X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wenzdi 19

morn all........well firstly pie.....here ya go

images.jpg

yep after all this time thats my other hobby...I used to do it underwater on shipwrecks etc..but them days are well gone!!the reason I am up so early,is at times I go all over the country,theres a lot of research has to go into it first who why what where when etc etc...then you have to get permission ..sometimes its about 3 hours travelling each way to get there...Over the years I have found some pretty nice stuff of various metals,and various ages..I have 2 machines,each of them is over £1000 to buy so its pretty high end stuff ......anyways well done to you pie

downloaded windows 10 yesterday....apart from the start up screens etc ..the difference is minimal ..and the glitches are still there!!!!so its not the all singing and dancing..also got a new phone yesterday..Samsung Galaxy S5..Its pretty smart
    and today its off to the building society to sort out finances....and tomorrow car into garage for service and check over

right brew time!!

hiya pauly...hows you today then?all good I hope.....it was interesting reading your post...and what did strike me was something you said about what I do on Sundays..I reckon we were over guessing! you can apply that same sort of ethos to quitting....what if the kids play up ..what if I get bored ..what if I have nothing to do what if I get angry and peed off? actually we all get that...but they dont last..if you focus on I aint drinking whatever happens even in the crap times you get thru it..as for day ones ..yep we all had loadsa them.....anyway you have proved you can do it....the weekend with your family showed that!!so you aint goin back....booze has had the sack!!

hiya NS..hows you then ?all good?again reading your post...I , like both you and Lav post and write here in the hope that some of the guff I write will strike a chord somewhere with someone..and just as I was helped..then I would like to think that I could give back to help someone ...lotta someones in there !!but you get my drift!what are you up to today then ?doing granny things?

hiya pie ...o great one!!hows you today then?reading your post....keeping stocked up...hiding the stash,hiding and getting rid of the empties..jeez when you look back!hows doggy land today then?

hi Det....hows you today then?that chinese name has started todays pics off ...well done!!

hiya ppqp ...you ok?hope you had a better nights sleep :hug:

hiya Lav ..thunderstorms ,fog youre getting your fair share of iff y weather then?Ive just got 1 puter...thats enough..tho on saying that I have 2 phones and a tablet and a main frame..rephrase that..I have 5 puters!!brew time ?no kiddywinks today?

hi bear..I think you nailed it when you said that it was stressy headed ness that caused it..pleased that bloods etc came back good..all you need to do is work on the chillaxin!!

hiya Sam...hows you today then mate?hope all is well ...seem to be doing pretty good on the animal front! yep it was an upgrade..and a not so good one at that!still got the same problems..so I guess that it will be orf to the shop with it..speaking of animals..I can hear both rabbits stomping in their hutch outside ..its usually a sign of warning of danger ..but in their case it means oi let us out!!

right folks ..for the offski ...have a good one.....

6a00d83452931669e20120a66e0138970c.jpg

download (1).jpg

all washed down with a bottle of.........

article-1279806-09A92BFA000005DC-198_306x423.jpg

I said to my wife, "I'll make the tea."

She said, "bloody hell, that's a first."

Four hours later I shouted from the kitchen, "Tea's ready."

She walked in mumbling, "About fcking time, I'm starving."

I said, "Do you want milk and sugar in yours?"

My wife started cooking for our guests and told me to prepare the table.

So I went in and told them all about her cooking.

Just bought some transparent paint called 'Fckall'.

It does exactly what it says on the tin.

My three unwritten rules :

One day a redhead, a brunette, and a blonde were on their way to heaven.

God told them the stairs to heaven were 1,000 steps and on every step he was going to tell them a joke. If they laughed they would not be able to get to heaven.

So the redhead made it to the 45th step and laughed.

The brunette made it to the 200th step and laughed.

But the blonde made it to the 999th step and laughed even before god told his joke.

God asked "Why did you laugh I haven't even told the joke yet"

The blonde said "I know I just now got the first one!!!"

came home from the pub drunk last night and went straight to bed. As I started to get undressed I noticed a man outside rummaging around in my car.

"Oi!" I shouted from the bedroom window.

He said, "What?"

I said, "You've got 10 seconds to get the fck away from my car before I call the police."

He said, "You've got 5 seconds to get out of my house before I break your legs."

I was walking through the park and I saw an old guy doing Tai Chi.
    I watched him for a while, marvelling at his moves.
    Only when I got closer did I see it was a tramp trying to put on his coat

I phoned the Emergency Services the other day and I was on hold for ten minutes. When I got through I said, "You're lucky this is a hoax."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hey Mick,secret squirrel!Were you into the treasure hunt before you were sober,or is it a new hobby.Good to have interests that totally absorb us.

I'm up ready for another day - working on the chilling, did some yoga yesterday and a lot of walking.Today is breathing exercise before I leave and body pump later.

One thing that really helped me was reading that thoughts are just that and they're not real,to treat them like sounds,something that passes in and out and isn't a concrete reality.

I have realised that I can create my own stress no matter what is happening in my outside world,yes,the work stuff is stressy BUT more so because I am letting it push my 'I'm not good enough' buttons.

It's that secondary stress that is worse and more painful.

Had lovely funny night last night, I was only one not drinking and didn't even notice/care - someone pointed out but in a bit of an admiring way.We talked about various booze types,bad hangovers and I said that's why I quit as it makes me so miserable.Not the whole truth,but enough and made me feel stronger in my quit.I actually thought of it like me quitting meat,something I just don't do anymore.

This year is going to be when I really focus on ME,sorting and decorating my house, sorting my head out with hypno and getting into my yoga and meditation.More importantly though last night I realised I need more FUN and social activity,happened to be in a pub garden - but I want to plan different stuff. Films I really want to see,art galleries and comedy and theatre.
    I can easily look like I'm chilling when I'm actually stewing/isolating.
    Happy Thursday.
    one day at a time

Comment

Good morning Abbers & happy Hump day

Still stuck in the hot & humid stuff here, oh well.
      Just saw yesterday that the Old Farmers Almanac is predicting colder winter here than usual. I have something to look forward to I guess, ha ha.
      I woke up to a text this morning telling me the boys will be here at 3:30 this afternoon. My mini vacation is officially over!

bear, it is self-empowering to actually tell someone that you have chosen to not drink anymore. You don't have to go into great detail, I don't. That simple statement makes you feel stronger

Greetings to all, I will check in later. I have an appointment & need to get going.
      Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,in a way I do think i over guess,over think,over analyze this whole drink stuff,so much easier to just say"im done" and actually be done,so dumb that ive made it so difficult,i couldnt read the first pic,what does it say? I cant believe anyone wants to drink"Arse" haha,keep getting cold spells for some reason,its 109 during the day,i should not be getting chils! Just chugged some applecider vinegar down,damn its nasty stuff,i told Brady to put some on his pimps cuz it clears them up super fast,he says it stinks too bad,crazy kid,im orf to the gas station to get some cough drops,hello to all,back later
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That's a mighty fine looking seegar there, Mick. And since I finally got around to painting the bathroom yesterday, now have two reasons to smoke it. Actually going to put a second coat on the cabinets, so will hold off until that's done.

Another wildly interesting hobby for you, Mick. Hope you might share some treasure stories if you feel like it. Is the metal planter you recently made one of your finds? I recall one Sunday outing you mentioned having fallen into a mud hole and needing a change of clothes. What was that about? Color me intrigued!

I echo Pauly's thanks from yesterday to NS, and every one of you long timers who stick around and point the way. Truly priceless, such a gift!

Comment

morning all
            had a hard to getting to sleep last night but when I finally did, slept hard. The old dream activity has been running rampant the last week or so. Strange, no-sensical stuff that I wished I'd written down, cause now I can't remember boo. Nothing bad, just weird.

underwater hunting at one time eh, Mick? now that must have been very intriguing. A different world altogether. Find any coins??
            Pirate treasure, matey?! I am fascinated by old coins.

Bear, I think you hit on the thing that I believe is important in our quit: enjoying yourself. It is easy to fall in the trap of things were more fun with drink, yet you were able to go out friends, not drink and enjoy yourself. Once the concern of not drinking-- not having, fun changes to I don't drink--now I can enjoy what's real and choose the moment, the whole dynamic of your quit changes, now you're looking at the stress thing in a good healthy way of dealing with it!!

Pauly, I loovves apple cider vinegar, especially the "Braggs"" brand. When I get feeling a little off in the winter, I make a "tea": hot water slash of vinegar, smattering of honey; sweet and sour you might say.

Lav, wish the heck it would quit beating around the bush here and rain. Our garden is getting dry, good tomatoes and squash though. We've made lots of salsa so far. Enjoy the kids!!

Pie, I need for you and Mick to come to Va and remodel a bathroom for me. Had the plumbing rearranged yesterday, sewer line moved for the toilet and sink water set up moved. It is a tiny bathroom. My folks had a shower in there but I tore it out, floor pan had rusted through. Now dealing with the floor and walls. The walls are old plaster, cracked of course. So I'll wait for you all to arrive to finish. There, no I don't have to deal with it. I can tell my wife I'm waiting on you all.

NS, I re-echo the thanks on a good post yesterday. What's going on your way today?

Det, reckon I need to look back a day and see what you posted, Chinese take out??

PQ, how's it going today for you? Eyes much better??

off we go good friends, be well
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Waiting on us? Good one, Sam! Made me laugh as much as Mick's blonde joke this morning. Sounds like you've got the heavy lifting done on the bathroom project with the plumbing squared away. Are you doing away with shower entirely, or putting in a new one? I would totally love to pitch in on your rehab, and get an up close look at those twins!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Been feeling a little off lately. Not sure what it is. Just find reading the thread exhausting so apologies for not posting properly. Son announced he got laid off and didn't seem too upset about it. That was until he showed back up again at 2am this morning with major anxiety and panic attack. So much for the decent sleep I was having. The ongoing eye situation is getting me down, next appointment not till Aug 31st. Ex still hassling me, boss dumping mega responsibilities on me with no monetary compensation, blah, blah, blah. Just wanted to let you guys no I'm doing ok AL wise but am feeling overwhelmed these days. Another long weekend for me coming up so hopefully will get out of this slump and enjoy it. Out to dinner with a girlfriend tonight, looking forward to that. Will check back later with you guys.....:dispirited:PPQP

Comment

Take care, PQ. Glad you made a moment to post even with so much going on. Hope dinner out is a bright spot!

Comment

Deep breaths PPQP,try not to get overwhelmed (I'm a hypocrite) take some time at dinner to decompress and relax,Sam,I do use the Bragg's brand,got a gulp of the"mother" and gagged,now I make sure its shaken,I swear,every med I take for allergies makes me jittery and its just the regular stuff no "D" I wonder why,here I thought when it got hot it would kill all the allergens in the air,pssh
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

PPQP, The only really irritating issue I've got at the moment is a clueless colleague and just that zaps my energy. I'm impressed you even have the energy to log on and read here! I'm sorry you're struggling with so many different things all at once - that is really stressful. :hug: NS.

Comment

Good evening all.

PQ, here's a group hug for you :hug:
                        Sorry so much shit has hit the fan all at once. Seems like that happens when we did nothing wrong & definitely don't deserve it either. Please just look after yourself for now :hug:

Pauly, the heat never kills off allergens & it seems that the cold doesn't either. Have you thought about getting allergy testing done to find out exactly what you are reacting to? My daughter was tested last year & found out she only has 3 things she reacts to & not the thousand she always thought.

Sam, we had several pop up showers this afternoon. They watered the garden & made the air even more humid if that's possible. Good luck on your bathroom - been there & done that before!!

Hey there Pie & NS & everyone.

Peace to all.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey PQ - sorry it's all kicking off at once, deep breaths.Sending you some calm, just done a 7 minute meditation so I have a bit more then previously. Take care.
                          one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                          X