friday 23 august

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday 23 august

mae everybody...well here we are yet again ...another sober week comes to a close ..followed by a fun packed furore of feasting and festivities...okok its the weekend!!!:Hhow is everyone ? ok..couldnt sleep last night at all went to bed about 3 am...was up again at 6 ,and in the garden 6.30 with the wabbits..and now here I am..so any plans for the weekend?Over here it is August bank holiday ..which means tis a holiday on Monday..guaranteed rain!!

Evening tt ...how are you?thought those work issues had been sorted out?or is this something else?think you need some you time under your belt ..take it easy!!

Hiya Lav..how are you?what a brill saying not too tightly wrapped..is that sort of the same as
    not the sharpest knife in the drawer
    lights are on but no one is in
    lift doesnt go all the way to the top floor
    he is like bungalow Bill ..nothing upstairs

there you go folks ..todays compo..how to say that someone is a sandwich short of a picnic without being direct and saying it..get your answers down

As for the broccoli..Ihave got 3 plants left ..courtesy of the butterflies.Think I have fed all the cabbage whites in the world!!So here you go a brew for you the noo..Im on my 2nd..any plans for today?going dirtballin?

Hiya Sam...welcome to gardeners world..been a good year for me for spuds,onions courgettes cucumber tomatoes, radish shallots eventually after sharing with the mice broad beans,carrots herbs ..bad year brassicas and peppers due to butterflies not snails..Shrubs and flowers have done really well.Any plans for the weekend mate? have a good one.

Hiya ppqp..how are you today?still enjoying life at the sharp end?here you are coffee to go..dont forget its poets day today ..no 5 o clock finishes today!!

Hiya Pauly....and how are you today? noticed this morning about 2 am that you were on here, so I checked the time difference..its only 5 pm in Vegas..7 hrs difference..you worked todays thread out ok? yeh me too! :H

Hiya Det...well done on our 4 month chip mate ..you deserve it..you and Dx went through some sh.t earlier but youve come through so well done my friend..yeh as for the piat..it wasnt the most satisfactory weapon ever made, but it was really all the had at the time ..and it was an improvement on earlier types!!wat are you up to this weekend? anything? once again ..well done.

SF yes ..welcome ..and how are you? sounds like you are having a ball well done ..so have you got the balance right?if so thats great you work to live not vice versa

right time to go but before I go heres a beauty...Julie about 3 months ago bought a straw panama type hat for her hols wen we go to Thailand Vietnam etc
    I was talking to her this morning and she says thats not really what I am after..I am after a roundish straw hat.
    So I then says why did you buy it ..bearing in mind its 8 MONTHS till we go...Her reply was I might not be able to get anything before I go so its just in case!!!

Now am I missing something somewhere in logic.com..or should she be in Lavs YB gang? sanny short of a picnic??

ppqp..resurrected this one for you!!

An organization is like a tree full of monkeys, all on different limbs at different levels.
    Some monkeys are climbing up, some down.
    The monkeys on top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces.
    The monkeys on the bottom look up and see nothing but assholes.

What Exactly Is Marriage?
    ?Marriage is when you get to keep your girl and don?t have to give her back to her parents? -Eric, six years old
    ?When somebody?s been dating for a while, the boy might propose to the girl. He says to her, ?I?ll take you for a whole life, or at least until we have kids and get divorced, but you got to do one particular thing for me.? Then she says yes, but she?s wondering what the thing is and whether it?s naughty or not. She can?t wait to find out.? -Anita, nine years old
    How Does a Person Decide Whom to marry?
    ?You flip a nickel, and heads means you stay with him and tails means you try the next one.? -Kelly, nine years old
    ?My mother says to look for a man who is kind?.That?s what I?ll do?.I?ll find somebody who?s kinda tall and handsome.? -Carolyn, eight years old
    Concerning the Proper Age to Get Married
    ?Once I?m done with kindergarten, I?m going to find me a wife? -Bert, five years old
    How Did Your Mom and Dad Meet?
    ?They were at a dance party at a friend?s house. Then they went for a drive, but their car broke down?It was a good thing, because it gave them a chance to find out about their values.? -Lottie, nine years old
    ?My father was doing some strange chores for my mother. They won?t tell me what kind.? -Jeremy, eight years old
    What Do Most People Do on a Date?
    ?On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.? -Martin, ten years old
    ?Many daters just eat pork chops and french fries and talk about love.? -Craig, nine years old
    When Is It Okay to Kiss Someone?
    ?You should never kiss a girl unless you have enough bucks to buy her a ring and her own VCR, ?cause she?ll want to have videos of the wedding.? -Allan, ten years old
    ?Never kiss in front of other people. It?s a big embarrassing thing if anybody sees you?.If nobody sees you, I might be willing to try it with a handsome boy, but just for a few hours.? -Kally, nine years old
    The Great Debate: Is It Better to Be Single or Married?
    ?You should ask the people who read Cosmopolitan? -Kirsten, ten years old
    ?It?s better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need somebody to clean up after them? -Anita, nine years old
    ?It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I?m just a kid. I don?t need that kind of trouble.? -Will, seven years old

A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had great seats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked her how she liked the experience. "Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and all the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing each other over 25 cents." Dumbfounded, her date asked, "What do you mean?" "Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it, and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was, 'Get the quarterback! Get the quarterback!' I'm like, hello? It's only 25 cents!"

As an airplane is about to crash, a female passenger jumps up frantically and announces, "If I'm going to die, I want to die feeling like a woman." She removes all her clothing and asks, "Is there someone on this plane who is man enough to make me feel like a woman?" A man stands up, removes his shirt and says, "Here, iron this!".

"Babe is it in?" "Yea." "Does it hurt?" "Uh huh." "Let me put it in slowly." "It still hurts."

AND FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE WI DODGY THOUGHTS....

"Okay, let's try another shoe size." :H

A brunette and blonde are walking in the park when the brunette says, "Aw, look at the dead birdie." The blonde looks up and says, "Where?"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

friday 23 august

nite nite. All well here but can't write much as I am using the I pad and it is not conducive to easy writing when lying in bed. it also auto corrects and makes daft words.

Comment

friday 23 august

Good morning Abbers!

'Not the brightest light bulb in the pack' - how's that one Mick? :H :H
      Don't try to understand female logic, it's just different, it is what it is
      I guess I'll be looking for broccoli cookie recipes if this Fall crop takes off. I'd love to hear the male logic of planting 28 broccoli plants! Three Springs ago he had 100 tomato plants started in individual pots in his garage - what the hell was he thinking then? Obviously not much because that's when he got into his truck & left without a word
      I feel real fortunate to still have most of my mind left at this point!
      No dirtballs on my schedule today but I will be having a visit from my daughter & granddaughter so I won't be sitting around!!

Det, congrats on your 4 AF months - great work!

Greetings TT & everyone!
      Wishing a wonderful AF Friday for one & all!
      I'm off to Curves!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

friday 23 august

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and the coffee. Couldn't think of anything better than a sandwich short of a picnic :H but did find PEBKAC: problem exists between keyboard and chair! Just might have something to do with our disappearing posts. Sorry, I was hogging the sleep fairy last night but I'll send her over to your place tonight. Thanks for resurrecting the monkey, I'll be saving that one.

TT...hope you have a peaceful sleep.

Lav...gotta ask, what did you do with all the tomato plants? :H Have fun with the girls today.

Been a busy but rewarding week. The office coordinator just can't believe how much work we've done this week. Actually it feels like she's holding me back now.
        Well I have sad news to report. This Sunday is my 1 year birthday party, c/w cake, at my home group. We just found out that it will be our last meeting as we have to vacate the building so for now everyone is going their separate ways. There is actually 6 groups that run out of that room, 3 meetings a day everyday, so it's going to affect a lot of people.
        Thinking of AA reminds me that I need to give a shout out to....Det....CONGRATS ON 4 MONTHS :wd:

Have a great AF Friday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

friday 23 august

hello all
          Det, well done on 4 months!!

Mick, thanks for the daily fix. Hope you get some sleep! I got some calves I'm selling tomorrow, finish my new chicken yard.

TT enjoy your sleep... I have an iphone that does the same thing... inserting words that I don't want. Pretty annoying

Lav, raining here again. I'm hoping for a clear weekend

PQ, great news on your work, sorry to hear your meeting has to disperse. Hope you all find another place soon.

Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

friday 23 august

mae everybody,mick you are gonna need a nap this afternoon with that yucky sleep! i hate those nites,im have to admit,i understand your wife's logic,i buy something "just in case"if i cant find what im looking for at the mo,or ill buy an"itll do"item,often go in my closet and realize i already have it,women just love to buy stuff,deal with it haha,well done on 4 months det! everybody have a good weekend
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

friday 23 august

Aloha Friday ABenators!

PQ, wish you were closer I'd make you a cake and celebrate with you on sunday!

good/busy day and now starting to unwind and pack up for some hike/shoot fun tomorrow (missed out last weekend).

be well peeps
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

friday 23 august

You know what PQ? I took care of those 100 tomato plants for about two weeks (because I felt sorry for them) then I got angry for being stuck with 99 too many tomato plants & turfed them into the compost pile :H
                Sending you good cake wishes

Sam. had lots of clouds here today & a few brief showers. The weekend weather is supposed to be sunny in the high 70's both days ~ nice

Hi Pauly & Det, hope you both have a good weekend!

I had a nice day with my girls, did a little shopping, had a few tea parties..... 2 1/2 yr old granddaughters just love tea parties :H

Have a nice night everyone. Hope you are fast asleep Mick!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

friday 23 august

Hi Fabbies!

Sorry to be MIA but I just got back from a conference on traumatic bereavement. The damn conference seemed traumatic to me, so I'm wiped out, but I wanted to check in.

Mick, just for your edification, not the brightest light or sharpest knife in the drawer or a few cards short of a deck seem to have to do with being smart, intelligent, etc, whereas being not too tightly wrapped seems to be more about being about to become unglued, as in not too emotionally stable. At least that is my opinion. I will ask for Lav's opinion here, as well. Well, Lav?

Composting also seems a good way of getting rid of YB's tomato lunacy......

Glad you enjoyed your tea parties. I was up in Lancaster yesterday and today. I love the country up there. Saw quite a few Amish.

Congrats, Det! :goodjob:

PPQP, that sucks on losing your meeting spot, but I hope you all find another place where the groups can meet. I knew you would rise to the occasion quickly at work.

Hi Pauly! I'm glad you set Mick straight about how our minds work.

TT, you are probably now in tomorrow afternoon. I am finally getting used to typing on my Galaxy 3 phone. At least it doesn't auto-correct. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you when you have a real keyboard.

Anyway, I did get invited to join the group practice, so as the fall wears on, you will very likely not be hearing me whining about money. Won't that be nice? I am very relieved that I will have another option for generating income.

I am really looking forward to resting this weekend. It has been a long week between work, travel, and the conference. I'm glad it's over. Is this what it is like for you all the time, Det? Yikes!

Anyway, hugs to all and any I've missed.

:l
                  YahYah
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

friday 23 august

heya Lav and YAH.

busy all the time? yes, pretty much.

ok, here's a fun party reminder for the weekend:

Photos Taken At Just The Right Second Gallery: Timed: Party Foul Picture | Break.com
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

friday 23 august

That's right YahYah :H :H
                      YB is the poster child for the 'not wrapped too tight society' :H
                      I live so close to Lancaster - if I had known you were there.....
                      Glad you are home, get some rest!

That's some unique pictures there Det!!!!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

friday 23 august

If only I knew, Lav! I thought you were a little closer to Philly! I took the "scenic" route home--down 194 through Littletown. I do go up there periodically for conferences. I would so love to meet you, and Stella, of course!

I checked out several of the pictures, Det. Amazing!

:l

Oh, and Hi! Sam! I missed you first time around.
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

friday 23 august

Yah - check out this Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/OnlyInLancasterPa
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                          X