...and....MY DAUGHTER PASSED THE BAR!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this in MoMod but guess I just want to share with my other friends as well...this is good news & I hope you can join in the joy...

Dear Friends,
    I am finding it a nice time for myself to just relax & come on here & say hello to friends that I actually "really" can talk to.

*****some words to the Muffins** then..

Speaking of which ...MY DAUGHTER PASSED THE BAR!!!! This is huge. Been crying all day. She failed the first time... out of pure fear! Yes fear is crippling. I have had some beautiful friends praying & I have been praying like mad. First time around we all just assumed she would pass due to her grades, etc.

For all who don't know, my daughter was a heroin addict in high school. With the grace and love of God there is always hope & healing. I love telling the story -- one of success & hope for others.

Oh...yes..of course anytime we go through these severe challenges the ol' Mom worries about the daughter's depression & tendencies...it is always always serious with me! This has been a whole year of strain and worry.

That is why my husband & I are emotionally overwhelmed at the moment. And praising God/Holiest Spirit/Allah/Yahweh/The One/Christ/Brahma ....whatever you like!!...and of course all the support that we have had off & on ...It truly does takes a village!!

Oh..my daughter is my soul sister for sure...

Where was I...right... I was thinking today...we really need to get rid of the social stigmas, etc & start using new words. I mean I don't like alcoholic, addict, only because they have been used & misused for so many yrs.

What about NCD...Neuro-Chemical- Disorder...I mean the drug companies would love it... and there could be hundreds of varieties ..like all of the the Disorders....Does 'NCD" already exist?

Peace be unto all of you!!!!
    ~C

PS..If you know of anyone with a teenager addicted....there is hope..have them talk to me anytime...

PSS...Whew...I sleep well tonight..if I don't stop crying.... :h

That is so awesome, tears of joy such a great feeling. I am liking the new wording thing alcoholic is such an old, tired, and your are right misused word. We are all so different it hard to beleive medical profession puts us all in one catagory. To me its like saying that people with a cold have pneumonia. Maybe not a perfect analogy but it is how I feel also.

Sammys

Comment

Thx sammy ...should we start a PR campaign?

Comment

Chrysa that is wonderful news about your daughter. She must be jumping for joy as are you!!! Congratulations!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

That's WONDERFUL chrysa! I'm so happy for you & your daughter. Congratulations!
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Thank you lushy & Brez...yes I think she is jumping for joy...I am exhausted!!!!

Comment

C~

You are exhausted from riding that damn broom for days! Looks like it takes a lot of effort!

Comment

Chrsya..again, CONGRATULATIONS, to you, your daughter and your family. What an accomplishment! Look out world!

Comment

You are so right --Duck!!! Humpin' is hard work as you know!!

Comment

I think you can relate to the new me duck?!?

Comment

Chrsya? You've come a long way from your original avatar, haven't you? :0)

Comment

Chrysa - what a wonderful story of triumph and hope! I am very happy for you and yours!

Comment

WooHoo!!! Hugs and happiness for you and yours! I would love to talk with you about this some other time-it is celebration time now!
                          Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Chrysa that's great news! Congrats. We're happy, also after all your daughter has been through - and you, of course.

Hugs
                            Paddy
                            Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Chrysa... WOW!!! Congraulations to your daughter... and to you! What an amazing feat!

Scoob
                              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Working...
                              X