Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday the 14.....nineteenth one before Christmas Day!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday the 14.....nineteenth one before Christmas Day!!!

mornin all ...nows that for a skeery thot...19 frietags before Chrimbo day..I still havent had me birthday pressie far less chrimbo!!joining Pauly today in the fact that its cats and dogs coming down....so there we go ...a grand start to the weekend...so how are we all today then ?all good hopefully ...poets day for those working ...dont forget..

brew time and on we go...

mornin Lav.....and how are you today then?rested chilled relaxed after your kid free day?did you get much done or was it one of those aaaaaaahhhhhhh days?heres a nice chillaxin brew so have a great day!!my friend gave me a shed ful of weird and wonderful seeds to grow next year so going to try something different as opposed to a butterfly food bank!!like you at this stage of life just want peace n quiet with no drama..worked all my life to get to here!!tho certainly aint drama averse if it pops its head in!!

hey det hows you matey...all good...campin in the desert?watch out for them pesky injuns!!had to read your post twice feelin spiffy...thought you said spliffy!!thought thats a bit of an admission to make in writing !!we all get pissed off.com ..but work thru it buddy..you dont need the loser boozer!

hi pie ..hows you today then?youre welcome to the jokes tho at times it gets a bit difficult...so where have you taken yourself off to today then?you still decorating?

Hiya Sam the man ..hows you today then?took me a while to guesstimate gmo ..but ..genetically modified? yes the fall is defo on us here..Old England in the fall!!!

now then 18 year old ppqp....hows you today at the start of your 4 day jolliday?hope you enjoy...and hope work isnt included in that at all!!

hiya NS ..how are you today then?good but busy?you doing anything this weekend?have a good one anyway

hey pauly..how are you doing?hope you are well...nah you aint 97..you dont look a day over 21...!!as for the wureld around you ...you take care of you ..numero uno!!then everything falls into place..as for the kidz when they go back..we go thru that every time with Amy!! as for the smokes and giving up....hey the more you put into that ..the less you will consider booze so there is a silver lining!!!!!you have a great day.....

hey bear wheres you today then?you aint signed in the skool register yet!!!!hows things with you?

right folks to all those missing ..non missing lurking etc ...have a great weekend

What do we want?

Race car noises!

When do we want them?

Neeeeeeoooooowwwwwwwwwwwww

"So," said the judge, "this man is claiming that you shoved a monocle up his anus."

"I object."

"Yes, I know what a monocle is."

how true is this!!!!

A serious incident occurred in Manchester City Centre today.

The Police immediately responded to the incident by sending out three tweets and a Facebook post.

I said to my mate, "I can't remember the name of the movie company that has a mountain in its logo."

He said, "Is it paramount?"

I said, "Not really, it's just really annoying me."

"I saw some suspicious activity at the local university this morning," my dad said.

"Drug dealing?" I asked.

He said, "No, students studying."

BBC NEWS
    'A man who tricked high-ranking Judges into thinking he was a Solicitor has been sentenced to 16 months in prison.'

He was originally given 4 years, but he managed to talk them down.

My daughter's boyfriend brought her home drunk.

"Quick, call an ambulance," I shouted.

"She's only a bit pissed," he said.

"It's not for her," I replied.

Apparently Great White Sharks don't actually like the taste of people.

Unfortunately by the time they find this out, you're dead.

I forgot it was world elephant day, don't blame me, I'm not an elephant

I've lied on my CV for 5 years about my exam results, a B in maths... I cant even count to B!

More people die on Britain's roads each year than drowned when The Titanic sank.

Yet you still can't buy a car with a lifeboat.

I tried out for a new team earlier and it was so frustrating.

"Pass me the ball"
    "Pass!"
    "I'm wide open!"
    "Pass me the fcking ball!"

Bunch of hoggers the lot of them. I knew golf wouldn't be for me

My kids school is looking for some more teachers and in particular a new head of history.

What's the point of getting a head of history?
    Last edited by Mick; August 14, 2015, 08:34 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

who wants rain????

20150814_120804.jpg

spoiled rabbits ...rain cover!!!

20150814_114445.jpg

11822494_10153510548009476_4533816272740650219_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
      another beaut coming our way. Fall like temps, clear sky. Getting myself organized to start a different county today. Yesterday I went and bought feed for my animules. Went to a friends to play music last night and had left the feed in the back of the truck. Some kind of critter got in the back and tore the bags to shit. Guess it was a raccoon, maybe a bear? anyway I got to clean that up and see really what I lost. Always something to bitch about, eh??

Mick, see you forgot that strange creature: tufted tit mouse. Rain looks like it is definitely on your agenda today!

Det, glad your all shiny again!

Well off to do my clean up and then on to the work world. Hello to everyone!!!

Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers

Sunny & 70 degrees at the moment - nice! I wish it would just stay like this forever, ha ha!!
        The weather buzzards are talking about another heat wave for next week - boo, hiss.

Mick, I love the rain hat for the bunnies! Now they don't have to worry about getting frizzy hair!
        Speaking of butterflies, I've been meaning to get online & buy some wilkweed to plant here for them. I will do that later.
        I was going to get a Curves trip in this morning but I think I'll skip that & get this place cleaned up a bit. My big dog has had a massive shedding going on despite all the grooming. I brush tons of hair out of her & she still drops hair everywhere.
        Daughter & granddaughter announced last night they are coming for the day too

Sam, raccoons are such a pain, so destructive - hate to see them
        I hope you enjoy your farm visit today!

Det, camping in the hot, dry desert - hmmm. Good luck to you!

Greetings to Pauly, pie, NS, PQ & everyone checking in today. SF, how are you?
        I hope to check in later-ish. Have a great AF Friday everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, bleh,my coconut oil tipped over and I didn't have the lid all the way on so now its all over the cabinet, usually its solid but I guess it was warm downstairs, put too much in my coffee and now I feel like puking,Mick,can't believe its getting so close to chrimbo,bleh,that makes me wanna puke too,although I'll admit that I have started buying here and there,I started just giving the kids money for birthdays about 2 years ago so on Christmas I like to buy them a bunch of stuff,Sam,sorry about the feed,could be just about any animal I guess,is there much left?went to bed with a headache,woke up with a headache haven't been taking Advil as much but this morning I think I need one,damn heavy air and my sinuses make a miserable time,Det,I always think I like being alone and I do,until I'm alone for too long,then I get bummed out,I'm gonna walk to the store later and see if they have any steak on sale,for some reason a grilled piece'o beef is calling my name,even if it rains I'll grill it! Much love to all,hope everyone enjoys this beautiful Friday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hand raised here for some of that rain, Mick, or 70 degree temps, Sam. Trees, grass, etc., here can best be described as crispy.

Pauly, you put coconut oil in your coffee? For flavor?

Morning Lav. And a huge tip of the hat to you for your 16,000+ posts in support of all of us who come here seeking help. I was reading way back in the Newbies Nest last night, and gained a new appreciation for your ongoing presence here.

Gotta run, timer is going off on my hair color. Back later.
            Last edited by Pie; August 14, 2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

What color Pie? Mines a wreck but I CBA after the perm fiasco,the coconut oil supposed to be good for the body in ways but who knows,it may just be a fad,but to me it does taste good

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Pauly. Same color, just did the roots. I'm just starting to learn about coconut oil. Summer Guest bought me some to use in cooking, and it does add a nice, subtle flavor.

Comment

it's also nice to put on hair as treatment,put on dry hair,then put shampoo onto dry hair after an hour(or overnight)then add water and lather rinse and do usual conditioner.Also good handcream,it's great stuff.

Been feeling sick, dizzy,sweaty and faint yesterday,still not great today so I took a half day.
                  Off to get blood test at doc next week,just in case - could be my hormones, least I know heart and BP are fine as they were checked other week.I'm going to try eating bigger more protein filled lunches and see if that makes any difference too.Keeping on with the deep breathing too,though I find guided audio meditations easier.

So I have cancelled going away this weekend,and am having a lazy day(yes - me!),off out for curry tonight. Tomorrow may do bit of laundry and tidying,Sunday just popping to fave gym class if I feel better and buying a new foundation.

Other night I fell asleep on the sofa halfway through 'bake off',then couldn't sleep,started reading 'gone girl',love it and then had restless night's sleep. Woke up feeling very jittery,I did ten mins of listening to breathing and still feel jittery.

Yesterday I smoked instead of going to the gym,fell asleep in make up and didn't clean my teeth or do my aromatherapy.

I'm not saying this in a ' should ' way but a - 'this will make me feel better way'.

I feel like I have too many things half done at work and in the house,don't feel motivated to do it and feel a bit disorganised.
                  I haven't cooked a meal from scratch in the evening since the end of May!It's been beans/egg on toast,toasties,pizza and oven chips,I have smoothie and overnight oats with fruit/seeds and veg for lunch but I need better nutrition for dinner than stuff on toast.

Phew!I'm sober,it feels like the pressure is building and I need time to just 'be'

It's a backlog of work pressure,worrying about implications of person off sick with stress in my team and impending capability procedure,other person getting behind on their work due to excess sick and am I leading and being a positive manager,completing my objectives.

Worrying deep down what people think of me and being a bit paranoid.House is getting messy and cluttered again as well.
                  I'm resilient,people see me as 'can do' and funny and want to spend time with me,I'm a supportive friend,I have my own style and make the effort to look and smell nice,I have a sense of humour,I'm caring,non judgemental and bright.

I want to look after me properly and am frustrated that I'm backsliding into neglecting myself,dressed up as 'I'm chilling out'.

I have a case of monkey mind today
                  one day at a time

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the kick-start. Nessy all tucked away at the dealership and no thoughts of work. Good news, rain heading back here for the weekend so your Sunday early out should be dry and sunny. Now about the count down to Chrimbo, we need to talk!

Sam...hope you didn't loose too much feed. Sounds like the job is going good.

Lav...well at least you got one kid free day.

Pauly...you nailed it. That's what I've been feeling...the heavy air. Heatwave ends today so looking forward to a cooler weekend. Hope you got your steak.

Pi...I actually ventured out to the threads and found Matt's thread. Started at 2 weeks AF and ended with over 1 year AF. I usually just stay close to this thread but am glad I went visiting.

Plans are to get to the housecleaning I've been procrastinating with. No vehicle today so should be able to manage that. Have a Fabulous AF Friday all.....:smile:PPQP

Xpost Bear....I'm exhausted just reading that post. Hope you are feeling better. Getting out of our routines can really throw us off. One step at a time. Whatever is bugging you the most deal with that first. Even if it's getting that load of laundry done. Sounds like you need some down time and maybe the Serenity Prayer? :hug:
                    Last edited by porqoui; August 14, 2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Yes Bear,I too am tired just reading your post,just take it easy,you don't have to take on the whole world all at once, I do agree with a bigger protein based midday meal,sounds like your blood sugar might be wonky like mine,PPQP,I took a walk even though I'm pretty sure I caught a cold from my trip,soooo humid and heavy,felt like a hot day at the beach,no bueno! Did buy 3 packs of premarinated steaks for 14 bux,now if only I feel like grilling later

Comment

Tried to grill but its windy and rainy,blew out my charcoal!finishing up in the oven,whatevs

Comment

Busy week....the kids back in school, so we are back on a schedule or trying to get on one. Been feeling draggy all week....but, I am not a fan of getting up at 5:30am All good here.

I'll need to take time Sunday to get caught up on everyone's posts.

Comment

Working...
                          X