thurs 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thurs 23

mornin all how are we today then?no early start for me...achey and weary ...but feel fgreat if that makes sense ..had a brill few days...nuff said....anyways what are we up to? lets go see ....but first a brew....

hi Sam ...hows you today then?all good?how did you enjoy your webinar?I know someone else who has to sit thru them and lotsa training modules too...beware they will be next !!with regards to fb...gotta agree with you ..tho it does depend on what you want it for...as a means of media ..yes no doubt its taken the world over,but it has also made a platform for scammers,"reality" friendships,and as a ready made quick platform to slag people off on it ...I also object to the fact that you "friend" someone ...then all of a sundden every man and their dog wants to be your bezzy mate!!

hi pauly ...hows you today then..all I can say is chin up ,keep trying it will happen one day...

hiya pie ..bumpy weather ....flashlight?is that lateral thinking ..or is this in case the leccy goes off???hows pupsville doing?all good..

hiya bear how are you feeling today then?hope better...yep think you are right deal with one issue first ..the drinking..then the others after..as for the employee...hmm

hiya ppqp ...all rosy in the garden now? literally???so the tornado passed you did it?what state of play is the garden at now?

hiya NS...glad you had a good trip ..and bet you are even more chuffed not doing sneaky beakies to get the booze ...well done you!!!

hiya lav...glad the headaches are better ...dont think the ideal remedy is 2 growing boys tho!! your better with this magic potion made outta beans ...grind them down to a powder ....then add water to it ...lets give it a name shall we?how does coffee sound?out in the garden earlier butterflies have decided to make home in my cabbages ...aint happening ..

hi SF ..take it easy with that back ..hope all else is well

right folks off we jolly well go....so have a good one.....

Happy birthday Prince George, zwei today.

The wife and I have had so much money from Government benefits we decided to call our son Grant.

"Good morning class. Today we are going to learn about our country's Queen. If anyone can mention any of her most famous acts in history, put your hand up."

I was playing scrabble with my dad when he spelt the word "stneve".

It was an unexpected turn of events.

And you'll remember also the Irishman who got a job as a doorman in a big building. He managed very well with the PUSH and PULL signs, but he was seen struggling with his fingers under a door marked LIFT.

One day Little Billy is at school showing off his new Spiderman watch. When Little Johnny spots it he asks, "How did you get that watch?"
    "I walked in on my Mum & Dad having sex." explained Billy "My Dad shouted at me, then later came to apologise and bought me this new watch to say sorry".
    That night Johnny had a plan, he'd stay awake until he heard his Mum & Dad getting down to it and then burst in on them and maybe get a watch for himself. Everything went to plan and as he burst in shouting,

"I wanna watch!"

"Go get yourself a chair and be quiet then." replied his Dad.

David Beckham, when not playing football that day, decides to go horse riding.

Although he has no previous experience, he skillfully mounts the horse and appears in complete control as the horse gallops along at a steady pace.

Victoria watches him admiringly.

After a while, David becomes a little too casual and begins to lose his grip in the saddle. He panics and grabs the horse round it's neck and calls for it to stop.

Victoria screams and shouts for someone to help.

David slips completely out of the saddle and is only saved from hitting the ground because he is still clutching the horse's neck.

David decides his best chance is to leap away, but his foot becomes entangled in the stirrup.

David's head is now banging along the ground and he is slipping into unconsciousness. Victoria is really starting to panic now, and screams at the top of her voice.

Hearing her screams, one of the supermarket security guards comes out of the store and unplugs the horse.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Abbers, happy Hump day to all!

I always thought those supermarket horses were dangerous Mick, ha ha!!!
    My head has cleared considerably overnight, thank goodness. Enough is enough of that stuff

I get to spend another day minecrafing, ho hum. Get this - the 6 year old figured out how to link his game to his brother's game. Now he can get in & mess with the kid's game & the crying & fighting begins. I have had a few episodes of this & resolved it by removing both of their devices & sending them outside to play. They don't know what Lavan-ittude is yet, ha ha!!
    Thanks for the coffee Mick. I hope your day is going well!

Greetings to everyone, have a great AF Wednesday one & all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all,

Mick, have to admit I don't really know what you mean by the lateral thinking you mention related to clues. Do you rescue animals stranded after storms? Using a flashlight?

Yo Lav, it's Thursday. :happy2:

Bear, that long build up of stress you talk about is a dangerous thing. Good on you for noticing it.

Sunflower, you're sending me to Google what a chakra is.

PQ, how'd it go with the pergola flooring? Will you be posting a pic for us?

Pauly, wishing you a peaceful day.

NS, "remove drinking as an option" Yep, that's what the AB helped me get in the habit of doing. Once I got the hang of not entertaining the mind chatter, things got much easier.

I notice from time to time a feeling of supreme contentment, joy even. At nothing in particular, just life in general. Living alcohol-free is a good place to be, a very good place.

Comment

Morning Mick & Lav and MAE ALL.....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Glad your outings were successful for you. No clue in there anywhere. Flooring got laid at the garden last night so we're all ready to go for the Phase II grand opening. Hoping to get some drone pics on Saturday so stay tuned for pics.

Lav...the video game brings back memories of looking after my twin nephews, same situation to deal with. Glad the head is better this morning.

Pauly....glad to see you're still here and continuing to keep quitting.

Decided to treat myself to a day off so it's my Friday today. YAY Watching the weather forecast and our community fun day on Saturday could be in trouble. Not going to worry about, whatever happens happens. Have a Terrific AF Thursday all.....:smile:PPQP

Xpost....Hi Pi
        Last edited by porqoui; July 23, 2015, 08:05 AM.

Comment

After a shower & 2 cups of coffee I realized that today is indeed THURSDAY, ha ha!!!
          My head has been so full of snot the past few days apparently I can't think clearly!!!!

Hi there Pie! Enjoy those peaceful moments when they come - we deserve them

PQ, a day off? Cool!
          Do something nice for yourself
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning everyone,

New to the AF threads here. Pie, I like your signature saying. Summarizes why I am here. Really wanted to believe I could drink a little. After 2 back to back episodes of realizing I couldn't, I had to get real with myself. It is one week for me so I am vulnerable and looking for strong support. Sounds like most everyone here (on this thread) have been doing this for awhile. Glad to be here.

Addy (All Done Drinking...Yes!)
            Last edited by All done drinking; July 23, 2015, 12:13 PM.
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Hey Addy and welcome, hello everyone

Pauly - overnight oats is oats soaked in fridge overnight in either juice or milk(i use almond or coconut milk) you can also add peanut butter,mushed banana at that stage then next day add chopped fresh fruit nuts and yogurt - yummm!You can also put frozen fruit and chia seeds in night before too - tonnes of recipes online,easy and very healthy and cheap - has been my lunch all week at work.add a bit of unsweetened cocoa too for yummy choccy taste!

Mick - yep it's going to take me a long time to get rid of employee,but am totally convinced now that is what I have to do.As long as it takes.No booze for me,no more booze thoughts either,think talking about it has helped me to get it out of my system.

SF - how do you do chakra work,I think I definitely have unreleased feelings,hypno is helping with some of that.Not done yoga for a week or so now,but do body balance weekly which has elements of it,mostly warrior poses,star,diver and sun salutations.
              Reminded me i have a voucher for sports/outdoor shop and can buy yoga mat/new gym leggings that are breathable!
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by All done drinking View Post
                Morning everyone,

New to the AF threads here. Pie, I like your signature saying. Summarizes why I am here. Really wanted to believe I could drink a little. After 2 back to back episodes of realizing I couldn't, I had to get real with myself. It is one week for me so I am vulnerable and looking for strong support. Sounds like most everyone here (on this thread) have been doing this for awhile. Glad to be here.

Addy (All Done Drinking...Yes!)
                Hi Addy, Welcome to the Daily Abstinence threads! My signature quote sentence is what another member said to me when I was struggling one night with thought of "just a couple."
                The sentiment really strikes a chord for me, so want to keep it close.

Comment

And there goes my post....

Welcome Addy!

What not everyone knows what a chakra is? Its a yoga thing. Bear....I did an on-line course with Seane Corn and other well known teachers. I do reccommend her latest DVD set....I think its call "Releasing Emotional...."

Anyways....I don't want to lose another post.

Everyone have a good day!

Comment

SF, I looked it up, and am still not clear what a chakra is. Takes some study, no doubt...

Comment

Pie....you have thousands of energy centers that run throughout your body. Yoga will focus on the 7 energy centers.....Chinese will call it the "meridians". The best way I can explain it....a gal came into the studio tonight and said..."OMG this is my 3rd yoga class and I am hooked....it literally makes me feel wonderful and wanting to be a better person". I can workout on the stair master, get a massage.....and I always walk away saying...."nope, not as good as yoga". I went to my first yoga class.....almost 13 years ago....and walked out saying...."I've never felt better"....I almost thought I could walk on water But, it is because these energy centers and meridians are released. Because as alkies.....when you put a toxin in your body....it blocks the energy from moving. Now that I am more versed in yoga and philopshy of it....and really understanding it.....when I have drank.....being more aware...I can literally feel where it is blocked.

There is so much yoga out there.....and so much of it it now physical based vs. incorporating the main teachings that made it so powerful.

Chakra work is really hard to understand......and Seane Corn really illustrates it. She will literally say...when this "chakra is blocked the outcome can be alcoholism" and so much more.

I will preface this by saying...."yoga did not fix me". See I am the queen of relapse...but, I am understanding now that for me....that I really need to incorporate as much as I can into my recovery. I can't just decide to stop drinking....if that was the case....I would have been sober a very long time ago. I would not relapse after a year.

Although I do love the information that Seane gives on it....as she is a reformed alike. And Tommy Rosen takes it in a different direction. Seane is very deep....Tommy is more logical. Although he does credit the 12-steps....he did the 12-steps----did not drink or drug for 12 years----but, lived a miseable life.

This where I connect with these people. Because stopping drinking did not fix ALOT of things. Drinking was the symptom, not the problem. And sometimes the more sober I got, the sicker I got.

I was on a bad career path for me. One that did own up to my values. And once you get sober and have to face that....you can find yourself very sick. I certainly wish that stopping drinking fixed all my problems....sobriety just "highlighted" them.

And then I finally had to deal with them or I was never ever going to get better....drinking or not. And that has been tough.

That said....I am loving working at the Amish store....such a change of pace from my old life. I love to teach yoga....but, it cannot be my sole income. My life has changed dramatically.....but, sometimes that is hard as well.
                      Last edited by TheSunFlower97; July 23, 2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Hello & welcome Addy!
                        Glad to have you with us

Pie, here's a brief explanation of the 7 chakras from the MindBodyGreen website: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-91/Th...Beginners.html

SF, we need to get you a better internet connection so you can post easily
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav...I was at the yoga studio and literally watched my post slide off the page. I really was sitting there and watching "and there goes my post" Awesome link you posted. Thanks.

Chakras are to be experienced vs. learned. I worked on one this week.....and without going into too much detail.....I could feel the whole area go "numb". Ummm....maybe because I had numbed that whole chakra for freaking years.

Why I love this site....is because they are open to anything. If it helps you....who the hells cares. Someone asked me were I wanted to be in 5 years....and my only answer was....5 years sober...thank you.
                          Last edited by TheSunFlower97; July 23, 2015, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much for the explanation, SF, and Lav as well. Just turning in for the night. Will take a closer look tomorrow. I'm very interested in learning about this.
                            Last edited by Pie; July 24, 2015, 07:06 AM.

Comment

thanks SF massively appreciate this,I feel something different from yoga too and not too sure what it is atm.thanks again>
                              one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X