june 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

june 14

mornin all ..how are we doing then?..all good ...got puter back ..its got all new bells n whistles on it ...but its still crap at tinternet connection..which leads me to believe its more about the modem and the connection ...see ..techie words ...!! so now got windows 8.1 on it...
    just got back from car boot sale ..looking for another onee of those big tunnels for the rabbits ...and anything else ....nowt ..came back with nothing!!
    so now having a brew ...anyone else?

hiya pie how are you then?how did last night go with your friends? more to the point did you have any thoughts about drinking..and more so what did you do...well your lodger from canadia should be there now ..hope it all goes well...

hi sam ..rain on the way as ordered ..how s you today still ticking over?? ok ok I know.....so youre running about in flared trousers and a multi coloured tank top are you ?have a good day mate....

hiya Lav..hows you this fine day then?all good I hope...hows the moided chicken doing?oh deer......didnt realise they brought ticks along with them....ready for another coffee...?any plans for today then?

hiya pauly...and hows you this fine day?all good ?..now then...tell us what you did for you ...yesterday???not anyone else ..but you....

just been on to the internet provider ..apparently the modem isnt working properly so now we have got to do lotsa tests and retune ..blah blah....hopefully get back in in a wee while
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick and MAE All......

Thought I should check in to stay accountable. Had a crummy day yesterday, down in the dumps. Figure it has something to do with being out of my routine. There's a community cleanup going on at the community centre and I'm having feelings of quilt that I'm not there helping out. Trying to put it out of my mind as it's not my job to make sure everything goes right all the time.

You're a brave soul getting windows 8.1, even I wouldn't go for that operating system. Good luck with the connection issues. It really helps to write down exactly what you were doing when things went wrong and what the error messages are.

Off to make some breakfast, will check back and see how everyone else is doing later. Have a Super Sober Sunday all......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Morning,

Excellent lunch with friends! Tea or water all around, and we've made a date to meet again in August.

Lodger is lovely. Poor thing had a super long day of travel over about 3,000 miles, including flight delays and lost luggage. Finally pulled up after 11pm. She's still sleeping, but has an introductory reception to attend at her school this afternoon.

Poring down rain here, so no Sunday morning trip to the dog park. Not at all sure what I may do today.

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Sunday to all

Still hot & humid here, nothing new in that department.

Mick, I have one of those tunnels stored away here, the kids are too big for it now. I should put it outside & let the Stellas play with it now, ha ha or I could ship it to you.
        The 'fresh' chicken is in the fridge & will be grilled this afternoon. Kids & grandkids coming over for dinner later today.
        Sad news in the Amish world this week. One of the local families lost their 11 month old daughter, the funeral was yesterday. It's not clear who is responsible but unfortunately she was run over, how sad.

Aw PQ, I hope your mood lifts quickly. It's hard disconnecting from work, I remember. Can you get away for a few days? It may help to put some distance between you & your place of employment.

Pie, glad your houseguest arrived safely. Travel is not always fun, huh?
        Hope your whole day is not a wash out!

Greetings to Sam, Pauly, Det, NS & everyone stopping by today.
        I'll try to check in later after my crew has come & gone.
        Have a wonderful AF Sunday everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all
          another steamer coming our way. Hope we get some afternoon boomers with some rain relief! Getting hay lined up to move. Hate hate xing the main road, busy and sight distances are terrible.

Mick, sometimes all this high tech stuff is maddening, a person can spend hours fooling with computers and still be at square 1. Good luck!

PPQP, hope you have a good breakfast to begin turning your day around. Community functions are just that, more than just you out there doing the collective do. One way or the other, it work out.

Lav, warm up there? Thinking about putting the baby chicks outside for a bit, gotta watch out for our resident black snake, though.

Pie, glad your guest arrived safe and sound. Send that rain to Virginia, PLEASE!

See you all on the flip side
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,I didn't do anything for myself yesterday except bring on anxiety from too much coffee!bleh,hate that feeling! PPQP,I feel you on the shitty mood,was like that for me yesterday too,that's why I drank the extra coffee,try to perk up,no go,hope we BOTH feel happy today I don't know yet,I'm still in bed,I won't know until I get up and about, Sam,I call dibs on the rain, we can share, Pie,how old is your guest?glad lunch was good,amazing how much we enjoy food and friends when sober Lav,grilled chicken sounds great, sad about the little baby poor thing, hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Sunday ABerooooos! (and Happy fathers day to dads!)

oh my, what a very strange night last night... where to begin. oh yes....

once upon a time in a galaxy far far away (a German restaurant here in town) my wife invited me to be her date at a combination B-day party
              and Burning Man reunion event......

we show up and about half the guests are in wacky costumes, including one fellow in historical German costume with the addition of a Darth Vader helmet ?? so we called him VaderHosen. LOL! there was very much imbibing by all except my wife and I and things got progressively weirder. At the end of dinner they brought out a cake and everyone tried to sing 'happy birthday' in German, some were singing in Spanish and others were slurring too much to interpret. When the cake was set down, two of the guests yelled 'Ein Hammer' and smashed the cake to bits with mallets. That was exciting! a large chunk of cake landed on my plate, so I ate it.... er .... tried to. After having already swallowed it the taste alerted my brain that it most definitely was NOT food. My wife confirmed this by saying sternly: that's not food! i ran to the bathroom to try to hurl it up and returned to inquire what the hell it was. It was a prop made of drywall boards, spackle and house paint. lovely! aaaagh! thankfully the real cake was delivered shortly and I got the taste out of my mouth with real German chocolate cake.

sorry to hear about anxiety/guilt and ticks. none of them very useful things. Been trying really hard lately to just let things roll off my back like a Buddha-duck and not allow myself to stress out. So far it's been much better and my awareness of my emotions is growing.

Lav, fantastic you sourced some local organic chickens. I hope more of us can do the same sort of thing.

wishing you all a restful and AF Sunday

be well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,funny story!sorry you popped fake cake into your mouth,Eew,and I nearly shit my pants when you said happy father's day, ran to check the calendar and its NEXT week,whew,a relief thought I'd have to do a quick dash to get a card
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
                  ....oh my, what a very strange night last night... where to begin. oh yes....

once upon a time in a galaxy far far away (a German restaurant here in town) my wife invited me to be her date at a combination B-day party
                  and Burning Man reunion event......
                  :harhar:

Was checking back to say I'm having a much better day and after reading Det's post it got even better. Thx!

Pi...sounds like you had a great get together with your friends and glad your lodger made it safe and sound. These 6 weeks will fly by. (Oh...sorry for mentioning the "f" word). What did you end up getting up to?

Lav...thanks and yes the mood has lifted. Got physically active and that always seems to help. Your Sunday dinner sounds great.

Sam...you be safe with that hay hauling...it's like 'here we go again'. Breakie definitely helped and you are right the community function is just that, a community effort.

Pauly....hope your day turned out better than yesterday after you got up. Mine has improved as well. Instead of feeling responsible for the "clean up" just got my "Goodwill" items together and drove them over. Turns out the Office Superintendent was there (I'm sure at the request of boss #1) and all was well. Hope you get a break with the heat soon, been watching the temps on the news. Its been about 48F here.

Got the groceries bought (stew tonight), laundry going and heading out for a walk. Have a good one all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

ah crap. wondered why my Dad was startled when I wished him happy fathers day today. d-uH! prolly thinks I fell off the wagon LOL

PQ, stew here as well. Elk tomato.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X