AF Thursday 29 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Thursday 29 August

Good morning all, up early ready for work. I am so much less stressed than I used to be,just thinking back to my old job and the hassles I had there.Still a little stress but that is just life,my mind and being the new girl.Good stress!

I am glad it is Thursday - 2 more days left at work. Off to see a band Friday and then 40th on Saturday - the 40th is a really good old friend/group of friends so I will feel really relaxed there and not so many feelings that I need to drink. I'm being careful though and not counting chickens.

Otherwise today I am off to gym after work then cooking chicken breast and roasted veg for dinner, yummy,quick and healthy. Loading up on fruit at work as well.
    Have a good day everyone - day 4 for me here.
    one day at a time

AF Thursday 29 August

mae all and how are we today..Mr weepy eye here still tho seems to be getting a bit better..didnt do too much yesterday..tidied up the garden a bit ,and made a tall mini cloche for the garden so that I can grow cabbage cauli etc full size under polythene.So how are we all today?

Tea and coffee available for all who need it

Hiya bear,how are you thanks for the early start.Glad work isnt so much of a pain for you as it used to be..just keep tekkin little steps and you will get there.

Hiya Det and how are you today? ok I hope ...better than your bosses ...what sort of a nugget sets a trade display up for law enforcement and gets wasted the night before?If I was a little shit..and there are plenty of them, I would be looking for a quick dui as soon as he set foot in the car!!You sholud be proud of yourself mate..not only that .doesnt it give you a smug sense of self satisfaction when the 3 stooges turn up feeling and looking like crap?

Morning SF ..hows you today? my eye seems to be getting a wee bit better ..ta for asking.I have got 2 friends who are on the electronic cigs ...and to me they have just swaapped one addiction for the other! apparently you can get all sorts of flavours for them...they are always swapping between themselves..I know there is a Jack Daniels flavour ..how does that work??? Glad you and hubby are getting along a lot better...do you think it is giving up the booze that has done it? ...As far as your sponsor telling you that you aint one of the chosen ones going....if she has got that much perception and see all..ask her to do your lottery numbers this week!!!:H

Hiya Sam..hows you today? any luck on the job front mate or still in the infancy stages looking ....any plans for today?Cannery row was the novel..wow now we are going back a bit reading wise!!!

Morning Cinders ..and how are you today? good I hope.Does your hubby drink..or to excess? the only reason I am asking that ,is that when you mentioned eggshells, I remember Julie once saying that when we were having a discussion?years ago when Amy was just starting to get to the teen "look at me world..how good am I" years and she said that they were both treading eggshells in case I kicked off..thankfully those days are well past now

Hiya Lav and how are you today? ok I hope that is apart from the nice niece in Germany..she aint close enough in distance or blood kin to bother you,as I am sure it doesnt..Emails make it so easy for people to "gob off" about things they a know nothing about and b know part stories..
    Have a coffee and plan out the layout for the new flock..not long now
    have a great day

Morning ppqp ...how are you today? ok I hope..You seem to be getting on great with your new job....do you still do the gardens etc too?Keep going you will soon be the boss..!hope you have time for this cuppa and have a great day

Hiya Yah ..you doing ok?eye feels a bit better today thanks..wouldnt say Im a master gardener by any stretch ..just like doing it.oh oh ..whats this about husbands not learning eh?all I will say is some are quicker off the mark than others!!!:HGlad things are going well for you.

Hi Pauly ..how are you today?cmon out you come!!

right peeps orf we jolly well go..take care and have a good one

Short & Funny Jokes

Keep the jokes short and funny. No one wants to read a long joke just to find out it's not that funny. One Liners is the answer. Who has time for long jokes anyway? Life's too short, take in as many as you can. Why waste your memory on long boring jokes? Our jokes are nice and easy to memorize to cheer up your friends or use it as a pick up line at the bar to break the ice. If you want a funny story, you won't find it here, short and funny jokes for a quick funny fix.

What did the cobbler say when a cat wandered into his shop? -- Shoe!

How many divorced men does it take to change a lightbulb? -- Who cares? They never get the house anyway.

What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup? -- Anyone can roast beef.

Where do you get virgin wool? -- Ugly sheep.

What do you call a cow with no legs? -- Ground beef.

What's the difference between a porcupine and a Porsche? -- The porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

Why did the duck go to rehab? Because he was a quack addict!

Fat people are harder to kidnap.

What's the difference between a smart man and a stupid man? Nothing. They both think they know everything.

Why do men get married? So they don't have to hold-in their stomachs any more.

What do you call a sheep with no legs? A cloud.

What did the fish say when he swam into the wall? -- Damn

If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, why practice?

I pretend to work here, they pretend to pay me.

I?ve just torn up a note pad and wrapped it around my stomach; it was a waist of paper.

What happens when you get scared half to death twice?

What should you give a man who has everything? A woman to show him how everything works.

Why can?t an idiot dial 911? -- He can?t find the 11 on the phone!

What do you call a fish with no eyes? -- A fsh

I?d like to have more self-esteem, but I don?t deserve it.

Crime doesn't pay? Does that mean my job is a crime?

What did the ocean say to the beach? Nothing, it just waved.

Always remember you?re unique, just like everyone else.

Q: Why did the blond get fired from the banana plantation? A: Because she threw out all the bent ones.

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

Why do farts smell? So deaf people can enjoy them too.

Irish diplomacy - the art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way they?ll look forward to the trip.

I'm not saying she's fat. But if I had to name 5 of the fattest people I know. She'd be three of them.

Can fat people go skinny dipping?

What's a man's idea of honesty in a relationship? Telling you his real name.

How does a man show that he's planning for the future? He buys two cases of beer instead of one.

Why did the cookie go to the hospital? -- Because he felt crummy!

Why is the blonde?s brain the size of a pea in the morning? -- It swells during the night!

What's the difference between a 16'' pizza and a musician? -- A 16" pizza can feed a family of four.

Granddad, what's the best thing about being 100? -- No peer pressure

Why don't cannibals eat clowns? -- Because they taste funny.

What's the difference between an oral and a rectal thermometer? -- The taste!

Q: How can you tell when a FAX had been sent from a blonde? A: There is a stamp on it.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Thursday 29 August

Good Thursday morning Abbers!

Still cloudy here after a day yesterday of huge rains. One of my chickens either dropped dead or just plain drowned......not smart enough to get out of the rain?
      Well, at least that saves her a trip to the henchman.

Hope your day is good bear!

Mick, I remember both of my kids having conjunctivitis at the same time, gross
      Keep washing those hands buddy & don't share any bathroom towels
      The raised garden beds I was promised are still not even started. Not YB's fault though, he's waiting for an Amish guy to cut the locust boards that we wanted. Maybe next year, huh?

I have to take my big dog to the vet for bloodwork then my daughter & granddaughter are coming out for the day. I hope to see at least a little sun today

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Thursday 29 August

Friday just can't come soon enough! I am looking forward to a 3 day weekend here. Funny what those used to mean in the past.

Mick....I did the gum before and got addicted to it...so yes, you do trade one addiction for another. The thing is that you can technically quit and still get your fix anywhere. I'll check on the lotto numbers:H

Its been quite hot here in the afternoons. Looking forward to the pool.....I don't care who peed in it

Lav...enjoy your day....I think you said your daughter was coming over.

Bear have a great weekend. It is amazing that you actually go to these things, not drink, have a great time and actually remember them. I went to a concert last week and I am still reliving it in my head. Past life....I am sure I would have barely remembered it.

Comment

AF Thursday 29 August

MAE Abbers,

Have a large bandage on middle finger of right hand, so typing is clumsy. But I will manage. :-)

Mike, No, hubby doesn't drink. He never has much. An odd beer every month or so if at an event. He doesn't like the effect. Odd, isn't it? I crave it and he avoids it. Unfortunately, it means I can't blame his moods and temper on a substance, just him himself. :H:H

Det, Good on you!!

Well, I shall forgo speaking to all separately as it really is difficult to type and I have a lot to accomplish today but wanted to say hi to all. I wanted to thank all for being here. You are such a help to my sobriety. It is good to have this thread to come to daily as an affirmation of a happy and sober life. Thank you.

Have a good day, friends, and make it count.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Thursday 29 August

Hi all...wont be on early in the morning...Ive got cushion floor getting laid in the conservatory tomorrow....starting at 7am!!!! then rabbit hutch as well ...couldnt get it today so tomorrow it is ...will be on as soon as I can
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Thursday 29 August

OK Mick - have a good evening and early start on Friday - which is here already for those of us in Upside Down Land

Comment

AF Thursday 29 August

ahoy ABeroooooos!

so nice to be home. yay! and back in the paleo zone so my brain is firing on all one cylinders

Mick, a padded floor is a great start on a padded room eh?

Lav, hope your doggy is ok.

Bear, good to hear you sounding well. be sure to have a rock solid gameplan for the night you see the band. no surprises that way.

Cindi, big thanks to you too dear ol friend.

SunFlower, I'm envious of your pool! sounds great.

shouts to TreeTops and anyone else I've missed

being stressed out and eating bad yesterday was a test for me. so glad I was able to mentally fast-forward what taking that first drink would have lead to. as bad as things can be, they can be horrifically worse with AL.

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Thursday 29 August

Cindi, what happened to your finger? Did I miss something?
                  Hope you are OK.

Hi Det - my dog is fine, just has a slightly underactive thyroid, every fat girl's dream :H :H
                  She loves going to the vet office, loves the attention I think.
                  Sorry about the bad food day....I guess we all deal with that from time to time, yuck.
                  Glad you are thinking things through

Good night to all!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X