Since I have cut down my drinking..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, I did not make the 30 days. I did manage 4 which was great for me! So, I am starting,.......again. Congrats to all who are doing it!!! You are my inspiration to help me out get where you are! :l and :thanks: to all of you!

But, on a good note. I have noticed some changes.

1. I don't have to keep drinking and drinking anymore, I have been managing to stop and say to myself "I don't want another one, I'll get some Perrier instead" and actually enjoy it and not resent it in my hand.

2. I have added energy to play with my baby girl more. I don't wake up feeling like there is a road crew working in my head, racked with guilt and shame.

3. My hubby and I are getting along better as I am not so sensitive and ready to attack because of the alcohol. I can actually see what he is saying and not that he is accusing me or anything like that. I did marry a wonderful man; he is a credit to his sex. Even though three are days I don't always think that, my life would be so sad without him in it.

4. My house is much cleaner and I'm cooking some kick a$$ meals lately!!

Cutting down has been great for all of us. Thank you all for helping me realize this. I know I could not have done it without the support from all of you. :l

Thats brilliant GG.
    Welldone keep it up
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Go GG!

On a personal note, I have to say that I always enjoy your posts, you are so obviously such a warm, intelligent and compassionate chickie.

France is lucky to have you!

Gem x
      Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Ahhh GG, that's fabulous that you're making such progress and realising all these gains, big and small.

Doo
        :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

hidden_gem;130842 wrote: Go GG!

On a personal note, I have to say that I always enjoy your posts, you are so obviously such a warm, intelligent and compassionate chickie.

France is lucky to have you!

Gem x
          Thank you so much for saying such a beautiful thing about me! :l

I thank my baby girl for that; she has turned me into one big gigantic marshmallow. She has changed me into a new person. I always enjoy listening to yours as well, I love hearing what you have to say. And even though I never got around to replying, I love your amethyst avator! It's my baby girls birthstone, everytime I see it I think of her.

:l to you again!

Comment

more2life;130879 wrote: I'm proud of you GG. Happy to see your post this morning, I was starting to get worried about you, b/c I haven't seen anything from you for a while.

You don't need to do the 30 if you can moderate. I just couldn't moderate anymore. Give me a glass, you might as well give me the whole bottle. I hope to be able to enjoy a glass of wine again some day.

Keep posting, I live vicariously through you. :h

More2Life
            Sorry about the non-posting lately. My fine specimen of a husband took 5 days off to be with his little harem and we have been moving non-stop. Now that he is back to work, we can breathe a bit and great ready for the weekend.

I'm slowly learning to moderate. I still take all my supps and when I really feel the urge to get plastered I have even managed to open it up and put it on my tongue (gag me with a spoon!); someone suggested that, I can't remember who, but I did it and it worked when I was really getting the hard cravings.

I missed you all terribly though! I kept wondering how everyone was doing and what was everyone up to these days.

Comment

Janie;130873 wrote: It is my baby girls birthstone too, 2-3-03!!!!
              Lucky charm that gem turned out to be!

Comment

:l :l GG:l :l
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I was wondering where you've been the last few days. I too have noticed that I don't feel compelled to sit and drink until the bottle is empty. I now see a cut off point and I'm happy because I don't have the meds yet.

Congrats on the great meals and time spent with your little one.

Don't be a stranger.

Melissa
                  If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Thanks Melissa! You're fab girl! Want to come over tonight? I am cooking some veal for dinner (sorry to all those PC meat people out there).

Comment

Any progress is good progress. Good for you!
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

GG,

Share some of your kick-butt meals with us then!!!!!

I love new recipes. Especially when they come from France.

You go girl!

Comment

Happier, I LOVE your avatar!:h :h

I have a copy of the original Bambi movie on VCR. Just love the first 1/2 of that movie! (not so much the sad ending...)
                          Thumper rocks!:H
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Finally someone loves my avatar!!!! Yeah!!!!!

Thumper is pretty cool and I can be quite nervous at times so I thought it would be perfect for
                            me because Thumper doesn't say quite the right things. Like why was Bambi walking funny after he was born. And I am rambling right now on GG's post just like Thumper would.

I am waiting for those French recipes GG. Can't you see me tapping my feet?

Comment

:yougo:
                              Brilliant post GG, I want to moderate some day soon too after I have been AF for 30 days - day 7 at the moment - Yeah, never knew I could do it !!!!!! :H
                              Just believe - that's all you have to do

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                              X