af Fri 16 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Fri 16 August

MAE abbers. I won't say much and will leave it up to Mick to make the brew and brew the jokes. I woke up too early after my sleep last night so have not been as much of a chirpy-bird as I would have liked to be today. Feeling a bit flat and since you all surely like to wake up to an energetic post - I won't say much. Its Friday night and to be honest I feel a bit bored - and anxious - the latter about all sorts of things. Not so much physical anxiety as specific issues.
    I did make a chocolate cake with fresh orange icing - and a non-paleo vegetable and cheese casserole. Probably not want you want for breakfast when you read your Friday post
    News here is that there have been some more big earthquakes but no people damage - thank goodness. I don't live in the current quake part of the country but we are earthquake prone pretty much everywhere in our islands.

Have a great Friday and post lots of news!:thanks:

af Fri 16 August

Friday 16/17/18.5/19/20

mae all..how are we today then? well after yesterdays fiasco with the date you will notice that I have put several dates in...just pick the one that suits you and delete the rest!!! :H weather lovely today ..if you are a duck!!! its absolutely persisting it down..All up and ready for the weekend? right orf we jolly well go...tea n coffee on the go now too..moi I am int cup number 2

Evenin TT well the end of a long crappy week for you..but its done n dusted.youve been worried annoyed.,pissed off down in the dumps ,angry fed up ,tearful...ok ok Ill shurrup now..but guess what- thru all of it you didnt resort to the bottle so there you go ..you now know that it isnt a dependency and that you can beat it..you have just proved it to yourself so well done ..any plans for the weekend? bet you have got sunshine down there now havent you?

Morning Lav and how are you today? So Sept 9 is DDay for the new squadron to land is it?Dont forget the pics.As for taking time off..nope not so sure I do know how ..sometimes wish I could ,but to be fair there is so much to do and I dont mind it..think the 3 things that happened to me sorted my head out a wee bit.
    stroke..makes you realise no matter what you think , you aint bullet proof so do as much as you can that you want to do in your life
    retirement..spent a lot of time in the forces and the prison service which ok were important and challenging jobs, but at the end there was no output ..there was outcome but no actual product if that makes sense.Now when I do something I can do it and see a result for my efforts plus I have got the time to do it properly
    No drinking..definitely changed my attitude from being nasty irritable cant be arsed at times,lacking in confidence in "doing things"to being more positive and thinking actually you can do this..example .if anyone had told me 14 months ago Iwould have the fireplace out rebrick and tile it, and channel lights in I would have thought them mad.Its not that I couldnt more that I didnt have confidence or inclination..
    Boy oh boy you asked for that one!!!
    Quick another coffee...at the moment I have got a big pan of leek and lentil broth on the go that I am making,then freeze it up..if it ever reaches the freezer!!!right enuff yakking have a great day

Hiya ppqp ..hows you after your "first till five yesterday"?all ok ..well thats you 1 year 1 day now..well chuffed for you..did you ever look at some of the time ins and think wish that was me?I know I did..and now we are in that gang.Any plans for the weekend?You should be getting the gardening gang ready..one large celebration caaafee for you

Morning Sam hows you today mate? all set for the weekend? any plans?

Yo groggy paully..hey that sounds like a rap title or something :H how are you today..need some caffeine? here you go

Hiya yah.... how are ou today? well yes the rain did slow me down a wee bitty ..but not to stop mode!As for the house ..can safely say we are all rootin for you on this one

Cinders ..good morning to you..how are things with you today? ok I hope..I remind you of your husband..why is he a mad jock too :H have a good one

Morning SF hows you today? Weekend time ..any plans ..perhaps another dip in the freezing pool..strange how kids will do that and it doesnt bother them ..and yet you send them out for any purpose bar playing and they would moan about the cold!!..have a good weekend.

Morning Det how are you today now that you have escaped from the land of bureaucracy? ready for the weekend? any plans you usually go out hiking or shooting dont you?

just thought I would check and make sure tt hasnt posted ..yep beat me to the post!!hiya TT just read your post..how come your feeling flat? you been run over by a steam roller? ok ok />
    Why did the hedgehog cross the road ?
    to see his flat mate

Seriously tho read my post to you ..you should be proud of yourself ..so get those smiley chops a smilin!!!

right folks offski c yawl have a great day/evening

how many faces can you find???

A woman accompanied her husband to the doctor's office.

After his checkup, the doctor called the wife into his office alone. He said, "Your husband is suffering from a very severe stress disorder. If you don't follow my instructions carefully, your husband will surely die.

"Each morning, fix him a healthy breakfast. Be pleasant at all times. For lunch make him a nutritious meal. For dinner prepare an especially nice meal for him.

"Don't burden him with chores. Don't discuss your problems with him; it will only make his stress worse. Do not nag him. Most importantly, make love to him regularly.

"If you can do this for the next 10 months to a year, I think your husband will regain his health completely."

On the way home, the husband asked his wife, "What did the doctor say?"

"He said you're going to die," she replied.

What do you call a fake noodle??? An impasta.

I stepped on a cornflake this morning...I'm a cereal killer now!

Women on their period always ovary act.

And the thing about my jokes is, they don't hurt anybody. You can take 'em or leave 'em - you can say they're funny or they're terrible or they're good, or whatever, but you can just pass 'em by. But with Congress, every time they make a joke, it's a law! And every time they make a law, it's a joke!

Jack decided to go skiing with his buddy, Bob. They loaded up Jack's minivan and headed north. After driving for a few hours, they got caught in a terrible blizzard. They pulled into a nearby farm house and asked the attractive lady who answered the door if they could spend the night.

"I realize it's terrible weather out there and I have this huge house all to myself, but I'm recently widowed," she explained, "and I'm afraid the neighbors will talk if I let you stay in my house."

"Not to worry," Jack said, "we'll be happy to sleep in the barn, and if the weather breaks, we'll be gone at first light.

The lady agreed and the two men found their way to the barn and settled in for the night. Come morning, the weather had cleared and they got on their way and enjoyed a great weekend of skiing.

About nine months later, Jack got an unexpected letter from an attorney. It took him a few minutes to figure it out, but he finally determined that it was from the attorney of that attractive widow he met on the ski weekend.

He dropped in on his friend Bob and asked: "Bob, do you remember that good-looking widow from the farm we stayed at on our ski holiday up north."

"Yes, I do."

"Did you happen to get up in the middle of the night, go up to the house and have sex with her?"

"Yes," he said, a little embarrassed about being found out, "I have to admit that I did."

"And did you happen to use my name instead of telling her your name?"

Bob's face turned red and he said, "Yeah, sorry buddy, I'm afraid I did. Why do you ask?"

"No need to apologize, Bob. She just died and left me everything!"

A pheasant was standing in a field chatting to a bull. I would love to be able to get to the top of yonder tree, sighed the pheasant, but I haven't got the energy.

"Well, why don't you nibble on some of my droppings replied the bull." They're packed with nutrients.

The pheasant pecked at a lump of dung and found that it actually gave him enough strength to reach the first branch of the tree.

The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch, and so on. Finally, after a fortnight, there he was proudly perched at the top of the tree.

Whereupon he was spotted by a farmer who dashed into the farmhouse, emerged with a shotgun, and shot the pheasant right out of the tree.

The Moral of the Story: Bullshit might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.

A man walked into the ladies department of a Macy's, one of the largest department store chains. He shyly walked up to the woman behind the counter and said, "I'd like to buy a bra for my wife."

"What type of bra?" asked the clerk.

"Type?" inquires the man. "There is more than one type?"

"Look around," said the saleslady, as she showed a sea of bras in every shape, size, color, and material. "Actually, even with all of this variety, there are really only three types of bras," replied the salesclerk.

Confused, the man asked what were the types.

The saleslady replied, "The Catholic type, the Salvation Army type and the Baptist type. Which one do you need?"

Still confused, the man asked, "What is the difference between them?"

The lady responded, "It is all really quite simple. The Catholic type supports the masses, the Salvation Army type lifts up the fallen, and the Baptist type makes mountains out of mole hills."

Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.
    Law of Probability- The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.
    Law of Random Numbers - If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal and someone always answers.
    Supermarket Law - As soon as you get in the smallest line, the cashier will have to call for help.
    Variation Law -If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Fri 16 August

TT....sorry you are feeling so down. Looks like you need a few p's.....I'll let you borrow some given to me.

Mick your post is funny about the change in you. I know the feeling of doing work and not actually seeing an output. I work in advertising and the work is never ending....but nothing I could take a photo of. I don't like to clean the house.....but always have a sense of accomplishment when it's done....because I can see it.

Well....apparently the prayer was answered. Woke up at 430a and decided to stay up. Now I am waiting for hubby to wake up so I can get on the stairmaster! Maybe I'll start doing the dishes loudly....no that would encourage him to stay in bed!

Problem with this morning stuff....I still like to stay up late on weekends. It's the kid in me

The other day I was driving, rushing to get to a luncheon....got lost and out of nowhere this little voice in my head said...it'll be nice when you have a drink tonight. This was not a voluntary thought....rather a subconscious reaction.....I took it for what it was....still undoing 20 years of thinking....nothing more. Got to my luncheon visited with several people.....in the past I would not have bothered to go

Comment

af Fri 16 August

SF..well done on binning the voice...now be honest could/would you have done that 6 months ago? :goodjob:
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Fri 16 August

Good morning Abbers & happy Friday

TT, sounds like you are due for a much better week - hang in there, it will come
          I have learned to not let the bullshit pile up in my head, that's dangerous. I purposely look for all the good stuff in my life & keep my focus there, it really helps me get thru the tougher times.

Mick, you have managed to circumvent life's stuff very well
          You should be a happy & proud guy for all you have accomplished. No one ever said it was going to be easy, right? You have the right attitude & the power of positivity.
          My spouse, YB collapsed (emotionally) after his retirement from the PD. I actually saw it coming on a few years before he retired. His negativity just grew by leaps & bounds & he fell into complete darkness. Unfortunately I fell too & that's what the crazy drinking was all about. I am so grateful I climbed my way out of that dark hole ~ will never go there again.

SF, there must be something in the air waking us up way too early this week. I wish it would go away, I'm dragging a bit myself!

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF Friday.
          I'm off to Curves with absolutely no energy whatsoever :H

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Fri 16 August

MAE ALL...

TT...one air pump being sent priority post. Sure hope things turn around for you soon. I remember my last "flatness" bout and it's not fun. Thinking of you.

Mick...thanks for the coffee. We're going to have to come up with a special blend for TT when she wakes up. "I have put several dates in...just pick the one that suits you and delete the rest!!!" Scrolled all the way to the top to see the thread title and only one date. Thought to myself what's he talking about. Scrolled back to post and saw the numbers in the post title. Funny, never even noticed them before reading your post. Yup, I remember the wishful thinking and like you say now we're one of them. Feels pretty darn good. Was just wondering if ducks and rabbits get along, enjoy your rainy day.

SF...it really throws you when those thoughts pop out of nowhere doesn't it! "Got to my luncheon visited with several people.....in the past I would not have bothered to go."
            ....and there's the proof of all the growing you've been doing. I'm proud of you.

Lav...we're glad you were able to crawl out of that hole as well. When I'm feeling down I listen to what I'm telling myself in my head and it's usually all negative. Even just acknowledging that helps me get into gratitude thinking and that's the best place to be. Enjoy curves if you can get through the circuit.

No training today as the current office coordinator is taking the day off. At least I'll be able to go over everything she showed me yesterday and take my time with it. Have a great AF Friday all and all to come.....PPQP

ps...thanks again for yesterday :h

Comment

af Fri 16 August

Hello all
              quickly saying hello and good bye... I just lost my post and it was somewhat wordy and I ain't two finger typing it all again. Hope you all have a great weekend. I appreciate everyone here.
              Lazy Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Fri 16 August

Morning Sam...well that makes you officially part of the gang. :H We've all been there and totally understand not re-posting. Enjoy your day....PPQP

Comment

af Fri 16 August

MAE Fabbies!

TT, sorry that you're feeling flat. Thanks for letting us know. I think it just happens periodically. I hope things get better and you have a restful weekend.

I know what you mean about seeing results, Mick. It is wonderful to work and accomplish something. You are so handy around the house, too! It's a wonderful skill to have.

Good to see you here early, SF. Good work on ignoring that little voice in your head. You are right, though, that you are just unlearning many years of habits, and you looked at it with just the right attitude.

I hope your workout at Curves boosts your energy level, Lav. I hope you have a great day. The weather certainly has been fabulous, hasn't it? Definitely motivating in and of itself.

PPQP, how was your 1st day on the new job? I'm glad you have a chance to let some of the stuff sink in on day 2. What a great milestone to mark the end of your 1st AF year, as well.

For the moment, I'm being relaxed about the house. The buyer is still interested, but obviously does not decide to buy a house in one day, which is my style. :H Maddie and I are driving to NY tonight, as my 28-year-old niece is having a baby shower on Sunday. It will be nice to see family again and also have it be short and sweet.

I'm just feeling a little more positive here in general, which is a blessing. I'm going to have to keep more "P"s in my pocket and take some positivity lessons from Lav and learn to keep this up. It sure feels better than worrying.

Have a great day and weekend all.

:l
                  YahYah

Oops! Hi Sam. I hope you have a good weekend camping. Sorry about the post. Welcome to the gang!
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Fri 16 August

mae everybody,yes definitely something in the air making us wake up too early lav,i feel like im getting sick,hubs too,weve both been walking around like zombies all week,no energy,and hes usually like mick,cant sit still always working in the garage or on the cars,so i dont know,if its a cold i wish it would just come and get over with,tt,your veg and cheese casserole sounds good,even for breakfast,i always eat leftover stuff for breakfast,the girls at work think im a weirdo when im eating enchiladas or chicken and potatoes at 7:30 a.m haha,well i hope everybody has a fun friday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Fri 16 August

p.s i found 9 faces?

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Fri 16 August

Pauly ..I found 10

Comment

af Fri 16 August

I found 10 too Mick
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Fri 16 August

I actually got hubby out of bed:H....and did the stairmaster, core, back and push ups. Meditated. And was full of energy all day.

Even got creative and sold a deal that was a "hail Mary pass". Hubby was complaining before I left for work about some money I spent last weekend. I got such joy out of texting him I covered the expense he was complaining about....10x

The voice thing really had little effect on me. In the past a battle in my head would have ensued. Nice to just recognize it for what it is. Normal and not a big deal.

Comment

af Fri 16 August

i went to count when i was more awake,youre right 10

Comment

Working...
                              X