Loretta Lynn and Mama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loretta Lynn and Mama

My Mama has been dying to go see Loretta Lynn and she is here tonight in concert so I surprised her with tickets for Mother's Day since next week she will be recoping from surgery and starting chemo after that. This is the first Mother's Day we have spent together since I left home when I was 16...I am 35. So, it was to be a BIG one. We celebrated yesterday and today...made a whole weekend of it. It has been GREAT!!! I told her she had better get well since I am sitting through Loretta Lynn, I had originally told her I wouldn't go, but since she is sick, I am gonna do whatever she wants to do!!!! BUT, she better get well torturing me with ol' Loretta....!!! HA HA

Loretta Lynn and Mama

That is so nice that your doing that for her lov, Loretta Lynn isn't for me either. But if you listen to her lyrics they are pretty interesting. Have fun and enjoy your Mama. Thank her for us because without her we wouldn't have you!
    Love Ya
    Mar
    PS My Mom wants to see Il Divo ugh; at least I'd get eye candy!

Comment

Loretta Lynn and Mama

Oh BTW LUV, we have Merle Haggard for our county fair this year would you like to come with me?
      Smiles
      Mar

Comment

Loretta Lynn and Mama

Loretta Lynn, never heard of her. But had a look at her website. She looks like you need to take major sedatives prior to attending her concerts - and in order to sit through you need to equip yourself with airline sickbags, ha, ha.

But hey! Good on yah. I would've done the same for my folks. Frankly, I did similar things - just out of gratitude for them saving my life. I'm a premie - born at 6 months. My twin died 3 days after birth, and my life was hanging on a thread. If it wasn't for my dad working overtime to pay for the incubator, I wouldn't be alive today. So I understand ;-))

Hope all goes well with your mama! God bless
        Paddy
        Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Loretta Lynn and Mama

Go rent "Coal Miner's Daughter" and watch it before you go. It might shed some light and make you able to tolerate the music a little better.

Comment

Loretta Lynn and Mama

What a wonderful gift that you will always keep close to your heart. Fsophish is right, check out that movie and you most likely will relate to the hardships that this lady lived through.... Enjoy Hon !! Much Love, Niblet

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Loretta Lynn and Mama

Yup, sorry ladies, nothing personal of course against Loretta. I'm just really no fan of country music. I guess it's a cultural thing, too, as I'm not American. In Europe we have our own cultures of music. So, sorry, I didn't want to upset anyone with my comments.
              Paddy
              Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Loretta Lynn and Mama

Paddy,never! She is considered a Queen of country music here. She did do something with Jack White (of the white stripes) that your may find interesting.
                Smiles
                Mary

Comment

Loretta Lynn and Mama

I have seen the movie, youll forget...I am in the dirty south...they make us watch it here...HA HA

Comment

Working...
                  X