X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually August

Good morning to all...
    :welldone:
    I can't believe it is August already, back to school, end of summer month. I love August and hope we all have a good one.

I get to babysit this afternoon and evening, will do some cleaning and cooking too.

Lav, Dill, Pauly, Cyn and Pap, have a good one.

Good morning friends & happy August to all

Thanks for the startup Star!
    It's always nice to start a new month with lots of possibilities ahead.
    Enjoy your babysitting today, fun times for sure!

I ended up watching my grandsons from lunch until near bedtime yesterday. It wasn't planned but I found out they were pestering the floor installers at their house & was asked to pick them up & bring them here, ha ha. They now have new floors installed in the living room & dining room & new carpet in the bedrooms, hallway & steps. They decided to do all this work after taking their house off the market last weekend. Looks like they will be staying put for some time to come

Dill, I hope the birthday celebration for your granddaughter is fun. She's a lucky girl to have you in her life providing safety & comfort! Have fun with the sleepover too.

Greetings to Pauly! How's your hair holding up? Ha ha. Mine is starting to relax a little since the humidity dropped quite a bit yesterday. I look forward to the cooler & drier air of Fall.

Hello to Cyn & Papmom.

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks for kicken us off for August Star have fun babysitting, Lav,unfortunately we still have the humidity wish it would just rain already!this barometric pressure is killing my sinuses,Dill,I didn't get to see the moon,I actually slept like a log last night for the first time in 2 nights yippie, me and Louie just made chocolate chip cookies hubs started whining cuz its hot and we're using the oven but I'm sure he won't mind when they're done,he'll pig them out like always haha,hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning...

Busy Saturday and for some reason up at 4 am. Yuck. Had a great day, lots of sunshine, lower humidity, and outdoor time that was so fun!

Lav, you have been so busy lately babysitting, how fun. Glad the humidity is lower in your area too. It just makes such a difference in feeling good outside.

Pauly, chocolate chip cookies sound soooo good. Enjoy.

Dill hope your day was wonderful.

Not sure what we are doing today, but I'll bet a nap is in my future. Have a relaxing Sunday.

Comment

I posted yesterday on the July thread. I didn't realize it was Actually August until later in the day! LOL! Thanks for starting the new month, Star and I love the name. Too bad you were up so early on a Sunday morning. I woke at 4:00 too but was able to get back to sleep, thankfully.

Pauly, I wish I could pig out on some of them cookies too! Choc Chip is my favorite! The other day Mr. Dill's sister brought us some choc chip with coconut. Yum!

Lav, I look forward to the Fall weather too, but not what follows! I hope this winter isn't as cold as the last one. Do you have any idea what they're predicting for winter?

Hi Cyn. Thinking of you.

Granddaughter will be waking up soon so I'm keeping this one short. Today is her party!
          Last edited by dill; August 2, 2015, 05:50 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning friends

Waking up too early seems to be the theme lately, ha ha!
            Stupid hot flashes wake me up pre-dawn. Then I hear my sister-in-law outside running a weed whacker. She is obviously not sleeping much either. She doesn't seem to want to talk to us, just stays to herself. I have no idea what her future plans entail.

Pauly, I bake cookies frequently but try to stay away from them! The kids & everyone else coming thru here seem to enjoy them

I don't know if I ever mentioned the Save Our Bones Program but I've been trying to stick to their guidelines for several years now. I had huge problems trying to take 2 different osteoporosis drugs & have refused to try them again. This program encourages a healthy alkaline diet & weight bearing exercise to help rebuild strong bones.
            Sugar is very acidic & causes lots of inflammation in our bodies which causes all sorts of problems. I just may have another Dexa scan done later in the year to see how the program has been working. This winter will be 2 years since I switched to a plant based calcium supplement which is the only one our bodies can actually absorb & utilize. I spent 30 years swallowing Caltrate only to find out that we can't absorb rocks & developed osteoporosis - Duh!
            As Seen On From: Vivian Goldschmidt, MA If you’ve been diagnosed with osteoporosis or osteopenia, you’re not alone. Did you know that according to the National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF), osteoporosis … Continue Reading →

Star & Dill, glad you are enjoying a nice weekend! Have fun with the party today Dill!

It's still heading to 90 degrees today but with lower humidity. Guess I can get some outside time in, yay!
            Have a great AF Sunday everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends, posted on the other thread saying that I woke up feeling hungover, me no like it! Think its my yuck time of the month causing it,Lav,Iddon't know why they bother having caltrate and such on the market, body can't absorb it as you said,another is magnesium oxide which is all you can find in the drugstore but people don't realize that its useless,after all its on the shelf,Dill,I caught your post on July's thread your walk in the moonlight sounded lovely, I quit my early morning walk cuz someone was stabbed to death on my path the other morning, thank goodness I slept in that day! I have to do my exercise in the garage now,its ok cuz we have weights, a punching bag, a bike,etc,hello to all off to shake this grog

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Monday morning friends!

The heat wave continues here on the right coast. The humidity returns today too, yuck.

Pauly, you would think we could trust the research science puts out there but apparently we cannot
                Pharmaceuticals & supplement makers all have a product to market so they tell us what we want to hear. It's pretty sad & pathetic really. The reason I latched on to the Save Our Bones program is because it was founded by a nutritionist who herself received an osteoporosis diagnosis. She thought she was doing everything right as far as 'healthy' food & supplements go. She put together a team of independent researchers & together they worked to find out what the body actually needs to regrow & maintain healthy bones. Did you know our bodies thrive on an alkaline diet & fall apart on an acidic diet? MILK IS ACIDIC & DOES NOT DO A BODY GOOD the way the dairy council would have us believe!!!!! The 7 most acidic foods are: soda, ice cream, sugar, animal fats & cheap oils, MSG, yeast & artificial sweeteners.
                We all need to move away from processed food, yep!!

OK, the Monday morning lecture is over, ha ha!!!
                I can't help but share the latest news on things to keep up happy & healthy

Greetings Dill, Star & everyone. I hope everyone has a wonderful AF day.
                YB is leaving for a week away at a work conference in VA. Tomorrow I watch the boys all day & just may end up with my daughter & granddaughter here as well - busy, busy.

How was the BD party Dill?

Have a great day!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thought I posted this morning? Weirdo,anyways hope everyone is well,Lav,I've been looking into alkaline diet,I get a weekly email on ways to eat,but do I follow it?you know how I am haha,keeping this short cut Louie just arrived, hope everyone is enjoying their Monday

Comment

Good morning ladies,
                    I caught a cold, feel run down and lousy. Off to work though, can't call off this week. Have a good one.

Comment

Good morning,
                      Star, I'm sorry you're coming down with something. I imagine your immune systom is down due to stress. Baby yourself as much as you can.

Lav, that is really interesting about the acidic foods. I had no idea. My doc told me I have the beginnings of osteo and she recommended I drink mild and take a calcium supplement but she didn't get specific. I appreciate you sharing all your research!

Pauly, hope you had a good time with Louie. I was called to baby sit yesterday bc grandaughter was under the weather and couldn't go to daycare. Poor thing came down with a fever at her party on Sunday! It was so sad. But she was feeling much better by yesterday afternoon and enjoyed playing with her new toys. It's a 45-50 minute drive to their place so the duties took most of my day. Morning was rushed which is why I missed posting yesterday. Whenever I go to my son's I spend the entire time doing laundry. He always has piles of it! LOL.

Have a great AF Tuesday everyone. I'll be meeting with a gf for a walk and lunch, then the afternoon is all quiet time for me. Love it!
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Tuesday morning friends!

I'm holding the fort down on my own this week. YB is in VA for a week long conference. I will be watching my grandsons today beginning around 9:30 - oh boy. We have a severe thunderstorm watch in effect until dinnertime. Guess we'll be stuck inside for the most part.

Star, sorry you picked up that summer virus. I'm still working off the cough. Hope you feel better soon!

Dill, I've read that it takes doctors an average of 17 years (or something like that) to get on board with new research & change treatment protocols!! Why so long?? I firmly believe that everyone needs to be proactive in their own healthcare. I often take articles to my medical offices to discuss with my NPs. They don't mind at all & are usually already aware of the current info
                        So sorry your daughter got sick during her party. They do get better so quickly though, thank goodness! You are a good mom & grandmom!

Pauly, hope you are in better form today!

Greetings to Cyn & Papmom, wherever they are!

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello all! Happy August. I can't believe that I left the east coast a week ago today - seems like a month ago. Working 18/7 here, but all is going well, so can't complain.

Take care all with weather, babysitting duties, and all the things in life. Star - hope you feel better soon.

I think of you all everyday - and Lav - especially during this last full moon! Take care, and enjoy the benefits of our AF life --

Comment

Good morning ladies, still fighting that cold and trying to work. Not fun. Have a good day all.

Comment

Hello All,
                              Star, sorry you are still feeling poorly. I'm sending you some virtual chicken noodle soup! Hope you feel better soon.

Cyn, so great to see you! I didn't expect to see you for another 2-3 weeks. I'm glad all is going well for you. I was thinking of you during that Blue Moon too! You sound like your energy level is up and you are handling the challenge well, but do take care not to over do. Give yourself some breathing space and time, please.

Lav, good luck with that cough. Mr. D is STILL coughing! It's been weeks! It sounds much better tho, so that's progress.

Pauly, how are you?

I haven't a plan for today, which is just the way I like it. My walk and lunch with my gf yesterday was definitely restorative. We are going to make it a regular event.

Happy AF Hump Day!
                              Dill

Comment

Working...
                              X