3rd aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd aug

aaaarrghh...just checked.....posted earlier on this morning...and it hass failed miserably!!!!!!!!tried auto save systerm restore but to no availIm sdure its this windows 8.1 crap!!has anyone used 10 or got 10 yet ?is it better than this??had a good day yesterday...head got burnt tho...doing a bit in the garden this morning....willl jump in later with some jokez in fact nah will put em on now ..so grab a brew....well done pie on the drinky poos thoughts!!

big hiya folks

What's Black, Orange and dead?

My Duracell battery

The piece of wing suspected to be part of the missing Malaysian flight MH370, which was washed up on a beach on the Island of Reunion, has now arrived in France.

It is believed that it is trying to make it's way to Calais in an attempt to cross the Channel to England.

I said to a mate at work, "My son is so fcking stupid. Yesterday he stole my next door neighbour's phone and got caught."

He said, "Did the police do a trace on it?"

I said, "No, they followed the cable to my house."

We got some free child care the other day.

We simply delayed going to the lost and found announcement.

Hickphonics

Southern slang, or "Hickphonics," as a language to be taught in all Southern schools. Here are excerpts from the Hickphonics/English dictionary:

HEIDI - noun. Greeting.

HIRE YEW - Complete sentence. Remainder of greeting. Usage: "Heidi. Hire yew."

BARD - verb. Past tense of the infinitive "to borrow." Usage: "My brother bard my pickup truck." JAWJUH - noun. A state just north of Florida. Capital is Hot-lanta. Usage: "My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck."

MUNTS - noun. A calendar division. Usage: "My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck, and I ain't herd from him in munts."

FAR - noun. A conflagration. Usage: "If my brother from Jawjuh don't change the all in my pickup truck, that things gonna catch far."

BAHS - noun. A supervisor. Usage: "If you don't stop reading these Southern words and git back to work, your bahs is gonna far you!"

TIRE - noun. A tall monument. Usage: "Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I sure do hope to see that Eiffel Tire in Paris sometime."

RETARD - Verb. To stop working. Usage: "My grampaw retard at age 65."

TARRED - adverb. Exhausted. Usage: "I just flew in from Hot-lanta, and boy my arms are tarred."

ARE - pronoun. Possessive case of we used as a predicate adjective.

RATS - noun. Entitled power or privilege. Usage: "We Southerners are willin' to fat for are rats."

FARN - adjective. Not local. Usage: "I cuddint unnerstand a wurd he sed ... must be from some farn country."

DID - adjective. Not alive. Usage: "He's did, Jim."

EAR - noun. A colorless, odorless gas (unless you are in LA). Usage: "He cain't breathe ... give 'im some ear!"

BOB WAR - noun. A sharp, twisted cable. Usage: "Boy, stay away from that bob war fence."

JEW HERE - Noun and verb contraction. Usage: "Jew here that my brother from Jawjuh got a job with that bob war fence cump'ny?"

HAZE - a contraction. Usage: "Is Bubba smart?" "Nah ... haze ignert."

SEED - verb, past tense.

GUMMIT - Noun. A bureaucratic institution. Usage: "Them gummit boys shore are ignert."

A redneck felt sick and decided to go to the doctor. The doctor examined him.
    "I can't seem to find the problem, but I think it has something to do with alcohol."
    "Well," said the redneck, "then I'll come back when you're sober.'

"Doctor, everytime I sneeze I have an orgasm!"
    "Are you doing anything for it?"
    "Snorting pepper."

With a screech of brakes, an ambulance pulls up at the local casualty ward and a hippie is wheeled out on a gurney. The doctor questions his long-haired colleagues.
    ''So what was he doing then?'' asks the physician. ''Acid? Cannabis?''
    ''Sort of,'' replies one of the hippies, nervously thumbing his caftan. ''But we ran out of gear, so I skinned up a homemade spliff.''
    ''And what was in that?'' asks the doctor.
    ''Um, I kind of raided my girlfriend's spice rack.'' says the hippie. ''There was a bit of cumin, some turmeric and a little paprika.''
    ''Well, that explains it,'' the doctor replies, looking at them gravely. ''He is in a Korma.''
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    thanks for the brew, Mick. Love the hickphonics.I may even use a few!

got my fencing done, cows moved and pasture clipped, a good productive day here. Today off to check a farm this morning then back to make more phone calls. Suppose to be a hot one today.

Well off to the races, hope everyone had a good weekend and a pleasant Monday as well
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Mick, sorry about the sunburn, ouch!
      If I knew how to knit I'd make you a hat
      Love the Hickphonics! I actually hear quite a bit of it living here in cow country, ha ha! Why do people talk like that anyway? It almost seems like a lazy habit or the speech of someone with a hearing problem. Strange.
      I haven't talked to my SIL yet about Windows 10. I will see what he knows/thinks about it before going there.

Hi Sam!
      I hear the humidity is returning, yuck! It's been hot the past few days but not awfully sticky. Glad your cows are happy in their new spot.

Greetings to all. Today I am free but preparing for the onslaught of grandkids tomorrow!
      Wishing everyone a great AF Day!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, love the redneck encyclopedia Mick I tell all my thinning or bald customers to put sunblock on their heads and ears,those burns don't look fun I could not get with it yesterday! Crabby,crampy,bitch and of course Louie had his hyper diaper on and was climbing all over his bloated NanaP,they finally left at 7 pm and I promptly took my grouchy butt upstairs, I don't like feeling yuck,hopefully today is better,too early to tell yet,hello to all let's havea nice Monday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all,

Tom & Jerry's cheese car is located at the entrance to my nearest grocery store, the one I'd most likely go to if I ever lose my mind, and make a midnight wine run. Never noticed it before Sam mentioned his Tom & Jerry dvd. Now I figure it's one more safety net, as I'll never again walk past it without thinking of you guys.

Mick, apparently we need to help you shop for a hat. How about this one?

Comment

Aww,he'd look cute in that hat Pie haha,you WON'T ever lose your mind and hit that grocery store for booze,don't even think it isn't it funny how we think of our friends here in our real lives? When I see chickens of course Lav pops up,fiddles=Sam,fencing=Det.etc

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Or this one?

Comment

Hey Pauly! Wanna help me shop for hats?

Comment

Pi....I think those may fall off. What about this one...

If you ever lose your mind come here to look for it, we'll be keeping it for you.

Pauly...how true, happens to me all the time. Hope you're having a better day.

Sam...you've been one busy boy. Stay hydrated in that heat.

Lav...you too are a busy lady. Glad you've go some alone time today. Don't work too hard.

Mick....thanks for kicking us off this morning. Wondered why you were starting the thread and then realized it was Monday. Definitely feels like a Sunday to me. Gotta love the fact that we shut down for any and all stat holidays.

I think it's a clean out the fridge and restock for the week kinda day. Will have to stop at the garden for fresh veg's. That reminds me I haven't posted a pic....will do that tomorrow.
                  Have a Marvelous AF Monday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

evening all back from work early,spoke to employee assistance line re work issues and feeing a bit better,
                    Tonight sofa,cat,tv, bath and aromatherapy before bed.
                    Glad to be sober because I really don't know how I'd deal with booze shame on top of this.
                    one day at a time

Comment

You're right, PQ. I hadn't thought of that. Found this one too, that could do double duty protecting Mick from the sun, as well as from the alien rays messing with his computer.

Enjoy your Monday holiday!

Hi Bear.

Comment

Pi....I think you have a winner!!!!

Comment

Yep,that's the winner

Comment

happy un-hung Monday ABeroooos!

still fighting off this stupid head cold but getting along pretty well. have a tradeshow this week but don't have to leave til Wed. yay!

Mick, we need to combine the bunny ears with the tin foil for the ultimate hat for you!

Bear, ditto that! if we think things are tough just imagine throwing a hangover into the mix. ugh! no thanks.

back to work for me....

be well peeps
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

I do love the hat!

Kind of had an aha moment yesterday. Some friends will come and go.....but, I really am clearing the way to form new healthy ones. And it does take time. I am really forming them at the yoga studio for the most part.

I was going to go to that mediation recovery group.....but, it's 30 minutes away and in reality I'd never stick with it. I have a low tolerance for travel time.

But, I really do get to recreate my life......and I have a much clearer picture of how I want it to look. And booze just isn't in the equation. I really feel like I have left the corporate world behind...it was so ingrained....that it literally took almost a year to let go of all the unresolved stress. I never want to live that way again.....stressed out all the freaking time and it never really got turned off. I remember bolting up in bed at 1am thinking I forgot something. Booze was the only way to shut it off. Now that world is securely behind me. And as that has fallen away....the need or thoughts of booze have as well.

I'm just yammering. Slow day today....getting ready to close up the shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X