june 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

june 18th

Yo peeps..and how are we all today then?all good hopefully...well here we are ..new router ...also new Tivo set top tv box......Julie set it all up last night while I was playing in the greenhouse...broadband is much faster now,but Ive noticed that at times its still a wee bit slow getting on tinternet,but I guess thats just the traffic on it..well thats it most of the plants are planted ,got the first of my peppers,courgettes and tomatoes coming thru..rabbits out playing..

brew time so on we go......

hiya ppqp..well wheres the car pics ?hows things today then ? still enjoying your hols?not getting pestered from work are you?re November 6th....Guy Fawkes night ..bonfire night on the 5th Nov you put potatoes in the bonfire and inevitably they burn ..hence the smell...that vid was BRILL....I would challenge the most arsy person on earth to watch that and not smile....

In the United Kingdom, Bonfire Night is associated with the tradition of celebrating the failure of Guy Fawkes' actions on 5 November. The British festival is, therefore, on 5 November, although some commercially driven events are held at a weekend near to the correct date, to maximise attendance. Bonfire night's sectarian significance has generally been lost: it is now usually just a night of revelry with a bonfire and fireworks, although occasionally an effigy of Guy Fawkes is burned on the fire. Celebrations are held throughout the United Kingdom; in some non-Catholic communities in Northern Ireland; and in some other parts of the Commonwealth. In the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador, 5 November is commemorated with bonfires and firework displays and it is officially celebrated in South Africa.
    google Guy Fawkes for the gunpowder plot..

hiya Sam how are you today mate?all good ?did you finish your veying yesterday?as for the writing ..olde English used to have the f and double f in it as opposed to esses...had any more job offers mate ?youll end up working for an hour a day at about 7 different places!!

hiya Lav ..how are you today then?no rain here ..been playing in the garden this morning...one of my poppies (luv em )has come out ..it is white with a purple centre..
    yep your daughter got it in one..pity she wasnt called Kay as opposed to Kim..couldve then been the DonKay party!!steady..stop laffin ..youll spill the brew!!

hiya pauly ..hows you?yep I woz finking of gowin to skool 2 to improov my spelin.......hey no Louie nuffink ..thats when you should be lookin at doing some Pauly stuff...

hiya pie..hows you today then?hows things with the lodger?you gettin on good...have a great day..

right folks...going to make another brew..have a great day all...

I told my new girlfriend that I have in between 10 and 15 million pounds in my bank account.

It's actually true, my balance is £37.

My ten year old son just asked me what were the 80's like.

So I turned the Wi-Fi off and took away his smart phone.

I ran alongside the train this morning, tearfully waving as it left the platform.

Just so everyone thought I actually have a girlfriend.

I never believed wearing orthopaedic shoes would help my posture.

But now I stand corrected...

If you cant smell burning in our kitchen, it must be a salad day.

I always test psychics with a knock knock joke.

If they say "Who's there?" I get up and leave.

"Don't forget it's my mother's big party on Saturday?" said the wife.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but my boss won't let me have the time off now," I replied.

"But you're self employed!"

"I know, what a git I am!"

just had to put this pic up......just took it...

20150618_111301.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    thanks for the brew Mick, one veying job down about 4 more to go. Off running the mail route this am. Gonna be a steamer. We did get a nice rain last night, thank goodness. PQ, any hint of what kind of car you got or did I miss that in a previous post? We're a nosey bunch, eh??

gotta run, be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Rain here this morning, dark & damp.

Thanks for the coffee Mick! I kinda like the DonKay party idea, ha ha!!!!
      Donald Trump is such a tool, he thinks he can buy anything, even an entire country with his billions. No fanks!!!
      I had my DIL, grandsons & the ITs here for dinner last evening & finally threw them all out at 10:30. Geez! The boys will be back again for a few hours this evening until one of their parents get here & take them back, ha ha.

Sam, rumor has it that PQ purchased a Ford Escape - nice
      Good luck on your route today.

Greetings to all. I am taking one dog to the vet for her checkup today, the other one goes in next week. I can just hear my bank account screaming, ugh.

Hello to everyone & wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav,hope the vet doesn't break the bank and the dog is healthy as a horse Mick,your pics always make me smile, it all just seems so calm and peaceful in your neck of the the woods,hi Sam,how long does your route take?Pie,hope Bill isn't causing to much trouble, little nerd haha,PPQP,jealous of the new car but not of car payments, I'll neverdo that aagain, by the time I'd pay one off,its time to trade it in,where's Bear,Det,SF? Check in peeps, much love to all,let's have a sweet Thursday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. It never quit raining yesterday so no pics but will get one today. Work seems to have gotten the message, no emails or phone calls. YAY I should have remembered it was Guy Fox day, thanks for the reminder. I am getting curious about the garden but that can wait till Monday. I agree with Pauly....your place does look peaceful and calm.

Sam...as Lav said it's a Ford Escape, pic to follow later. I'm also curious as to how long your route takes? We've been enjoying cooler temps till the weekend then back to the heat. Hope you get the rest of the veying jobs completed soon, sounds like you might be busy if you get the new job.

Lav...DonKay would be the right name! Good luck with the vet checkup.

Pauly...I figure this will be my last car purchase. Ford has got some great incentives going on right now. Also my son works for a company that has an agreement with Ford that allows employees (and family members) to purchase vehicles at dealer cost + 1.4%. Big savings there! He also got $750 as a referral bonus. You're sounding good, hope you have a stellar day.

Off to get the registration sorted and figure out all the bells and whistles on my new toy. Have a Terrific Thursday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Morning, friends.

TS Bill has moved out of the area; sorry, friends to the north. Mostly cloudy, but dry weather remains today. Heading off to get my hair done.

I'm a few weeks out from the one year milestone, and sure that as long as I keep the, "not one, not ever" policy, alcohol will never again be an impediment. So now what? I would like to have an answer to that, but feeling stalled in terms of forward motion, further self-improvement, new goals, etc. Wishing the application of hair color today would enlighten more than just my roots!

Comment

ahoy hoy ABerooos!

all good and well in my AF high-desert world happy to say.

Lav, I certainly don't want to have to look at 'the donalds' hair during the debates

big work trip next week, so enjoying home as much as possible. Therapist has suggested I do what I can to bring
              home comforts with me when I am on the road in hotels. working on ideas....

very sad events in SC yesterday. as an avid participant in the shooting sports it frustrates me immensely.

better get my buttocks back to work for a bit

be well peeps
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Pi....glad Bill has moved on, now you don't have to kill him. LOL Don't know what made me think of that movie.

"I'm a few weeks out from the one year milestone"...you say that so nonchalantly when in fact it's HUGE You should be so proud of yourself as we are all of you. I don't know what your story is and why you decided to become AF but for me it was literally a matter of life or death. I chose to live. In doing so I had to figure out how to live, how to start a new life. I don't know where I'm headed but for now I am just content in living a somewhat calm life. Gratitude thinking has helped a lot. Just because we stop drinking doesn't mean we'll have all the answers, just that we can cope with things as they come. I hope you find your "What's next?" soon but in the meantime just be grateful that you can. :hug:

Det...it is so strange seeing you pop in during the day always a nice surprise. I suggest you just take Dx with you on your travels. LOL Perhaps you could put a photo display together. A mosaic of all that you are grateful for.

Registration has been sorted so here's a pic of the new wheels.....

Comment

Pie, my immediate response to your musings was pretty much captured by PPQP. Mostly, I hope you can try not to judge yourself, thinking you should be to a certain place or doing a certain thing at a certain time post -AF. There are no rules to this and it takes time to evolve from the sorry state we were in to being who we want to be - or even to figure out what that is.

After being formerly very goal-oriented and driven, then alternating between overcompensatingly (is that a word??) productive and totally checked out, in some ways I'm enjoying this middle ground even though I don't accomplish all that much that is tangible. I'm living the way I want now and most of the time, that's enough. I think you'll know when you want to make a change or take on a new challenge. I thought the 2nd year AF was great for getting really comfortable in new skin.

xx - NS

Comment

hey everyone,quick whizz in, feeling pretty tired but good.Feeling more settled and calm,very tired - work is busy and me and my bosses have decided we need to push to get non performer out.Feel ok about it after feeling so stressed about it for so long.
                    done a coaching course and it really helped me focus on what is my shit,and what is others.

Generally feeling happy - off home to see parents,friends and out for work awards ceramony on Monday. Driving there and back and taking gym gear to hit gym each day,need to book classes tomorrow.

Glad all are well PIE _ THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!
                    one day at a time

Comment

Pie, that is AB FAB!

PPQ, I wish I could bring Dx with me, maybe on a shorter trip....?
                      and I like the idea of bringing photos along. thanks!

Bear, sounds like good healthy stuff

ok... back to work!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks so much, for the kind comments, guys and gals. PQ and NS, your advice means more to me than you know, makes complete sense, and brought a smile back to my face. PQ, I think there's some of my story in the Cat Dragged In thread, but like most everyone else who's found their way to MWO, my story had gotten very ugly, painful, and unsustainable. So you're right, NS, that evolving from that sorry state will take time. The approaching milestone was looking like a deadline. Thanks for giving me a better perspective. :heartbeat:

Yay for the new car! And stoppage of rain that allowed for picture taking. Enjoy, PQ!

Det, is Dx your wife? Sounds like a nice idea to have her join you on your trips, if that's possible.

Hey Bear, glad you checked in and sound good.

Comment

Pie,I went and dug up that thread and you've come a long way PPQP,nice ride was checking my mail and went to close the mailbox and it flew right off the pole!neighbor text me cuz she thought someone was screwing around with us
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pie, yep Dx (Determinatrix) is my loverly wife.

Pauly, your mail box blew off the pole?
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X