sunday 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday 26

morning all how are we today.....all good weather was gawjus here yesterday....as for all the secrecy stuff...as soon as I can say something I will....all I can say is

I was involved in an activity
    I did something
    That something cannot be disclosed until permission from certain authorities are given
    It will be of significant local interest and possibly national
    The matter is now out of my hands.

but apart from that..as we say here no comment ...as you say plead the 5th!!..seriously tho as soon as I can say I will..right thats that cleared up...brew time now...

hiya pie how are you today then? all good ?anything going on this weekend?

4 fig trees Lav? go figger !!!ok I know it wasnt funny ..have a hilarious brew instead.....apart from tree planting what are you up to today? minecraft or minions?

hey Sam...hows you mate ? like Lav says enjoy life ......it aint no rehearsal..so crack on mate and enjoy!!

hi Det ...good man..well done on the no booze choose.......

Bear....what are you talking about??????SLIGHT man flu?that doesnt exist..the medical condition is man flu..not slight or anything..it warrants serious attention and sympathy...I think you may hve a little cold ..but defo not manflu!!:egad:did you get over the Iwant to drink crap?

wow yet again norra lot of peeps here......take it easy and have a great day...

President Obama whilst visiting Kenya has said that Africa is a continent on the move. Which after watching the news I believe to be true, as most of them are camping in Calais trying to reach the UK.

I told my wife today that she had the memory of a goldfish.

She was fuming!!

For about 3 seconds.

I was preparing dinner earlier..

"Right." I said, "I'll just nip for a quick pee, then I'll pop to the shop for an onion."

"Do you want me to go, instead?" Asked the wife.

"No, I'll go myself, I'm fcking busting."

I went for a job interview today.

The interviewer said, "According to your CV, you like stating the obvious."

"That's correct," I replied.

"And why would you write such a thing on your CV?" he asked.

I said, "Because it's a document that provides a summary of one's experience and skills."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey mick,ooh mystery man! Look forward to hearing about it
    I remember the strangeways riots,I'm from Manchester and was in sixth form I think.
    A lot of music stuff is like that - Sex Pistols gig at free trade hall in Manchester - half the fecking city were there apparently(only they weren't)

I smoked yesterday at the gig - but just a few.I think my 'cold' is due to feeling a bit overwhelmed v work situation - been having chest pain and also wanting to hide away,feeling tired. Apparently some people can feel bit funny when first using nutribullet due to much higher level of greens etc.

I'm focusing on my deep breathing today, going to my fave exercise class even tho I'm tired and want to miss it.I've had 7-8 hours sleep - was a late night, home at 2am but even so that is enough sleep.

I've realised that I've not had much alone chill out time this weekend, with others all day yesterday and today,and that is lovely,old friends that I can really relax with but I need some down time. I plan to leave earlyish tonight about 6 after food and just chill and make sure that I have my big aromatherapy bath tonight.

I think as I am feeling more stressed I need to make time to build in relaxation exercises daily,and have my bath each night.

I feel i am getting closer to accepting that drinking isn't an option,I still sometimes want to but more often than not I get that it would be a bad choice for me.Some moderation arguments have kicked off on another website,it's interesting I get much more now what the long term sober people are saying.Thanks for all of you to a large extent.
    Have a great Sunday.
    one day at a time

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Sunday to all

Hot & humid here, oh boy! Looks like another heat wave is rolling in for the week. Grateful for the AC!!!!

Mick, with a little luck I'll be rolling in figs this time next year, ha ha! We bought 2 of the golden variety & 2 of the darker color so there will be a nice mix. We have a lot of room around here for growing things so we may as well grow stuff. These trees are babies & will be spending the winter in pots in the garage.
      Today has been deemed garlic harvesting day - yay!! Looks like we finally got a good crop of home grown garlic, yay!!
      Don't know what the kids are up to today but I'm sure I'll hear from them at some point.
      We are all breathlessly waiting for your big reveal - we need to know what the heck you have been up to!!!!

bear, reading thru your post one thing jumps right out - 'having chest pain'! Why are you having chest pain? Have you had that checked out? Women have weird & sometimes vague symptoms of heart disease. Don't wait until something big happens to you, get it checked. If I feel any anxiety building I redirect my thinking & it usually helps.

Greetings to Sam, PQ, Pie, NS, Det, SF, Pauly & everyone! Have a great AF day one & all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. Now you've got us all waiting on the edge of our chair. Looking forward to finding out what the mystery is.

Bear....chest pain jumped out at me too. Look after yourself. Just chilling sounds like a good idea to me.

Lav...good luck with the garlic harvest. Some of the gardeners grow garlic here and it's totally different than the store bought variety.

Sorry for MIA but I've been a bit busy the last couple of days. Community fun day done and dusted, huge success. Got some garden pics but they're on the camera at work so will check them out next week. Chilling for me today too. Have a Super Sober Sunday all......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy to join in with you Sunday chillers! So interested to learn about your top secret project, Mick. Forecast to break 100 degrees today, so I'm off to find some ice cream, and perhaps a midday snooze.

Comment

Hi Pi....did you get a midday snooze in? Quiet thread everyone must be chilling....I know i am.

Comment

I sure did, PQ. Ice cream too. SG left this morning, so kinda quiet around here. Watching Walking Dead reruns on TV. What's your week ahead looking like?

Comment

Looks like it's going to be a quiet one. Knock wood. Things should be calm now till mid August when we get ready for year end. Glad you got the ice cream in. Bet it will be a big difference with SG gone. What are the plans for the next exchange student?

Comment

Not sure yet, but would be open to another one. Will do some more checking in the weeks to come. For tonight, I still have one canine commitment at 8pm, and another more like 9:30, depending on flight arrival.

Comment

Good luck with the commitments. Hopefully I'll be tucked in with my book by 9:30. LOL Off to fire up the BBQ, have a good evening.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Thanks, PQ. You too.

Comment

Hi, Pie and PQ and earlier Abbers :smile:

I had a big weekend that went much better than anticipated. In fact, it went well!

I hope oped everyone had a good couple days offa d are ready for another week. xx

Comment

Good news on your better-than-expected weekend, NS!

Comment

The typos in my post make me wonder how well I'm doing after all ! Stress let-down, perhaps???

Comment

I make a lot of typos when I'm on my iPad NS - let's just go with that
                              Of course then there's the days when I can't quite figure out what day it is, ha ha!!

Pie, sounds you have to readjust now. I think it would be interesting to have an exchange student (especially an adult). I hope you got plenty of ice cream & rest today.

PQ, we have three varieties of garlic & it looks like the German Hardy did the best. The bulbs are large & the outside skins are white with red clove skins - pretty cool
                              Glad you are chillin today!

bear, I really hope you are OK :hug:

Peace to everyone!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X