Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important people in our lives, pls post

One person…

Has anyone ever had one person effect them so much that they would be willing to drop everything for that person… Do anything for that person… Be anything for that person… Even die for that person?

Hehe, I know it is beginning to sound a bit maudlin with the way that this post is starting, but I wanted to give thanks to someone that really brings out the best in me and is fundamentally the reason for me to continue with my struggles and want to be the best person I can for the other.

Before I begin, I would ask that you think about the above comments and if you have some one that is incredibly important to you, take the time to post about that person here.

I am thinking of my son. My little Bitty Boy, His Bittiness, the Bitty Dictator, My little Buckaroo. While he is only 2 years and 3 months old he is my rock. Not in the way you would expect. I want the world for him and because of that I will stretch and strain to become a better father, husband, and worker to give him everything I can.

I still remember the first day… He was huge and Mom is a little gal so they had to do a C-Section. I got to hold him first and I instantly had a bond with my son. From that day forward I never had troubles or balked when it came to him. I changed diapers like a pro (I personally think I do a much better job at it than anyone else) and my world began to take shape more for his needs than mine.

Watching him grow has been one of the only joys I feel I have in my life. He is so clever and quick. He has a little devilish side in him that I am greatly amused by but the wife doesn’t appreciate as she is usually the one he pulls it on.

I feel uncommonly blessed because he is a very healthy, incredibly strong, very smart little boy. BTW it isn’t just a proud Dad saying that but he gets that from the day care ladies and really from anyone who knows him. What scares me is that he has such a flirtatious way about him and he looks loads better than Dad so he is going to be one for the ladies… And he knows it already. You should see how he flirts (no kidding) with ANY pretty lady he sees.

I look at past pictures of him and I see how much I love him and the joy he brings me. I love to take him to the park and play and let him get dirty and have fun (Mom isn’t so happy about that, she is like a mother hen). I like to play with him everyday as his giggle/laugh is so infectious. The highlight of my day is when I walk through the front door and he yells, “Dada!”, and then runs over for a big hug.

That’s my positive post for the day. I would love to hear others tell us about someone special to you.
    Hablur

Touching and Beautiful Hab, I can see that he is your life! Mine is my little Grandson Caden 5 years old with a flirting personality. Huge brown eyes! The love of my life we met on an Oct. day at 3:20 pm and I held him that entire evening as he was a little night owl. That was the greatest love I have ever experienced!
    Smiles & tears (good ones)
    Mar

Comment

Mornin' Hablur (wot in the name of Santa and all his little helpers does that name mean???)
      Nice thread mister...and like you, I would have to choose my dear offspring as my 'person'...there are many others in my life who have had a positive effect, but none so constant and profound as that of my dear daughter...also like you, I do not feel this is just a biased parent talking...she really is the nicest person I have ever had the pleasure to meet bless her. The one and only that never drives me mad...that I could NOT EVER do without, or move on from....the one always in my thoughts...and the first I think of when I want to share a happy or sad story....
      She is a dear, kooky, funny, generous, hardworking, loyal, gentle, sweetheart who makes me want to be a better person...she rarely asks for anything...but ALWAYS gives her all....
      Thank you universe...I don't know quite wot I've done to deserve her....but I am ETERNALLY and overwhelmingly grateful.....

Comment

My daughter Sophia- I won't make it long I've talked about her plenty. I would die for my little monkey. :h
        Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

My children, all three of them. My life would not be complete without them. I simply can't choose one because they all provide the pieces to make me whole. Don't know how I survived before they got here.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

What a nice thread..thanks to all of you. It's kind of a hard one..I have three children and four grandchildren..I can't just pick one, so I'm going to say my husband. He's been my rock..his head is as hard as a rock, but that is ok. He married me and my three kids and we've been through thick and thin. He is gentle and kind, devoted and committed..he does the best he can and helps me be the mom and grandmom that I want to be. He loves 'our' grandkids as if they were his own..even though he is the step dad and they have two other grand dads..but he is special..he is 'pops', and since he didn't have offspring of his own, he takes them on like they were his..he is the one that has their pictures on his dashboard in his van, and is very present about what kind of legacy he wants to leave for them..they are his 'higher' purpose...and I think that is grand. We grow together..even though it's tough sometimes, and I could just smack him..I don't know what I would do without him. Thanks for letting me say this...it really feels good to sit down and think about it.
            Di

Comment

I would most definitely say my little daughter! She has given me so much. She has given me the will to live and to get my life back. She is a miracle - I truly believe God sent her to me (and I am not religious to the point of going to Church) to enrich my life and for me to see what true happiness is really about. My life was complete shit from the time I was born until she came into it. No lie. OK, I am blubbering now - but I would definitely die for her in a heart beat!

Comment

My two wonderful daughters - I can't say enough about them, our relationship - we've been a threesome for the last 8 years , but the eldest is ready to spread her wings and will leave in the summer for university. Whilst I'm excited for her just the thought of her not being here is enough to head for a new box of tissues (here I go again!) :h
                :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                Goals:
                Days 1-7 DONE
                Days 8-14 DONE
                Days 15-21 DONE
                30 days DONE
                60 days
                100 days

Comment

I love this thread - my two boys are the loves of my life also - Here it is almost Mother's Day and we are honoring our wonderful children. That's so beautiful. It also reminds us why we decided to stop drinking - for them also.
                  Happy Mother's Day to all (even to you great dads)
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

OF Course my daughter, as you have all said about your children.
                    So to give some variety I'll go way back... (a story for all you romantics out there)

I grew up in a household full of heavy drinking, emotional abuse, some physical and sexual abuse, and tons of trauma. I was always the 'freak' - the one who loved school and learning, the one who thought 'gee, maybe there's a better way to live'... etc.

I was terribly shy and had few friends. Certainly didn't date in highschool - terrible self-esteem... even though I had had an inkling since I was very young that there was something very good and very special about me. I squashed that theory as much as I could because it didn't seem anyone else agreed. The best I could do to fit in was to agree with everyone else that I was a freak and absolutely nothing special at all.

Then along comes this strange and quite handsome young boy during my senior year of high school. We ha art class together and somehow he became totally enamored with me. He finally convinced me that I was worthy of his attention and being someone's girlfriend... so we became each others' "first love". Through this boy I was finally appreciated for being special. He loved and accepted everything about me. You know how first love goes.... what was so special about this is I had been suicidal for year before meeting him (didn't actually do it because my older brother beat me to it). This awkward boy brought me out of the hell that had become my self-knowing. I began to like myself some, because he did a lot.

So first lovers, prom, etc. We were together on and off for a few years after high school. Then we went our separate ways... though I had always been eternally grateful for him helping me find my goodness inside.

Fast forward 24 years.... we went to school in Florida. We are both now in Washington state. And after we both had been married, had kids, and divorced, we have reunited.

Mike is the most influential person in my life, because he recogizes all that is within me. The good he massages and adores, the not so good he takes on easily.
                    I have been, the last 24 years, more whole because he loved me so thoroughly. I now am blessed to have that love once again.
                    Hugs,
                    imatree

Comment

I've got to say, it's my two boys in equal value but if my older son Alex (16 and in Germany for all of this year on exchange)... he is so calm and through periods of turmoil has actually given me the most sound advice I could ever ask for. He's a gentleman, a scholar and has a quit wit. He lights up my world... the both do

Scoob
                      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Working...
                      X