Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet Power!!!!

Dear all,

I am interested in knowing if any of you have found that having a pet has helped you with your problems, and given you strength to carry on.

I am adopting a kitten on the 30th June (my mom has always had a cat) and am really looking forward to having a little life to look after. I have read alot of articles about the health benifits from owning a pet. They provide unconditional love, stave off lonliness and can even help reduce your blood pressure and help with releiving stress.

I'm on day 3 AF and really want to get my problem under control so I can really look after the new arrival in our family the best I can. I am 36 and currently childless and I would really like to have children with my partner if our relationship can make it through it's present struggles (it is very near breaking point due to my drinking) I have been very selfish due to my drinking habits over the years and I really want to start looking after my self and those around me alot more.

Anyway let me know about your four legged or feathered friends.

:thanks:

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Pet Power!!!!

I am a huge pet person and love kitties. Please do not remove your kitty's claws and do get you kitty fixed so that you don't have more kitties than planned.

Enjoy!!!

Comment

Pet Power!!!!

Hi Janie,

No haven't thought of a name yet. We are going to visit him again in couple of weeks when he will be 6 weeks old and by then his breeder will have given him a name which we can change if we like. My favourite names at the moment are Bailey, Brodie and Beau but we'll see what his personality is like and pick a name to suit.

Lucky, we have to have him neutered as he is a pedigree Ragdoll and it is a condition of sale that we don't breed from him, but we would have had him done anyway as he will be an indoor cat and will spray otherwise he may spray when he become sexually mature. It will also make him calmerand happier.

Thanks for the replies.

Kitty
      Confucius

Comment

Pet Power!!!!

Are you sure you want just one kitten? Two kitties around the same age can provide much fun and amusement and you get twice as many cuddles!!! I currently have 3 kitties a 14 year old male, a 3 year old male and a 2.5 year old female. The two little ones provide me with hours of entertainment!

I just saw your post about getting a Ragdoll. My friend had one named Truffles, he was such a cutie. All of mine are rescues that have been spayed/neutered.
        Suddenly I see
        This is what I want to be
        suddenly I see
        Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Pet Power!!!!

I lvoe animals...have dogs, a cat, birds, a guinea pig...we're a regualr ol' farm at my house.

Comment

Pet Power!!!!

Hi Janie,

Yes I've already picked out a scratch post and all the little accessories he will need, it's been great fun.

And Lorelei I will definately look into having another cat when I have enough money. Good job this little chap won't be coming home for 9 weeks because I have to save up for him. He's quite expensive and I plan to save all the money that I would usually waste on alcohol!!

Kitty
            Confucius

Comment

Pet Power!!!!

Also two of the best cat toys ever:

the feather on a stick and a laser pointer

Just remember not to shine the laser pointer in their little eyes!
              Suddenly I see
              This is what I want to be
              suddenly I see
              Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Pet Power!!!!

I have a German Shepherd Bitch 2 years old and totally barmy ...... But really lovely though, one of the things that makes me smile the most is as soon as she hears one of us getting up in the morning we hear a constant thud, thud, thud, thud, of her tail wagging even though she can't see us ......
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Pet Power!!!!

Kitty, you sound like the ideal pet parent to be... You are "doing everything right" before the fact. With you reading and researching all aspects it shows that you are so ready for this. He will melt your heart I'm sure.
                  We have a rescue female cat- Alley-oop (sweetest lil' thing. Love her to bits)
                  A 8 year old black lab- Tia, so compassionate
                  A 1 1/2 year old chocolate bab- Beau, a fun lovin' gal that is always on the go
                  A 29 year old quarter horse- Cody My best friend and first horse
                  2 miniature goats- Kiwi and Niblet, make me laugh at their antics!
                  A 28 gallon aquarium with about 30 fish give or take.
                  All my animals are spayed and neutered and my husband...... has had a vasectomy ! Ha!! Ha!!
                  Kitty, when you take your kitty for his shots, I would suggest seeing what type of food would be best for him as male cats have a tendancy to develope a condition called "cristals" It blocks their urin and can be fatal. Some foods are low ash that helps prevent this.
                  "Most of my very best friends wear fur coats and have 4 legs"
                  I wish you nothing but all the best Kitty, you deserve this Hon.
                  ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Pet Power!!!!

Hi Kitty:

You bet! Katie (avatar these days), and Petey are my main guys.

Who else in the world would go berserk with joy, at just seeing my car drive up each day? Leaping, and barking, and legs trembling, and tails wagging just because old ex-boozer Neil shows up.

Lately they have their own addiction. Sams Choice Dinner Rounds. No other food is acceptable under any conditions these days. Well, maybe bacon, but thats a universal dog slobber maker.

Both are stranded rescue mutts, that I saved from starvation. Katie had to have extensive (and expensive) heartworm removal treatments when I first found her. She is feeling great these days, and both doggies have helped me through many rough days, when it seemed like everyone was trying break my, uh, jewels.

Real life savers in a couple of 30 lb. packages.

Neil

Comment

Pet Power!!!!

HI kitty,
                      Yes pets make wonderful friends, I have 5 kitties. Two males and three females, Chester, Otis, Naughty, Dotsie, and our newest who will be getting spayed next month Saucy.
                      My males put on a little weight when they got neutered but other wise very healthy and happy and fun to watch. I enjoy their company!

Enjoy your new arrival!

kitkat
                      AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
                      Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Pet Power!!!!

Wow Niblet,

You have averitable zoo!!!!

Thanks for the advise.

:thanks:

Kitty
                        Confucius

Comment

Working...
                        X