saturday the 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saturday the 18th

well here it is ...the weekend has turned up....nice and sunny here tho it blowing a hooley..so glad I aint got hair to grt messed up !!so how are we all today then?all good hopefully ...thinking about holidays,....only had 1 so far this year,not like me that,but with Sam n Sandy it all kind of took a back seat..so now madam is hinting!!plus the fact going to the airport every 2 minutes doesnt help!!

time for a big brew...feeling a wee bit tired ...out mno tues wed early doors next week,,,,,

hiya Lav ..hows you today then?all good ? well heres a brew to set you on the way..the perfect princess castle?man oh man remember all that!!and my little pony...we took Amy toDisney Florida...that was her perfect castle..the first time that is...by the 2nd time it had lost a bit of its shine...see if you can get a pic of the wall ..be interested in looking ...got 2 big French lavender plants yesterday for a fiver...

NS....how ar you today?got a busy weekend planned?

hiya pauly hows you today then?was kind of intrigued ...whats a mental health day?hows the back doin after carryin those bags?gotta agree with Lav here..we need to find you an interest and hobby..whats interesting for you?

hiya pie ..how are you doing today then?all good?

hiya bear ..hows you its 8 15 am so guess you will be up now after your lie in!!!!

Hey Det my man hows the world with you?did mrs det get home?and you are out hiking and shooting this morning.....have a good one mate..

ppqp...how are you ?that boss of yours..whatisname Ronald McDonald?his people management skills are scuse...shit!!!the British open wtf!!!the board members are noticing he aint around?Id definitely be stoking that particular fire!!!and the phrase you used the building inspector is back Monday so thats one less job...my opinion ..they are taking a bleedin liberty...dont know the ins and outs of your job whether its voluntary, paid or what it in ittself is immaterial..the fact is ...the willin horse is being flogged!!!and when you come out with it might be the stress thats adding to your eye problems...then its time to re visit that...you get 2 eyes thats all ...bosses like him ..you can get em 10 a penny...not a real hard one to work out...me Id be saying job spec....re evaluation of ...and when Im doing your job or anyone elses for that matter ...stand in pay...not gettin at you but its time that muppet woke up ....rant over ..hope you have a good weekend

Sam the man hows you my friend?

right folks time for the offski.........Pauly think about interests and hobbies for us see what we can get you interested in ....

SF how are you doing today ?hows the back?

have a good one.....

My driving instructor told me to pull over somewhere safe.

Two minutes later he said, "Why haven't you pulled over yet?"

I said, "Because we're still in Manchester."

I just had one of those Tesco value pizzas.

Or a slice of bread, as it's more commonly known.

As the executioner picked up the axe, I said, "I thought I was to be hanged. Are you going to chop off my head?"

"No, your legs," he replied. "The rope is too long."

pie.......

"Nice greyhound, fast as well. Have you considered racing him?" Said this bloke in the park.

"No not really," I replied, "I'm far too unfit and out of condition."

How many electricians does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one, but this wiring is dangerous and the whole house needs doing really.

Prince Philip reportedly asked a group of women who they "sponge off" whilst visiting a London community centre.

Most would be offended by this but it's a clever question.

He wanted to ensure they weren't receiving more benefits than him and the family.

For my 25th wedding anniversary I decided to do something special. So I took my wife to Monaco and hired a yacht in the marina. We had champagne, and as the sun set I told her to close her eyes, then placed a chain around her neck.

She said, "It feels heavy, it must have cost a fortune."

I said, "No, it came with the yacht," as I tossed the anchor overboard.

A police man hunt is underway in Sussex.

He shouldn't be too hard to find in his uniform and car with flashing lights.

paddy and mick are walking home after a night on the booze. They've got no money to get a taxi and are staggering all over the place when they find themselves outside the bus depot. paddy has a brainwave and says to mick "Get in there and steal a bus so we can drive home and I'll stay out here and look out for the police". mick duly breaks into the garage and is gone for twenty minutes while paddy is wondering what the hell he's doing. Eventually paddy sticks his head around the door and sees mick running from bus to bus and looking very worried.

"What the hell are you doing mick, get a move on!" to which mick replies "I can't find a number 7 anywhere paddy" whereupon paddy, holding his hands to his head in disbelief, shouts "You fcking idiot mick, steal a number 9 and we'll get off at the roundabout and walk the rest of the way!".

Mick and Paddy are reading headstones near a church. Mick turns to Paddy and says, "Fck, there's a bloke here who was a 152!"

Paddy asks, "What was his name?"

Mick replies, "Miles from London."

Paddy and Mick are in a two-man plane that is spiralling out of control.

Mick says, "If the plane turns upside down, d'ya think we'll fall out?"

"Of course not," Paddy replies, "we've been mates for years!"

paddy and mick are walking down a street in London .

paddy happens to look in one of the shop windows and sees a sign that catches his eye.

The sign said 'Suits £5.00 each, Shirts £2.00 each, Trousers £2.50 per pair.'

paddy says to his pal, 'mick, look! We could buy a whole lot of dose, and when we get back to Ireland , we could make a fortune.

Now when we go into the shop, you be quiet, okay? Just let me do all the talking cause if they hear your accent, they might not be nice to us. I'll speak in my best English accent. '

'Roight y'are, paddy, I'll keep me mouth shut, so I will.' Says mick.

They go in and paddy says, 'I'll take 50 suits at £5.00 each, 100 shirts at £2.00 each and 50 pairs of trousers at £2.50 each. I'll back up my truck and...'

The owner of the shop interrupts, 'You're from Ireland , aren't you?'

'Well ..... yes,' says a surprised paddy. 'How der hell d'y'know dat?

The owner says, 'This is a dry cleaners.'

Irish Virginity Test.

paddy and mick are discussing paddy's forthcoming wedding.

"I'm not sure if my future bride is a virgin or not." he said.

mick says,"Oh, there's an easy test for that. All you need is some red paint, some blue paint and a shovel. You paint one of your balls red and the other blue. On your honeymoon if she laughs and says, 'Those are the funniest balls I've ever seen!' you hit her with the shovel!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey mick,I feel asleep at 930 on the sofa last night and woke up at 7am,then back to sleep until about 9.30am - lovely - feel much better for the huge sleep.I've got PMT,feeling headachey(think that is work stress related) - much better after sleep.

RANT ALERT ****Good person left yesterday,in exit interview with HR she told me she talked about how morale is low in team - very cross as I've bent over backwards to support the other two,one is pre capability and is just spreading negativity. (Tho she added I dealt very well with ex colleague last year who was very difficult) - will see what happens.They have regular one to ones,I am open and supportive and it's just school girl bulls**t frankly - maybe be an adult and be honest with me, and maybe spend bit more energy on the well paid job you'e paid to do,and not achieving rather than bleating?!I can count on half a finger their outcomes in the last year.The issue is I'm getting them to perform and one of them isn't capable(after 2 years of intense support) and the other is a bit of a follower.HR are behind me,my boss is behind me and his boss.I don't relish the idea of terminating someone's employment but I can't justify it continuing.

Aaaaaand breathe!!Plan is to focus on really positive feedback I have had and what I can control,and can't control and what feelings are mine,and what belong to others.

So today washing is on,had my smoothie and got my coffee,sat in the quiet in the messy garden was feeling very grateful to live somewhere, where I have fruit and veg for the smoothie,a coffee machine and my lovely cat and a garden of my own.Not to mention a job where I don't regularly work weekends!

Lunch with OH's mum,then bbq at friend's,then early night and dvd and bath. Got my journal to get it all out,and plan to keep focusing on hypno techniques.
    Thankfully I'm not drinking,smoking and am eating pretty reasonably(smoothie for brekkie,overnight oats for lunch,something with protein and a veg for dinner) oh and haagen dazs - hey I need something.Happy Saturday
    one day at a time

Comment

Ah Mick, running for office are ya? You get my vote for having a better hairstyle than Donald Trump. Love your advice to PQ, AND the greyhound joke.

Morning Early Bear, I don't miss my days of corporate intrigue and workplace shenanigans. Especiallly like your Haagen Dazs strategy for dealing with it all.

PQ, I shall totally miss SG when she's gone. Hasn't been a single downside to having her here. Looking in to hosting more students from her school on down the road.

Lots of dog show doings for me through Sunday. Greetings to all yet to pop in today.

Comment

morning all
        a quick look see and gotta run, muggy day here, off to work a bit then possibly fiddle festival if the weather's not too bad. Just wanted to pop in and say hi and bye. Have a great one good friends.
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

I'm up to my eyeballs in dogs already, Lol.
          We're into another hot, humid & stormy weather pattern here - such is summer on the east coast.
          My daughter & her family are looking for an invitation today so I guess I'll get myself geared up for that!
          Mick, my lavender has had a great season - really love the French variety, enjoy your new plants

bear, I know it's difficult but somehow we need to separate business from personal feelings. I am too empathic for my own good - honestly! Makes me happy to not feel responsible for anyone's happiness but my own these days. I grew up being a people pleaser & that can be problematic. I hope you get things sorted out quickly at work.

Pie, I'm glad SG's stay has gone well for both of you! That's such a nice thing
          Enjoy the dog shows this weekend, sounds like fun.

Hello to everyone & wishing a great AF day for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

OOPS - hi there Sam. Have a good one
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, I'm a titch irritated by the "you need a hobby" comments, you guys act like I'm an unemployed, family less,heap that sits around watching TV all day,it takes ALOTto keep house running smoothly, I haveLouie 4 days a week, iI do 20 plus haircuts a day,I exercise, for me that's enough,I know you guys care and are only trying to help and I know you didn't mean anything, but it still made me feel sad hope everyone has a Super Saturday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Pauly, I admire your ability to say what you're feeling, even when the feeling is irritation. With only the words in posts to go on, interpretation involves some guesswork. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes not.

Happy Saturday to you in any event.

And to Sam and Lav as well.

Comment

Hi, Abbers Above and To Come - hope you're having a good Saturday.

Pauly, it sounds like you have a very busy life and many responsibilities. What I would hope for you is that there is something you really enjoy that is just for you.

Hot and muggy for me, too. I was supposed to go to a charity dog wash but even that was unappealing so doing a ton of inside stuff - fun/interesting sewing and food projects (but why I did so many in one morning is beyond me - now I've crashed).

What types of dog activities are you involved with, Pie? And what kind of dog(s) do you have?

My dog is still a little gimpy which limits the length of her walks but motivates me to take her swimming b/c that seems to help rather than hurt.

Take care, NS

Comment

hey everyone,sofa,cat,chocolate,OH and crisps and cups of tea, fab.
                    Lav- I know that's one of the biggest things I'm working on in hypno,what's my shit,what's other people's and that I am only responsible for me.I have huuuge people pleasing tendencies too,they are lessening and I am aware of this, baby steps.
                    Hey Pie, yep corporate drama for sure
                    Hey Sam good to see you,
                    Pauly - it sounds like what you are doing now isn't making you happy and it's a suggestion,we can choose to take it or leave it,take care
                    NS - take it easy - from the queen of overdoing it
                    one day at a time

Comment

pauly....your post... I'm a titch irritated by the "you need a hobby" comments, you guys act like I'm an unemployed, family less,heap that sits around watching TV all day,it takes ALOTto keep house running smoothly, I haveLouie 4 days a week, iI do 20 plus haircuts a day,I exercise, for me that's enough,I know you guys care and are only trying to help and I know you didn't mean anything, but it still made me feel sad hope everyone has a Super Saturday.....

hey no probs with that..and I apologise.. mebbes I put it wrong...yes you are busy,with the family,and cuttin hair, and keeping the house going ...but be honest..how many times have you said it gets you down at times?what do you actually do for you? perhaps that would have been a better way to say it...anyways was only my opinion..aint worth jackshit in real terms....you had a good day today?:hug:
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL.....

Mick...Thanks for kicking us off this morning. Message heard. August brings the end to this fiscal year and employee evaluations. This time around I have a lot to say. LOL It definitely seems a holiday is well deserved if you feel Zeuss and Sandy are doing ok. Great visit with my Dad today. It finally quit raining and we spent the morning outside.

Bear...you've got your work cut out for you....Plan is to focus on really positive feedback I have had and what I can control,and can't control and what feelings are mine,and what belong to others Great positive attitude, reminds me of the Serenity Prayer.

Pi...I'm really glad your first student experience went as well as it did. Sounds like you have your weekend planned, have a good one.

Sam...morning to you too. Surveying work on the table today? Hope you get your tunes in.

Lav...another busy lady. Hope the IT's behave for you. Don't work too hard gearing up for your daughter and family visit. I'm sure there'll be cooking involved.

Pauly...thanks for the honesty, well done. Sorry everyone's comments made you sad and glad you know we care. A hobby for me right now would just feel like work.

NS...I like what you said to Pauly about finding something that's just for her. Will have to think of that for myself as I tend to look after everyone else's peace and happiness.

No plans for the rest of the weekend, just take it as it comes. Only priority is getting lots of rest. Have a Super Sober Saturday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I managed to re-injure my back. Now I can't even lift my arms above my head.

Pie....I hav to agree...I don't miss the corporate culture at all. The Amish store is working out well. Nice family to be working for.

Pauly...eveyone needs an outlet. However, I so understand your reply.

I am have been trying to read....and posting "i just don't have that much to say or add"
                          Last edited by TheSunFlower97; July 18, 2015, 09:15 PM.

Comment

My apologies Pauly!!!!!
                            Guess I should have finished my thought. I was thinking in terms of a healthy, new & enjoyable way to spend some time focusing on yourself, doing something you like to do. I'm sorry if I came across in an insulting way - truly did not mean to do that :hug:

SF, glad you like the Amish store, wonderful!
                            Sorry about your back though. I hope it eases up quickly for you.

Greetings Pie, PQ, NS & anyone I missed.
                            I had a fun & exhausting day with the family - it was good!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                            X