wenesday 5th august

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wenesday 5th august

mornin all...how are you today then?all good hopefully.....well Im away on a jaunt early mornin Friday..nope not diggy up bodies job,well if it goes to plan I will be out early doors if not then hey what Ill be here!..kindo of strange morning weather wise here..I Look out of the front window and the sun is shining ..out of the back and its as black as the ace of spades!!so we shall see what the weather man brings....onwards and upwards

morning pauly ..hows you this fine day?good I hope....so ..then when you see anything English it reminds you of me?thats great ..Im Scottish!!!as far as the drinking goes.....dont let others infuence you..its how you feel about it yourself..what I think for what its worth..is whatever means is possible to protect your quit as byrdie says use ..whether it be a bottle of water ,some af drinks anything...just imagine how good you will feel on Monday to say guess what folks...I did it!!!and think how you feel within yourself well chuffed... you can do this.....

morning tahtahi5 how are ou then ?nice to see you jump in...yes I think as the years go on we all pay the price for the process we put our bodies through....nurses with their backs, miners with their lungs etc..but at the time we never think of that or it is a necessity to keep employment...

hiya Det...hows you ...pack the extra undies and get the zeds in did you?what kinda work were you thinking of in the future?

hey bear ..hows you then?Like Lav says ..look at today and what you have got..make your work ...work for you..its a means to an end..by all means,think about it..but base it round a strategy...hold plan act.........hold what you have at the mo, if not happy then plan a parallel strategy... then once you have got that in motion then act..we all change our minds ..even at school one minute you wanna be a spaceman ...the next a train driver etc...I joined the army.....all my family up to that point had been in the navy!I also ran away to join the foreign legion,and even in the prison service,I was probably at the most senior uniformed grade doing pretty well...and decided to join the customs and excise but I wanted to go to sea but at the time there ware no vacancies....and Im sure we have all got stuff like that..its choices..but choose wisely..

pie...mornin to you....guess what...Ive just found a plot...you havent lost yours have you???painting the bathroom in hat like that?...no problemo...but your overalls leave a bit to be desired cmon..youll get paint all over them!!!best of luck with refurb...

hiya ns hows you busy gran time?

hiya Lav ..big brew time ..nice pizzas .....what a great way to get kids to eat veg and things they aint up for too!!so is that you minionised out?large brew time...Quiet day today then?

hiya ppqp..hows you then?still flooded out over there?hows the garden going now? all good ..everything coming through?no dont think the twitter on you saw is the same one though they all seem to be using the Liverpool echo story..if you type in skeletons Halton castle Runcorn or any related you might get something...noticed nobody has mentined the tied hands and feet and broken necks yet!!we need some pics of the garden ..see how its doing......

right folks ..for the offski....so take it easy n have a great day

As I left Liverpool after my annual visit to the in-laws, I started to really miss certain things.
    Namely my watch, phone and wallet.

Nothing seems to put illegal immigrants off their quest to get into the U.K.

It's like they've got tunnel vision.

When I was a kid growing up in the 60's I didn't give a shit about what clothes I would wear.

Looking back at some of my old photos, it's quite obvious that my parents didn't either.

I used to have a woodpecker called Woody, until he attacked my girlfriend.

I still can't believe Woody would peck her.

are you telling the truth if you lie in bed?

The other day, I visited an old people's home as part of my community service.
    I asked one of the old men, "How do you feel living here?"
    He replied, "I feel like a new born baby."
    I thought, "How wonderful," and asked him, "Why do you feel that way?"
    To which he replied, "I've got no hair, no teeth, and I just pooped myself."

Prince Philip arrives in Iran on an official visit. He asks the president, "Where is the Shah?"
    "What do you mean?" says the president. "There is no Shah. We got rid of the Shah years ago."
    "In that case," says Philip, "I'll have a fkn bath."

"...98... 99... 100. Phew! How was that?" asked my wife.

"Very impressive, Sarah," I replied. "However, there is a theory behind why it's known as a three-point turn."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    long day yesterday, little sleep the night before so I got a nice sleep recharge and ready to git goin. Off to look a farms in another county so another kind of adventure. Looked at one farm yesterday and this person had some pigs that were a good 800 lbs. There were huge!! I didn't think to bring my camera to snap a few shots but they would have taken up the whole screen anyway.

Thanks for the brew Mick. Yep, I enjoy the good ol boy's dialect. No tunneling today eh?

well off to it, good to read everyone's posts, a double threader yesterday I saw. Tah, good to see you pop in, please don't be a stranger. Morning to you Lav, Pauly, PQ, NS, Pie, Det, SF, Bear, and other good friends I may have missed.

Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Happy Hump day to all
      I have an action packed, fun filled day yesterday, ha ha! All three grandkids were here, the noise level was unbelievable!
      I kept them busy & outside as much as possible but it was hot! We grilled individual pizzas outside for lunch. They had fun adding their own toppings & generally making a big mess, ha ha!!

Mick, the storms here all come from the west. I can look out the front door & watch the big dark clouds approach! I hope you didn't get too big of a storm! Good luck on tomorrow's adventure!

Sam, an 800 pound pig must look like a Volkswagon - I can't even imagine!!!!
      Good luck on your farm visits today
      YB is in Tyson, VA this week for a seminar hosted by George Mason University!!!

Det, we all hope you remembered to pack your underwear, ha ha!

Greetings bear, I hope your day is a good one!
      Hi there Pauly, Pie, NS, PQ, SF & anyone else checking in today.

Have a wonderful AF day one & all.
      I am in 'rest up' mode today because I will be spending the next 4 or so days taking care of my grandsons. Their parents will be away for a destination wedding for a friend of theirs. Pray for me, please!!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,is course I know you're Scottish,but your living in England reminds me of you,we had a discussion of malteasers and mars bars awhile back,so when I see those I think of you,not haggis though bleh,Lav,the kids looked very happy with their little pizzas,so cute so no one gave mention of my decoy can,my friend at work has our affliction and she thinks my idea is good just to keep everyone off my ass,I guess I'll just hafta see how it goes,Sam,my sleeps been shit off and on this week too,its like a wired sleep,hard to explain, would have loved to see the 800 lb pig! Det,you sound good,Pie,what hat are you sporting today? Bear,keep up the good work PPQP,what's on the agenda today? How's your son been doing? Off to tame this wild beast that resides on my head,much love to all,have a sweet Wednesday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all, and thanks for the start-up Mick!

I've been thinking about how much work-related stress I endured before I retired. It was positively relentless, at work, away from work, constant concern over what I was doing, needed to do, mistakes made, repercussions. I'm so grateful not to have that burden in my life anymore. I don't think I could have walked away from alcohol, aka, my relief valve, while all of that was still going on.

Mentioning because while the process of quitting has similarities for all of us, what's going on behind the scenes causing the mid-brain to cry out, varies with the individuals. Makes me wonder if there's a correlation between the amount of unhappiness or distress we feel from work, (or other sources), and the amount of difficulty we experience giving up alcohol.

Anyway, those are my thoughts this morning. Sam, your job sounds so interesting. I would completely ask to ride along if I lived in your neck of the woods. Hi Pauly. Hi Lav. Det, please do be careful packing. I'm pretty sure that having us go shopping for any items you forgot is best avoided.

Hey PQ, you got anymore time off coming to you?

Comment

Mentioning because while the process of quitting has similarities for all of us, what's going on behind the scenes causing the mid-brain to cry out, varies with the individuals. Makes me wonder if there's a correlation between the amount of unhappiness or distress we feel from work, (or other sources), and the amount of difficulty we experience giving up alcohol.
            Interesting thoughts, Pie.
            I think some people drink too much because of all the stress in their lives and they haven't learned other ways to deal with it - and some of them become addicted. Even without tons of stress, a person who is susceptible can become addicted with repeated exposures (and then that causes a lot of stress!). Whether the stress came first or resulted from the addiction, it seems to keep the drinking alive. I quit at a time that in general, my life was pretty easy. I think that helped enormously and it makes me reluctant to say much to people who are trying to quit in the midst of chaos - I don't know what that would be like but I can imagine it would be really tough.

Comment

hey all, Mick I really like my job,organisation and colleagues BUT the staff I have inherited are tricky to manage. I'm learning though, how to manage stress,how to believe in myself when times are tough and stick to my guns whilst being nice to myself.
              I was talking about future ideas more in sense of if I was to be made redundant,I have a plan B and feel a bit more in control.May even want the plan b in a few years anyway

Really interesting chat about how and when drinking changes,I think I've always drank to manage low confidence/relax but when friend died falling down the stairs in my house 12 years ago is when it really ramped up a gear. I've sometimes really wanted to carry on drinking past the head spin moment too,yet wasn't enjoying the feeling.

I'm feeling good today,dealing with what's on my plate,been to body pump and now on sofa with british bake off,cat and small bar of dairy milk.
              Happy wednesday everyone - apart from that bath and changing bedding on the cards,then sleep.
              one day at a time

Comment

Interesting discussion about the hows and why's,as I've said before I never drank til my early 30's,no stress brought it on and at first it was just hubs and I trying to play grown up I guess,I think with me drinking in excess brought on needing more and more,tbh I dunno what the hell happened, Bear,that would be so traumatic having that happen in your home of all places,very sad,tired from work but I'm just gonna have some coffee and try and get going,can't nap anymore for some reason, body won't allow it

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Both my son and I got sick from the heat yesterday. We were running around getting everything set up for school that starts on Friday. I was still not feeling well today.

Bear....I studied yoga because I was interested in it. And you get more out of a legitimate training than you can just going to classes. What I am saying is instead of looking at those things as a possible career change down the road....I would look into training for your own knowledge and well being. Then if it turns into a side gig or a new path in life so be it. I really wish more therapists incorporated holistic strategies vs. just talk therapy. Right now I am fascinated with somatic therapy.....there is a therapist who I have listened to and her stuff fascinates me. She believes that talk therapy needs to ultimately processed by the body. That it's not enough to just logically know stuff. Anyways....I think its a great idea to dig deeper into the stuff you are interested in.....share it with friends and then who knows.

Pauly and Pie....I've done a lot of digging on all the why's that go into my addiction. I think the reason treatment fails at alarming rates is that several factors go into it....and they are varied by the person. That is why ultimately most people who recover need to devise the plan that works for them. And even then there can be unforeseen events that throttle them back into addiction. Addiction treatment really is sad. I never understand why people are sent to facilities that out of the gate tell you they only have a 10 percent success rate. Why is that?

At studio and class is about to let out. Staying for the restorative.
                  Last edited by TheSunFlower97; August 5, 2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Feel better SF,the heat can drain you that's for sure

Comment

MAE ALL...

Apologies for not keeping up with the posts but have been going through wicked weather here in Calgary.
                      As a Community Centre we have to be prepared for hosting any evacuations so I've been a little busy.
                      Haven't even been able to survey the community garden yet.
                      Will check in with you all tomorrow.....:smile:PPQP
                      Last edited by porqoui; August 5, 2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X