tuesday 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesday 27

mornin folks ..just a quick jump in ...covered in dust n stuff..started a job this morning that I needcto get on with..where the kitchen door is ...leading into the sunhouse /conservatory etc...there was a big piece of sheet stainless as a doorstep..tis no longer there in the process of making an oak one...I found some seasoned oak....someone had chucked an old broken oak table out.....now being fashioned and fitted into a door step....back later ....have a good one
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    Mick, sounds like a fun project you're getting into. I've been itching for a small sawmill for some time and now my son is taking down a couple of huge poplars to expand his greenhouse, too few to get someone to take them but too big to let it be firewood fodder.

Looking like rain here today, just have to see what happens work-wise. Went to a pretty farm yesterday, it had been about 15 years since I'd been there. Quite the transformation. The farm house had been renovated and the barns as well.

Waves to you Lav, PQ, Pie, NS, Bear, SF, Det (meal looked great!), Pauly, and others coming by

Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Thanks for the startup Mick! Sounds like you are having a productive day
      My son just did the same job at his house this weekend. He's having new oak flooring installed today & had to replace the rotted doorstep first. They have taken their house off the market & have decided to stay put. So the future will involve a lot of improvements to fit their needs. Have fun

Sam, we are stuck in a week of super hot & humid days, popup showers at any time - swell. The windows are all steamed up, haha. Grateful for the AC.
      YB found an Amish guy with a small sawmill to cut some locust into pieces we used to build the raised beds. I hope you can find someone like that for your poplars. Glad you are enjoying your farm visits!

Today I will be entertaining my daughter & granddaughter. I have no idea what we will be doing since it's so gross out - we shall see. First I need a trip to Curves.

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF day for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, been MIA for a bit,off licking my wounds and dismantling my brain trying to figure out what is wrong with it too ashamed to post here,not drinking for 7 days so its a start,but its a start I keep repeating, drinking does NOT make me happy, why cant I remember that? I don't know what to do guys,or what will help me,I've taken drinking off the table,talked myself off of a ledge countless times and then I just get sick of fighting it and give in too easily, someone give me some ideas,anyways enough on that! Mick,need bunny pics I don't think I mentioned it here but I acquired Melanie's(kitten) brother and named him Mick,he's an orange cat with an attitude haha,Sam,wanted to mention I'm sorry you had to put your cat down think I was in my selfish pit when it happened, lived a long life though must have been well loved Lav,enjoy your girl time,Pie,what book are you reading now? Det,food looked great,but I hate salmon, I just imagined it was chicken haha,PPQP,hope your tacos were good,Bear,give me some of your mojo,you sound really good, hello to SF,NS,let's all have a great Tuesday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the quick kickoff. You are one busy man. Enjoy your day.

Sam...isn't it amazing to see what people have done with their property. Glad everything's working out with the new job.

Lav...hope that weather pattern doesn't stick around too long. We're supposed to level off this week but they keep putting pop up thunderstorms in the forecast.

Pauly...good to see you. Things a little tough right now eh? Not drinking for 7 days now sounds like you're back on track. Please don't feel ashamed to post here we've all had our struggles. Wish I had some words of wisdom to help you, just remember to never quit quitting. :hug:

Not sure what my day will bring but not expecting any stress. Sure makes a difference on the morning outlook. Have a Terrific AF Tuesday all and all to come....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hey everyone - Det that looks amazing,thought it was on a bed of dhal at first,I had overnight oats for tea with fruit and greek yogurt - hopefully balancing out pizza for lunch.
            Pauly - keep on keeping on - 7 days without booze is great,focus on today,and being sober today,makes it easier.

I worked a long day today and in PJs on sofa,gym tomorrow eve instead for me rather than tonight.Watching netflix and having a big aromatherapy bath tonight,and that's it.Getting through work mountain slowly,another meeting with tricky employee,another set of minutes to write up.

Onwards, baby steps, it has been getting to me tbh but starting to feel better today.Having someone challenge and question absolutely everything you say is really exhausting.

Anyway,that's tomorrow's workload.
            one day at a time

Comment

Lovely salmon dinner you made there, Det. Thanks for giving the ingredients. Sounds like something I could try.

Pauly, I'm reading a book that jumps around in time so much, it's irritating, but at 200+ pages in, I'm going to finish.

I still think about drinking a lot. Not often in a craving kind of way, more that I'm nearly always aware that I don't drink anymore. As if I'm carrying the quit with me wherever I go. It's not a problem, but I do wonder if alcohol will always be so uppermost in my mind.

Comment

Pie,I'm the same way with a book,once started,I HAVE to finish it, movies too
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It's constantly in my "awareness", too, Pie, but I think that we so consistently see messages about it - billboards, commercials, movies, shows, social events, jokes ... And each time I get the AL message, I just think how glad I am to be done. I used to think about drinking all the time anyway (in a wanting, hating, obsessive way), so this doesn't bother me and reminds me to be grateful. You're not weird :hug:.

Comment

Pauly, great to have you back - you were missed!
                    7 AF days is great - you are back on track, yay!!
                    Don't wander off again, we'll go looking for you

Pie, I think there is always some low level message running thru the back of my mind regarding AL. It's not in my forethoughts, it does not take energy or effort - it's just there. I think that will come in time for all of us

Hi there bear, NS & PQ!
                    Det, you dinner looked fabulous!

Had a good visit with my busy girls & now I am ready to crash.
                    Wishing everyone peace!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Bear....good choice on pj's, netflix and aroma bath. Sounds like the perfect answer to your day. The mountain will slowly shrink but OMG you truly must be exhausted dealing with the challenge and questions. And then to have to write up the minutes! When your wrote it has been getting to me tbh I knew exactly how you felt. I learned to repeat 4 words to myself. They allowed me to stop in the moment and focus on a positive direction. They were Do The Right Thing. They applied to every situation I was in and it was amazing how quickly a lot of my anxiety vanished because I knew I had done the right thing. I'm glad you're starting to feel better and keep being good to yourself.

Pi..Pauly..NS....reading your posts reminded me of something. When I first admitted to myself that I had a drinking problem all I saw were ad's for AA, Rehabilitation Centers, etc. When I was going through my divorce all I saw were ads for Lawyers, Mediation Services, Battered Women Resources, etc. When I chose to raise my children on my own all I saw were ads for The Effect of Divorce on Children, Living in Poverty, etc. When my parents got older and we had to think about changes all I saw were ads for Assistant Care Facilities, Wills, etc. What I learned was that I would see/pay attention/recollect those ads as they connected to what was foremost on my mind. So right now it will be "constantly" in your awareness. I will always remember the feeling when I drove my regular daily route and realized I hadn't thought of AL once while passing "my" liquor store and my favorite "haunt". I felt free and started thinking what next. The "awareness" changed to ads of A New Start, Planning for the Future, Finding your Passion, etc.

I'm not sure who it was that said they've experienced a calming peaceful feeling. I know that feeling and really think it can be a daily state of mind.

Wishing a peaceful evening for all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Great points you raised, PQ. I guess we do see what we're looking for. I hope we all find that calm, peaceful feeling!

Comment

Hey everyone - quick whizz in before work,feeling strung out and overwhelmed with all I have to deal with,seeing GP tomorrow re chest pain so that's good.

Thanks everyone for being here and especially to PPQ for your post - I need a brief mantra when I'm in the middle of it. More on the cards today,event tomorrow that I have set up and then major stressy things are out of the way.

Keep trying to remember it's not my stuff,it's hers and focusing back on the hypnotherapy stuff that has really worked for me and settling my mind.
                          Off to get in the shower and do some deep breaths,issing my morning aromatherapy oils!Hoping delivery arrives today

Have a great day - - didn't want to start thread with this as it's all my stuff so hopefully see you later.
                          one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                          X