Hello All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All

I haven't been able to get on the computer lately because it keeps sticking and not letting me have more than 5 mins before it starts playing up. I've had a man in who has tried to fix it now, Hope this gets through....... I'm still pregnant and went to the doctors today. There is a slight issue as i am on anti-depressants. He reckons i need to stay on them as i was very down a few months ago. But there is a slight risk of malformation to the baby. This horrifies me. But this doctor thinks the small risk out-weighs the risk of me slipping down again. I feel like everything is against me on this one. Life really does challenge me. I hope you don't mind me pouring this out to you. Because of all these pressures, i am finding it increasingly difficult to keep off the drink. I havent had any but sometimes i get this really strong urge to down a bottle of white wine. I won't do it, as this is not about me anymore, its another life which is relying on me. I have found not smoking also a bugger. I've switched to decaf. tea aswell. i feel then at least if something does go wrong, I have done everything i can to make things good and it won't be my fault.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I had THE most fantastic dream last night. I dreamt I could fly and i was showing off to thoses around me, and trying to explain that they could fly too if they concentrated hard. I used to have dreams like this often, years ago, when i was happy, so this is sooooo amazing for me and I am smiling and feeling lucky. I really do think dreams mean something.

I love you all and speak soon. Bella xxxx

Hello All

Hi Bella, thanks for keeping us updated, fingers are crossed for you ....

Well done on all of the positive changes that you are making, I am soooo proud of you ....

Love & Hugs, :h :l :h
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Hello All

Oh Bella, your baby will be fine, I just know it. Your dream meant you should be so proud of yourself. You really should! We all make huge sacrifices for our children, but you are having to sacrifice and beat a disease and you are doing it. You should be so proud. Worrying is what we do....we all worry ourselve stupid through the entire pregnancy and then their entire lives. Makes you wonder why we have children...lilttle buggers!!! HA HA HA Stay strong Bella...lots of love to you and the new little one...

Comment

Hello All

Bella, don't borrow trouble as my Mom says. doctor says small risk, believe no risk. Women have had very successful pregnancies while taking anti depressants. You are doing so many things right for this little life and your own. Keep you focus sweetie. we'll get dilayne to analyze your dream, she is really good at it. It sounds like a happy one. I belive in Bella!!
        Smile
        Mary

Comment

Hello All

thankyou guys, once again, you always make me feel better and less anxious. Bella xxx

Comment

Hello All

Oh Bella, there is nothing scarier than that one scan to tell you about that.. I was scared to death every time I got a scan making sure my baby turns out OK. I'm sure your baby will be OK, it's too early yet; I think anyway.And he could be reading it wrong, a lot of them do.

Knowing you have a baby growing inside you changes you in ways that you can't write about. Enjoy feeling your little one grow, I still remember every moment of my little one and cherish it.

Comment

Hello All

Hi Bella,
              You're doing really well. There are lots of changes going on so its bound to be tough at times, but you'll be fine. Just keep going on doing the best you can.
              Suz
              Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Hello All

It's really great that you had a happy dream. That likely means wonderful things are on their way to you... You are on the right path.. Keep up the great work of growing a healthy baby.
                ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Hello All

Hi Bella,
                  I just had a thought. You mentioned the anti-depressants and your doctor not wanting you to go down again, which is understandable and hormones do flare during pregnancy, but could the depression have been related to the fact that you thought you couldn't have another child? If so then you might be okay now.
                  Suz
                  Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Hello All

goingsobermum, i think my depression was partly due to alcohol. so now that im not able to drink, yes, i might be okay now. I'm going back to DR next week so i'm going to ask about reducing the dosage. I have to. Bella xx

Comment

Hello All

Bella, I feel tons better since stopping drinking everyday....alcohol is a depressant...

Comment

Hello All

Hey Bella CONGRATS. I can't analyse dreams but I know one thing for sure... you had a beautiful dream. A sign of wonderful times ahead. Keep well :l
                        A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Hello All

Yes, Bella, congratulations on the baby and your dream says it will be good things happening!! In essence you were telling everyone, I CAN do this!! But Mar is right, Dilayne is the dream interpreter! xo Mary

Comment

Hello All

Hi Bella. . . Congratulations on the pregnancy. If it makes you feel any better, I was on antidepressants (Paxil and Prozac) for both of my pregnancies, and they're perfectly healthy little kids. I understand research has shown a small chance of heart abnormalities, but it is a really small chance. When I was pregnant, my doctors felt the beneftis outwieghed the cost in using meds vs. becoming really depressed again.

Hang in there!

Comment

Hello All

Hi Bella,
                              Just read your post. I have known lots of pregnant women,who have
                              been on antidepressants over the years, and not seen any with problems
                              You should be fine.It's better to be on pills, than drinking , as alcohol can
                              cause foetal alcohol syndrome.
                              Good idea to gradually reduce dose though.
                              Love Paula x

Comment

Working...
                              X