Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 11 August

MAE - its Sunday here abberoos!

Quite a bit on the thread yesterday - mice, weapons, children, work, Ikea - just a few of the things we face in our post AL days.
    First off - congrats to SAMSTONE again on 90 days - thats wonderful mate, you are really on the way now and soon it will be more and more days. Where did you get your avatar from? It always makes me think of sandstone. A beautiful rock for carving with but very soft and slippery when wet. Inuit used it a lot in their carvings.

Mick - thank heavens for daughters growing up and getting on with their lives! You must be proud and I know you are despite the jokes about money. I was really thankful for my girl yesterday - as I did not have a good day - my self doubts, self appraisal and mounting depression is still there. But I was able to talk to my daughter - not in great detail and not to make her worry I hope - and she was just so supportive and loving.

Cinders - well the play 'The Mosuetrap' is one of the longest running in London. :H Wonder why? Seriously, I suggest you try to get the poison way in a locked cupboard - its just so dangerous, even with labels. We have lots of stories of things going wrong on farms here.

PPQP- how is your eye now? Think carefully about the work options. I may have to move offices in the future too ? and this isjust after redecorating. We can have a global move offices party:band2: Sounds like Sunflower might like to join in this too!

YahYah ? good luck with your house sale and I am sending you lots of positive vibes (I don?t have a lot at the moment but you can sure have some).

How is the hunting Det? We have a dilemma with that in NZ. All of the huntable animals here today were introduced by the European colonisers. A few tourists (esp rich Americans) pay big bucks to hunt deer in our spectacular landscape. But the animals breed too fast and are destroying the native forest (and hence the birdlife, insects, causes erosion, flooding etc etc) so the environmental argument is that the animals need to be destroyed more quickly than by hunting. Big bucks hunting does not like this. The local hunting groups reckon they can still do the job though.

Hi there Pauly! Great to see you posting here everyday. How is your weekend going?

Lav ? the sunshine has been here ? although I think we are in for some wintery weather this week. (try saying that really fast)

I am really glad I have you guys ? at first I was very sceptical about the value of an on-line support group for alkies as so many internet groups are full of bogus trolls and well we all know that alkies (esp when tanked up) can be notorious tellers of mis-truths or at least exaggerate a tad?.. But this thread has not been like this and its really great that we can share about life after AL as well as the AL crises. I also find it valuable to be able to go on-line at any time and not have to schedule another meeting to get AL support (which can fill one with dread, or just not work for some).

Now who is missing? Blondie ? where are you???? June and No Sugar ? I see you post on other threads, so hi there.

Have a great Sunday and a new week ahead.

af Sunday 11 August

More on the wine as a health promotion thing and the rubbish stories.This time a New Zealand company called "Balancing Act"

Doctors See Red Over Wine Label's Cancer Protection... | Stuff.co.nz

Comment

af Sunday 11 August

TT.....sorry you are still worrying about work. It has to be stressful to wait. As long as you did nothing wrong I would not worry. If I have made a mistake I am the first to point it out and do what needs to be done to fix it. But I do suffer from an over active mind. And have worried myself over nothing.

Loved the article on wine. Maybe wine drinkers have less heart attacks because the liver gives out first:H

I never really thought about being neutral about al being a milestone. It surely is though. I avoided as many places as possible for a long time. Now that I know I won't be tormented by ridiculous thoughts I don't have to anticipate events. I still would not put myself in a heavy drinking situation, but honestly I would not go because it does not appeal to me. I've wasted too much precious time.

Lav....can you believe I have never been to an IKEA?

YAH....nothing like a woman about to go crazy:H. I actually threaten my kids with it, once in awhile they need a dose of it to keep them semi in order. Fingers crossed on the house!

PPQ....in my current position I have a lot of flexibility. Being in sales I can be out of the office and nobody questions where I am. It's great for getting in a yoga class or dentist appointment. It's when I am in the office they question why am I not out selling. In this office though they are really lenient because they are aware there a nights I work late....I could find and have been offered positions that make more money. I value my freedom too much.

Sam milestones are great and everyone reacts differently. I liked it in the nest when it was said if your eyes have not changed color, you can assume that your brain chemistry has not. I think for me milestones meant.....well I have gotten this far certainly I am over this bad habit....or worse what will a few nights hurt....I can get sober again. Spoken like a true dumbass

Comment

af Sunday 11 August

hello all,
        somewhere along the way I missed 10th, guess it's the 11th over "yonder". That's one of the things I enjoy about this site is that folks from all over are here.

Thank you all so much for my 90 days congrats... I owe a lot to people here that I can post when I get feeling the urge to drink and boy it has happened more than once, that urge, especially in the evenings.

TT, my avatar is a picture of Mt. Rainier I took a couple years ago when hiking around it. Every time I go there I think I've gone to heaven, but then each time the weather has been very cooperative.

SF, I get what you mean... been sober a couple times for 2 years +/- and then back at it again. Each time, it took longer to come back around.

best to all
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Sunday 11 August

quick hiya to all as we speak just putting my kit at the door for the off in 10 minutes ...hope everyone is good ...speak later
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 11 August

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off and the eye is going to be fine. Little bit of Iritis left but it's treatable.

SF...it is a toss up. Currently I am on contract and the new job would see me a full time salaried employee, job security? There is huge need for an administer which I am more than capable of doing but would definitely loose my flexible freedom. More work on "the list" today.

Sam...evenings can be really tough, we've all been there. I wish I had found MWO years ago, so much wasted time. Onward to 6 months, we're with you.

Mick...thanks for popping in and you're excused for not leaving coffee. Enjoy your mysterious Sunday outing.

Great visit with my Dad yesterday, AA meeting today and finishing the pro/con list is on my agenda. Have a great AF Sunday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af Sunday 11 August

Good morning Abbers,

Made my own coffee this morning, no problem

TT, since you have the sun in your neighborhood, bundle up & get outside - always helps me feel better in the winter

SF, once you go to IKEA you'll want to keep going back. They have neat stuff, good prices but stay away from the meatballs :H

Sam, I've been to the west coast a few times but have never seen Mt Ranier - looks awesome!
              Who knows? Maybe I'll get there some day

Mick, I hope you are having a good day doing whatever you are doing!

PQ, there's a lot to be said for job security but staying on the AF, sane track is just as important IMHO. I hope you are happy, whatever you choose to do!

I am a Quitnet member & saw this morning that I am 1545 days smoke-free, yay! Made me wonder how many AF days I have. I used JackieClaire's date/duration calculator & saw that I have 1600 AF days today - yay!

Yeah, I am definitely keeping my quits going!
              Have a great AF Sunday everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 11 August

happy sunday! samstone,that picture is so perfect it looks like a postcard,horrible allergies again last nite for me,called it an early nite,i really hate that! hope everybody has a great sunday
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Sunday 11 August

MAE all,

A bit of a ho-hum, boring day here. I'm a little lonely. A friend was supposed to come visit me this weekend, but cancelled late this week. Feeling a little sorry for myself, and conflicted. I'd love to be self-indulgent and just read and relax, but there is so much to do around here. I don't feel like doing it, though. Maybe I'll try to get a little done and then do some reading.

On a positive note, I did do some dancing last night, and my foot doesn't feel any better or worse than it did yesterday.

Still keeping my fingers crossed about the PA house.

Sorry it's me, me, me. I hope everyone else is having a good day.

:l
                  YahYah
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Sunday 11 August

Happy sunday ABeroooos!

wow Lav! that's a lot of AF and NF time, how fab is that!

Sam, I have fond memories of hiking Mt Ranier as a lad when I lived in WA state. Living here in the desert I really miss those big trees and rivers in the northwest.

TTops, I only 'hunt' paper and steel targets, no animals. I don't have anything against it so long as it's for food and not trophies and is done in an ecologically sound manner. I had no idea you had so many deer over there. I'd like to get my Dad over there for a fly-fishing expedition some day.

health tip for the day: smash/chop your garlic 10 minutes before eating/cooking with it. that immensely increases the production of allicin which is its primary medicinal component.

with that....it's time to chop some garlic!

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Sunday 11 August

I'll tell you how fab it is Det......
                      I went out today & bought myself a brand new TV for my living room with the money not spent on addictive substances. Of course, I made YB drive it home from the store in his truck, carry it in 7 get it set up :H :H
                      I made hummus with my grandson yesterday, put tons of garlic in it & thought of you

YahYah, I figure we're only human so it's OK to have an 'off day' once in a while. I should be paying some bills right now & doing paperwork, etc but I'm not. I'll get to it tomorrow! Glad to hear your foot is holding up!
                      I hope your buyers are qualified. We sold our last house without a realtor.....long story. I had to sift through all the people wanting to buy the house & find the one that couldbuy the house. It was a pain in the ass but I saved a whole lot of money :H

Greetings pauly & anyone else dropping in today!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                      X