AF Thursday 5 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Thursday 5 September

mae from Thursday and what a beautiful day it is. Bit chilly in the mornings, but we've run out of firewood and I don't want to get another truckload delivered, so a few extra layers will have to suffice. Another day of reading if I can keep my eyes open - up all night with a sick dog who's sleeping now.

Cinders - congrats on the interview - they must be really keen and it must be a great boost for you.

Mick - you got off lightly with just a lift to the station; I think my parents were secretly delighted when I went to the other side of the world!!

Hope it's all going well for you at this difficult time, Pauly.

Hi TT, Sam, Lav, Det, SF, PPQ, YaH, Bear.

AF Thursday 5 September

Blondie soon we will be bundling up in the states....not looking forward to it. Hope your dog is feeling much better.

Bear I slowly decluttered my life. Started slowly....but, the house really felt good. Congrats on day 5 now!

TT what is a stress buster meeting?

Mick and Cinders...knowing it wasn't a hangover actually scared me. Asked hubby if the life insurance was paid up. Felt like crap this am....but, went to a yoga class and felt much better afterwards and went into work. Tomorrow is a short day for me....and I plan to get more rest.

Sam I can concur on the "anticipation" of the event. Once there I am usually fine and if not...I leave.

Lav...loved your photo. I was looking at it on my i-pad....and it was showing up upside down. So I flipped it over to look at it....forgetting that the i-pad just goes with you....so it was a nice upside down photo for me.

PPQ....hope your deadline doesn't mean too many long hours.

Pauly...you seem to have the right attitude. Its the little pleasures that make me grateful to be sober.

Cinders...I hate that looking for a job these days means phone interviews. They seem so silly and intimidating. I am always better in person.....congrats on getting the face to face. I keep meaning to pick up the Living Sober book.....have to grab that one.

I drug my feet going to my recovery group. But the kids were dead set on going to their program. So I went and sat in on the a-z group. I felt connected there....as it is time to dig into the issues that caused me to drink in the first place. For me its better than hours of therapy....but I never actually told the therapist the entire truth. Funny I won't go into things with a person I am paying....yet, I'll talk to a room full of strangers.

I guess I always felt intimated by a therapist as they always seem to have all their shit together. Rather tell a group of messed up people

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

SF -I just said stress buster for the meeting to refer to it probably being very stressful. i know it does not quite make sense as stress buster implies that it will break the stress. It's not until tomorrow

Hope all else are well this beautiful Thursday

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

Blondie good morning,I've got the coffee on - I love the change to Autumn - as it's the road to Christmas which is my favourite time of the year

Sunflower - morning, I'm looking to book in a declutter session - I like the idea of doing it bit by bit,rather than in one big bang.

Cinders - I have ' living sober' and need to dig it out, may take to spa with me tomorrow for some reading material.

Long day yesterday - woman in team continues to be a challenge,as well as resident group last night - 5 hours of negativity and a late working day!

TT - I have a meeting with a person in my team on Monday - like you I want it to be over - also difficult meeting in am - Monday evening I may plan in some treats,face mask,magazine and deep conditioning treatment etc.

Day 5 and pleased to be AF/NF and am tired,OH invited friend to stay mid week who is really loud so I got woken up.Not really in the mood for guests but I'm not really about as I am out tonight, I'm out all day tomorrow at spa and away at the weekend.
        Happy Thursday!
        one day at a time

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

Hiya everybody .....how are we today on post hump day..well blondie you got it bang on the money ..yet another lovely day ..sun is out, rabbits are out playing, birds are sitting on the telegraph wires waiting for the big journey south.
          Yesterday pulled all the nasturtiums up ..or what was left of them complete with caterpillars..also working on the big hoose for the rabbits,managed to go swimming tho, enjoyed that.right on with the show

tea and coffee are provided

hiya blondie and how are you today?ok I hope..no dont kid yourself that I got off lightly..I know there is more to come!!As for moving to the other side of the world...she keeps mentioning New Zealand..my guess is Amy will get some experience here then do one after she has got a bit of time in.Hows the sickly dog doing?

Hiya SF..how are you today? feelin any better..look forward to today ..its your short day!

Hiya Sam ..how are you doing ? ok I hope ..yep autumn is def on the way over here too..the sun is up but not as warm.As for hunting ..over here Sunday is the day everyone goes out with their shooty gunnies blasting away at anything that moves.
          I know what you mean about dancing too..Julie loves dancing..moi eh not so keen to put it politely .When on the rare occasion I am dancing she says its like being in a boxing ring!

Morning Lav..coffee on the table for you..enjoy your exercise yesterday?..any plans for today?you already for the new chicks now?whens Levi coming for the old brood.

Morning ppqp...how are you today? ok I hope busy busy eh? coffee to go maam. whats a wicking bed ?

Cinders ...the very best of luck to you..with regards to the job front..so is that now 2 you have possibilities for?.....oh and just to confuse you today is Friday 23rd of October and tomorrow is Sunday ..it is 7.50 am here but 14 minutes past nine there..confused ..I sure am!!

Hiya Pauly..hope you are feeling a bit better today..oh and also dont be lurking in the background ...youre one of us so get out front stage!!

Hiya Det..hows you today? aching?You on the road today?best of luck matey.

evening tt ...you ok?Is today or tomorrow the stressy head day at work? couldnt work that one out....whatever you will be fine..as for the numpties in your team who are difficult just think to yourself when you deal with them..if you were as good as me you would be team leader, but I am team leader ergo I am better than you so make sure you understand that ..oh and smile sweetly while you think it

Will put some pics up...got a 14 x zoom lens for my samsung phone..pic quality is good also a fish eye and macro lens ..have a great day

here we go piccy time ..thought I would put a few up

took this on Monday on the kitchen window

dont know if you have seen this one ..Sam in the greenhouse

my garage aka the bomb site ..new hutch being built

Conservatory floor now finished

The pain in the ass step I did

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

and theres more!!

Tomatoes n peppers still on the go

taken from front room with 14 x lens on camera phone

Can you count the caterpillars??

I like my oreos like I like my people..

...held under the surface till the bubbles stop.

A young man was lost wandering in a forest, when he came upon a small house. He knocked on the door and was greeted by an ancient Chinese man with a long, grey beard. "I'm lost," said the man. "Can you put me up for the night?"
            "Certainly," the Chinese man said, "but on one condition. If you so much as lay a finger on my daughter, I will inflict upon you the three worst Chinese tortures known to man."...
            "Ok," said the man, thinking that the daughter must be pretty old as well, and entered the house.
            Before dinner, the daughter came down the stairs. She was young, beautiful, and had a fantastic figure. She was obviously attracted to the young man since she couldn't keep her eyes off him during the meal.
            Remembering the old man's warning, he ignored her and went up to bed alone. But during the night, he could bear it no longer, and sneaked into her room for a night of passion. He was careful to keep everything quiet so the old man wouldn't hear. Near dawn he crept back to his room, exhausted, but happy.
            He woke in the morning with the feel of pressure on his chest. Opening his eyes he saw a large rock on his chest with a note on it that read, "Chinese Torture 1: Large rock on chest."
            "Well, that's pretty crappy," he thought. "If that's the best the old man can do then I don't have much to worry about."
            He picked the boulder up, walked over to the window and threw the boulder out. As he did so he noticed another note on it that read: "Chinese Torture 2: Rock tied to left testicle."
            In a panic he glanced down and saw the rope that was already getting close to the end. Figuring that a few broken bones was better than castration, he jumped out of the window after the boulder.
            As he plummeted downward he saw a large sign on the ground that read, "Chinese Torture 3: Right testicle tied to bedpost.

An Alabama pastor said to his congregation, "Someone in this congregation has spread a rumor that I belong to the Ku Klux Klan. This is a horrible lie and one which a Christian community cannot tolerate. I am embarrassed and do not intend to accept this. Now, I want the party who said this to stand and ask forgiveness from God and this Christian family."
            No one moved. The preacher continued, "Do you have the nerve to face me and admit this is a falsehood? Remember, you will be forgiven and in your heart you will feel glory. Now stand and confess your transgression." Again, all was quiet.
            Then, slowly, a drop-dead gorgeous blonde with a body that would stop a runaway train rose from the third pew. Her head was bowed and her voice quivered as she spoke, "Reverend there has been a terrible misunderstanding. I never said you were a member of the Ku Klux Klan. I simply told a couple of my friends that you were a wizard under the sheets."
            The preacher fell to his knees, his wife fainted, and the congregation roared.

This little boy was awakened in the middle of the night by strange noises coming from his parents' bedroom, so he decided to investigate. He nudged the door slowly forward and as he entered his parents' bedroom, he was shocked to see his mom and dad having sex
            "Dad! Dad!" he shouted, "What are you doing?"
            "It's OK son", replied his father, "Your mother wants to have another baby, that's all."
            The little boy was immediately excited at the prospect of a new baby brother, so he went straight back to bed with a smile on his face.
            Several weeks later, the little boy was walking past the bathroom and was shocked to discover his mother on her knees giving her husband a blow job
            "Dad! Dad!", he shouted, "What are you doing now?"
            "Son, there's been a slight change in plans," his dad replied. "Now she wants a BMW."

When my grandma was 60, she started walking 5 miles a day

Now she's 87 and we have no idea where she is.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

Good morning Abbers

Partly cloudy here but cooler & dry for a change, nice. The AC is off & the windows are open relieving some of the cooped up feeling after a long, too hot summer. I am definitely a fan of Fall

Greetings blondie, hope you're not too chilly!
              I don't know if anyone is familiar with a publication called The Farmer's Almanac but they are predicting a super cold & snowy winter for us ~ swell
              Long-Range Weather Forecast 2013 2014 Winter U.S. Canada

Greetings SF, bear & TT!
              Everyone sounds good today!

Mick, you have been one busy boy - good for you! And you still have time to make coffee, thanks!
              Love the indoor tomato tree I'm pretty sure my grandkids would be picking little green tomatoes so I'll have to wait a few years before I try that Good luck with the garage.....I hate the way stuff just seems to migrate out there. Right now I have my chick nursery set up in the garage attached to my house. I can turn on electric baseboard heat out there in case it suddenly gets cold, but that probably won't happen.

Greetings to Cindi, YahYah, pauly, Det, Sam & everyone!
              Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

mae everybody,well mother-in-law passed wednesday afternoon,dealing with it by being strong for hubs and kids,sobbing myself,no damn drinking! she would not want me acting like that,its just hard when someone passes,even when theyre older,i just try and remember the good times,and there were many,i hope everyones day goes good
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

Very sorry to hear of your loss Pauly. These days and nights will be hard but you are showing your inner strength.
                  Hugs and kisses :h:h

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

Pauly...sorry for your loss...stay strong ..remember the good times,,the lady is at peace now :l we are here..just shout!

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

Happy thursday ABeroooooos!

Pauly, xxxxxx glad your keeping strong.

Blondie and Bear, mega kudos on sobriety!

glad to be in town this week. mighty sore from kickboxing last night. I'm ready for a message! hopefully I can talk Dx into giving me one.

Mick, fab pictures!

well, got some exotic indian chicken on the broiler, so better get back in the kitchen

be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

Hi Fabbies, well, it's getting on to the end of the day here, and I'm looking forward to relaxing this evening. Maddie is off to Virginia Beach for a Blues dancing convention where she will dance all night and soak up the sun all day, and no doubt come home exalted AND cranky at the same time. :H I will enjoy having the house to myself for the weekend.

Sorry you have to cope with some cold weather yet, blondie. I hope it warms up soon. I hope your doggie is feeling better and that you get some rest as well.

SF, take it from your favorite shrinky dink--the only reason we look so together is that we don't want you worrying about US as well as yourself. We are all works in progress, just like anyone else. At any rate, the important thing is that you have somewhere where you do feel safe sharing. Not everyone needs a therapist to heal. I hope you enjoyed your meeting.

I hope your meeting goes well, TT.

bear, you already sound so much better. Decluttering is a wonderful thing to do, and I think you are right on target to do it in manageable stages. It's really nice to have you back here.

Pauly, sending hugs, honey. Of course, you will sob and grieve. Sounds like you really cared about your MIL. I'm glad you're staying away from the booze. We're all here for you. Hang in there.

Well, Mick, you may not be able to dance, but you sure are one hell of a handyman! and a barrista, and a jokester, and an all around good guy. I love your pics, and I know the bunnies will love their new digs. How long will you be able to prolong your tomato/pepper harvest?

Lav, a cold and snowy winter? Yuck! That will mean lots of cancellations for me. I hope the Almanac is wrong!

I'm glad you're having a week in town too, Det. I'll bet Dx is happy to have you home, as well.

As always happens, now that I have accepted the other job, my phone is blowing up with calls from new patients. I'm not complaining, but where the hell were they back in early August?? It always happens like this. I am still going to take the other job though, because I don't want a repeat of the down times next summer. It is good to be busy, though. This girl is very tired. Better than being bored, for sure.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to football. I'll do my casenotes and watch the Ravens (hopefully) beat the Broncos.

Waves to Cinders, Sam and anyone else I may have missed!

:l
                        YahYah
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

MAE ALL...

Late check in from one very tired puppy. When I looked at the thread this morning none of Mick's pics were there, glad to see they have appeared...they're great.

Pauly...sorry to hear about your MIL but you know it's for the best. :l's and like Mick says stay strong.

Apologies to not responding to everyone, hopefully after a good nights sleep I'll be able to read all the posts properly.

Early, early night for me.....PPQP

Comment

AF Thursday 5 September

Pauly, very sorry for your loss :l
                            Please take care of yourself!

Boy oh boy YahYah, when it rains it pours for you, huh?
                            Be sure to save some time for yourself & enjoy the quiet house this weekend!

Hi there PQ & Det!

I have had one full day, work, daughter & granddaughter here for lunch & dinner, etc, etc. BUT the weather is nice - yay!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                            X