you all on the booze bustin cruise??...but firstly.....

YAH HAS DONE IT....12 MONTHS AF ..well done :applaud:

hope there are many more to go for you....

Tea and coffee on the go for all.

Morning tt...oops..evening it is over there..and hows your day been?ok I hope.moi more decorating to do ,weather outside is abs rubbish anyway, plus needs to be done...reckon you arent far off the 12 month mark now are you? I did have a list of them all..but lost it!!!

Morning SF..how are you today? if you want to develop a foreign strand to your OCD skillls..just ask..plenty over here at the mo!!

Morning Lav...hows you today?Xtreme child minding coming up...ok ..one large coffee to see you through..rain is pelting down here at the moment..got yet another phone ...now on no 3..Samsung Galaxy S3...at least I can work this one..oh and it makes phone calls!!

Hiya Samstone and hows things with you today? ok I hope

not many on here today ,but thats life ..as long as we are all af..including the lurkers!!! have a grrrrrrrrreat day

A man with a winking problem is applying for a position as a sales representative for a large firm. The interviewer looks over his papers and says, ?This is phenomenal. You?ve graduated from the best schools; your recommendations are wonderful, and your experience is unparalleled. Normally, we?d hire you without a second thought. However, a sales representative has a highly visible position, and we?re afraid that your constant winking will scare off potential customers. I?m sorry?.we can?t hire you.?
    ?But wait,? he said. ?If I take two aspirin, I?ll stop winking!?
    ?Really? Great! Show me!?
    So the applicant reaches into his jacket pocket and begins pulling out all sorts of condoms: red condoms, blue condoms, ribbed condoms, flavored condoms; finally, at the bottom, he finds a packet of aspirin. He tears it open, swallows the pills, and stops winking.
    ?Well,? said the interviewer, ?that?s all well and good, but this is a respectable company, and we will NOT have our employees womanizing all over the country!?
    ?Womanizing? What do you mean? I?m a happily married man!?
    ?Well then, how do you explain all these condoms??

Dress Code:
    1) You are advised to come to work dressed according to your salary.
    2) If we see you wearing Prada shoes and carrying a Gucci bag, we will assume you are doing well financially and therefore do not need a raise.
    3) If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better, so that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a raise.
    4) If you dress just right, you are right where you need to be and therefore you do not need a raise.
    Sick Days:
    We will no longer accept a doctor?s statement as proof of sickness. If you are able to go to the doctor, you are able to come to work.
    Personal Days: Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year. They are called Saturdays & Sundays.
    Bereavement Leave:
    This is no excuse for missing work. There is nothing you can do for dead friends, relatives or co-workers. Every effort should be made to have non-employees attend the funeral arrangements in your place. In rare cases where employee involvement is necessary, the funeral should be scheduled in the late afternoon. We will be glad to allow you to work through your lunch hour and subsequently leave one hour early.
    Bathroom Breaks:
    Entirely too much time is being spent in the toilet. There is now a strict three-minute time limit in the stalls. At the end of three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the stall door will open, and a picture will be taken. After your second offense, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board under the ?Chronic Offenders? category. Anyone caught smiling in the picture will be sectioned under the company?s mental health policy.
    Lunch Break: (Love this one)
    * Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch, as they need to eat more, so that they can look healthy.
    * Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to get a balanced meal to maintain their average figure.
    * Chubby people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that?s all the time needed to drink a Slim-Fast.
    Thank you for your loyalty to our company. We are here to provide a positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments, concerns, complaints, frustrations, irritations, aggravations, insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternation and input should be directed elsewhere.

A professor is sent to darkest Africa to live with a primitive tribe. He spends years with them, teaching them reading, writing, math and science.
    One day the wife of the tribe?s chief gives birth to a white child. The tribe is shocked, and the chief pulls the professor aside and says, ?Look here! You?re the only white man we?ve ever seen and this woman gives birth to a white child. It doesn?t take a genius to figure out what happened!?
    The professor replied, ?No, Chief. You?re mistaken. What you have here is a natural occurrence, what we in the civilized world call an albino! Look at that field over there. All of the sheep are white except for one black one. Nature does this on occasion.?
    The chief was silent for a moment, then said, ?Tell you what. You don?t say anything more about that sheep and I won?t say anything more about that white child.?

An elderly woman walked into a doctor?s office and told the doctor that she and her husband had not been intimate in years. She said that her husband seemed to have a lack of desire. After listening to the woman for a while, the doctor said, ?I have just thething. Have your husband take two of these pills right before dinner?.?
    The next morning, the woman stormed into the doctor?s office and exclaimed, ?You have to change my husband?s prescription!! It is much too strong!! I gave him the pills before dinner, just like you told me, and halfway through dinner they took effect. He got a wild look in his eyes, then pulled the tablecloth off the table breaking all of the dishes!! Then he threw me onto the table, and we made love right there!!
    ?I feel awful,? said the doctor. ?Let me at least pay for all of the broken dishes.?
    ?Don?t worry about it,? replied the woman, ?we just won?t eat at that restaurant any more!!?

Aunt Mary and two of her old friends were having a glass of lemonade at her house, and talking about their health problems.
    ?I think I must be getting old.? said one of the women. ?I sometimes find myself at the foot of the stairs, and I can?t remember if I was going up to get something, or coming back down.?
    ?I know what you mean,? added the second friend. ?Sometimes I?ll be standing in front of the refrigerator, and I can?t remember if I wanted to take something out, or if I had just put something in.?
    Aunt Mary sat up. ?I guess I?m better off than either of you. I haven?t had any problems like that so far, knock on wood?. Saying that, she rapped on the table three times. She looked at the other two women and stood up. ?Excuse me,? she said, ?Someone?s at the door.?

Top Ten Signs You Have Nothing To Do At Work

10. You have developed Repetitive Stress Disorder from playing Solitare.
    9. You?ve actually figured out a way to get Gilligan off the island.
    8. People only come to your office to borrow pencils from the ceiling.
    7. In an effort to exercise your creative side you knit a computer cozy.
    6. You create an on-going email dialog with your computer at home.
    5. No longer content with merely photo-copying your butt, you now scan it and enhance it using Photoshop.
    4. After months of taking frequent breaks, you now only require a single can of coke to belch the names of all seven dwarves.
    3. You discover that staring at your cubicle wall long enough produces images of Elvis.
    2. The 18-hole 3 par mini-golf course in your office.
    1. The 4th Division of Paper Clips has overrun the Push pin Infantry and General White-Out has called for a new skirmish.

FOR SALE BY OWNER
    Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannic. 45 volumes. Excellent condition. $1,000.00 or best offer. No longer needed. Got married last weekend. Wife knows f*cking everything.

A very elderly couple is having an elegant dinner to celebrate their 75th wedding anniversary. The old man leans forward and says softly to his wife, ?Dear, there is something that I must ask you. It has always bothered me that our tenth child never quite looked like the rest of our children. Now I want to assure you that these 75 years have been the most wonderful experience I could have ever hoped for, and your answer cannot take that all that away. But, I must know, did he have a different father??
    The wife drops her head, unable to look her husband in the eye, she paused for a moment and then confessed. ?Yes. Yes he did.?
    The old man is very shaken, the reality of what his wife was admitting hit him harder than he had expected. With a tear in his eye he asks ?Who? Who was he? Who was the father??
    Again the old woman drops her head, saying nothing at first as she tried to muster the courage to tell the truth to her husband. Then, finally, she says, ?You.?

A guy walked into a bar with a pet alligator by his side. He put the alligator up on the bar and turned to the astonished patrons. ?I?ll make you a deal. I?ll open this alligator?s mouth and place my genitals inside. Then the gator will close his mouth for one minute. He?ll then open his mouth and I?ll remove my unit unscathed. In return for witnessing this spectacle, each of you will buy me a drink.?
    The crowd murmured their approval.
    The man stood up on the bar, dropped his trousers, and placed his privates in the alligator?s open mouth. The gator closed his mouth as the crowd gasped. After a minute, the man grabbed a beer bottle and rapped the alligator hard on the top of its head.
    The gator opened his mouth and the man removed his genital, unscathed as promised. The crowd cheered and the first of his free drinks was delivered. The man stood up again and made another offer.
    ?I?ll pay anyone $100 who?s willing to give it a try.? A hush fell over the crowd.
    After a while, a hand went up in the back of the bar. A blond woman timidly spoke up, ?I?ll try, but you have to promise not to hit me on the head with the beer bottle.?
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Monday 5th Aug

Congrats Yah - AF dancer :dancin:extraordinaire and all round cheerful buddy to have on the thread - way to go lady!

CONGRATULATIONS FROM THE SOUTH POLE

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for the start up Mick & the coffee!
      Good luck with your newest phone! I've been pretty happy with my iPhone 4 but I guess I will have to upgrade it at some point. Even the two year olds know how to use it :H

CONGRATS on your 1 year AF anniversary YahYah :yay:
      Be very proud of yourself & treat yourself to something nice today
      Life is so much better without the eternal hangovers.

TT, greetings to you & I hope you are having a great day!

Yes, this is the start of week 5 of extreme babysitting. My granddaughter is a little powerhouse ~ so different from the boys. Hard to explain really!

have a great AF Monday everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

Thank you everyone! It was so touching to wake up to your thoughtful congratulations. :l It is hard to believe that it has been a year already! Your support has meant so much to me on this journey, from Mick's jokes and steady head to all of your stories of your own ups and downs and a shoulder to cry on for my own woes.

THANK YOU!!! :l :l :l

Anyway, lots to do today. I've got so many tomatoes, it's downright depressing. I really need a separate freezer, but it is certainly a want, not a need, at this point in my life. I guess I'll be giving many of them away.

Have a great day, Mick, how are your projects coming along? How is the old arm holding up?

Thank you TT. The feeling is mutual, my friend!

Ah, Lav, what a good grandma you are! Yeah, those girls take a lot of work, don't they?

Well, hugs to SF, PPQP, Sam, Cinders and all, posters and lurkers.

Got a meeting this morning, so gotta run!

:l
        YahYah
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

hi everybody,congrats yah! ill take some of those tomatoes of your hands,i love them on everything,i hope everyone has a great monday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

Yah.....trade you some courgettes and cucumbers for the toms
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

Thank you Pauly!

Gosh, I wish I could get you all some tomatoes! What pisses me off is that when I thought I was going to have to move, I gave away a HUGE freezer. :upset: I ended up not moving. It's one of the few things I've given away that I've regretted.

I will happily trade tomatoes for courgettes and cukes, Mick. Oh, and about the manure, we'll have to figure out how to get it across the pond, and I will likely be using much of it for my own gardens, but we can give it a try.

My meeting was cancelled so I ended up at the garden and was interviewed by the local newspaper, supposedly to be in tomorrow's issue. We'll see. LOL

:l
              YahYah

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

My tomato plants are sorry looking this year YahYah. Too much rain I think.
                Now we want to read this interview tomorrow
                There's aways extra chicken poop around for everyone's gardens :H
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

since were talking gardens,my poor squash and cuke plants are dead,dead! sux cuz i grew them from seeds in the window,and they were getting so big and lush,now dead,dang hot dry vegas!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

Extracting myself from the depths of a (good) project hole to say....I am just so happy for you YAH! You have made such substantive brain changes over this past year that you are solidly moving ahead with true normal living....free of addiction....and free to continue growing healthier and stronger and more confident every day. You are are a great and awesome inspiration!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

I just "harvested" 1 small tomato and 2 cherry tomatoes. I'm sure glad our eating doesn't depend on my agricultural skills! Usually I'm giving tomatoes away by this point! Cool and rainy weather has resulted in the sorriest looking plants I've ever had :upset:. And bugs have eaten my cruciferous vegetables and most of the peppers :upset::upset:.

Fortunately, several successful organic farmers come to the 2 markets I try to visit each week so we're still enjoying tasty produce .

It's been kind of a bum summer but I'm still flying so high about my New Life, it doesn't even bother me too much.

Hope all of you are doing well, no matter what the weather where you are. :h NS

PS I posted on your dedicated thread but you can't hear it too many times....CONGRATULATIONS YAH!!!

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

NS, my veggie garden pretty much stinks this year BUT my two peach trees are pretty happy. The stink bugs didn't destroy the fruit this year for a change. Maybe they all drowned in the heavy rains. My granddaughter helped do some initial peach picking today

AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

Congrats!

Congrats on one year...YahYah!:goodjob:

Just think if the interviewer had happened by a year ago I don't garden, I leave most things to the professionals.

Have a great evening!

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

A dedicated thread? Uh oh!

Thanks for the drop in, Turn.

You guys are all making me blush!

Love the peaches, Lav. I haven't seen too many stink bugs this year. I hope they are all drowned! Now the chickens are prolific poopers, I've seen.

Comment

af day Monday 5th Aug

Mega Hooooorays for young at Heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a marvelous thing to be walking this journey with you dear one.

whew! checked into the second hotel since Sunday here in 'lovely' downtown Oakland Kalifornia. just got my ass handed to me by the elliptical machine. never done that particular exercise before and I'm having trouble walking, good grief!

Lav, what a cutie you have there!

SamStone, welcome aboard the mighty ship AF!

had lunch at a traditional Filipino restaurant today.... garlic marinated fried whole milk-fish. yummo!

for dinner I'm thinking Vietnamese.....

sales figures are up so bosses are happy. yay! times like this I have to be careful not to celebrate the wrong way. far from home, lonely etc etc. so exercising and eating right are the story of my day.
                              and some hypno tonight.

geeky health tip for the day: don't eat thompson seedless grapes. they may be conveniently seedless but they are also a genetic mutation missing the two vital antioxidants: resveratrol (and I forget the other one). instead go for organic concord grapes. and not the juice.... the whole grape.

be well family
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X