15 june af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 june af daily

hey everyone, quick post before work, I've lost some posts have checked in.

All good here,sober and no desire to go back - old friend came round to do quote for decorating bedroom and hall,he is in AA and sober for 18 months now - so pleased for him,he looks great and is obviously so much happier.Keep seeing people who've quit successfully, which is great and I'm thinking maybe a sign.

I feel like I'm getting closer to acceptance that I can't drink,stopped over thinking it and accepting it just for addict brain chatter. I realise that i have a lot of pride and judge myself for thinking I am an alcoholic(though not anyone else) partly not trusting own judgement,partly my need to be perfect to be acceptable.Hopefully I can now focus the energy battling the 'can i can't i have a few' to live my life and to focus on never having that first drink.

MWO has been an enormous part of this and all of you here so thank you for being such good friends in cyber space.
    Interested in reading more AA lit,not ready for a meeting yet but not ruling it out in the future. Progress.
    one day at a time

mornin all.. on the main puter again this mornbin ...managed to get on the lap top last night later on ..its seeems likr#e the internet wont let me connect ast busy times and yet I can on the main one..spoke to an engineer yesterday..they are sending outr a new router,..been up since dearly doors,sanded down and stained the kitchen door frame filled a few of the little gasps in the wood..and broke the blade on my bandsaw!!sun is out today..so are the rabbits ..as each day passes they get more and more confident with each other..ok brew time..

weell you will have seen,someone that worked so hard to achieve af fell to the experimentation/curiosity ..can I just have the one and control it....I posted on the 100 day thread,but it seems such a waste after so much trying...

hiya bear hows you then?take a leaf from your friends book ..he is spot on !!have a nice sunnny day ..it is here!!

hiya ppqp..hows you today...hopefully better...shouldnt really be feeling guilty because you arent at work tho..habve you any other interests?when I retired it was ..woe is me...the prison service cant cope without me,what will I do..in actual fact now..couldnt be bothered with it all..got plenty of other interests,far too many to be thinking about locking crims up ..and yes the ps is still going!!!asa for windows 8.1..I think its good once you get into it..its the bloody tinternet thats frying ma heed!!!you have a great day...

hiya pie...firstly chuffed you n the lodger are going to get on...first impressions do count..yesterday ...went to a car boot sale...there was a stained glass window for sale there...and just for a moment .....but I didnt!!glad you enjoyed your lunch with your friends...youll be hungry by August ...

Man oh man ..Lav just read your post about the grilled chicken..and you knbow sometimes you get those nutty thoughts?..ok I do..the chicken will be grilled this aft.....ok what is your name ?where are you from?how old are you?answer me!! ok ok time for ma tablets!!yep going to get another of those tunnels for the rabbits they love it...brew time ..here you go..

det ..stay off those funny fags!!your frazzling your skull!how you doing mate apart from having mad dreams..and not knowing what day it is...hey but we are all guilty of that one at times!!what was the final result of the shooting compo?

hiya Sam...steamers ,boomers whats all this then?hows work doing mate?all happy on your round?did you put the chicks out?..have a good one

hiya pauly hows you then today?ok lets tasked yesterday as a practice..today is Pauly day.... are you working today?..remember tt laugh..that way people wont know whether youn are mad bad or sad..tho personally ..I wouldnt let anyone standing laughing at nowt anywhere near my head with a pair of skissors!!!

right folks ..gotta go an check on the 2 monsters...have a great day all

big shout to any I ve missed

Eleanor Hawkins, deported for posing topless in Malaysia, has spoken publicly for the first time.

"I can't believe they made a mountain out of two molehills."

"I'll believe that you aren't lying to me and that you're sober if you can touch the end of your nose," said the cop.

"Fck," replied Pinocchio.

Don't you hate it when people leave a Football match before the end so that they can avoid traffic?

Our goalie is always doing it.

I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all the extra free time?

Its nearly summer solstice and people flock to Stonehenge to see the sun aligned with the stones
    Don't worry if its cloudy and wet, if you take enough acid you'll still see it.

Nature is wonderful, I still marvel that the pretty flower belladonna can solve all your marriage problems.

I've opened a Alfred Hitchcock themed fast food delivery restaurant.

I've named it, "Dial B for burger".
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Glad things are moving forward for you bear
      It is inspirational to watch someone change their life in a positive way. You can do it too!

Mick, internet connection is vital to me for business & personal reasons. Thankfully we have a good & responsive cable company here. When we first moved in here 12 summers ago there was no cable available yet! We pestered them nicely until they agreed to run the cable in this area. We got everyone on our road to get rid of their satellites & get hooked up to the cable, ha ha!!! I hope the new router helps, usually does
      The chicken dinner was very good - fresh!! Locally & organically raised 8-10 weeks old & not shipped to China for processing, ugh. We are getting on the farmer's regular list & he will notify us when he has the next batch ready. Amish farmers & their cell phones - ha ha!
      Enjoy your sunny day & bunnies!
      Oh & about people choosing to drink again......that's their choice, they have to deal with the eventual fallout. I do resent be lied to here though. I don't like people taking advantage & wasting my time

Sam, hot, humid & drenched was the word here yesterday! Looks like a repeat is in the works for today.

Det, that party sounded like one of my nightmares - GEEZ!!
      Happy birthday anyway

Hey there Pauly, PQ, NS, Pie & everyone stopping in today.
      I'll check in later to see what everyone's up to today. I'm off to Curves.
      Wishing for a great AF day for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,I like the Pinocchio joke haha,bunny pics please Bear,we're coming along nicely finally I think, working on bettering ourselves,are you still involved in roller derby?Lav,you inspired me to have hubs grill chicken yesterday and same as you a sudden downpour!when I seen your Facebook pic,I had to laugh I don't know why anyone would lie about being sober on an alcohol site,kind of pointless to me, I don't know if I've ever ran across it,most people just admit they drank from what I read, off to get ready, hello Sam,Pie,PPQP,Det, let's all start the week off right
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lav, I heard that the processed chickens have been bred to grow so quickly that it would be like a baby weighed 300 lbs after a month. Who knows if that is true but you sure can tell when you're eating a young chicken that grew too quickly - it's mostly water! I bet yours were much better! I wish I had a good source of chicken like that. We had some free range thighs last night topped with pistachio-basil pesto --- really good! My basil is loving the rain/blazing sun/rain cycle we seem to be in.

Bear, that acceptance is the greatest gift you can give yourself - takes all the pressure off. That, and like Pauly and Mick said, honesty. When I signed on here I took a vow to be completely honest, no matter what. I'd been lying to myself about alcohol for so long, I barely even knew what that meant other than admitting here how I was really feeling and promising to admit it immediately if I ever drank. I really don't know how an online forum can work otherwise.

PPQP, vacations actually seem to be sources of stress for worker-bees! I know it takes me a couple days to relax into it. I wish I could go for 2 week vacations. 1 week is too short by the time I settle in!! I hope you're starting to enjoy yours.

Pie, is your Canadian visitor shocked by your weather? That will be quite a change for her/him. I hope you have fun together and that s/he likes the program.

I hope you're not growing any belladonna, Mick :wink:!

I always miss you, Det - hope you're having (or had) a great day! (Early on Father's day sure is better than late!!).

Comment

Thanks for the start up, Bear. Morning, Lav and Pauly. Mick, internet connection issues were rampant here yesterday, seems every time it rains. No stained glass for the rabbit hutch then? Had to chuckle at free time gained from using u instead of you.

Looks like I'll be learning lots about healthy eating from summer guest. Check out this pic of one drawer in my frig veggies.jpg after she did some grocery shopping. Methinks I've hit the lodger jackpot!

I'm wildly appreciative of the recent posts regarding abstinence vs. not abstinence. I don't want to have to learn everything the hard way, so honest accounts of experiences is priceless information. No kidding, thanks to everyone sharing on both sides of the issue.

Off to visit my dad. Oh, and there's a new disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico that may become a serious rainmaker for us in the coming days.

Take care, y'all.

Comment

Close to noon all,
              thanks bear for the kick off. You're sounding "decided". It is a good place to be. Once a decision is made, easier to go forward.

Mick, no boomers here, just a passing shower that settled the dust for 10 minutes. Route is going ok, still a mail infant though. Lots to take care and I'll be able to as long as folks have patience with me to learn it. You been using your router for woodwork, it ruin it every time for the 'net.

Lav, no rain here to speak of, looks like the Blue Ridge dissolves everything on the east side of it. Another 90+ day in the works. The pigs like the water trough I set up. They are pretty funny to watch, as long as they don't get out!

Morning Pauly, I'm feeling left out, you and Lav getting rain. Not careful, I might get a simplex. Hope your week is a good one.

NS, how are doing? One day I need to get back and look at the sugar free thread. Ice cream is my downfall in the hot months, especially a good coffee ice cream. LOh well, least it ain't a beer float! (Tortia Flats, I think)

Howdy Pie, haven't looked at the big weather picture in awhile. I would welcome a good rain, hate to see a damaging storm, though. Have a great one with your dad.

Hey, Det, you're sounding great these days, glad to see you.

Off to work on a piece of broken bed, another broken heirloom from inheritance. Sometimes I wish I could just buy something new that was of the same workmanship that hasn't been broken through time!

Be well friends
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi NS, No complaints yet from my new Canadian friend on the heat. It's just been regular hot so far, not blistering. You were here on my shoulder this morning though. I handed her a cup of coffee, offered milk, and apologized for not having any sugar. She said, "Good for you! No poison white stuff!" :happy2:

Sam! Love the power tool joke!!

Comment

hay ABeroooos!

wow, I'm sort of early

truck is off at the shop having expensive things done to it. owie.

Bear, thanks for the lovely kickstart...I like the way you are processing.

Mick, always freaks me out when a band-saw blade pops. Glad you didn't get hurt. The competition was great from a learning perspective and I've been making adjustments to my game as a result. Hope to make it again next year and place in the top half

NoSugar, I'd prolly eat another piece of fake cake if it was topped with pistachio-basil pesto!

Had elk/eggplant curry for breakfast. keeping it weird is my duty!

Sam, Blueridge Mountains near north GA? I lived there some years ago and it's gorgeous.

another day to be grateful for the AF lifestyle. Life is indeed grand

SF you ok?

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X