june 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

june 13

morn folks and how are we all today then all good hopefully...planted some more plants in between watching the wabbits yesterday..thats it no more room...its raining here today so wont be doing too much outside....supposed to get my puter back today...its a bit early to phone the guy ...6.20!!put the rabbits back on their own hutches last night...he wasnt best pleased..but its far too early for them to be togevva...strangely enough tho as soon as he went in there he calmed down ok nuff yakking ..brew time..

hiya Lav ..how are you today then?all good hopefully.....got to fill little bits sand and repaint the door frame itself yet..that will be a finicky job..brew time?here you go..I agree with you about the computers..jeez what was life like without them?any plans fort the weekend..minecraft menace on his way over?

hiya pauly...wow that was some post yesterday..the one bit that struck me was... some days I look at my life and wonder how the hell I'm doing it sober,I guess just by trying to focus on the good things that come from not drinkin, but shit,some days I can't even focus on the good,.......
    now that says to me.{imo).youre hittin the wrong issue..you are usin booze as escapism..like an aspirin for a headache...now you look at every single person that has stopped drinking..their life has changed in some way..ok so how did they change it?stop taking the aspirins,or look at what was causing the headaches,so that they didnt need the aspirins and..... only my opinion now ..you havent got a YOU interest..yep there lotsa things you do...gotta dos and must dos but what do you do for yourself?:hug:as for exhausting the list of pros....did you include..nt having to worry bout people smelling your breathe ,the stale booze coming thru,driving..if I got pulled would I be over,is my face blotchy,eyes red thru drink?

hiya pie...wow that sounds good to me that salad..especially the curry powder ..I do that a lot..just chuck anything on it...trouble is you eat it and think ..mm thats nice,but cant remember either what or how much you used!!you planning the weekend?

hiya Det .ground control..this is Major Tom.hows you mate..you sound ace at the mo...you are doing brill have a great day with the shooty gunnies!!

hiya ppqp..hows the hols going?all good hopefully...has the volunteer still been pestering you?your hols are your hols!!!take it you are going to your dads today?just got a video of the tank regiments in batus this year..think I was last there in 84...and yet not too much has changed..Suffield is still suffield!!

hiya Sam hows you then mate ..weekend off?have a good one....get some toons goin later ....

right folks ..time for me to depart.....have a great weekend....

A British woman has been arrested in Malaysia after she was accused of causing an earthquake by flashing her boobs on a mountain.

now..just how big are those boobs?

FOR SALE - CRICKET BAT
    can also be used on other insects and animals.

'No job too small' said the ad.

That was a week ago and he still hasn't been round to circumcise my pet flea.

I went to Poland once. It was the worst of the Teletubby themed amusement parks.

My great-grandfather was lost on The Titanic.

"It was bloody huge," he would tell people afterwards.

My dwarf mate is sueing the council for building the pavement to close to his bum.

The American wrestler Dusty Rhodes has died.

The poor guy didn't live long enough to become Tarmac Rhodes.

Following the resignation of Twitter's Dick Costolo this week, Snoop Dogg has put himself forward for the role of CEO.

Followed by a very quick withdrawal when he was informed that hash was a symbol not perk of the job.

I was leaning over a wall in complete agony.
    A lady was passing by and I asked if she could help by administering my medication.
    Sure I will help she said but wasn't so pleased when I handed her my haemorrhoid cream.

I had a note through my door and it read - I've seen lots of people coming out of you place with drugs, so leave town or be killed.
    Not a nice start to the day when your a pharmacist.

I have written a self-help book for people trying to lose weight but it has not been very successful.

It is called Help Yourself.

The first rule of Gullibility club is-give all your money and possessions to the guy running the place.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

MAE all,

More happening in my world today than usual. Meeting some former work colleagues for lunch which I'm really looking forward to. And it's great exercise for this hibernator. I do recall when last I was with this bunch, drinking 3 margaritas while everyone else was still sipping their first. Won't have anything like that to be embarrassed about today, and can just enjoy catching up with them.

Also, summer guest arrives this evening. Feeling mild apprehension over how she'll settle in over the first day or two, but expect we'll be okay.

Mick, my salad concoction turned out well, and I wondered how much better it might be using fresh garden veggies. You're right about not being able to repeat the exact ingredients; not going to make it onto my worry list though.

Comment

morning all
      did a day of surveying yesterday, dang, it was hot and I came home with a small tick infestation. When I say small, that was the tick size, like little small freckles and they are fast moving little critters. It was a little scary to watch: my soon to be ex business partner was having a hard time going up the mountain. He stopped about 1/2 way, his breathing very labored. I was afraid of a heart attack or stroke. We made it back down to the truck, he was better after awhile. I am SOOOO glad I'm sober because I was headed in the same direction as he, he is very overweight. I was on my way as well but now I can fit into clothes from 25 years ago!!

Mick, thanks for the brew, wish you send some of that rain our way, we're in the hot humid mode here. Suppose to play at a winery today, I sure hope it is inside!

Morning Pie, X-post. Your guest a renter?

Off to feed the animal crew. Have a good one friends
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

It's a hot & humid repeat today, swell. I guess this is practice for the 'real summer'.

I hope your computer is happy & healthy now Mick!
        I've been running around trying to keep all the veggies watered during this heat spell, so far so good. Enjoy the rain, save work, ha ha!

Pie, enjoy your lunch today minus the 3 margaritas, ha ha! It's so nice not to have to deal with that misery anymore
        I hope your summer guest settles in quickly. I imagine she is naturally a little apprehensive too.

Greetings to Pauly, Sam, PQ, Det, NS, SF & anyone dropping in today.

Lots of chores to do today including picking up some freshly murdered chicken from our Amish farmer/neighbor.
        Sounds gross BUT we are hoping that this turns out to be a better way to buy & consume organic chicken. The farmer has just started this venture & had to pass all sorts of state inspections to do this legally. I have not been happy buying supermarket chicken, not knowing where it came from or how it was handled. We shall see!!
        I am trying to get the kids & grandkids together for a cookout tomorrow.

Have a great AF Saturday everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, yep Mick I included every tiny detail into the pros and con's of drinkin, including the stomach issues of various sorts,I already had food poisoning twice this year,why drink and feel like I have it again?jokes were funny Lav,freshly murdered chicken doesn't sound very appetizing, let's go with freshly put down haha,agreed though, these companies are shooting up chicken with some kind of growth stuff,I can feed 6 people off of 3 chicken breasts!too bigPie,its crazy how we'd drink 3 or 4 to other peeps 1 and not even think about it or care,have fun today,Det,I lived in your area briefly about 10 years ago,was amazed at how hot it gets,and that summer it would rain every afternoon, hi Sam,have a good one today,Hello to all,let's all have a nice Saturday
          Last edited by paulywogg; June 13, 2015, 08:29 AM.
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sam, Yes. International student from PQ's part of the world, here for 6 weeks. Ticks, eww!

Hi Lav and Pauly.

Comment

Hey Sam - we have plenty of ticks already too. I was standing outside after dinner & wondering why my dog was barking her head off. Yep, there was a deer, just standing there staring at us. I know she has a baby near by which is typical. Just wish they didn't bring ticks along. Ticks, ticks & more ticks
              YB came down with Lyme disease 14 years ago & I swear it fried his brain

Sorry about the graphic chicken description pauly but you knew what I meant, right? Ha ha!!!

Hope you are having a nice evening with your house guest Pie!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X