I Survived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Survived!

I already posted my weekend saga in Monthly Abs (so abers bear with my "in a nutshell" story). This was my weekend of accomplishment! I'm proud of myself because I survived where in the past I DEFINATELY would have failed.

I had a "phony-in-law" birthday party Saturday evening where I would've secretly drank. Actually the stress of having to have to see them both Saturday & Sunday I would have started Wed/Thurs. while I redecorated & cleaned my house (complaining the whole time). Instead I killed them with sobriety kindness. So I was looking forward to Sunday because Saturday wasn't that bad. Killing them wasn't that bad-LOL!:H

So Sunday is my son's 5th birthday party at our home in the afternoon but early Sunday morning I get a call from my mom (I'm an only child) & my dad is in the hospital getting emergency stomach surgery (hole in stomach). We didn't cancel party because surgery was done before that but as everyone was leaving I get another call from my mother to say he's moved to ICU cause pneumonia set in. (I went to see him today-he's doing much better-thanx).

My point-and rudemama replied in my post in abs-it's easier to do events & handle crisises when you are sober. You have that clear head. If I was drinking I would have complained & drank & made myself miserable before these parties setting myself up for further doom. Never mind the people around me. Then when I heard the news of my dad I would of drank some more & cried because I was drinking causing more anguish-drinking more-guilt. Geesh-I would have the biggest pit in my stomach today!

Instead I was there for my son, who had a great 5th birthday, my husband was so proud of me, I was there for my mom & dad & there was no gossiping by the "phony-in-laws" that I was under the influence (like I said-killed them with kindness). I was proud of myself-I did it.

This is only one of many journeys I will have to encounter. But this has been my main trigger for years. So to have such a weekend & not even think of a drink...I'm speechless.

Now I'm onto phase II. It's Communion time & picnic time.

Thanks to all of you for all your kind words of support. Locked in my heart forever.

AF 131
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

I Survived!

Yeah!!!!! Good for you Breezie! I am way happy for you. ; )
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

I Survived!

Great inspirational story Breez. Hope your dad starts feeling better.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I Survived!

I just knew that you could do it and will continue to do it !!! I too have phony inlaws,so I do understand some of what you went through. I sure hope that your Dad continues on his road to recovery. I'm so proud of you Breez !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

I Survived!

Way to go Breez.....great job...

Comment

I Survived!

Very inspirational! You sound so nice Breez and you always give solid and sound advice. I'm really happy for you!

Scooba
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Working...
            X