Slipped back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slipped back

Hi, after doing so well and 30 days af I seem to be slipping back to old ways. I'm drinking a bottle of wine every other night - not the worst in the world but not great either. Feel like I'm managing my alcoholism rather than controlling it. Any words of wisdom of how to get back on track would be most welcome. It would be nice to feel free and not have to think about it / work at it so hard!

Slipped back

Nic, gotta slip back the other direction. Are ou still on supps? Topa, etc? What did you do before to go 30 days? Gotta do it again. We have had many discussions about AF then going mods, MANY of us can't...to short of time...maybe that is what happened? I am NOT and expert, just asking. Some of the others may have insight to help as well. KEEP COMING HERE TOO...IT HELP A LOT.

Comment

Slipped back

Hi, the supps were the main thing I used as well as reading lots on here. I think I might use the kudzu again. Maybe the truth is that I can't moderate - that probably is the truth. I think I have been in / am in denial about that. Perhaps I need to accept that either I am AF or if I choose to drink then realise I'm on the slippery slope and not kid myself that I'm in control. Thanks for making me think Luvuall - I'm of to the health store to get some kudzu!

Comment

Slipped back

Great move Nicolle, I hope you got the Kudzu and hang around here for support
        Suz
        Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Slipped back

Nic, Luv is a smart girl, if you can go 30 A/F days just to slip back into a pattern of a bottle of wine every other night, Maybe moderation isn't for you. But have you had some sort of stress or trigger that bought you back to the wine? I agree with you, better get the kudzu. and we will start again. It's hard but you can do it. You already proved that with your 30 A/F days
          Smiles
          mar
          Smiles
          mar

Comment

Slipped back

It took me 4 yrs of trying to convince myself I could moderate & another 4 years to find a way to quit. I'm glad I went AF. No more worries, no more alcohol consuming my thoughts, no more "oh, gotta stop-it's my 3rd glass or slow down". The chains are broken & I'm free.
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Slipped back

Nicole, it took me a LONG time to figure out I cannot drink moderately. As Breez said, which is the same for me - I am glad I went AF as well. "No more worries, no more alcohol consuming my thoughts". Being AF really does set you free!

Comment

Slipped back

Nicole, I think a lot of us have gone through this. I do think it is wise to continue with some aspects of the program after you feel everything is going the way you want it. Especially the CD.s and vitamins I personally thought I wanted to moderate at one point; and I found that it wasn't so much that I wanted to moderate. The truth of the matter was that I was not willing to give up the alcohol. Mentally that was just a little more than I was capable of giving up at the time. I finally decided (after slip, after slip, after slip) that I cannot drink AND I have had my fill of booze. Since I have finally accepted the fact that alcohol is my enemy and has no place in my life, not drinking is much easier. I do not feel the impending "when am I going to get another drink" thing. I have given it up and hope to never have it in my life again. It doesn't haunt me any more, and the value of that to my sobriety is huge. Do I ever feel the cravings for a drink? yes. But drinking is not an option. I am sure these will be less and less as time goes on.

It was the same when I quit smoking. Until I decided to let go of the possibility of smoking, I was always (sub-consciously maybe) hoping to break down and get my nicotine fix. Just accepting the fact of being smoke free, released me to become that way. I found that really looking at my life and what I really wanted was instrumental in changing my attitude enough to accept my new way of life. I know you are not happy with yourself right now, but it may be time for a lessen learned. Accept it and move on.

You can do this and you are important.

God Bless
                Bear
                What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Slipped back

Troubles!

Thanks MD. All that advice makes sense. I do need to accept I can't do moderation I can see that as clear as a bell now. I just need to work up the courage to do something about it. Am struggling to get back on course after miscarriage (managed not to drink when pregnant!) and fraught relationship problems - I know its always easy to find a reason to drink, everyone has their troubles! Thank you

Nicolexx

Comment

Slipped back

MD that was wonderful. Some of us just can't moderate - we have to be AF - I am one of those. Most of us aren't to the stage that MD is yet (I'm not but wish I were), so we slip occasionally. Nicole, it is a necessary part of the learning and accepting process. Maybe by slipping a little you are just moving further along this journey - getting closer to the end.
                    You got thrown from the horse - now just get back on and gallop off into the sunset, cowgirl!

:h
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Slipped back

Hey Nicole. I'm also another person that has no desire to mod. Some of us can't do it. Nothing to be ashamed about. Actually, it's pretty darn good. Why I slip now and then I don't have my finger on, but I know, drink is not the answer. Anyway, are you and Mags related? Whats with the feet? :H
                      where does this go?

Comment

Slipped back

Morrison - I was wondering the same thing. Now we may have to have a discussion on who has the cutest toes!

Comment

Slipped back

Toes!

Your toes are way cuter! If I wore shoes like that I would fall over and break my neck! And that's without having a drink!

Comment

Slipped back

And guess what? I didn't even paint those smiley faces on them. I was born with them!

Comment

Slipped back

You are so funny! It's lovely to laugh. Thankyou xx

Comment

Working...
                              X