Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frydai AUG 7ff

What, no early bird friday fred???
    I'm not sure, maybe I be dreamn. Well a nice rainy day today, thank goodness, we were starting to get dry for the first time this summer. All in all, it has been a nice green season. Today is cool, hints of fall. Not too much going on, see you all in the funny papers. (never really understood that phrase but there it is)
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Good morning Sam & all Abbers!

Gee, I hope Mick isn't stuck in traffic somewhere!

We had rain overnight here, it is partly sunny & coolish here this morning - perfect for me!
    I am just about 24 hors into my grandson's 5 day stay. We are all still OK, ha ha!
    I am going to go ahead & fill up the kiddie pool for them to use later ~ I think. I need to double check the weather forecast.

PQ, so sorry about your eye news. I think 4 day weekends sound like a great idea - do it lady!

SF, I think kids do best when they have happy & relaxed parents. That's a hard thing to pull off when you're stressed out & working long hours - been there & done that. I hope your kids have a great school year!

Hello to everyone & I will try to check in later tonight.
    Have a terrific AF Friday everyone

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, where the heck is Mick?very unusual, you know how I worry,hi Sam and Lav PPQP,that eye is a trouble maker!seems like its been acting up forever, that just got me thinking about the super glue incident, that was awful, I am off to visit my family thisaafternoon, I'm nervous, I hate traveling and I hope its just a kick back weekend no bullshit! Kellie's stupid boyfriend is trying to ride along and I don't feel like dealing with him and whatevs I'm getting too worked up,must calm down, I'm not sure if I get service up there and my dad is a computer hog talking with his lady from Ireland so if you don't hear from me for a few days that's why,wish me luck,much love to all and I hope everyone has a nice Friday and weekend (hope I do too)
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the start up, Sam. Enjoy the grandsons, Lav. PQ, any idea why your eye is getting worse? Troubling news for sure. Four day weekends in your future sound mighty nice. You willing to let your co-workers struggle a bit/figure things out for themselves on your days off? May be a good opportunity to re-balance your work v. life equation.

Speaking of balance, I'm trying to recall accomplishments, to offset the many regrets from my drinking years. Not everything I did during that time was cringe-worthy. Or maybe this is not worth the effort, since it's only the present that matters.

Not much on the agenda for today. I seem to be in procrastination mode.

Comment

Hi Pauly! Hope your travels go smoothly.

Comment

Me too Pie thanks
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya folks...me here...told you it was an early start this morning.....pretty tired tonight tho.......Pauly best o luck on your travels..the ultimate answer is within your grasp this weekend as to how you and booze get on...best of luck..but with the willpower you have got...you wont need luck!!go for it...

Sam great start up this morning ..cheers buddy..you even managed to get the spelling correct in the title!!

havent even read back ...so tired!!!have a great evening all

Immigrant runs 30 miles through channel tunnel.

He has since been given full British citizenship and will represent the UK at next year's Olympic Games.

Blonde: "Why do you keep turning off the lights?"

Dave: "I'm trying to reduce our carbon footprint."

Blonde: "Can't we just wear smaller shoes?"

Had a ploughman's lunch yesterday.

He was fcking furious.

Remember days before computers?

Memory was something you lost with age
              An application was for employment
              A program was a TV show
              A cursor used profanity

A keyboard was a piano
              A web was a spider's home
              A virus was the flu
              A CD was a bank account

A hard drive was a long trip on the road
              A mouse pad was where a mouse lived

And if you had a 3 inch floppy...
              You just hoped no one ever found out!

My friend is really interested in magnets.

Personally, I can't see the attraction.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....

Sam...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Haven't even heard that phrase and yup it doesn't make any sense to me either. Fall is my favorite season but I'm not ready for that yet. The rain and thunderstorms finally ended was a nice hot sunny day today.

Lav...you are a brave Lady...5 days! Hope the weather held up for you and you were all able to enjoy the pool.

Pauly....Good luck with your travels, I hope everything goes smooth for you. Yup been dealing with the iritis since February. At least the crazy glue only took a week to deal with.

Pi...I agree that it's the present that counts. It took me long enough to learn that I couldn't change the past so why dwell on it. How does the saying go... 'Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.' The eye gets worse when I'm under a lot of stress. So some days it feels like it's gone and then I can feel it's back. I think the 4 day weekends will help a lot. And I'm definitely willing to let the co-workers struggle on by themselves. Procrastination can be a good thing but was just wondering how the bathroom redo is going?

Mick...I hope you're getting a well deserved sleep. We knew you were early out but you still usually manage to pop on. Your following worries when we don't hear from you.

Much better day today. Had a wedding ceremony at 2pm which is nice cause I get to see the bride then. They're lucky they didn't have it yesterday with the mood I was in. LOL Nessy got a recall notice, dang. Have to take her in for a software upgrade. Apparently even after I turn her off and take out the key her engine could still be running. Haven't noticed it though and the fix is a quick 3 minutes. Will pop in before heading to Dad's tomorrow. Looking forward to the weekend. Start my 4 day weekends next Friday and really looking forward to that.

Have a peaceful evening all......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mick and porqoui,

You are still strong.

Will be coming back soon my dear friends.
                  AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

We survived day 2 of 5, yay!!!
                    YB returned from his conference this afternoon so now I have back up

Mick, I did know you said you had an early morning - we just like to worry unnecessarily!

Pie, how is the bathroom project going? Does that sound too personal? Ha ha!
                    I have a feeling your past involved a whole lot of good stuff. The problem is our memories may be a bit skewed thanks to toxic substances. Focusing on the present & keeping a half an eye on the future is a good thing!

PQ, I have recalls piling up on my Chevy but none of them are serious so far.
                    I hope your new & improved schedule helps you finally get that eye cleared.

Pauly, I hope yo know we are all with you in spirit! Enjoy the weekend!

Hey there CanToo - good to see you.
                    Greetings SF, you usually pop in pretty late.

Peace to all.
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello to you too Lavande
                      AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

:yay::yay: CanToo is back!!!

Made me think of the hassles you went through to be re-named.

Good to see you.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                        X