4 june af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 june af daily

morning everyone,expect Mick is tied up in bunny dating,hope they're slowly getting on better.
    Up for another day,woke at 2 due to snoring,then struggled to get back to sleep.had to get up and write notes of things to pick up today at work following yesterday's evening meeting.helps me to get it out of my head.

today focusing on planning,time,e mails and major projects,getting HR advice as I think time has come to take action,shes just not coping with the role and demands,so its just not fair on anyone,processes will take a while but sooner they are started the better.I'm realising that inside during dealing with all of this I feel like a scared child,now talking myself out of that and reminding self i'm an adult and i'm safe.sounds bit woo woo but is helping!

anyway,sober,happy,ploughing through nutribullet smoothies each breakfast,think i need to experiment a bit more with the ones with broccoli,stick to baby spinach for now!today is broccoli,spinach,oats,mango, berries seeds and cocoa and cinnamon with almond milk.

anyway shower cools,sorry for lack of interaction - have a great day everyone.
    one day at a time

hiya folks...yes bear you are right ...but tried to get on tintenet before,I couldnt,Julie couldnt either...so thought I would crack on and do something...well had both rabbits in the one part of the garden this morning..the side away from the hutches....and yep they got on fine..Still wary of each other tho,think they both got scratches and bites from day 1 but we will get there...Sandy, for the last 3 years we have tried to get her to come into the house...this morning straight in no messsing ..absolutely brilliant..you know what tho...she is pretty wary going back out down the steep steps..I also put a window in the cold frame at the back of my greenhouse....kind of a "file to fit job" nowt square in it but it lets the breeze thru...repotted tomatoes into bigger pots ..this is the last before their final place...ok thats been this mornings work...kinda peed off about tinternet tho....day was planned
    bear..if you want Ill come down and poor perform this employee no issue at all.... be careful tho...make dsure you cover all bases first because if it goes to tribunal thats what they will want to see...has she been trained ,does she understand the job ,has this been brought up on previous meetings with her?if so what was done ...was there an improvement plan time bound ..was there a review of her performance after that..if not discussed why not....afre there any personal issues that could affect her work..has she told anyone..any medical conditions disabilities?if so has she had an atos (or whatever it is now )referral if not will you?what was her last performance marking....so you see it is a minefield of stuff!!
    99%of the time its just some idle git who wants money for nothing....but you never know the 1%

for you to be on her case ..someone must be on yours..so why should you take the rap??best ov luck

right its brew time........so lets have one ...jump in here you go.....ok mad gang take it easy..just realised 2 yrs 11 months today...also just realise in a months time its my birthday my ast on in the 50s unless you count fifty ten as a legit number!!

Just watched an advert on TV about controlling issues of incontinence.

I pissed myself laughing....

...then I hit rewind and took down the number.

I said to my mate, "My girlfriend keeps asking me if I'm an Alice in Wonderland character, and it's getting very annoying!"

He said, "Are you mad at her?"

I said, "Fck's sake, don't you start!"

The wife and I were browsing in an antique shop today, when she held up a brass letter-opener with a genuine dog's foot handle.

"Ooh, look Dave, we could get this for your auntie Cynthia's three legged dog, Tripod," she giggled. "Maybe he could use it."

"Don't talk like an idiot " I replied. "He never gets any letters."

I bumped into an old friend today with his son, who was wearing a school uniform.

I said to his son, "Wow, look how big you are getting. What year are you in?"

He said, "2015, like everyone else."

Fifa president Sepp Blatter was close to tears after being given a 10-minute standing ovation by some 400 staff as he returned to its Zurich headquarters a day after announcing he was to step down.

He had paid for 20 minutes.

They say having Sex can make you lose a few pounds.
    Not fcking kidding, I ended up with a Daughter, and I lost thousands.

I was playing Frisbee with my dog in the park earlier, but it was crap

I think I need to get a flatter dog.

I was watching some old James Bond movies earlier and he was an issued a super special spy phone.

Big deal, everyone has a super special spy phone now thanks to the NSA

I don't know whether double barrelled surnames are a good idea, if Claudia Schiffer married Brains from "The Thunderbirds", she would be Claudia Schiffer-Brains.

Due to the amount of money involved at FIFA. The Greek goverment is applying for the position of president.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Thursday is just getting started on this side of the pond bear & Mick
      Still raining off & on so I guess gardening will have to wait. But the tomato plants seem to have doubled in size this week. Glad someone/something appreciates all this dampness.

bear, there's no need to second guess yourself if you are following the rules already laid out. Your employee needs to step up & do her job or lose it - her choice.
      Add some plant protein to your smoothie - I use a powdered pea protein with a neutral flavor, yum.

I need to get myself to Curves this morning & stop at a few stores. Hopefully the rain will let up this afternoon so I can get my remaining plants settled in the garden.

Greetings to everyone, have a great AF Thursday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, I've decided I'm giving up on outdoor gardening,all of my plants look dry and depressing Vegas is too hot,the soil sux,and i just don't have the time to baby them,so I'll just stick to houseplants,I feel like digging up my blueberry bush and just grow it in the window, I'm in a pisser mood,these kids drive me feckin bananas!but I won't post about it cuz everyone just skims my posts anyways so I'll save my typing power for other things Lav,how far is curves from you?there's a gym right across the street from us called"anytime fitness" hubs and Brady joined for about a month then quit,lazy asses haha,Mick,jokes were funny,I like the Frisbee one,Bear, you sound good, has your anxiety level gone down? Hello to Pie,Sam,PQ,Det all the gang,let's have a nice Thursday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning, Bear, Mick,Lav, Pauly, and all to come.

Post skimming strongly advised here as the most exciting thing going on in my world is the frenzy of flies in and around my flytrap! Best purchase ever.

Working through my to do list on this beautiful Thursday.

Comment

afternoon all
            off work and feeling tired. Serious lack of energy today, perhaps it's all this grey we've having for this week. Glad to see the rain, though. Off to pick up a mandolin a buddy's been working on, pay bill and 1st half of real estate tax (our county does 2x a year).

later good friends
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Afternoon all....

Sam...I'm off work too (took off 2 hrs early) and also have a serious lack of energy. Bright sun here today, looks like we may get some thunderstorms this evening.

Pie...any chance of a pic of the flytrap? I have a picture in my mind and just wondering if it's the same kind.

Pauly...I think it's a good idea to give up on outdoor gardening in Vegas. (Cactus might work) It's got to be really tough and time consuming to try and maintain them. What do you mean everyone just skims your posts! I read them thoroughly and often more than once as sometimes I miss a sentence and then it doesn't make sense. LOL

Lav...did the rain let up enough for you to finish your planting? Got my garden plot finished. Ended up putting in some marigolds for rabbit control (sorry Sandy/Zeus) and color.

Mick...loved the "advert on tv" joke. Could I borrow some of your energy. I think I have finally hit my burn out. Booked holidays for the 2nd & 3rd week of June. I really need to walk away from everything for a spell. Good to hear things are moving forward with the rabbit union. How long do you think it'll take till it's all sorted?

Bear...and yet another reason to re-think my general manager's job. I think making the decision to engage HR and start the process will be a big relief for you. Is this the first time you've had to let an employee go? You just keep telling yourself that you're an adult and can handle this because you are and can. Hope you had a great day.

Not sure what to do with my 2 extra free hours but am thinking a more elaborate dinner might be nice. Will check back later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Here's the fly trap, PQ. I had one in May, and this is a new one for June. About $5 each.

fly trap.jpg

Comment

Thanks Pi....nope definitely isn't the one I have pictured in my mind! LOL
                  My neighbors out at the ranch had an electric flytrap. They would turn it on and it would zap the flies.
                  Sounded like a lawnmower going all day, I'd rather live with the flies. LOL

Comment

I could use several fly traps in & around the Stella house, Ha Ha!!!
                    The farmer across the road, spreading manure on his cornfields brings every fly in the county!!! Yuck!

Pauly, I read your posts, I read everyone's posts
                    To answer your question I drive about 8 miles to Curves - absolutely nothing is around the corner or across the street here in cow country. I usually stop in a supermarket or drug store while I'm out to save on trips (don't like spending all my time driving). How much longer is your company staying? Maybe it's time to show them the door.....just sayin'

Sam. it has been a crappy, dark, damp week BUT it's supposed to start getting better tomorrow afternoon. At least that's the rumor I heard, Lol Maybe we'll all feel perkier when the sun returns!

PQ, you deserve your 2 week vacation! I hope you relax & have some fun too.
                    I'm still babysitting my veggie plants on the deck. Surely I will get them planted this weekend - I hope!

Tomorrow I plan to try a recipe for white bean meatballs - don't judge me, ha ha!!!!!
                    I cooked up a pound of white beans this afternoon, used half of them to make a spread/dip. The other half will magically be turned into 'meatballs' tomorrow. Stay tuned
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey diddly doo ABeroooooos!

Bear, thanks for kicking us in gear today. yes, new sobriety can feel raw and daunting but quickly gives way to a grand feeling of self-empowerment. enjoy the changes!

Pauly, about the only cool thing I recall growing really well in Vegas is rosemary. See all the hedges along the streets? I'm sure that stuff is sprayed with nasty chemicals but it sure looks happy there.

Sam, post pic of mandolin? I can't play classical instruments but love seeing them. Such objects of beauty.

Mick, was getting a little concerned when one of your bunnies commandeered your computer and posted this:

Lav, I'd try a white bean meatball! what the heck. Put that on a pile of saute'd kale with garlic butter...hmmmmm.

Well, had a good productive day and didn't stress one bit. Got back to the hotel and decided to sneak out for a move

see you all on Aloha friday

be well
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X