monday the 10th of august

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday the 10th of august

mornin all ..and how are we today? who ever it is over there sending rain this way ...can you please stop it..its pouring down today!!!yesterday the sun was cracking the flags on a very loooooong day for me..and pretty unsuccessful too to be honest but hey thats the way the flop mops!!

so whats everyone up to today then ..brew time then onwards......

hey bear hows you then today?no stressy headedness today?enjoy your time in lon don..good job on the no drinking....so how did you overcome those thoughts?however ..whatever glad it worked...as for the good friend...if she is that good she wouldnt be saying that sorta crap....but I guess some people dont realise the depth their innocuous remarks can reach.....stick with us

hey Sam the man ..hows you then ? did you get the brakes fixed?when you said dragging your feet ...did you mean literally?????you out conservin soil today mate?

hiya pee pee (procrastinating pie)..or shall we go back to pie? hows you today then?hows the refurb doing?all good?

Lav...here you go ...a bucket o caffeine!!well thats it job done!!you time now....any plans for the week?

hiya all those mia ..ppqp ,ns,pauly......hope it went well ,SF, Det Eloise...and of course Cantoo....where are you btw?and anyone else my tiny brain has forgotten!!!!

take it easy n have a good one!!

My young daughter has just asked me if she could watch the Justin Bieber movie:

"It's rated 12," she said.

"Out of a fcking hundred I assume?"

Fell asleep watching the BBC News channel last night, woke up and they were talking about "Little Boy" and "Fat Man".

Took me a while to realise they were on about the nuclear bombing of Japan and not the Ted Heath enquiry.

We're putting a Band together, and we decided to call ourselves 'Bubble wrap'.

All we do is Pop...

I phoned my doctor's practice today.

I said, "A pig just flew over my house."

"Sorry," replied the receptionist. "Did you say a pig?"

I said, "Yes, a big fat pig!"

She asked, "How?"

I replied, "Because you finally answered the fcking phone!"

The Scottish Parliament has banned GM crops, thereby dashing the country's hopes for a Mars Bar plant

I have been trying for years to write a book about the strength of the wind,

but so far I only have a draft.

Two cows are allegedly herded through Stafford's ASDA store in protest at how much dairy farmers are paid for milk.

One farmer said, "We're just trying to get things mooving.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

good morning all,
    kind of a dreary looking day out, perhaps some rain. Thanks for the brew and the ha's this morning Mick. Raining your way a bit?? We sure could use a splash. Brews up the kinda dissolves and doesn't amount to boo. Not dragging my feet, Lav hit on the head.... thinking of Fred Flintstone yesterday. Doing some farm visiting today, so far most people have been nice, an occasional grouch, but everyone has their bad day, eh?? Hope everyone had a good weekend.

be well good friends,
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

It's not me sending rain your way, Mick. We've not had a drop in over two months. Morning, Sam. I'm off to visit Dad today, and to pick up my work credentials for the upcoming school year. May even buy the primer I need to move forward with the bath refurb. Good news on the dog front; no further tissue removal needed.

Thanks for asking after me, Lav. I'm good, a bit blah perhaps, but overall in good shape. Complaints these days are quite minor, like yesterday someone took my reserved parking spot. Big deal. At 13 months AL free, life has vastly improved. There's plenty I haven't figured out yet, but I will.

Thanks for being here, friends!

Comment

Greetings Abbers!

It started out cloudy & now we're getting a gentle rain. Bummer beacuse I still have the boys here all day until their parents arrive. It will likely be dinner time by the time they get here. They spent the weekend on Hilton Head island Sam - you know where that is . A friend of theirs had a beach wedding there Saturday.

Thanks for the bucket of coffee mick, much needed & appreciated. Sorry your Sunday jaunt was a flop - stuff happens, right?

Sam, I should take a picture of my grandson's 'new' sneakers. I only took about 2 or 3 weeks for him to wear holes in the toes areas from dragging his feet on his scooter, ha ha!!! Totally Fred Flintstone

Hey Pie, glad you are OK
        Glad to hear your doggie is too. Hope you have a good visit with your Dad!
        I remind myself constantly to be careful in choosing my battles. The little BS things that piss me off today won't make a damn bit of difference in a month, a year or a decade from now! That way I can enjoy a LOT more peace in my head!!!!

Hello to everyone. Have a great AF day. I hope to check in tonight when peace has really been restored here.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Sorry your early out was unsuccessful and you're sure it has nothing to do with digs? No can do about the rain...we had it for a week over here. Sorry for MIA yesterday, the day just got away from me. Start my long weekends this Friday, really looking forward to it. We're going to be in the low 30's all week. Really reeks havoc on my COPD and breathing. Another reason to quit smoking I suppose.

Sam...yup everybody has those bad days. Can you imagine doing that job hungover! Hope your visits went well.

Pi...here we go again, bring it on September. Man this year is flying by. Do you get more work at the beginning of the year as opposed to the end of term? Glad the news is good about the tissue, one less thing to deal with. Hope your Dad visit went well and by the way, did you buy the primer? LOL

Lav...you never heard of destination wedding when I got married. Times have sure changed. Bet you'll be glad to see the backside of the boys, of course that's after you feed everyone.

Quiet night for me, just have to get dinner over with. Hope everyone has a peaceful evening.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, trip was ok,no drinkin, but I'm tired so I'll post in zee morning, much love to all
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly....glad to see you're home safe, sound and sober. :hug: Get a good night's sleep.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Yep PQ - fed them & got them out of here by 6 pm!!!!! I don't mess around, HA HA!!!
                The quiet is wonderful
                I hope your new schedule provides you with the rest & peace you need to continue healing!

Welcome home Pauly! Loved your new FB picture

Peace to everyone tonight!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X