JUNE NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very good morning to all of us today and a big welcome to our "new" newbies: Marshy, Sandy Waters and Peter Pan:welcome: , you have come to a great place where you will meet wonderful people; dear, sincere members of MWO all of whom have an ever ending drive to work through our problems together: You will always find someone here to help you in your time of need: whether you need a listening ear, a shoulder to lean on, a hug, a laugh, some advice, a recipe, a weight issue, you will find someone throughout the boards, so welcome to our family.

Well, another brilliant thread yesterday, we are all doing great, and as usual if we do slip we are up and ready to jump back on board immediately, we really are amazing, each and every one of us.

Running short on time today but before I go I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for the kind words and encouragement you all give each and every day. Thanks everybody, you are all wonderful kind, caring, people, I wish I had met all of you many years ago, I really want to reach out and hug you, I am so grateful to you, and that really does come from the bottom of my heart, thanks.

:l :h :l

Quote for today: A hangover is the wrath of grapes

See you all tomorrow, have a great day,

Bluesky X
    It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Hello everyone & thanks Bluesky!
    I found last night quite tough. I bought some non-alcoholic beer thinking that might be a good substitute but it just made me want to go out and get the real thing instead. So I won't be trying that again! Anyway, I DIDN'T go out and get the real thing, so I'm starting AF Day 3! Still can't sleep, but what the hell? This site is helping so much.
    Good luck to everyone today!
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Thanks for starting us off Blue - your such an encourager, it's so cool!

Day AF 3 for me and feeling pretty good. Trouble sleeping last night but think it was all the Diet Cokes I had in the evening (I miss having a 'can' nearby :H )

Keep it up today everyone!

Diver

Comment

quote for the day! that is so funny lololol!

marshy, hi. i cant do the non alcoholic wine/beer either. i dont drink for the taste and i can hear my brain going 'wtf?' this aint working. on soft drinks it doesnt expect a buzz (so it sulks).

roxane

Comment

diet coke, full of caffiene

Comment

Hey Roxane! Diet CAFFIENE-FREE Coke on the list to get on my way home LOL!

Comment

HI EVERYONE JUST JUMPED OVER FROM THE 30 DAY CLUB OR RATHER CRAWLED OVER AS I HAVE THE WRATH OF GRAPES, I DRANK LAST NIGHT. BLUESKY HOW DO YOU DO IT, I FIRST JOINED WHEN YOU WERE STARTING YOUR 30 DAYS AND HAVE FOLLOWED YOUR PROGRESS HOPE I CAN GET TO WERE YOU ARE, SORRY I WILL GET TO WHERE YOU ARE - MUST STAY POSITIVE.:h

TA RA

Comment

Hey All!

Poppin' in after some really busy days to check in. I am back to day 9 AF today and I am proud to say that I actually had to think about it. I am no longer thinking about drinking all the time, by mind is busy taking care of other things. One of the greatest improvements that has occurred since I stopped regularly binge drinking is that my house is much cleaner and more relaxing to be in. There was a time where I would end up at the bar because I couldn't bear to be in my dirty house.

The first couple of days its hard and you may have to make several attempts but remember you can do it and you are worth it!!

-Lorelei
                Suddenly I see
                This is what I want to be
                suddenly I see
                Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Hi everyone....Thought I would post here as I am AF 7 days today...I cant believe it....Good job to everyone here...we can do this!....I have tried many times before but feel different this time...and i started on the topa which is really helping ...except that it has ruined the taste of diet pepsi for me...much better that drinking though!...I went to see a movie and dinner last night for the first time without a drink in i cant remember how long...it was really fun...i actually forgot about drinking!...It was really weird when the waiter came and asked if we wanted wine....that was SOOOOOOO hard and i felt like everyone was staring at me....like a spotlight was on me...has anyone felt like that?.....Yuck....I'm sure it gets easier....Well anyway....I hope everyone has a great day and Thaks for reading! God Bless! :l :h :l Buck

Comment

Well, thanks for the nice start Bluesky. I was thinking of starting it this morning, but couldn't do it...! Stage fright.

Well done Marshy! I wouldn't have gotten a fake beer, too much like the real thing, but you didn't give in to a craving and that is a good thing.

Lorelei, my unit got dirty too and then on my first day of AF, i decided to start the clean. It took a few days (i did it bit by bit), but it's looking much better now. Just some minor tweaks and it won't be so bad.

Buckledown, love the decription! You should be in the movies. Congratulations on 7 days AF, you are one day ahead of me!

Nothing to report from me. Made it past the late-night bottle shops without even the slightest temptation, but with a strange sense of fear:egad:.

So, now, i am sitting here with a cup of herbal tea. I felt really good tonight after work.

Anyway, i hope everybodies doing good.

Change
                    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hello everyone,

Day ONE AF for me yesterday.. on day 2 now.. been listening to the tapes for about 2 weeks and on the supplements but only managed my first day yesterday. Hopefully more to come.

Buckeldown, I do remember the internal battle when the waiter ask " and what you like to drink sir ? " BEER !!! Oh, wait, uh.. how about an Iced tea please. Then I get the :wow: from my friends at the table.. What ??? NO BEER ??? are you well ? sick ? what's wrong with you ? etc.. etc.. I usually just say, " I'm taking a break" or " I drank to much last night" which is usualy true anyways.

Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Joe and I had gotten a 12 pack Sunday and there were a few left over, so we polished those off. Could we have left them? Yes. Could we have poured them down the drain? Yes. We didn't. But only 3 each last nite, so not so bad. Kinda bothered me they tasted better than Sunday.

I need to get out of this funk. See my Therapist today.....she'll be disappointed, but......

Anyway Great job on those who are, it's okay on those who aren't doing as well. Hey. We are here, we are gearing up. I did 30+ days once, wasn't even hard. Can do it again. Just need to understand when I sincerely don't have the desire what I truly want from booze. Because the world didn't go away.........

I'm sorry to be a downer. :stop:

Comment

Hi all Day 27 AF for me. Woohoo I'm noticing to pay attention to the triggers that are caused by stress. I'm finding it is time to pay attention to my surroundings and take a few breaths. it is opening up a whole new learning opportunity for me. I'm experiencing a new attitude and learning fearlessness. This is so much better than the mind numbing affects of alcohol.

Welcome to the new guys/gals on the block! Everyone here is awesome. Hang in there, it's always darkest before the dawn.

Off for my swim and a day with my sons.

Love & Light
                          Padme

AF 21, March 2010

"First say to yourself what 
you would be; and then do 
what you have to do."
-Epictetus

Comment

Hey Hart, have heart. Think how few that really is over the course of over a month! Yes, you and Joe can do it again. Bluesky, where do you get these quotes? they are great. Congratulations to everyone on their AF days. Wow Padme, almost a month. For those just starting, the sleep does get better after a few days. For some melatonin helps in the meantime. Yes, I know that feeling of feeling funny not ordering wine with dinner. But often I find I'm not the only one, it is just a habit I need to break. Resisted the 'I deserve a drink while filling out this boring job application" last night and felt good about that. Drink tracker has a few more than I'd like but mostly I'm feeling good about it. Hope everyone has a good day.

Comment

Congrats to all those with tremendous success today!

After 8 days AF I went to the pub and purchased 4 beers last night, although I did not finish any of them because I was drinking so slow. The last one I only finished half of it before deciding to leave, so on the drinktracker I counted only 3. This week I was only going to attempt moderation, so I do feel that I am on track. I will say that after last night I may not drink again for a bit as it really did not do much for me and I found myself thinking quite a bit about "why am I drinking tonight??". Today I feel the same as I have for the last week or so, very tired and lethargic. I managed to sleep about 9 solid hours last night. This afternoon and tomorrow are very busy days for me with work. Lots of stress as I have a project that is due on Friday that is not even close to being done.

Comment

Working...
                              X