Wierd things going on in Hypno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, this is a little odd, but don't tell me I'm the only one that has strange visualizations during hypno!

when the pleasant voice tells you to walk down stairs, or enter/exit the elevator my mental image cannot walk properly!!! it's so frustrating and distracting. My left foot keeps getting caught behind my right foot and my "hypno me" walks like he's all messed up.

D-oh!!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

YES!!! I swear to you!!! I cannot walk down that damn flight of stairs properly and then I find my feet twitching in bed. But seeing as you only really need to focus on the 1st CD for a short while and then you can focus on the 2nd one I have not had that issue lately. So I mainly listen to the 2nd CD and the others in that set now. But darnit I am going back to that 1st one until I can perfect the stride.......
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

The first time I listened to the the mediation tape (I think that is the one where you are descending) I imagined that I was heading towards hell--down, down, down... I had to use a lot of self talk to not focus on that. It took a few trys, but now I can get to that calm place. My favorite, though, is the sleep learning CD.

Julie

Comment

I am speechless Determinator. Your description makes me laugh!

Comment

Those stairs kind of creep me out also.
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

That is weird D - and funny description.

My image is not really a fully visualized image, I just "know it is me" however I chose a huge sweeping staircase like the one in "De Lovely" and "floated" down it since I had a PCL tear and could not walk down them "for real" anyways.

Then somehow I am at the Abuquerque airport, quite bright and sunny there on an escalator because there are three flights of escalators all in a row then I end up in an elevator that is quite lovely, kind of like the one at the Petroleum Club (15 floors up) all tapestry. Never fully seeing my body, just knowing somehow it is me.

Julie, I first started out on the elevators right near the escalators at the airport, I couldn't go down down down and so I found myself at the top of that elevator at the Petroleum Club. Been so long ago I can not remember if I was in a panic going to hell or not!

Comment

wow MKR, very detailed set you have sketched.
              last night I tried "floating" with my feet together so at least I won't stagger through my hypno. Worked fairly well. At first I tried hopping but that was too funny and I started giggling.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

I see myself coming down the Grand Staircase on the Titanic, all dressed up like formal lady looking like a million bucks. But, I never seem to make it to the bottom steps. Go figure? And no handsome man is waiting for me, like in the movie.
                Meow-Meow
                MonaKitty

Comment

MKR Mary, I use a grand spiral staircase too ........
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Betty, love your new aviator, you look awesome!
                    Meow-Meow
                    MonaKitty

Comment

I always imagine the 71 steps that i used to have leading to my tree-house in Colorado. Although it wasn't very relaxing.. it was a lot of shoveling snow in the winter! Well, I take that back... for about 4-5 months it was great... & 1/2 the time was going downhill. Sure miss being in that kind of shape!

Something about relaxing & esculators just don't jive w/ me!
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Yes I sometimes have trouble descending the stairs too! I just have trouble with the descending part - and sometimes I just can't feel/visualize the "going down the steps" - hard to describe but I am trying to work through it also!
                        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
                        X