Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a bit of encouragement!

Hi all,

I've broken up with that controlling scuz ball, and really wanted to do the 30 days af, but have fallen down a couple of times, and get so disappointed in myself.

I hate having this problem, and want nothing more than to be rid of the urge to drink, can go for a while and then it just overtakes me, and with the recent breakup it has been really hard. My will to abstain just disappears sometimes and I hate it.

I think I will try Campral, as to date have just been taking the supps and doing the cd's. One good thing is I have walked away from the stress of being with a controller, I was supposed to be moving in with him this weekend, got out of that by the skin of my teeth. I want to have this demon under control before I get involved again.

This is day 1 again for me, pray for strength for me guys, thanks.

Love Jasmin
    :thanks: :h

Good luck Jasmin.

Comment

Jasmin,
      I wish you all the luck it sure sounds like you have a nice fresh start.

Good luck!
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Jasmin, I'm so glad to hear that you're moving forward with your life. I'm sure it's hard right now, as you say, to not think about drinking but you'll get through this and be a better person for it.
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Jasmin, You sound like a strong person, and you have the right attitude - you can do this!

pixie
          AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Good Luck Jasmin, sounds like you were VERY wise not to move in with this guy..especially being in a vulnerable state. Living together can be very very tricky, especially for women..commitment with no commitment..mostly convenient for the man, but can be emotionally challenging for the woman, especially if he isn't a committed husband...and if he is controlling...Ouch! Sorry, just MHO. Good luck on the campral. I'm on round two with the topamax, and day one stopped ALL desire to drink. Amazing!

Comment

Jas, one step at a time, good you got away from the controlling boyfriend. Don't take his calls and focus on what you want in terms of your drinking. I think your very strong to have seen this man for what he was before you moved in with him. You can do anything you set your mind to. Jas has the power!!
              Smile
              Mar

Comment

I wish you well.
                Paulx

Comment

You can do this Jasmin. And congrats on getting out of an unhealthy relationship. There's nothing worse than an unhealthy relationship for someone with a drinking prob. We just have a constant excuse to drink too much. You have the opportunity to reinvent your life now. Think positive. And keep logging on here! I had a bad day a few days ago and the support and advice I was given from the wonderful people here helped me put it into perspective and stay on the right track. One day at a time... Good luck.

Julie

Comment

Jasmin you can do this! Keep coming around here. It helps a lot.
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Jasmin,
                      Having him out of your life will give you some peace. But Campral really does help with the cravings, it really does. If you doing as well as you are without them you'll do really great. Just get into a positive mindset and be thankful that guy won't be dragging you down anymore. We can pretty much do a good job of that by ourselves!! :h
                      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X