A Womans Work is Never Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6am - 6:30am - Get up with the Baby, change clothes, change diaper, put on either an Einstein DVD or a Disney Flick. While that starts, plug in the kettle and make instant coffee as I don't have a voltage adapter yet for my NA Cuisinart

6:30am - 7am- Breaskfast time, make the breakfast cereal and some milk or juice for her. Wiggle her into her highchair, put on bid and start the meal. When that's done, go to take a sip of my coffee; which is now ice cold.

7:30am - 8:30am - Play time, gather her blankies to make sure she has them where she can see them; catch the 100 balls in her castle tent which she goes in and tosses out having fun; give her a breakfast cookie to snack on. Wipe her face; arms, hair, legs and belly. Turn on the kettle again.

8:30am - 9:30am - Strip down the cherub. Run the bath and get the toys ready. Put the big fluffy towel on her bed to dry her off. Get out the Baby Powder, clean diaper and a toy to distract her while I dry her down and try to dress her. Turn on the kettle..again. Put on what ever I can find that's clean, put my hair up and some light makeup,mascara, and gloss.

9:30am - 10:30am - Get her bottles ready, snacks, squirm her into clothes as we are going for a small grocery run. Distract her with a cookie as I put her shoes on.

10:45am - Finally out the door. Laugh as she gets excited as she sees everyone walking by and the cars, kicking her legs.

11:00am - Get some groceries, put them in the bottom of the stroller and forget to pick up a baguette as I leave; go back in and get my bread for the day. Go to the post office if I need to, some quick shopping for me, hubby and baby and something special for the dogs.

11:00am - 12noon - Walk home, run in the door and let the dogs out. Take her out of her stroller and let her walk and play as I make sure the dogs have fresh food and water and give them kisses. Strip her down, again. Get her lunch ready and attempt to feed her. Clean up the radius around her highchair after she is done and chase her down the hall trying to wipe off her fingers and mouth after her meal. Open a Coke...take a sip.

12noon - 1:00pm - Watch her rub her eyes, get her bottle ready for her nap. Pull down the shades, get her bed ready and turn on her music. Putting her little arms around me I take her to her bedroom and rock her almost asleep, kissing her and rubbing her face.

1pm - 3pm - While she sleeps; eat, do the dishes, do the laundry, sweap the floors, wipe them if I have the time. Take another sip of my warm Coke..make a face and throw it away. Open another one..

3:30pm - 5pm - Watch a movie, clean up the balls again, change another diaper, empty the water and drain the toys that I forgot to before that morning. Take something out for dinner.

5pm - 7pm - Start dinner and have it cooked. Run inbetween the kitchen and where ever she is to make sure she is OK; every 2 minutes so dinner moves slowly. Dinner is done; put it on the stove and watch it get cold.

7pm - 8pm - Hubby gets home. We try to eat as as she runs around playing and laughing. I do the dishes and clean the kitchen floor. Watch the babe as she plays with her fridge magnets, once they are all on the ground (even though she tries to put most of them back on the fridge) I put them back up. Open the fridge for a glass of Perrier and her little fingers are in there (where did she come from?). I let her play in the fridge till she gets bored and goes back into the living room.

8pm - 9pm - Change her diaper, distract her with something shiny. Baby Powder everywhere. Get her jammies on as she walks around the house making her noises and laughing. Thank god that she only gave me one toxic poop today. Read her a few books. Dim all the lights in the house, get her crib ready, her toy in there and her blankie. Grab her bottle and bring her with me on the couch as we watch a bit and she cuddles into me. I rub her face, hair and body till she drifts off the sleep having her milk. Kiss her curls. Put her into bed.

9pm - 11pm - Cuddle on the couch with the hubby and pet the two dogs. Clean up any toys so I dont step on them in the middle of the night. Watch an episode or two of Friends or something, read a gossip mag, get on line. Bed

11pm - 12am - Sleep, hear first cry. Wait to see if I need to get up or not. Get up anyway to go to the bathroom.

12am - 2am - Sleep

2:30am - Hear baby cry, wake up and give her some milk as she is a bit thirsty. Turn her music lulaby on as she drinks.

4:00am - Hear baby cry again, don't get up this time as she is asleep when she is doing this

6am - Hear baby kick the crib and say "dadadadadadad"...baby is up for the day. Rub my bloodshot eyes; go to the bathroom as she plays for a minute in her crib. Get her room ready, put on her movie,...

and the cycle begins again....

Errrr... You wouldn't think you'd have time to write such wacky emails..

Comment

Just think now you are not drinking you don't waste time opening bottles of wine and best of all you can remember all the finer details of a day with a toddler, frightening! Thanks for a funny start for a day with 3 kids at home as its school holidays.
      Suz
      Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

goingsobermum;126827 wrote: Just think now you are not drinking you don't waste time opening bottles of wine and best of all you can remember all the finer details of a day with a toddler, frightening! Thanks for a funny start for a day with 3 kids at home as its school holidays.
        You summed it up perfectly!

This is where I get my spare time to write such wacky emails...

Comment

Hi - can I ask you all a quick question. I have the books & CD's. I've just ordered all the supplements. I am in two minds about the topiramate though - I feel really scared about the side effects (albeit the weight loss part!) and am wondering if the info I've read on the medical websites is a bit over the top, or if it really is quite difficult to function. Do you have any advice? Waiting on everything to arrive before I begin the moderation process.
          p.s. i love the wacky email
          trying :new:

Comment

I just have the supps, I never went as far as the topa and things. I don't feel I need it. The supps are working out great for me! I take them in the mornings, afternoons and the early evenings (around 5-6). It was hard to start moderating or abstaining from alcohol until they arrived, I found it was anyway. It gives you that added boost you need. Sorry, I'm not much help with the other meds though. I know lots of people here are on them though and they are working out great for them!

Welcome to the Board by the way!!

Comment

Hi jcilia

I am doing the whole programme exactly as per the book: topa and all. am now up to 150mg topa. No side effects except for v slight tingling in my hands and feet which is not at all unpleasant. The great thing I have found is that at this level all desire to drink has vanished (and I was really packing it way before, i can assure you!). i am able to drink if I want to, but can make one or two glasses of wine last a whole evening - really don't want more than two. Most evenings I drink tea and I am REALLY happy with that. I has been absolutely transformational. before I got to 150mg topa I was doing all the supps and they definitely helped but when the topa kicked in it was the "light swicth" effect everybody talks about. I really recommend it if you are in any doubt.

There is a great Topamax Survey thread by Paddy on the topa and meds forum on this board that has a ton of additional info.

Good luck! Kate

Comment

GG, the hardest job you'll ever love! treasure each day; they go to quickly. On another note your doing great.
                Smiles
                mar

Comment

Hi GG,

Wow I don't know where you get the energy from! But how amazing to spend all your day with such a lovely kid! (yeah I know, you can tell I don't have kids - it justs sounds lovely!)

One q: So after all that labour-intensive work... PURLEASE don't tell me that your hubby is the type to say, "So what have you been doing all day?"

Gem x
                  Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

GG

You are doing great! i know it's not a competition but having 3 kids under 4 tries my patience to the limit. From 6am til 8pm it's constant demands, crying, fighting, pooping and also the good bits like cuddles, hugs and my daughter saying "I love you mummy".

My husband thinks I sit on my ass all day!!! I'd love to swap places with him for a week, he wouldn't know what hit him.

Comment

hidden_gem;126881 wrote: Hi GG,

Wow I don't know where you get the energy from! But how amazing to spend all your day with such a lovely kid! (yeah I know, you can tell I don't have kids - it justs sounds lovely!)

One q: So after all that labour-intensive work... PURLEASE don't tell me that your hubby is the type to say, "So what have you been doing all day?"

Gem x
                      Mary is completely right, it is the hardest job you will ever love.

He does say that, but only to tease me..he is bad.

Comment

kpuk;126883 wrote: GG

You are doing great! i know it's not a competition but having 3 kids under 4 tries my patience to the limit. From 6am til 8pm it's constant demands, crying, fighting, pooping and also the good bits like cuddles, hugs and my daughter saying "I love you mummy".

My husband thinks I sit on my ass all day!!! I'd love to swap places with him for a week, he wouldn't know what hit him.
                        I don't know where you get the energy for that!! You deserve a vacation away.. with many shopping and spa trips. I find this bub tiring, she is everywhere it seems, all at the same time. That's why god makes them so cute I am sure; so you forget all the hard times.

Comment

I want to see this!
                          :h Nancy
                          Next survivor series!

Six married men will be dropped on an island with one car and 3 kids each for six weeks.

Each kid will play two sports and either take music or dance classes.

There is no fast food.

Each man must take care of his 3 kids; keep his assigned house clean, correct all homework, complete science projects, cook, do laundry, and pay a list of "pretend" bills with not enough money.

In addition, each man will have to budget in money for groceries each week.

Each man must remember the birthdays of all their friends and relatives, and send cards out on time.

Each man must also take each child to a doctor's appointment, a dentist appointmenand a haircut appointment. He must make one unscheduled and inconvenient visit per child to the Urgent Care (weekend, even ing, on a holiday or right when they're about to leave for vacation). He must also make cookies or cupcakes for a social function.

Each man will be responsible for decorating his own assigned house, planting flowers outside and keeping it presentable at all times.

The men will only have access to television when the kids are asleep and all chores are done.

There is only one TV between them, and a remote with dead batteries. (:H love that one!!)

Each father will be required to know all of the words to every stupid song that comes on TV and the name of each and every character on cartoons.

The men must shave their legs, wear makeup daily, which they will apply to themselves either while driving or making three lunches.

Each man will have to make an Indian hut model with six toothpicks, a tortilla and one marker; and get a 4 year old to eat a serving of peas.

Each man must adorn himself with jewelry, wear uncomfort able yet stylish shoes, keep their nails polished and eyebrows groomed. The men must try to get through each day without snot, spit-up or barf on their clothing.

During one o f the six weeks, the men will have to endure severe abdominal cramps, back aches, and have extreme, unexplained mood swings but never once complain or slow down from other duties. They must try to explain what a tampon is for when the 6-yr old boy finds it in the purse.

They must attend weekly school meetings, church, and find time at least once to spend the afternoon at the park or a similar setting.

He will need to read a book and then pray with the children each night without falling asleep, and then feed them, dress them, brush their teeth and comb their hair each morning by 7:00. They must leave the home with no food on their face or clothes.

A test will be given at the end of the six weeks, and each father will be required to know all of the following information: each child's birthday, height, weight, shoe size, clothes size and doctor's name.

Also the child's weight at birth, length, time of birth, and length of labor, each child's favorite color, middle name, favorite snack, favorite song, favorite drink, favorite toy, biggest fear and what they want to be when they grow up.

They must clean up after their sick children at 2:00 a.m. and then spend the remainder of the day tending to that child and waiting on them hand and foot until they are better.

They must have a loving, age appropriate reply to, "You're not the boss of me."

The kids vote them off the island based on performance. The last man wins only if...he still has enough energy to be intimate with his spouse at a moment's notice.

If the last man does win, he can play the game over and over and over again for the next 18-25 years...eventually earning the right to be called Mother!
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                          X