Drunk at My Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drunk at My Club

So, I went on my five miler in Central Park and before heading to the office, I decided to stop by the tap room for a Club Soda and Cranberry juice.

Take it this is 4pm, today, EST, this guy is BOMBED! Not a young guy either, definitely older than me, I'm going to guess late 40s, 50? harassing the bartenders..I'm laughing with the guys, what's going on here? I asked. They said he did it again last week..he probably doesn't think he has a problem...

Not to do the whole, "I'm glad I'm not that guy thing." Because I had a blunder last week, and I'm sure we have all had our share, but get back up and learn...there are some that never do, and sadly, I think it's even accepted...

.j

Drunk at My Club

I just suspended a 20 year relationship because my friend keeps blacking out and breaking plans she has made with me because she "forgets" she made them. She also broke a very important date because she was drunk which allowed for stupid thinking and that pretty much was the icing on the cake for me to say: "Say something, I'm giving up on you." Problem is, she isn't saying the right thing. She is not facing her drinking problem but is in full denial stating she forgets things because she is so busy. So, sadly, it is as you say. Some people have remorse the next day, swear they will never do it again, then a little time passes and they are right back at it...drinking too much and causing harm in their relationships. :-(

:l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Drunk at My Club

Oh, man, I can relate to all this. How many times was I that person. It is a lesson though eh? I think it's been a part of that long, long process that gets us from THERE, to HERE.

Thank goodness for this forum, and for baclofen!!!!!
      My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Working...
      X