Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squash players are beer drinkers!!

Hey guys,

I used to play squash fairly competitively in my younger days, I still play, but really just for fun now. But I have noticed that I seem to be playing a better quality now than I did a few weeks ago. My stamina is a little better, my concentration is a little better and I seem to be enjoying it a little more. The very hard part is afterwards. It is also a social game, and every squash club I know in the Toronto area has a bar. Squash players are beer drinkers. There is nothing like the taste of a nice cold beer after a long, hard, tough squash match.

So how do I manage? It is not easy, let me tell you. See my problem was, (and still is to be truthful) that one would never be enough, the first would go down so easily, then the second ... well, one has to replace all the fluids that leeked out of the body during the match. (It's difficult not to sweat during a squash match.) Now all my friends at the club are questioning why I'm not joining them in a drink, and as you know it's difficult to share one's personal hell with others. Right now, it's because I'm just trying to see if I can go a month without drinking and try to turn it into a laugh about how difficult it is.

I'll just have to come up with a story after next week, as I'm now 26 days AF and counting ... 30 days was my initial target, but I'm getting close, now I think I need to reset that target to 60 days, or maybe it should be 31 and go from there ...

Comments and suggestions welcome.
    :racer:

Squash players are beer drinkers!!

26 days is amazing! Set that goal soon, you are almost there. Funny thing about beer, my husband doesn't drink at all. Every once in awhile (literally once every couple of years), after physical exsertion/sports, he'll down a beer. Says it's the only time it tastes good. Of course he'll only drink one and be done. You and I are a differnt breed and wouldn't be able to stop there. Congrats again on meeting your goals!
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Working...
    X